Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:38:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin destroy the world?  (Read 1947 times)
thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:51:25 PM

The energy that Bitcoin mining consumes does not even reach as high as 1% of the world's total energy consumption. That means it only comprises a very small percentage. That will not destroy the world. That would not even equal the very large nuclear and arms companies of so many governments around the world that are always creating new weapons of nothing but mass destruction. That should be the one that will be diminished in terms of energy consumption and not the insignificant Bitcoin mining.   
It's not Bitcoin that destroys the world, it's us. Bitcoin is designed for a common good, it is helping us in various forms and its benefits are not only to chosen few. As long as you have faith in it, then you will survive and continue to receive its valuable assets and returns. What truly destroys the world are our abusive behavior, irresponsibility, lack of concern, and divisiveness. I think we should train ourselves to be more thoughtful in everything that we do and wise enough to show our empathy and care in a little way because with this little contribution it can have a great positive impact.
tazman

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:59:37 PM

If you compare the energy consumption of the financial system with household energy consumption compared to unreliable comparisons. Compare the energy consumption of cars with horses. Where can we say horses if more environmentally friendly. Energy is needed for human life. Cool
zhopas

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:06:50 PM

I don't think that it will destroy the world because as what I can see, bitcoin helps a lot to people especially for those jobless people and for those business man who are looking for good investment.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:12:55 PM

I dont think that energy cost of btc mining will destroy the world.
Our planet has to move to renewables with our without BTC ming.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
BlossomSp

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:15:27 PM

That can not happen because now bitcoin helps a lot for everyone especially for the unemployed and for business men who are looking for good investment rather than for destroying the world, and I believe that Bitcoin is the future currency of our world.
Diki Santo

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:20:04 PM

bitcoin destroys the world, I think not. even in some countries there is a ban on the presence of bitcoin.
Suguha

Activity: 218

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:35:15 PM

Bitcoin will help the world specially those who have no sufficient money to have a living,bitcoin helps many people to earn money for their future.
Bitcoin cannot destroy the world instead its helping the world to develop, improve and lessen the poverty and unemployed people around the world also it helps young persons, teenager and students who wants to earn miney in the early age and I think because it serves as an early job to them.
gadimbrut

Activity: 418

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:44:37 PM

bitcoin will not destroy the world, bitcoin provides many facilities for humans to transact and also can be an investment choice, I think damaging dunai is a mining company that many damage the forest
Kriptomen_51

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:45:46 PM

A statement by the British Banking Organization that Bitcoin is a threat to banking activities should not be taken seriously.  Yes, Bitcoin certainly can take away some of the easy profits from banks, but for the very existence of the banking industry, it certainly does not pose any danger.  But with the reaction of banks to reduce the share of easy money in the structure of income can get a completely different story ...
EEEian

Activity: 246

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:48:59 PM

Bitcoin is unique historically,in that it was the first crypto currency.It is still the largest,but there is nothing permanent about that.The question of "what is the killer app for Bitcoin" is distinct from"what is the killer app for crypto currency".Even if you think some sort of blockchain will have value 100 years from now,the article has nothing to offer about the use of Bitcoin in particular.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:31:00 PM

all depends on the holders of bitcoin. if the holders and users of bitcoin use it for evil activity, bitcoin can destroy the world.
bitcoin is just a tool, not to be blamed.
but if we talk about environment, i think earth wont be destroyed just because many miners mining bitcoin.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Rakfosh

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:38:35 PM

Energy consumption bitcoin is the main problem that the crypto community will face in the near future. It may be necessary to create an additional network on top of the main chain bitcoin
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:45:47 PM

all depends on the holders of bitcoin. if the holders and users of bitcoin use it for evil activity, bitcoin can destroy the world.
but if we talk about environment, i think earth wont be destroyed just because many miners mining bitcoin.
How could we say that the bitcoin can change the world, when in fact it changes the life of an individual and the community so for me it h as been a great way for us to earn while learning things and changing the economic system, it could change the world if the bitcoin was destroyed.
reidel21

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:07:00 PM

maybe  this question like is money can destroy  the world!I think  it's  not!
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:08:23 PM

I don't think bitcoin will destroy the world since it was created for convenience of people but the worst case though if all the people using bitcoin became too greedy that they will do anything including bad things just to earn it.

Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:16:50 PM

Many people believe that Bitcoin is the future currency of our world. If anyone says that Bitcoin is taking the world to progress, I agree with it but Bitcoin can not destroy the world. This precious world is not yet well promoted about bitcoin.
There's still a wide variety of people who really doesn't know about this system, it can affect the economy if most of the people will use it as it is, this current industry is still young a lots of things to grow, after that maybe we will be able to speculate if this system can really ruin the world or its just another system that will be adopted and use by people who wants to take advantage and just love to earn good income, lets not be speculative in a negative side of it but always be positive that if ever this will be adopted it can help and not destroy any thing.
Jacsnuffles

Activity: 211
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 05:22:28 PM

I also thought about it sometime, that Bitcoin can cause an environmental problem, that sometime in the future, people will have an issue with the energy shortage. But I guess Bitcoin isn't the one responsible if it'll happen. It is us, humans.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
Froloff92

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:32:35 PM

I don't think so, because bitcoin can help us to survive in this world. bitcoin always help the country, bitcoin is the worlds strongest cryptocurrency.
Labay

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:45:02 PM

How could we say that the bitcoin can change the world, when in fact it changes the life of an individual and the community so for me it h as been a great way for us to earn while learning things and changing the economic system, it could change the world if the bitcoin was destroyed.

It also can change the world from replacing coin or fiat that we use in real world.  Using bitcoin, the fiat has a chance to be removed in the future because they waste money to create new coins or fiat on every year and it causes more expensive than it's value.  Bitcoin of course has an advantage and disadvantage, but almost all things has. But environment create for us to be used, and soon they study to create more better in the future.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
Ladyechy

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:47:39 PM

Bitcoin will not damage, it can change the currency system with its advantages. On the other hand, I think Bitcoin can never destroy the world, this is a misunderstanding. Bitcoin will make economic progress worldwide and get more advanced technology. This is just an event you can imagine but it is true and it will affect the world environment and the world economy in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: