Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:00:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ternio achieves 1,200,000 tx/s - announced during video AMA  (Read 121 times)
Ian_Ad3 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:31:38 PM

I thought you all might be interested to know that Ternio announced 1.2 milion transactions per second this week.  We did a full video AMA you can check out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AxoP4dMpZY

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX0FVQZU8AEoPVM.jpg
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:54:30 PM

1.2m tps, and it's still under development? That seems crazy, isn't it using stellar and thus isn't it limited by their limitations?

I would've thought to achieve 1.2m tps a new blockchain would be needed, that's what other projects are doing and many of them are facing many scam accusations just for claiming they've achieved 200k in testing (see credits)

xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:02:27 PM

I thought you all might be interested to know that Ternio announced 1.2 milion transactions per second this week.  We did a full video AMA you can check out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AxoP4dMpZY

A high throughput blockchain platform? It seems to be a good project worth diving into. I will take a look at the whitepaper and decide whether invest or not. Thank you for sharing the info.

jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:24:13 PM

Thanks and congrats to the team for reaching this milestone, but I don't know wy some people think that transaction speed is the only ting and the most important thing in a blockchain. There are alot of platforms with better transaction speed than Bitcoin but till now lack adoption

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Ian_Ad3 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:52:41 AM

1.2m tps, and it's still under development? That seems crazy, isn't it using stellar and thus isn't it limited by their limitations?

I would've thought to achieve 1.2m tps a new blockchain would be needed, that's what other projects are doing and many of them are facing many scam accusations just for claiming they've achieved 200k in testing (see credits)

I appreciate the skepticism.  It's a combination of hyperledger+stellar+patent pending tech to enable such scaling.  Theoretically limitations are 10mm tx/s in the future.

We're having a 3rd party independently verify as we understand the skepticism when only Ternio makes this claim. 

Check out the video AMA (7 min mark) where the announcement is made: https://youtu.be/4AxoP4dMpZY?t=7m
tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:18:33 PM

I appreciate the skepticism.  It's a combination of hyperledger+stellar+patent pending tech to enable such scaling.  Theoretically limitations are 10mm tx/s in the future.

We're having a 3rd party independently verify as we understand the skepticism when only Ternio makes this claim. 

Check out the video AMA (7 min mark) where the announcement is made: https://youtu.be/4AxoP4dMpZY?t=7m

That's a good step to remove skepticism although it won't completely stop it. Some people won't believe it even if you had a released and working platform!

Do you have an announcement thread or something similar here in the forum?

Ian_Ad3 (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:27:01 PM

That's a good step to remove skepticism although it won't completely stop it. Some people won't believe it even if you had a released and working platform!

Do you have an announcement thread or something similar here in the forum?

No, the best thing to do is signup for email updates, follow twitter, or join our telegram.   Ternio's telegram community is about 20,000 right now. 

Another BCT member did create a thread about our airdrop promotion.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2937292.0
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:30:26 PM

be interesting to have a top known dev look at this since others claiming such have turned out to be obfuscated centralised designs.

Ian_Ad3 (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:12:09 PM

be interesting to have a top known dev look at this since others claiming such have turned out to be obfuscated centralised designs.

Agreed!  We're working on that 3rd party right now.  Completely understand our claims have so much more weight when someone else makes them.
Kmdr

Activity: 103
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:41:34 AM

If Ternio are claiming those speeds, then prove it.  Where is the video footage from the tests?  Any external witnesses?  No?  None?  Then it's nothing more than marketing hype, much like what Ternio is based on.

↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️ EXTRADECOIN ↗️ The Exchange for Trader and Gamer ↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️↗️
Trade and Play [ https://extradecoin.com ]
sebastian787

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:52:49 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 11:52:39 PM by sebastian787

The TPS number proves nothing.
These numbers are pointless as the nodes are running on same computer with zero network latency.
So stop presenting fake numbers for creating a hype so people can invest on you.
The same happens with credits scammers.
Thats not how legit companies work.
Thats how scammers work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: