Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:36:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs  (Read 8755 times)
HashAuger (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 05:21:49 PM

That is good to know it's software issue. It's really frustrating to see a number 100x higher than it really is, cause if I was making that per day or even per week it would be totally sweet. Thank you.

Yes, it would have been awesome if that Sha256t number was accurate. Unfortunately, it was just a conversion issue due to a change in pool data.  I'm testing the fix now and it should be on my website in a couple of hours. I looked at all the other pools, it appears that the issue was limited to Zpool, which is probably how it slipped past me during pre-release testing.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
pizzaslut

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:57:12 PM

Thank you for the work. It also be nice if retrieving from NH, coinbase & other services was more reliable and worked. Thank you.
Zirillian

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:00:27 PM

To add on to that x16r price difference...I did notice that too on zergpool when that algo showedup.

HA - are there plans to add in the ability for the user to select more than one version of cc-miner? For example, there are a few different x16r ones out there (e.g. enemyminer 1.03) that work. Some also algorithms see improvemnts with KlausT or Alexis, for example.   Having just 3 miner choices (tpruvot, dstm, and ethhash or whatever) seems a bit limiting.  Would it create more problems than it solves to allow for different miner software?
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 07:22:00 PM

Thank you for the work. It also be nice if retrieving from NH, coinbase & other services was more reliable and worked. Thank you.

I never claimed that my software will retrieve balances from Coinbase or any other exchanges/wallets.  Hash Auger only tries to retrieve your unpaid balances from the pools themselves. Once a pool deposits your earnings into your wallet, it is outside of the software's view. I may add the ability to see the balances of exchange wallets in the future.

Due to limitations in the NiceHash API, I can only retrieve partial balances from internal NiceHash wallets; my software can only work within the limits that the service and pools provide.   Also, as long as pools prioritize their stratum servers over their API servers, there isn't much my software can do if a pool API server is overloaded and fails to respond to a request other than try again later.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 07:41:18 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 08:46:52 PM by HashAuger

To add on to that x16r price difference...I did notice that too on zergpool when that algo showedup.

HA - are there plans to add in the ability for the user to select more than one version of cc-miner? For example, there are a few different x16r ones out there (e.g. enemyminer 1.03) that work. Some also algorithms see improvemnts with KlausT or Alexis, for example.   Having just 3 miner choices (tpruvot, dstm, and ethhash or whatever) seems a bit limiting.  Would it create more problems than it solves to allow for different miner software?

The issue with x16r is not tied to a specific pool. The Tpruvot miner software exaggerates its performance with the algorithm during the benchmarking process; I've tried x16r with Zergpool, Yiimp.eu and MiningPanda.site and the device hash rate is always one-third to one-half of whatever the benchmarked rate originally was.

I am working on adding other miners, but the stability issues that have occurred with Nanashi and some versions of JayDDee miner and even certain algorithms on Tpruvot illustrate that there is often a tradeoff between potential speed improvements/new algorithms and reliability. I would like to give users the greatest possible choice of miners and algorithms, but I don't want to do so at the expense of stability.

I have done some work with KlausT miner and will probably use it to replace Nanashi miner in the near future. Unfortunately, Alexis CCMiner looks like a dead project on Github, so my concern with it is that changes to the Nvidia drivers since the miner's last release may cause stability issues with certain cards and/or algorithms. I will have to investigate the other x16r miners and see if they perform better than Tpruvot.
mininglesbian

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:20:02 PM

Love the app. What exchange are you using HA? What do you recommend? I want to use a good exchange for crapcoins. Also, do you think you can add a HDD miner for burst coin? And let us do curecoin with our cpu without switching algos would that not be possible?
Zirillian

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:30:00 PM

I am working on adding other miners, but the stability issues that have occurred with Nanashi and some versions of JayDDee miner and even certain algorithms on Tpruvot illustrate that there is often a tradeoff between potential speed improvements/new algorithms and reliability. I would like to give users the greatest possible choice of miners and algorithms, but I don't want to do so at the expense of stability.

Yep - makes sense and agree. Don't sacrifice stability.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 09:14:16 PM

Love the app. What exchange are you using HA? What do you recommend? I want to use a good exchange for crapcoins. Also, do you think you can add a HDD miner for burst coin? And let us do curecoin with our cpu without switching algos would that not be possible?

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I can't really give you a solid recommendation for an exchange because I let the pools do the auto-exchanging for me and HODL my payout coins... but days like today lead to me second guess that strategy.  From what I hear, it can difficult to find reputable exchanges that accept or have decent trading volumes in emerging coins. You may want to do some more research into Poloniex.  I haven't used it personally, but I have heard some good things about it in the past.

I'll have to investigate HDD miner more in depth. I really like CureCoin and Gridcoin for the fact that they are tied to scientific research. However, since those coins are so dependent on the completion of those research tasks, they are not the best candidates for an auto-switching program like mine because they are are not mined like other alt-coins.  It can take a CPU several hours or more to complete one task and each task usually has a deadline by which it must be completed in order to receive any credit. That makes it difficult to effectively switch between either coin and anything else. 
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 09:34:39 PM

Yep - makes sense and agree. Don't sacrifice stability.

I do want to give users a good balance between stability and performance, so I will add stable miners to the software.  Unfortunately, it is just a slower process than adding pools or other types of new features.
mininglesbian

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:08:28 PM

So what exchange has the best wallet that works best with your software? I think for stuff like curecoin maybe give us the option but only under non-switch algo settings; so like when we are auto-switching it won't do curecoin, but we can mine it when we manual select it. cause id be down to have my cpu only mine that while my 1070 oc and titan x mine other stuff. Thanks a biz
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 03:43:07 AM

So what exchange has the best wallet that works best with your software? I think for stuff like curecoin maybe give us the option but only under non-switch algo settings; so like when we are auto-switching it won't do curecoin, but we can mine it when we manual select it. cause id be down to have my cpu only mine that while my 1070 oc and titan x mine other stuff. Thanks a biz

My software doesn't have any preferences as to which wallets you use, nor does it integrate with any exchange or wallet provider. It just takes whatever wallet address you enter and passes it the appropriate pool as needed. Of course, you want to make sure that the wallet address you enter is valid and that it accepts external deposits or you won't receive any of your earnings.  The majority of the pools supported by the software accept BTC addresses, so you can create a BTC wallet on most exchanges or with a software/hardware wallet and then copy its address into the software. The only exception is that you cannot use an internal NiceHash wallet with other pools because those wallets are not visible on the blockchain and do not accept deposits from outside NiceHash.

Wow, I never realized that there were so many hardcore CureCoin fans out there until the past week or so. I appreciate the enthusiasm, but trying to integrate Folding@Home with Hash Auger isn't something I will be pursuing because the best case scenario would only be a button that stops one app from using the CPU and then starts the other.  You can already accomplish the same thing with only a couple extra mouse clicks by using each program separately.  For example, disable the CPU in Hash Auger and then start Folding@Home; your GPUs will still be mining crypto and your CPU will earn your a little CureCoin while helping to eradicate diseases.
pizzaslut

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:35:55 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 05:35:44 AM by pizzaslut

I am thinking about switching back to NH app for various reason(one of them being it's hashing a bit lower than NH based on what you are saying x16r). So my questions is there is dollar amount in the active wallet section, how does one get that into their wallet? Edit: For gpu mining that is, as CPU mining I am getting better hashrate than NH(mostly because there is way more algos to choose from).

Few other comments and things I've noticed. At least in my testing for cpu mining auto switching isn't picking the most profitable to mine and sometimes choose something that is half the profitability of another coin. I get that I can just stick to one thing, but that becomes harder when not at home monitoring the rig(like at work). So, it be nice if switching did choose the best coins for those time you can't be hands on. Wait, right now mining blake2s or zergpool and it's telling me I could make $2+ dollars, and it's increasing, but 0 out of 0 results accepted so far(past 5 minutes). Is this correct or is there also an issue here with the pool or software? I am really hoping no issue as 2+ out of a cpu would be great. Also, windows is showing me that cpu is only 60% at most being used with your app while cpu mining, but NH and xmrig was at 95% cpu usage. Is that normal?

More things to note the app crashed on me 3 times tonight. Twice trying bitcore on cpu(clicked start then app froze and crashed) and once on keccak. Okay so mining neoscrypt via cpu also had the app crash on me.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 06:26:20 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 06:38:21 AM by HashAuger

I am thinking about switching back to NH app for various reason(one of them being it's hashing a bit lower than NH based on what you are saying x16r). So my questions is there is dollar amount in the active wallet section, how does one get that into their wallet? Edit: For gpu mining that is, as CPU mining I am getting better hashrate than NH(mostly because there is way more algos to choose from).

Few other comments and things I've noticed. At least in my testing for cpu mining auto switching isn't picking the most profitable to mine and sometimes choose something that is half the profitability of another coin. I get that I can just stick to one thing, but that becomes harder when not at home monitoring the rig(like at work). So, it be nice if switching did choose the best coins for those time you can't be hands on. Wait, right now mining blake2s or zergpool and it's telling me I could make $2+ dollars, and it's increasing, but 0 out of 0 results accepted so far(past 5 minutes). Is this correct or is there also an issue here with the pool or software? I am really hoping no issue as 2+ out of a cpu would be great. Also, windows is showing me that cpu is only 60% at most being used with your app while cpu mining, but NH and xmrig was at 95% cpu usage. Is that normal?

More things to note the app crashed on me 3 times tonight. Twice trying bitcore on cpu(clicked start then app froze and crashed) and once on keccak. Okay so mining neoscrypt via cpu also had the app crash on me.

Thank you for trying my software out and all your feedback, sorry it didn't work out they way we both would have hoped.

I didn't think that NiceHash currently supports x16r, so I'm not sure how you are comparing hash rates for that algorithm and that is the only GPU algorithm that currently has an issue with benchmarking.  But NiceHash has its own miner, Excavator, that may be faster than Tpruvot for certain algorithms.  Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to add support for Excavator to my software yet. Also, Excavator has some pretty stringent licensing which makes it difficult to distribute legally.

Each pool has its own minimum payout limits and you'll have to look at each pool's website for the details.  Once your unpaid balance at the pool reaches that minimum amount, the pool will automatically deposit your current balance into your wallet. Unfortunately, most pools will not payout amounts less than their minimum payouts. If you would like to switch back to NiceHash but still get your unpaid pool balances, you should just mine on the ones with the highest unpaid balances with another mining program until you are paid out - just be sure to use the same wallet address as you used in Hash Auger.

Chances are you cannot make $2 mining any algorithm on your CPU, so I would say that is an issue. However, it is not an issue I can reproduce on my machine right now because the estimated profits for Blake2s on Zergpool for either of my video cards is $.62 and $0.00 for my i7. You might want to double check the benchmarked hash rates for your CPU to see if the rate is something other than kHs or if the number seems unrealistic. My i7-6700k is benchmarked around 16000 kHs for blake2s. Not having any accepted shares after only five minutes is completely normal if you are trying to mine an algorithm with a high difficulty on a low-powered device like a CPU.

Hash Auger will temporarily stop mining with an algorithm that keeps failing on a device. That may be why you are seeing the software skip the most profitable algorithms. If you want to PM me with some screen captures or your log files, I'd be more than happy to take a closer look.

As for the CPU utilization, if you have a CPU with hyperthreading, some CPU miners don't use the processor's virtual cores because they are not as efficient as its physical cores. Also, not using the virtual cores allows TurboBoost to work more effectively.  However, Windows Task Manager always uses the total of the physical and virtual cores. So the CPU miner might be using 4 physical cores but Task Manager shows 8 total cores (4 physical + 4 virtual) instead, which means it will display your CPU usage as being only around 50% (or a little more with TurboBoost on) even though your processor is fully utilizing its fastest cores.

Unfortunately the CPU miners are not very stable as I keep mentioning, which is why I disable CPU mining by default.  I have spent a bit of time looking for the most stable versions of the CPU mining software that I can find, but at the end of the day, the miners are someone else's code that I have no control of and can only do so much to program around. However, when the miners fail, the software usually recovers and attempts to mine something else unless the miner failure has thrown the entire system into an unstable state .These stability issues are most likely why NiceHash doesn't support nearly as many CPU algorithms. Since profitability for CPU-minable coins does not change as much as that of GPU coins, you may want to consider just setting up a few batch files to mine your favorite CPU coins using JayDDee or CPUMiner while using Nicehash or something else to profit-switch your GPUs.
pizzaslut

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:41:23 AM

Thank you for the reply. That is my plan, using NH for GPU and HA for cpu. Right now re-benching to see if there will be an update when mining cpu. Do you think you can also add xmrig and xmr-stack for cpu mining as I've heard positive things about their stability. Okay as I was typing this while benching hashauger crashed on me. Not sure what it was benching as I am on my Surface typing this.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 07:06:22 AM

Thank you for the reply. That is my plan, using NH for GPU and HA for cpu. Right now re-benching to see if there will be an update when mining cpu. Do you think you can also add xmrig and xmr-stack for cpu mining as I've heard positive things about their stability. Okay as I was typing this while benching hashauger crashed on me. Not sure what it was benching as I am on my Surface typing this.

As I mentioned earlier, both CPU Miners have stability issues, so it doesn't surprise me that one would fail during benchmarking.  Without having a copy of your log files, I cannot know anything more specific than that.  I would recommend that you consider finding some other program to do CPU mining with. Partly based on your feedback, I will probably be disabling CPU mining in my software in an upcoming release until the miners become a bit more stable.
pizzaslut

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:09:57 AM

Would Xmr-stack or xmrig be anymore stable to use?
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 07:46:17 AM

Would Xmr-stack or xmrig be anymore stable to use?

Since Xmr-stak is focused just on Cryptonight, I am sure it is a bit more stable than the other CPU miners that support dozens of algorithms. But, I don't really see the point of offering only a single algorithm to mine on CPUs when the premise of my software is to switch algorithms.  I've spent quite a bit of effort trying to make CPU mining as frustration-free as possible, but I have to prioritize my development time so that it benefits the greatest number of users. Unfortunately, CPU mining threatens the quality of my software to a level that I find to be unacceptable, leaving me no choice but to remove that functionality.  Thanks again for all your feedback and trying out the software.
pizzaslut

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:15:07 PM

Understandable, will you at some point bring it back?
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 05:12:36 PM

Understandable, will you at some point bring it back?

If CPU mining starts becoming profitable again and the stability of the CPU miners improves, I may consider it. In the meantime, the focus of my development work will be on GPU mining.
pizzaslut

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:56:41 PM

Thank you. Does 1.4.2 still have cpu mining? I may just stick with whichever is the latest version for cpu mining as I've found a few coins and hopefully the stats are accurate($1.05), which I think might be.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: