Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:45:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs  (Read 8748 times)
pizzaslut

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:41:17 PM

I just noticed on 1.5 that C11 on Zergpool crashes and that qubit(even after benching) still off. This on gpu for both. Will have to try 1.6 later.
HashAuger (OP)

Activity: 481

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 04:11:40 PM

HA - are there plans to add in the ability for the user to select more than one version of cc-miner? For example, there are a few different x16r ones out there (e.g. enemyminer 1.03) that work. Some also algorithms see improvemnts with KlausT or Alexis, for example.   Having just 3 miner choices (tpruvot, dstm, and ethhash or whatever) seems a bit limiting.  Would it create more problems than it solves to allow for different miner software?

I went with Klaust's variant of CCMiner as it is still being actively maintained and it is a bit faster with some algorithms such as Skein and Neoscrypt. Also, I decided upon Nevermore miner instead of EnemyMiner because there is no longer an official repository for EnermyMiner. That  makes me wonder about that software's future and the integrity of some of the copies of EnemyMiner floating around.  The developer of Nevermore is pretty active when it comes to improving his product and that miner is a bit faster at mining RavenCoin than CCMiner 2.2.5.   I also added an Xevan miner even though it has not been updated in a while since some coins that use that algorithm are still profitable and the miner seems pretty stable despite its age. I'm hoping that the upcoming Monero fork will help make Cryptonight mining profitable again, which is why I added XMRig.

Stability issues are still my primary concern when it comes to evaluating which miners to add. For instance, I looked into HSRMiner for Neoscrypt, but a lot of users say that after a few hours it is no faster than Klaust and there are quite a few stability complaints. Similarly, I have held off on including the latest release of Ethminer because its release candidates have broken a lot of basic things at one time or another according to the Github issues list.  Of course, I'll continue to watch the development of all these miners and update Hash Auger accordingly.

There is still a bit of tweaking potential in the current versions of these miners to improve both their performance and stability. Obviously over-clocking is part of that, but the CCminer-variants also support adjustable intensity levels for each algorithm. The miner developer assigns a default intensity to each one based on their own testing.  Yet the default intensity level is not hardware-dependent; too high of an intensity level can cause stability issues and too low of a level can reduce performance. Version 1.6 of Hash Auger allows users to define custom intensity levels to help address both issues, but I am looking at ways to automate to process of selecting the best intensity level per device for a future release.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 06:29:41 PM

I just noticed on 1.5 that C11 on Zergpool crashes and that qubit(even after benching) still off. This on gpu for both. Will have to try 1.6 later.

Your issue with qubit should be fixed in 1.6. That was the first update that I released after you posted about the issue. As I mentioned previously, it was a display issue that only occurred when you manually selected the coin and not something that affected the algorithm switcher.

I've been running C11 on Zergpool with a both a 1070 ti (overclocked at +225 GPU, +400 Memory) and a 1080 running at stock speeds for at least 15 minutes now and haven't experienced a single crash.  If you look at the Miners tab, do you see any error messages from the Klaust miner itself?  Hash Auger will restart miners based on both hard crashes and if the miner has stopped communicating with the pool after a few minutes. According to their Twitter account, Zergpool recently upgraded their servers, which may be the cause of some of your issues. If you send me a copy of the miner output, I can investigate the issue further.
pizzaslut

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:48:36 PM

The moment the miner starts the app just fully freezes and crashes with C11 on 1.5. I'll have to try 1.6 when I get home tonight, I am hopeful that will be better.

In another note for some reason with cpu mining auto switching picks the an option that isn't optimal(one that's closer 0 zero than $1). I've had to stop mining because of it. Manual isn't good either because after 1-2 hours it stops mining the more profitable coin.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 08:39:41 PM

The moment the miner starts the app just fully freezes and crashes with C11 on 1.5. I'll have to try 1.6 when I get home tonight, I am hopeful that will be better.

In another note for some reason with cpu mining auto switching picks the an option that isn't optimal(one that's closer 0 zero than $1). I've had to stop mining because of it. Manual isn't good either because after 1-2 hours it stops mining the more profitable coin.

I've been mining C11 on my development machine for nearly two hours on Zergpool and no problems so far. I also checked my other mining rigs and they have run C11 off and on the past day without any problems. Usually a full system freeze is caused when the mining software - in this case Klaust - corrupts the device driver. Version 1.5 already has the most recent version of the Klaust miner, which version of the Nvidia drivers are you using? All my machines are on 391.24 Also, if you have an overclock, you may need to dial it back for that algorithm or try a slightly lower intensity.  You may also want to try running C11 on one card at a time to see if the problem is with a specific GPU. If it is, you can just disable C11 for that particular card if you don't want to try setting a custom overclock or intensity setting for that card.

The CPU benchmarking issues that were fixed in 1.6 should allow the profit-switcher to work better with the CPU. There was an issue where the hash rate was being returned in the wrong format by the CPU mining software for certain algorithms; this made the software calculate the wrong estimated earnings for those coins.

The downside to manually selecting a coin is that you'll keep mining it regardless of its current price because the software makes no attempt to change it. That feature is mainly intended for people that want to mine a specific coin as part of a long-term investing strategy and are not concerned with its current value.
pizzaslut

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:13:36 PM

Thank you for the reply. Good know about cpu update.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 05:47:10 AM

I've included instructions on how to bypass the UAC dialog if you would like to setup Hash Auger to automatically start mining after system reboots: https://hashauger.com/faq.html
pizzaslut

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:10:41 PM

I tried to benchmark but the app told me that not all miners were d/l and if empty restart the app. I did that still the same message. Even reinstalled the app and same thing. Anyone else having issue with this app saying miner missing and then not start?
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 01:19:39 AM

I tried to benchmark but the app told me that not all miners were d/l and if empty restart the app. I did that still the same message. Even reinstalled the app and same thing. Anyone else having issue with this app saying miner missing and then not start?

Have you made the miners folder an exclusion for Windows Defender? With each new anti-virus update, Microsoft is flagging more and more miners as threats.
pizzaslut

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:34:49 PM

Yes,  I have. Still the same issue. Previous version was fine.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 04:26:23 PM

Yes,  I have. Still the same issue. Previous version was fine.

The only thing that changed with the miners is that I updated Tpruvot and added XmRig. The process for downloading/extracting miners hasn't been changed. Before releasing each new version, I manually install the software on all my rigs using the same executable that is uploaded to my website. On each machine, I try both an "upgrade" from an existing install and a new install.  Both cases worked fine when there is a Windows Defender exclusion for the Miners folder and the user has cleared any pending actions in Windows Defender. Unfortunately Windows Defender flags some of the miners as trojans and won't allow them to be extracted until the user manually selects "Allow on this machine" for each one. 

You're the first user to report any issues with installing this release. Take a look in the Miners subdirectory after the software has tried downloading them (there should be 11 folders named after each miner if you are CPU mining or 8 folders for the GPU). If all the folders are there, look inside each one to see if there are any executable files. Sometimes Windows Defender will block executable files from being extracted from archives while letting the rest of the files copy over.  Hash Auger checks for the presence of the required executable in each miner folder to see if the download/install was successful. If not, it shows the warning that you've been seeing.

Unfortunately, all these false alarms about mining software is a real pain for everyone involved; you cannot even download Claymore or Phoenix Miner in Edge anymore.
pizzaslut

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:14:53 AM

Added the exclusions to defender. It still ran into the same issue. Even uninstalled it and reinstalled it again
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:15:24 AM

thaks for   https://pool.miningmachine.io/   ,  yiimp full... THX
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 04:32:03 AM

Added the exclusions to defender. It still ran into the same issue. Even uninstalled it and reinstalled it again

Unfortunately, I still can't duplicate the issue here.  I'm setting up a fresh Windows 10 install to see if I reproduce your issue, but that will take a couple of hours. If you start Hash Auger, let it download the miners and then exit the application, can you check the contents of both the Xmrig-Nivida and Tpruvot directories within the Miners directory? Do both of those directories exist? Do they have executable files within them?
pizzaslut

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:42:50 AM

They folders exist, and have files in them. If you are asking if there is zip file in there, then no. CPUMiner folder is empty, but even when I tried to mine with cpu off, it didn't work at all. Just tried it again and the same thing.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 04:48:18 AM

They folders exist, and have files in them. If you are asking if there is zip file in there, then no.

Ok. Can you check to see if the file xmrig-nvidia.exe exists in the xmrig-nvidia-2.5.2-cuda9-win64 folder?  And that ccminer.exe is in the Tpruvot folder.  The software checks to see if those two specific files exist; if they do not, it downloads the appropriate miner zip file again.
pizzaslut

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 05:47:43 AM

Yes, both are there.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 06:02:00 AM

Yes, both are there.

Ok, thanks.  Did you change install locations when you uninstalled/reinstalled it? Also, did you use the uninstaller or just delete the folder when you removed the previous copy?
pizzaslut

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:16:28 AM

Didn't change any folder, and did a regular uninstall and made sure the folder was empty.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 06:24:09 AM

Didn't change any folder, and did a regular uninstall and made sure the folder was empty.

If you quit Hash Auger, you could try to delete the manifest.json file from the install folder and then restart the software. But that file should have been deleted when you uninstalled the application. Unfortunately, though I still replicate your issue on this fresh Windows 10 machine and downloading the software straight from my website. Windows Defender flags xmrig-nvidia as a trojan, but once I exclude the Miners folder, everything goes ahead and I can use the software just fine. Sorry, but that makes five different machines I am unable to reproduce this issue on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: