Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:26:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs  (Read 8748 times)
HashAuger (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 07:01:08 AM

Delete and reinstall and I can copy the card settings. Unfortunately, the automatic intensity is still activated at each start of the program

After a bit of testing, I found some situations where the intensity and OC settings could be assigned incorrectly. This issue will be fixed in 1.8, which should be released in a couple of days after I have finished testing it. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbeck

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:23:45 AM

I would like to thank you for your most excellent app and your attention to details.  I am finally showing some decent profits with hashauger and blaze pool.  It has been a long climb to get to where I am in understanding how all this cyrptomining works and you have helped a lot and have proven to be very trustworthy.  I look forward to every update you post as all of them increase my profit.

I also am looking forward to an advanced benchmark that also tests intensity.  I do not understand nor do I want to spend the time because I have all 1080ti's and everyone of them is different and I dont really know how to go about testing for best setting.

Now that the app and my pool of choice is running good I can work on exploring custom OC settings.  In the past every time I mess with OC settings I always come back to a rig that has locked up or has errors.  Now that I can rule out my Rig and hashauger I can focus on fine tuning. 
The other major gripe I have that I not hashauger issue is windows updates.   I hate windows updates!!!  It really pisses me off to have a great three day run only to come back to a restarted rig sitting doing nothing. And worse yet all my custom screens and desktop have been wiped.  It's like if someone comes into your office and shoves all your projects on your desk into a box and you have to keep laying out your work again.  If windows was my employee I would fire him.    For some reason I can not get hashauger to auto start.  I have followed the guide but no joy.  Maybe it is because I am running an unregistered copy of windows pro?
So three things on my list to tune for best profits are. 
1. get auto start to work.  Better yet is to force windows never to restart my machine
2. Learn how to OC my cards. Troublesome because all my 1080ti's are different.  Whats the best way to recognize if my changes are positive? 
3. Learn best settings for intensity levels.  But maybe if that gets addressed in future updates I can ignore that Wink
Fun days ahead!!
jbeck

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 11:16:03 AM

I do have a question.  When setting OC I am working with one card for now. All devices mining PHI all but one hashes at 33.56MHs avg but one device (2) is hashing at 21.23MHs. I use hashauger custom OC settings and change gpu clock 100 and mem 350 nothing happens.  I then Use afterburner and make the same gpu/mem changes and again nothing changes with hash rate. I also set mem to 600 and apply and again nothing changes.  Am I looking at wrong data?  Are all 1080ti at best settings from factory anyway or is there not much more i can tweek?
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:07:57 PM

Abusing my confidence, I would suggest two other very simple options.

1.- When you configure the Gpu0, with a button configure all the other cards the same, instead of having to go card to card and copy the option, although you can copy, in a rig of 8 cards you must choose the option to copy the GPU0 7 times, it's a bit tedious, and it's just one more button to copy the 0 card to all the others.

2.- An option to save all the configuration of Wallet, pools and especially the OC configurations. I spend a lot of time releasing each protocol, adjust the intensity and then the OC, one by one each protocol. I can take a whole day to do it. If I lose that configuration it is a waste of time. And if I have 3 equal rigs, I configure only 1, and then I save and restore that configuration in the other rigs. So everything would be much faster.

Thanks for this great software, I am using it only in a rig and when it is ready it will pass to all my machines. I like it a lot, I just need to be able to add a batch of coins and watch only those for the change.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 06:08:50 PM

I would like to thank you for your most excellent app and your attention to details.  I am finally showing some decent profits with hashauger and blaze pool.  It has been a long climb to get to where I am in understanding how all this cyrptomining works and you have helped a lot and have proven to be very trustworthy.  I look forward to every update you post as all of them increase my profit.

I also am looking forward to an advanced benchmark that also tests intensity.  I do not understand nor do I want to spend the time because I have all 1080ti's and everyone of them is different and I dont really know how to go about testing for best setting.

Now that the app and my pool of choice is running good I can work on exploring custom OC settings.  In the past every time I mess with OC settings I always come back to a rig that has locked up or has errors.  Now that I can rule out my Rig and hashauger I can focus on fine tuning. 
The other major gripe I have that I not hashauger issue is windows updates.   I hate windows updates!!!  It really pisses me off to have a great three day run only to come back to a restarted rig sitting doing nothing. And worse yet all my custom screens and desktop have been wiped.  It's like if someone comes into your office and shoves all your projects on your desk into a box and you have to keep laying out your work again.  If windows was my employee I would fire him.    For some reason I can not get hashauger to auto start.  I have followed the guide but no joy.  Maybe it is because I am running an unregistered copy of windows pro?
So three things on my list to tune for best profits are. 
1. get auto start to work.  Better yet is to force windows never to restart my machine
2. Learn how to OC my cards. Troublesome because all my 1080ti's are different.  Whats the best way to recognize if my changes are positive? 
3. Learn best settings for intensity levels.  But maybe if that gets addressed in future updates I can ignore that Wink
Fun days ahead!!

I'm glad to hear that your earnings have improved. It's always great to learn how users are benefiting from the software.  Unfortunately, Windows 10 forces restarts for upgrades regardless of which version you are using.  As you said, it is very annoying. As a third-party developer, I have no control over Windows Upgrade and cannot prevent those restarts from occurring.  After I release version 1.8 in the next day or so, I will be more than happy to help you troubleshoot the auto-restart task instructions via email.

The auto-optimization of benchmarks is a cool idea, but it might be a few upgrades out on the schedule right now. I understand that manually adjusting intensity levels is a tedious process and want to help alleviate that, but such a feature will require some time to implement and test.
kadal88

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:13:41 PM

Thank you. Will be waiting for the next update to use your app as I want to try the new cryptonight  Smiley
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 06:27:54 PM

I do have a question.  When setting OC I am working with one card for now. All devices mining PHI all but one hashes at 33.56MHs avg but one device (2) is hashing at 21.23MHs. I use hashauger custom OC settings and change gpu clock 100 and mem 350 nothing happens.  I then Use afterburner and make the same gpu/mem changes and again nothing changes with hash rate. I also set mem to 600 and apply and again nothing changes.  Am I looking at wrong data?  Are all 1080ti at best settings from factory anyway or is there not much more i can tweek?

Hash Auger uses the miner's average result hash rate instead of just the average hash rate for better pricing accuracy because it is based on only the results that the miner has generated instead of the total hash rate.  While this number is good for calculating price estimates, it not so good for benchmarking because the number is slow to reflect changes to the device settings. First, this hash rate only changes when the miner submits a result to the pool. Also, since it is an average, recent changes have only a limited effect on the average.

The 1080 tis can be tweaked somewhat, but not as much as most people would like. You're doing the right thing by benchmarking one device at a time, but the most accurate approach would be to stop mining between adjustments.  For example, mine on the device you want to tune for a couple of minutes without any OC settings to get a baseline and then stop mining.  Use the corresponding Miner tab to look at the miner's text output to write down both the average hash rate and the accepted hash rate.  Set your first device overclock, save the device and start mining again with those OC settings. After a couple minutes, stop mining and write down the second set of hash rates.  With a 1080 ti, you may want to adjust the settings in smaller increments, such as 50 mhz or even 25 mhz for the GPU clock.

Is the one device that has the significantly lower hash rate the GPU that your monitor is connected to?  If so, you may want to see if you have anything running on the desktop that may be consuming a sizeable amount of that card's processing power. Correcting that one device's low hash rate would be probably give you a bigger boost in productivity than overclocking all the other cards.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 06:46:58 PM

Abusing my confidence, I would suggest two other very simple options.

1.- When you configure the Gpu0, with a button configure all the other cards the same, instead of having to go card to card and copy the option, although you can copy, in a rig of 8 cards you must choose the option to copy the GPU0 7 times, it's a bit tedious, and it's just one more button to copy the 0 card to all the others.

The design intent behind copying device benchmarks one at a time is to accommodate users that have mixed cards (1070s, 1080s, Tis, etc) all in the same rig.  I can see the benefit of being able to copy a single device's benchmarks over to all cards in rigs that all have the same type of card as yours does.  I'm not sure if that feature will make it into 1.8, but if not, I will try to include it in 1.8.1

2.- An option to save all the configuration of Wallet, pools and especially the OC configurations. I spend a lot of time releasing each protocol, adjust the intensity and then the OC, one by one each protocol. I can take a whole day to do it. If I lose that configuration it is a waste of time. And if I have 3 equal rigs, I configure only 1, and then I save and restore that configuration in the other rigs. So everything would be much faster.

Thanks for this great software, I am using it only in a rig and when it is ready it will pass to all my machines. I like it a lot, I just need to be able to add a batch of coins and watch only those for the change.

Are you referring to exporting all the configuration files so that they can be used on a different machine?  If so, you should be able to copy the config.xml files from one rig to another.  Basically copy over the config.xml and GPU0.xml to the AppData\Local\CongeriesSoftware\HashAuger directory and then start the Hash Auger software. The software will load the saved wallet and pools configuration as though you created it on that machine. Unfortunately, the device configurations are a little more complicated because the software has to keep track of which device is in each GPU slot on each machine. Considering that GPUs often have the same name in Windows, it's a bit more complicated than it should be.  It is possible to do a couple of quick edits to a device's config file so that it can be used with a device on another machine, but without knowing the  exact name of the device to be used on the new machine, the software wouldn't be able to match the exported data to the appropriate GPU.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 06:50:41 PM

Thank you. Will be waiting for the next update to use your app as I want to try the new cryptonight  Smiley

Are you referring to the new Monero fork (CryptonightV7) or the new Sumokoin fork (Cryptonight-heavy)?  Hash Auger currently supports CryptonightV7.  I will add support for Cryptonight-heavy as soon as the latest version of XMRig is out of beta.  I don't like to include beta or release-candidate versions of miners due to potential stability issues. Fortunately, the XMRig developers seems to be very active, so it shouldn't take too much longer to complete the newest version.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 06:36:45 AM

The design intent behind copying device benchmarks one at a time is to accommodate users that have mixed cards (1070s, 1080s, Tis, etc) all in the same rig.  I can see the benefit of being able to copy a single device's benchmarks over to all cards in rigs that all have the same type of card as yours does.  I'm not sure if that feature will make it into 1.8, but if not, I will try to include it in 1.8.1

I'm planning to include the ability to copy a device's settings to all other devices in 1.8.1.  I prioritize bug fixes over new features and I needed to bump a few new features to ensure that I had enough time to test everything included in 1.8. It is my intention to release 1.8.1 in the middle of the week unless I need to release a hotfix sooner than that.  Thanks for your patience and feedback.
jbeck

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:36:08 PM

Upped to 1.8.   When running I get no output from the miners tabs    ****This device is currently enabled and ready for mining. ****  output screen is reporting that all miners are working as well as all ccminer screens.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 02:08:14 PM

Upped to 1.8.   When running I get no output from the miners tabs    ****This device is currently enabled and ready for mining. ****  output screen is reporting that all miners are working as well as all ccminer screens.

You mentioned CCMiner screens, did the mining panels say "Mining Stats Unavailable"? If so, then that miner is most likely Klaust. Unfortunately, that miner does not let the software access its text output in real-time, which is why the CC miner windows are displayed instead. Once the software stops mining that algorithm, the miner's log is then copied to the Miner output tab so you have a record of it. You may not have not noticed that behavior before because it is most apparent when Klaust is the first miner that is used after you start the software.
trucobit

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:56:35 PM

Are you referring to the new Monero fork (CryptonightV7) or the new Sumokoin fork (Cryptonight-heavy)?  Hash Auger currently supports CryptonightV7.  I will add support for Cryptonight-heavy as soon as the latest version of XMRig is out of beta.  I don't like to include beta or release-candidate versions of miners due to potential stability issues. Fortunately, the XMRig developers seems to be very active, so it shouldn't take too much longer to complete the newest version.
If you can copy some simple files, why not put an export option? It will always be easier for me to export and save all the configuration in a zip file and use that zip to restore.

The more difficult and time consuming the program causes, the less people will use it. You win from the Dev Fee, make it easier.

I can understand that although two platforms are the same, with different 1080T, the restored data of OC of the first equipment can give some problem. I can understand that, but it will always be easier to import everything and then solve a couple of intensities or OC so that it is ready and working. It would save so much time, if it could be exported and imported from a simple zip, and even if some configuration failed on a card, the adjustment would take a little time. I also understand that in a new rig that I restore a configuration, we must do the benchmark again, but at least the configurations of OC and others, will be done.

One of the advantages of using a program of this type is to simplify the steps to save time. I can devote time to the configurations, but I can not configure and reconfigure in each new version, so I do not use it in all the platforms, only in one of the four. It's money that you do not raise, I do not care about the development rate, but the product has to improve in ease of use, and in being able to save and restore configurations to avoid wallets, swimming pools, etc.

At this moment I do not know whether to wait for more updates or buy the Awersome license ... the important thing is the usability / profitability

Thanks for your attention.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 05:20:00 PM

If you can copy some simple files, why not put an export option? It will always be easier for me to export and save all the configuration in a zip file and use that zip to restore.

The more difficult and time consuming the program causes, the less people will use it. You win from the Dev Fee, make it easier.

I can understand that although two platforms are the same, with different 1080T, the restored data of OC of the first equipment can give some problem. I can understand that, but it will always be easier to import everything and then solve a couple of intensities or OC so that it is ready and working. It would save so much time, if it could be exported and imported from a simple zip, and even if some configuration failed on a card, the adjustment would take a little time. I also understand that in a new rig that I restore a configuration, we must do the benchmark again, but at least the configurations of OC and others, will be done.

One of the advantages of using a program of this type is to simplify the steps to save time. I can devote time to the configurations, but I can not configure and reconfigure in each new version, so I do not use it in all the platforms, only in one of the four. It's money that you do not raise, I do not care about the development rate, but the product has to improve in ease of use, and in being able to save and restore configurations to avoid wallets, swimming pools, etc.

At this moment I do not know whether to wait for more updates or buy the Awersome license ... the important thing is the usability / profitability

Thanks for your attention.

I understand how your suggestion would benefit users such as yourself. However, the device configuration settings are not as simple to copy and move as one would prefer due to how Windows and the Nvidia device driver manages cards. The Nvidia driver does not always list cards in the PCI slot order, which requires the software to do some work behind the scenes to make sure all the settings are aligned to the proper GPU.  This is complicated by the fact that there isn't consistent naming rules for graphics cards and the name, type and order of cards in one system may not be the same in the second system as the first. Consequently, moving a device configuration from one machine to another requires some input from the user to match configuration data to devices. Even if you use the same model of card in all your rigs, as a developer, I would need to ensure that the functionality is robust enough to also accommodate users that do not.

As I mentioned previously, the single configuration file that stores pool, wallet and other software settings can be easily moved between systems as the information is not device specific.  Users can just overwrite the existing file and the software will use the new configuration upon startup. Users can also do the same thing for the device configuration files, but they need to manually modify the device names in the configuration files to reflect the device order in the second system.  

I agree that providing an easy-to-use, yet flexible user interface is essential to helping miners get the most productivity from their rigs. However, there is a important distinction between managing a single system and managing multiple systems. Compared to other products, Hash Auger allows users to do some fairly advanced modifications without having to directly modify config files. However, scaling that functionality so that it works across multiple machines requires a significant investment in development time and resources.  My target user has always been users with a single system, so my development work is focused on enhancing the mining experience from that vantage point. As a sole developer with a day job and a family, I hope you can understand that I have to prioritize my limited development time to make improvements that will benefit the majority of the users, most of which only have one or two mining rigs. I also believe that no single software product can accommodate the needs of every potential user; products that try to do so usually end up being less reliable and overly complicated.

I sincerely appreciate your insightful feedback and willingness to try my software. I also respect your decision if you feel that another product may be better suited to your needs as a miner with several rigs.
trucobit

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:53:29 PM

I understand your position and the complication. I know it can cause some conflict, but it is always quicker to copy a configuration from one rig to another and then review the errors, than try to configure ALL from 0.

I am supporting myself in the case that would be easier if they have the same cards.

In any case, being able to save and save the configuration of 1 rig and be able to save it is already an advance.

Now there is a new version. Before updating, I can save the settings and in case it is deleted, I can recover it from the copy.

I can not be doing optimizations every few days in the same rigs. That's why I only use it in 1 for now and at times.

Thanks for the new improvements when it comes to copying the settings between devices and the power to mine loose coins in Zergpool, I think it's wonderful.
trucobit

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:23:00 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 08:33:51 PM by trucobit

https://image.ibb.co/f8Gswn/Captura_de_pantalla_2018_04_16_a_las_22_15_25.png
I still have this fault. I uncheck self intensity and saved it. I close the program and restart it again, and Auto Current selected again.

I hope you now understand the problem. As I configure the intensity for each protocol, I do not use the auto intensity at all. As soon as I start the program, I have to deactivate that option for each card.

please see the video and there will be no translation problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fljm9heaw7ql3jk/WhatsApp%20Video%202018-04-16%20at%2022.28.12.mp4?dl=0

HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 08:44:38 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 09:29:10 PM by HashAuger

https://image.ibb.co/f8Gswn/Captura_de_pantalla_2018_04_16_a_las_22_15_25.png
I still have this fault. I uncheck self intensity and saved it. I close the program and restart it again, and Auto Current selected again.

I hope you now understand the problem. As I configure the intensity for each protocol, I do not use the auto intensity at all. As soon as I start the program, I have to deactivate that option for each card.

I apologize that I overlooked this particular issue. The device intensity is separate from the algorithm intensities and I didn't test it when I made the recent fixes.  I will take a look at why the custom value is not being loaded correctly from saved data.

EDIT: I just tested the software and compared it with your screen image. 0 is the level for the auto intensity setting. If you do not change the value from 0, the software will re-select the Auto Intensity setting because another value wasn't given.  However, yf you change the intensity value to anything other than zero, the Auto Intensity box will stay unchecked.  For example, if I set the intensity slider to 80 instead of zero and then save the device, the correct value loads when I restart the software. I should change the word Intensity to Utilization on the devices to better indicate how this setting is used by the software. END EDIT

I should mention that the device intensity works a little differently than the overclock settings.  You can leave the device intensity as auto and the software will still use the custom intensity levels that you set for each algorithm.  If you don't enter a custom intensity level for an algorithm, the software will use the miner's default intensity level for that algorithm instead. For example, I leave my device intensity settings to Auto, but then assign custom intensities to x16r, Raven and some other algorithms.

The device intensity is really intended for users who don't want a particular device to run at full utilization while mining. For example, someone who uses their computer while mining may want a lower intensity on their primary graphics card to improve display performance.  If you are using a device for mining only, it is probably best to leave the device setting to auto and then adjust specific algorithms for better performance. However, I do need to fix the issue with the custom value not saving correctly regardless.  Thanks.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 09:01:11 PM

I understand your position and the complication. I know it can cause some conflict, but it is always quicker to copy a configuration from one rig to another and then review the errors, than try to configure ALL from 0.

I am supporting myself in the case that would be easier if they have the same cards.

In any case, being able to save and save the configuration of 1 rig and be able to save it is already an advance.

Now there is a new version. Before updating, I can save the settings and in case it is deleted, I can recover it from the copy.

I can not be doing optimizations every few days in the same rigs. That's why I only use it in 1 for now and at times.

Thanks for the new improvements when it comes to copying the settings between devices and the power to mine loose coins in Zergpool, I think it's wonderful.

You can always backup the .xml files that are in the AppData\Local\CongeriesSoftware\HashAuger before an upgrade.  I do test the upgrades to make sure that they don't replace or delete the config files before I release them.  I never understood why some other software products make you re-benchmark everything every time they release an upgrade.  One of Hash Auger's features is that the configuration files and device benchmarks persist between updates, so most upgrades should only take a couple minutes to download and install and shouldn't require any config changes unless there is a new feature you want to try. However, I cannot rule out some random event that corrupts a data file, so it is a good idea to occasionally backup the .xml files.

Thank you for understanding my position about the data export suggestion.  I recognize that some users would benefit from being able to export configuration files to other machines. I am not opposed to implementing such a feature in the future. However, it will require more time to implement than just simply creating an archive file due to the device assignment issues. In the meantime, I am still planning to implement functionality to copy a single device's settings to all other devices on the same machine. Once that feature is in place, it would reduce the amount of time needed to setup additional systems.
jbeck

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:10:27 PM

Can you please help me understand how to decipher what coin is more profitable than any other?  I hope my question is clear.   I read comments where it is discussed that one coin or another is more profitable at a given moment.  What is the indicator or information that tells me this?   I feel that what I am asking will be obvious once explained so I apologize in advance if I should know this. 1.8 adds use mine coin parameter and unless I know what coin I am going after it is of little use.
I read the FAQ and my eyes glossed over about halfway through.  you have done an outstanding job in the past explaining  in detail all of my questions.  Thank you.
Zirillian

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:07:35 AM

Can you please help me understand how to decipher what coin is more profitable than any other?  I hope my question is clear.   I read comments where it is discussed that one coin or another is more profitable at a given moment.  What is the indicator or information that tells me this?   I feel that what I am asking will be obvious once explained so I apologize in advance if I should know this. 1.8 adds use mine coin parameter and unless I know what coin I am going after it is of little use.
I read the FAQ and my eyes glossed over about halfway through.  you have done an outstanding job in the past explaining  in detail all of my questions.  Thank you.

Probably best to just pick a pool that autoexchanges to BTC (Blazepool is my suggestion) and let that run for a while until you get the hang of this, vs. worrying about mining individual coins per the 1.8 update. All it does is allow you to mine individual coins (e.g. RVN) on autoexchange pools like Zergpool...but you can already do this on other pools (e.g. Pickaxe, BSOD), so that functionality was already there.  More trouble than it is typically worth as you then have to set up a wallet to mine that individual coin to, then transfer it to an exchange to sell it, etc.  If you're just learning, just do an autoswitch pool and let it run.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: