Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:52:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs  (Read 8748 times)
jbeck

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:19:00 PM

recalc miners?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HashAuger (OP)

Activity: 481

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 09:14:45 PM

recalc miners?

Each algorithm on each device has a preferred miner that is determined by the miner's benchmarks, actual performance and any developer fee. There is an advanced application setting that can automatically adjust the preferred miners based on mining performance. This new button allows users to manually tell the software to perform those calculations again if they have been trying different overclocks/intensity settings or if they loaded an older device template that may not have benchmark hash rates for the newest miners.
pizzaslut

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:14:43 AM

In the profitability section can you put cpu and each gpu in separate tabs or really just have a way to filter based on which gpu or cpu we might want to see?
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 05:31:36 AM

In the profitability section can you put cpu and each gpu in separate tabs or really just have a way to filter based on which gpu or cpu we might want to see?

I'll look into adding some filtering options to the Profitability grid in a future release.  Thanks for your feedback.
pizzaslut

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:37:15 AM

Thank you.
Blizzer3

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:44:15 AM

https://imgur.com/a/z4RTD67
Something is very wrong with this.
I assumed for to long that these values where correct...
They are very wrong lol, i dont even make a $ a day.
Also awesomeminer also says i make 0.04$ a day with blockmasters with my hashrate...
What could have caused this? the hashrates are correct so im confused.
Something wrong with your app?

HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 03:16:40 PM

https://imgur.com/a/z4RTD67
Something is very wrong with this.
I assumed for to long that these values where correct...
They are very wrong lol, i dont even make a $ a day.
Also awesomeminer also says i make 0.04$ a day with blockmasters with my hashrate...
What could have caused this? the hashrates are correct so im confused.
Something wrong with your app?

https://imgur.com/a/76E78Mr

Thanks for letting me know about the issue, but the problem is with the pool providing inaccurate price estimates for x11.  As you can see in my image, the price of one x11 coin (Xarucoin) has an inaccurate price of over $10. Tribus also has very volatile prices, causing its price to jump several dollars for short periods of time. Unfortunately sudden changes in a coin's value, difficulty, hash rate and other factors can cause pools to exaggerate estimates for some coins.  It happens occasionally on nearly every pool and nearly every algorithm-switching application has to deal with data issues somehow.  

I'm using the Price Spike Limit feature to block out coins whose prices are not realistic so the software won't mine them.  On other pools, Hash Auger estimates the value of x11 to be $0.01 for a GPU that is benchmarked at 16 mh/s, so I am not surprised that you wouldn't make much mining any x11 coin. That is why x11 is disabled by default.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 04:21:22 PM

Announcing a new Discord server for Hash Auger. Please use the following invitation link: https://discord.gg/HUr8z8t
DirkGroenewald

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:31:12 PM

What is a reasonable setting for a spike limit? I found that the most of the day the profitability is higher than $3.00 a day per card, but most of the time the profit per day per card is about $1.00 per day. I do not under stand it.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 03:12:36 PM

What is a reasonable setting for a spike limit? I found that the most of the day the profitability is higher than $3.00 a day per card, but most of the time the profit per day per card is about $1.00 per day. I do not under stand it.

Personally, I use a Price Spike Limit that is around 150% of the average estimated earnings per card.  Using your example, I would set a limit of $4.50 for a GPU that averages $3.00.  That amount provides some room when values rise, but avoids work that is going to draw a lot of attention from other miners and is most likely based on an inaccurate data.

I really think that the x11 price issues on BlockMasters have hurt your earnings.  Since x11 is heavily mined by ASICs, it is almost never profitable to mine on GPUs anymore.  I have kept x11 disabled on my rigs and I have made more than $1 a GPU in the last eight hours on that one pool plus earnings on a couple other pools.  If you have already upgraded to 1.8.8 of Hash Auger, you may want to enable the MC Parameter for BlockMasters.  I have found that individual coin prices are better on that pool than the traditional auto-switch ports.  The only issue is that the C11-based coin ChainCoin has some issues on that pool, so you would want to disable the C11 algorithm on BlockMasters. 

A couple other tips to possibly help your earnings would be to try a slightly longer switch interval by increasing the Pool Refresh Rate to 15 minutes and to set the Min Price Switch % to at least 12%.  These settings can help you build larger shares in new coins and help offset the cost of switching work too frequently.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 04:45:38 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 05:49:34 AM by HashAuger

I've been watching my rigs on this pool throughout the day and one thing that I noticed is that the pool gets an inconsistent amount of work for some algorithms. For example, right now there are 0 workers mining Phi.  Obviously, that is going to delay some earnings because the pool won't be finding any blocks (or paying out the corresponding rewards) until people start mining that algorithm again.  I'm going to make some adjustments to the software in version 1.9 that will help prevent mining an algorithm when there is an insufficient number of other miners also mining it.
DirkGroenewald

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:54:15 AM

Thanks for a good program!!!!
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 05:46:33 PM

Thanks for a good program!!!!

Thank you for your continued use of the software and your feedback about your experiences with that pool.  With so many pools, it can be a challenge to optimize the software for each one without user feedback such as your own.
Blizzer3

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:28:05 PM

Personally, I use a Price Spike Limit that is around 150% of the average estimated earnings per card.  Using your example, I would set a limit of $4.50 for a GPU that averages $3.00.  That amount provides some room when values rise, but avoids work that is going to draw a lot of attention from other miners and is most likely based on an inaccurate data.

I really think that the x11 price issues on BlockMasters have hurt your earnings.  Since x11 is heavily mined by ASICs, it is almost never profitable to mine on GPUs anymore.  I have kept x11 disabled on my rigs and I have made more than $1 a GPU in the last eight hours on that one pool plus earnings on a couple other pools.  If you have already upgraded to 1.8.8 of Hash Auger, you may want to enable the MC Parameter for BlockMasters.  I have found that individual coin prices are better on that pool than the traditional auto-switch ports.  The only issue is that the C11-based coin ChainCoin has some issues on that pool, so you would want to disable the C11 algorithm on BlockMasters. 

A couple other tips to possibly help your earnings would be to try a slightly longer switch interval by increasing the Pool Refresh Rate to 15 minutes and to set the Min Price Switch % to at least 12%.  These settings can help you build larger shares in new coins and help offset the cost of switching work too frequently.
Hm ok i disabled X11 for now.
If i look now i see lyra2z suppose to give me around 3$ a day with blockmasters
If i look at Aweseome miner they say 1.42$ a day, almost exact same hashrates.
Hard to see which one to trust atm Tongue
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 08:49:11 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 09:41:03 PM by HashAuger

Personally, I use a Price Spike Limit that is around 150% of the average estimated earnings per card.  Using your example, I would set a limit of $4.50 for a GPU that averages $3.00.  That amount provides some room when values rise, but avoids work that is going to draw a lot of attention from other miners and is most likely based on an inaccurate data.

I really think that the x11 price issues on BlockMasters have hurt your earnings.  Since x11 is heavily mined by ASICs, it is almost never profitable to mine on GPUs anymore.  I have kept x11 disabled on my rigs and I have made more than $1 a GPU in the last eight hours on that one pool plus earnings on a couple other pools.  If you have already upgraded to 1.8.8 of Hash Auger, you may want to enable the MC Parameter for BlockMasters.  I have found that individual coin prices are better on that pool than the traditional auto-switch ports.  The only issue is that the C11-based coin ChainCoin has some issues on that pool, so you would want to disable the C11 algorithm on BlockMasters.  

A couple other tips to possibly help your earnings would be to try a slightly longer switch interval by increasing the Pool Refresh Rate to 15 minutes and to set the Min Price Switch % to at least 12%.  These settings can help you build larger shares in new coins and help offset the cost of switching work too frequently.

I'm not sure what source AwesomeMiner uses, but Hash Auger gets basic pricing information from the pool and then uses that information along with its own performance factors in its calculations. Some other software may use WhatToMine or an equivalent in its own calculations.  There are trade-offs to both approaches.  The price estimates provided by BlockMasters do seem to be on the high side and the inconsistent hash rates on some of their algorithm ports can hurt the timeliness of payouts, which makes it difficult to evaluate their accuracy.  On the pricing tab for BlockMasters, you can enable the Use Actual Prices Instead of Estimates setting to use the pool's historical performance instead of its current estimates.  Once the pool rates refresh (or you restart the application), you should find the prices to be a lot more in line with current expectations.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 06:20:45 PM

I've been using the Actual Prices option for this pool for the last day and the estimates seem more in line with those of other pools.  The only coin that seems to have an above-average price on this pool with this setting turned on is PigeonCoin, but the pool found a ton of that coin in the last 24 hours which means the actual prices for that coin are most likely above-average.  Between enabling this setting on this pool and the new filtering of inactive ports in Hash Auger 1.8.9, you should see some improvements in your performance on this pool.

This pool has a lot of potential, but its current level of mining activity may not suit everyone's preferences.  Some miners prefer pools with more activity so they can accumulate payouts faster. I'm not that impatient, so I don't mind being one of a few miners working on finding a new coin. For example, I have a few cards mining PigeonCoin on this pool.  It has taken hours, but I have earned some pretty impressive shares in new coins by being one of a handful of miners. That's why I hesitate to give advice about specific pools because not everyone uses the same mining strategy.

Regardless, keep me updated on your experience with this pool and the software.
DirkGroenewald

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:18:38 PM

Can you advise me what to do?

I disable all mining pools except Block masters. In block master I disable all Algorithms with less than 80 miners to make sure I do get some shares. Some Algorithms got more than 300 miners on it. Is it good to keep it or must I also decrease that number of miners to be between let say 80 to 100 miners on an Algorithm? That will make sure I do get shares with a reasonable value.

I have 4 x 1070 graphics cards on Hash Auger. At this moment I battle to get more than $4.00 per day on all 4 cards. It mines at this moment at $1.50 per card for the most of the day.

Do you have any suggestions?

I download the new 1.8.9 Hash Auger. Price Switch is 12% and pool refresh is 12%. Auto Switch ports is on, Actual prices is on, Use mine coin is on. Price Spike is $4.00 Minimum Earnings is set to $0.00
Clock offset 100, Memory clock 720, Power limit 70, temp limit 70degC
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 03:52:22 PM

Can you advise me what to do?

I disable all mining pools except Block masters. In block master I disable all Algorithms with less than 80 miners to make sure I do get some shares. Some Algorithms got more than 300 miners on it. Is it good to keep it or must I also decrease that number of miners to be between let say 80 to 100 miners on an Algorithm? That will make sure I do get shares with a reasonable value.

I have 4 x 1070 graphics cards on Hash Auger. At this moment I battle to get more than $4.00 per day on all 4 cards. It mines at this moment at $1.50 per card for the most of the day.

Do you have any suggestions?

I download the new 1.8.9 Hash Auger. Price Switch is 12% and pool refresh is 12%. Auto Switch ports is on, Actual prices is on, Use mine coin is on. Price Spike is $4.00 Minimum Earnings is set to $0.00
Clock offset 100, Memory clock 720, Power limit 70, temp limit 70degC

You may want to try turning on the Use MC Parameter and turning off the Include Auto-Switch Ports settings on the pool’s pricing tab. I have found that the individual coins often have more accurate prices than the auto-switch ports on this pool. An auto-switch port usually has multiple coins assigned to it, so any pricing information for that kind of port will be based on all the coins. With the MC parameter, the pricing information should be specific to each coin.

Next, I have had good results mining ports with fewer than 80 to 100 miners.  For example, I was mining PigeonCoin on this pool when there was only 10 other workers. You will actually get a higher percentage of shares when there are fewer workers - but it will take longer to find the next block and receive your reward. The software ignores ports with zero miners just because it takes a long time for one miner to find a new block. Also, since the number of workers often changes throughout the day, you would have to keep manually changing which algorithms are enabled and disabled.  Due to some issues with ChainCoin, C11 is the only algorithm I have disabled for this pool.

Finally, you may also want to enable one more pool in addition to BlockMasters just because BlockMasters sometimes has connection issues as described on their board on this website. Hopefully these are just temporary issues caused by their growth, but in the meantime those kinds of errors can reduce your mining productivity as the software tries to establish a connection and then moves on to a different algorithm.
DirkGroenewald

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:25:38 AM

Thanks for the information it helps a lot.

I increased the price spike from $4.00 to $5.00. I use Blaze Pool and Block Masters. It switch directly to Blaze pool and mine on x16r algorithm for the last 24hours and my income was $2.25 per card the best for the last couple of days.
jmayniac

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:45:40 PM

I just started using the program, but it looks pretty good.  Are there any essential things that need to be done to maximize profit?  I've got Nichash, Blazepool, Zpool, MPH, and Ahashpools enabled.  I haven't changed any of the algorithms for any pools, should I?  Any that need to be disabled because of ASICs?  I did set a price spike limit on my cards (a mix of 1060s, 1070s and 1080s).  I do slight overclocking via Afterburner.  Is there anything else I should be looking at.

Also, it seems like all the cards, 1060s, 1070s and 1080s almost always mine the same algorithm on the same pool.  I guess this is ok, but it doesn't seem to vary much.  Also, the price estimates seems VERY high for each card.  LIke an average of $3.50 per 1080, $2.80 for a 1070 and about $1.80 for a 1060.  This doesn't seem attainable, but I'll let it run for a bit and see what I get.

Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: