Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:06:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs  (Read 8748 times)
HashAuger (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 03:29:05 PM

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but on a rig with 2x1060, 2x1070, and 2x1080 cards, I'm only making about 0.00092728 BTC/day.  This is about 0.0004 BTC lower than what I was making just mining Ravencoin.  I'm currently on Blazepool, but I've tried Zergpool as well and have gotten similar results.  My rig is pretty small, so it takes days to build up enough BTC to cash out.

I'd really like to figure out if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is just the best I'll get doing algorithm switching (most likely).  If that's the case, I'm probably better off just going back to mining one coin.

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that you are disappointed in your results. Many users have seen significant increases in their earnings on Blaze and other auto-exchange pools with the Build Larger Shares feature enabled. For me personally, it has decreased my payout time on Blaze by a day. Unfortunately, though, mining individual coins is often more profitable than auto-exchanging because the miner is in control of more factors, such as when and where the coins are sold.  Auto-exchange pools are under pressure to make quick payouts, so the mined coins are not always exchanged to BTC/LTC at the optimal prices.  This especially true when the price of BTC drops significantly and the final value of the coin is less than what its estimated value had been during mining. When you are not auto-exchanging, you have the flexibility to hold on to the coins until the exchange rate is higher and pick an exchange that may have better rates.

That is why I invest a bit of development time in including pools that do not auto-exchange such as Icemining.ca and Quantum Mining Pool in Hash Auger even though most users prefer the convenience of auto-exchanging.  Including support for the dedicated coin ports that more and more of these pools are using took some time as the feature is not currently supported by the Yiimp API.  Yet, this provided Hash Auger users with greater flexibility.  If you just wanted to mine just Raven, you could create a new wallet in HA with your Raven wallet address and then enable a few pools that mine Raven and do not auto-exchange.  The software  will then compare prices and switch Raven mining to whichever pool has the best estimate.  Similarly, if you wanted to mine Raven and a few other specific coins without auto-exchanging, the software can switch among just those coins whether they are on the same pool or different pools.  I've spent a lot of development time trying to make mining individual coins as seamless as auto-exchanging.

In fact, you can even mix the two types of mining in Hash Auger.  For example, add a Raven wallet and enable a couple of pools that do not auto-exchange and then keep Blaze or another auto-exchange pool enabled. The software will switch among the work based on current estimates.  However, given the volatility of Raven prices on some auto-exchange pools, you may want to disable x16r on the auto-exchange pool if you try this approach.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jmayniac

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:43:03 PM

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that you are disappointed in your results. Many users have seen significant increases in their earnings on Blaze and other auto-exchange pools with the Build Larger Shares feature enabled. For me personally, it has decreased my payout time on Blaze by a day.

I did a test of it enabled and disabled and it didn't really make much of a difference.  I do currently have it enabled though.

That is why I invest a bit of development time in including pools that do not auto-exchange such as Icemining.ca and Quantum Mining Pool in Hash Auger even though most users prefer the convenience of auto-exchanging.  Including support for the dedicated coin ports that more and more of these pools are using took some time as the feature is not currently supported by the Yiimp API.  Yet, this provided Hash Auger users with greater flexibility.  If you just wanted to mine just Raven, you could create a new wallet in HA with your Raven wallet address and then enable a few pools that mine Raven and do not auto-exchange.  The software  will then compare prices and switch Raven mining to whichever pool has the best estimate.  Similarly, if you wanted to mine Raven and a few other specific coins without auto-exchanging, the software can switch among just those coins whether they are on the same pool or different pools.  I've spent a lot of development time trying to make mining individual coins as seamless as auto-exchanging.

I'm not really interested in keeping a lot of alt-coins laying or spending time exchanging them manually.  I have a small portfolio of coins that I HODL and Ravencoin is one of them.  I was using HiveOS (Linux-based) before, nothing against your software, I would probably go back to that to avoid any extra developer fees.  Hashrate in Linux was also a little better than Windows using Nevermore.

In fact, you can even mix the two types of mining in Hash Auger.  For example, add a Raven wallet and enable a couple of pools that do not auto-exchange and then keep Blaze or another auto-exchange pool enabled. The software will switch among the work based on current estimates.  However, given the volatility of Raven prices on some auto-exchange pools, you may want to disable x16r on the auto-exchange pool if you try this approach.

This approach would spread my rig out too thin.  I find that if I'm not using the entire rig to mine on one pool only, then my profits really take a dive and it takes too much time to get paid out.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 05:39:13 PM

I did a test of it enabled and disabled and it didn't really make much of a difference.  I do currently have it enabled though.

The Build Larger Shares feature helps best with algorithms that have higher mining volume, so it may not have as large of an effect if your rig is not mining those algorithms frequently.  Some users have also reported increased earnings on Blazepool by disabling some algorithms, such as hmq1725, skein, tribus and c11,  that frequently have big fluctuations in both price and mining volume. Alternatively, you can define price adjustments to create a switching priority for certain algorithms over others. For example, I have one user who prefers to mine Lyra2v2 and Raven, so he added a price adjustment of 10% for just those two algorithms on the pools he mines. The software will still switch to other algorithms, but only if their prices are significantly higher than his preferences.

You've mentioned before that you prefer to keep the miner settings on the defaults, but a few of the users on my Discord channel have also increased their earnings by following Z-enemy's intensity and difficulty setting recommendations for all the algorithms that that miner supports.

I'm not really interested in keeping a lot of alt-coins laying or spending time exchanging them manually.  I have a small portfolio of coins that I HODL and Ravencoin is one of them.  I was using HiveOS (Linux-based) before, nothing against your software, I would probably go back to that to avoid any extra developer fees.  Hashrate in Linux was also a little better than Windows using Nevermore.

As I've mentioned before, I appreciate the fact that you tried the software and have given me the opportunity to respond to your concerns.  I encourage users to try other products to see which solution works the best for their specific rig and mining strategy.  If you feel that HiveOS or something else works better for you, I can respect that. Aside from keeping the mining software up-to-date and providing users with the ability to easily tune a wide variety of performance parameters on per algorithm/card basis, there is only so much I can do as a Windows developer to work around the constraints of the operating system and device drivers.

This approach would spread my rig out too thin.  I find that if I'm not using the entire rig to mine on one pool only, then my profits really take a dive and it takes too much time to get paid out.

I was just mentioning it as a possibility.  My point was only that the software does not have to be used for auto-exchange.  Some users don't mind a slower payout if it means higher earnings over time. Others prefer fast, steady payouts.  I try to support both types, but different strategies require some trial and error to dial-in the optimal settings.
preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:47:40 AM

But....

I'm mining with 6 cards... Benchmark does with 6 separate instances! This is not good. And when start mining it open 6 instances too why not all together??
DirkGroenewald

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:41:25 PM

I was mining for 24Hours 1 June to 2 June with 4 x 1070 graphics cards.
This is the results.

Alg                       Pool                shares
lyra2v2                ah                 303
hsr                       ahashpool          174
zpool                        bitcor                 139
x16r                       blazepool        4385
phi                       blockmaster        1767
lyra2v2                hash                 3662
skein                     miningpoolhub      2014
lyra2v2               miningpoolhub   2049
c11                         zergpool           563
x16r                         zergpool          36755
x16r                     zpool                  25607

The total income for the day was  1.52 USD.
Can that be right?
I nominally average 5.00 to 5.50 USD per day.

ravenj

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:05:35 PM

Hello,

I'm trying your software and I just have one doubt. I use Blazepool with Nicehash and the calculated estimates by these two pools are different (usually, blaze is a little overestimated).

With your experience what would be the best adjustment, if any, for blazepool pool price?

To start I set it to -20%. Is it too high?

Thank you
Best regards
preda

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:10:30 PM

i have to abandoned the project...

benchmark doestn work good with 6 instances opened togheter the results are all differents between cards
waiting for a reply by the dev
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 07:09:07 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 07:40:40 PM by HashAuger

But....

I'm mining with 6 cards... Benchmark does with 6 separate instances! This is not good. And when start mining it open 6 instances too why not all together??

Preda, thank you for your question.  Yes, the software creates a separate instance for each GPU instead of grouping them all together.  There are a few benefits to this. If you have different types of cards (1060s, 1070s and 1080s) in the same system, a different algorithm may be more profitable for each type of card than running the same algorithm on all cards. I have a 1070ti and a 1080 in one of my systems and there are times during the day that each card will be mining a different algorithm - for example, the 1070ti tends to mine Neoscrypt more than the 1080 just because of the differences in memory architectures.  Also, some mining software works better on certain types of cards than others.  Running each card in its own process allows the software to use the optimal miner for each type of card rather than restricting all cards to the same miner.

In addition, having a single miner process for each GPU helps to isolate errors and reduce the impact of any miner crashes.  If you run all the GPUs together in one process, all your mining work stops if that miner process crashes.  However, if you have one process per card, any error will be limited to a single card while the other cards will still be productive. Even though Hash Auger will automatically restart crashed miners, it is always more efficient to minimize the impact any crashes.  Having a dedicated miner process per card also provides users with more optimization and configuration options. For example, the developer of Z-Enemy recommends different manual difficulty levels based on the type of card being used.  Hash Auger allows you to easily set such options per card and algorithm since each card uses a separate set of parameters.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 07:30:37 PM

I was mining for 24Hours 1 June to 2 June with 4 x 1070 graphics cards.
This is the results.

Alg                       Pool                shares
lyra2v2                ah                 303
hsr                       ahashpool          174
zpool                        bitcor                 139
x16r                       blazepool        4385
phi                       blockmaster        1767
lyra2v2                hash                 3662
skein                     miningpoolhub      2014
lyra2v2               miningpoolhub   2049
c11                         zergpool           563
x16r                         zergpool          36755
x16r                     zpool                  25607

The total income for the day was  1.52 USD.
Can that be right?
I nominally average 5.00 to 5.50 USD per day.

Dirk, I am sorry to hear about the low earnings.  Even though prices have been lower this week than last, that is a disappointing number.   I know in the 24 hours there have been some really strange prices (over $15 for a 1070ti) for Lyra2v2 on some of those pools, but if you have a reasonable Price Spike Limit on your cards, then that shouldn't be a factor.  Based on your list, it looks like your cards are switching work often for the same algorithm on different pools (for example, x16r and lyra2v2 on three different pools each).  That might be diluting your shares in upcoming block rewards for those popular algorithms.  Most users mine on a smaller number of pools because they prefer faster payouts. However, if you prefer to mine on all these pools, you may want to consider disabling some algorithms for certain pools for popular algorithms such as x16r and lyra2v2.  For example, you may want to disable Lyra2v2 for MiningPoolHub because that algorithm has a very high hash rate on that pool - so your portion of any rewards will be quite small.

If you are using the Build Larger Shares feature for any pools, you may want to try turning it off on every pools since you are mining on several pools. That feature helps improve earnings by keeping your miners on algorithms with high mining work, but that may not be the best strategy when you are trying to find the best short-term opportunities on multiple pools.

Finally, since you have 1070s with fast memory, I am surprised that Equihash and Neoscrypt are not on your list of recent results.  It is quite possible that they were not the most profitable at any time in the last day, but I was wondering if you have either algorithm disabled.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 07:39:07 PM

Hello,

I'm trying your software and I just have one doubt. I use Blazepool with Nicehash and the calculated estimates by these two pools are different (usually, blaze is a little overestimated).

With your experience what would be the best adjustment, if any, for blazepool pool price?

To start I set it to -20%. Is it too high?

Thank you
Best regards

Thank you for trying the software. Based on my own experience and feedback provided by other users, -20% may be a little too high for Blaze as I have seen relatively few complaints about the accuracy of their price estimates.  However, I do have some users who prefer the consistency of NiceHash earnings to the more variable nature of earnings on any other pool (not just Blaze). They usually assign a 10 or 15% price adjustment to NiceHash.  If you are only using those two pools, then it obviously would not matter if you used -10% for Blaze or 10% for NiceHash.  However, adding the price adjustment to NiceHash instead of Blaze might be preferable if you plan to try other pools as it will keep your preference towards Nicehash regardless of which pools you enable.

newmz

Activity: 372

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:01:29 AM

Hi - I was really interested and excited to try your mining manager. I am using Windows 8.1 because I really don't like all the telemetry/tracking, etc you get with Win10. I actually inquired about a Win10 license from the Windows Store and they wanted A LOT, considering they gave it away for free for a year. I see some sites claiming to sell it for $110 but I wonder if they are scams....

Anyway - are you (OR anyone else in this thread) aware of any way/s that I may tweak or add to Win 8.1 so Hash Auger will run on it? Do I need to install Powershell for example?

Right now I have just run the installer, rebooted my machine then run the hashauger icon as admin and it just crashes straight away.

Any help or advice appreciated. I bight the bullet and buy one of the $110 Win 10 pro licenses and see if it is a scam or not, but the windows store price was more like $300. 

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 04:56:25 PM

Hi - I was really interested and excited to try your mining manager. I am using Windows 8.1 because I really don't like all the telemetry/tracking, etc you get with Win10. I actually inquired about a Win10 license from the Windows Store and they wanted A LOT, considering they gave it away for free for a year. I see some sites claiming to sell it for $110 but I wonder if they are scams....

Anyway - are you (OR anyone else in this thread) aware of any way/s that I may tweak or add to Win 8.1 so Hash Auger will run on it? Do I need to install Powershell for example?

Right now I have just run the installer, rebooted my machine then run the hashauger icon as admin and it just crashes straight away.

Any help or advice appreciated. I bight the bullet and buy one of the $110 Win 10 pro licenses and see if it is a scam or not, but the windows store price was more like $300. 

While I understand your concerns about Windows 10, I unfortunately do not have access to a Windows 8 machine to test the software on. The software does not use Powershell at all, so not having it installed should not be an issue. However, you do need to make sure the you have .Net 4.7.1 or later installed (There is a link in the the requirements section on the download page).  Other than that, you could try to set the executable’s privilege level so that it will always run as an admin in case there is a compatibility issue with User Access Control. You can do so via the executable file’s properties.   
jmayniac

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:23:00 PM

Any tips for maximizing profit?  I'm on a small rig of 2x1060, 2x1070 and 2x1080.

Mining on Blazepool.  Enabled "Build Larger shares". Added 10% to Lyra2re2 and x16r algorithms.  Disabled skein algorithm.

Set a mild overclock (just so things don't crash) on each GPU.

That's about all.

I thought about adding another pool, but I've tried that in the past, and it didn't gain me much, if anything.  I'm not in love with the pool i'm using and I'm open to trying something else.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 07:40:50 AM

Any tips for maximizing profit?  I'm on a small rig of 2x1060, 2x1070 and 2x1080.

Mining on Blazepool.  Enabled "Build Larger shares". Added 10% to Lyra2re2 and x16r algorithms.  Disabled skein algorithm.

Set a mild overclock (just so things don't crash) on each GPU.

That's about all.

I thought about adding another pool, but I've tried that in the past, and it didn't gain me much, if anything.  I'm not in love with the pool i'm using and I'm open to trying something else.

Sorry for the delayed reply on here. But thank you for joining the discussion earlier on the Discord channel.
DirkGroenewald

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:19:46 PM

Is there a reason why you cannot disable some of the Algorithms in the pools like in Ahashpool skein is on and you cannot disable it?
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 06:05:59 PM

Is there a reason why you cannot disable some of the Algorithms in the pools like in Ahashpool skein is on and you cannot disable it?

Thanks for your feedback, Dirk.  The pool's Algorithm checkboxes should be read-only when that algorithm is already disabled for every device. This is because the software will not attempt to mine that algorithm regardless of the pool setting.  I just tested this situation on one of my systems and I could disable Skein for AHashPool when Skein was still enabled on my GPUs.  As soon as I disabled that algorithm for all the GPUs, I could no longer disable it for the pool as the checkbox was readonly. If you have not disabled Skein on your GPUs, please let me know and I will take a look to see if there may be some other issue involved.

As a side note, I recognize that the pool's read-only algorithm checkboxes should be unchecked to better reflect that these algorithms are already disabled. That change will be in the next version of the software.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 09:07:00 AM

Thanks for your feedback, Dirk.  The pool's Algorithm checkboxes should be read-only when that algorithm is already disabled for every device. This is because the software will not attempt to mine that algorithm regardless of the pool setting.  I just tested this situation on one of my systems and I could disable Skein for AHashPool when Skein was still enabled on my GPUs.  As soon as I disabled that algorithm for all the GPUs, I could no longer disable it for the pool as the checkbox was readonly. If you have not disabled Skein on your GPUs, please let me know and I will take a look to see if there may be some other issue involved.

As a side note, I recognize that the pool's read-only algorithm checkboxes should be unchecked to better reflect that these algorithms are already disabled. That change will be in the next version of the software.

Algorithms that have been disabled for all devices now appear unchecked on the pool algorithm lists in version 1.9.7. 
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 06:06:45 PM

Just a friendly reminder to users of Hash Auger that are mining on HashRefinery.  On June 10th, HashRefinery is changing how price estimates are calculated for a few algorithms.  These algorithms (x11, x13, Scrypt, Quark and Qubit) are disabled by default in Hash Auger since they are not usually profitable to mine with GPUs. However, if you have any of these algorithms enabled for this pool and have not yet upgraded to Hash Auger 1.9.7, you should do so before these changes take effect.  With Hash Auger now supporting the new mbtc_factor Yiimp API, the software will respond to price factor changes such as these automatically in the future on pools that provide this API information.
preda

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:19:26 AM

Adding cryptodredge you confirmed you are the best dev and you work very good listening your miners... I'll back to use hashauger again!! Thanks!!!
preda

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:21:09 AM

Just a friendly reminder to users of Hash Auger that are mining on HashRefinery.  On June 10th, HashRefinery is changing how price estimates are calculated for a few algorithms.  These algorithms (x11, x13, Scrypt, Quark and Qubit) are disabled by default in Hash Auger since they are not usually profitable to mine with GPUs. However, if you have any of these algorithms enabled for this pool and have not yet upgraded to Hash Auger 1.9.7, you should do so before these changes take effect.  With Hash Auger now supporting the new mbtc_factor Yiimp API, the software will respond to price factor changes such as these automatically in the future on pools that provide this API information.

What is mbtc factor changes on yiimp? Can you explain me pls?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: