Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:13:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs  (Read 8755 times)
HashAuger (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 11:35:57 AM

Hash AUger 2.4.3 has been released with the following changes and improvements:

• Per Nicehash request, Hash Auger no longer attempts to download Excavator on behalf of users.  New users can manually install Excavator 1.4.4 if they would like to use that mining program with Hash Auger. Instructions are available on the FAQ page. https://hashauger.com/faq.html#Excavator
  • Upgraded Ethminer to 16
  • Upgraded CoolMiner to 1.6
  • Expanded the WatchDog utility to check for situations where Hash Auger may not be responsive but still in the process tree.
  • Modified the Quick Setup program so that new users can select the two pools that they would like to begin with and that popular features are enabled by default
  • Misc bug fixes
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 11:36:23 AM

a good software, I liked it, reokmenduyu Grin

Thanks for trying the software and your feedback!
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 05:28:24 PM

Hash Auger 2.4.4 has been released with the following changes and improvements:

• Increased the inactivity monitoring period for all mining programs to better accomodate increased difficulty for some algorithms and pools. This helps reduce unnecessary miner restarts in those situations.
  • Adjusted the maximum number of pool connection failures allowed for CryptoDredge to reflect its shorter than average retry delay.
  • T-Rex hash rates and share counts are now shown in the miner panels.
  • Improvements to GPU logging. In standard logging mode, log information is written to disk every 5 minutes for most miners. With Debug Logging, it is written to disk every minute.
  • Fixes an issue where GPU Monitoring might be started even though it has been disabled in the Config settings.
LeeMcTired

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:05:26 AM

HA, I have a few questions,
For the new updates, do we have to install the latest and then set everything up again with wallets and settings etc and then benchmark, or is there an easier way to update to the latest.
I have selected to use the eth pill, is there a way to see if it is running or which algo's its being applied to, or does it run for all of them.
Also, sometimes in the earnings, i see it raise quite suddenly over a period of a few hours, but then drop down again, but not a payout.

Like the fact that it mines the alg based upon profit.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 01:02:36 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2018, 03:34:13 AM by HashAuger

HA, I have a few questions,
For the new updates, do we have to install the latest and then set everything up again with wallets and settings etc and then benchmark, or is there an easier way to update to the latest.
I have selected to use the eth pill, is there a way to see if it is running or which algo's its being applied to, or does it run for all of them.
Also, sometimes in the earnings, i see it raise quite suddenly over a period of a few hours, but then drop down again, but not a payout.

Like the fact that it mines the alg based upon profit.

Thanks for trying the software. Unlike some other programs, the updates do not overwrite your config settings or benchmarks - just the program files. You can just install the update, restart the software and continue mining. There is a config option that can automatically re-benchmark any changed miner(s) to reflect any speed improvements if the update contains upgraded mining programs.  Otherwise, installing an update only takes a minute or two.

The EthPill is currently only used when mining Ethash. I have not seen any conclusive proof that it makes other algorithms hash faster, especially with heavily optimized miners such as Cryptodredge, T-Rex and Z-Enemy. But if you know of other algorithms and miners that run better with the EthPill, I can test them to see if it should be loaded for those too.

The Earnings charts are based on the wallet balances provided by each pool. If the option to include unsold coins in balances is enabled, the charts may show drops caused by decreases in values for coins that are on an exchange and also occasional orphan coins that are were previously credited to your wallet but then cancelled by the pool.

With altcoins and crypto being in a bear market, it is nice to have the option of switching based on profit rather than revenue to help keep costs down.
LeeMcTired

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 12:04:34 PM

Thanks for the detailed response.
I Downloaded the update from 2.4.1 to the latest, however in the error tab, it states 'Failed to extract miner package file' for 6 x miners. Cool, yes, ccminer spmodgit etc.

I have restarted the miner twice, system restart and installed the latest version again, but still the same error.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 02:44:59 PM

I Downloaded the update from 2.4.1 to the latest, however in the error tab, it states 'Failed to extract miner package file' for 6 x miners. Cool, yes, ccminer spmodgit etc.

I have restarted the miner twice, system restart and installed the latest version again, but still the same error.

Those are all miner programs archived in the .7z format.  That issue has happened to several other users and depends on the install folder and your Windows config.  Some OS configs do not give the 7Z extractor the disk permissions required to extract the miner files to some locations.  This happened to one user who was trying to run the software form a folder on the Desktop. A few other users had to move the software from the default install location in the AppData folder to a different directory  on their hard drive.

The easiest way to move the software would be to use the HA installer to install the software  in a new location of your choosing. As long as the gpu*.* and config.* file’s demain in the Hash Auger folder in the /AppData directory, it will use your current config and benchmarks.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 06:15:02 PM

Hash Auger 2.4.6 has been released with the following changes:

• Updated T-Rex to 6.10 (performance improvements and big fixes, T-Rex 6.7 - 6.9 were test releases only).
  • Updated Z-Enemy to 1.21 (performance improvements and bug fixes).
  • Realtime hash rates and stats are now shown for Klaust and Yescrypt miners.
  • Fixed issues related to auto-benchmarking updated miners not working in some situations.
  • Improvements to the Watchdog monitor to handle more situations where the software may be unresponsive.
  • Added Bitcoin-Gold to the coins that do not auto-exchange on Miningpoolhub.
  • Misc bug fixes and UI performance improvements.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 06:16:53 PM

A new wiki article has been published on how to setup Hash Auger to mine on NiceHash:  http://hashauger.wikidot.com/setting-up-nicehash
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 05:54:42 AM

Hash Auger 2.5.0 has been released with a an enhanced version of GPU Monitoring that collects data directly from the Nvidia API instead of relying of 3rd party software for better performance and reliability. It also includes support for the latest releases of CryptoDredge and Z-Enemy miners.

• Updated CryptoDredge to 9.2 (faster allium and phi2 hash rates for many GPUs)
  • Updated Z-Enemy to 1.21a (performance improvements)
  • Rewrote GPU Monitoring to access Nvidia's NVML API directly without the need to use an external application for better performance and reliability.
  • Improved detection of GPUs that are "lost" to the display driver.  When Hash Auger is configured to reboot on device errors, HA will restart the rig if a GPU is no longer accessible on the bus.
  • Fixed an issue where clearing benchmarks for a GPU might trigger mining with other GPUs.
  • Fixed an issue where CPU affinity was not being set when CryptoDredge processes.

Visit https://hashauger.com/download.html to get this latest release.
LeeMcTired

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:03:15 PM

Those are all miner programs archived in the .7z format.  That issue has happened to several other users and depends on the install folder and your Windows config.  Some OS configs do not give the 7Z extractor the disk permissions required to extract the miner files to some locations.  This happened to one user who was trying to run the software form a folder on the Desktop. A few other users had to move the software from the default install location in the AppData folder to a different directory  on their hard drive.

The easiest way to move the software would be to use the HA installer to install the software  in a new location of your choosing. As long as the gpu*.* and config.* file’s demain in the Hash Auger folder in the /AppData directory, it will use your current config and benchmarks.

I have tried to install in another folder, but still the same problem. Its installed in the default location with a shortcut on the desktop.
Also, when the software is started, everytime it takes about 4 minutes to initialize and then open and about another minute, while all the miners download in the download tab. I installed it on a second miner and about the same time to initialize and download. I just thought that this was how long it takes, with the same error trying to extract the miners.
Downloaded and installed on the third miner, and it initialize within seconds and is ready to start and extracts all the miners.
The only thing different is the first two were initially installed with version 2.4.1 and updated, whilst the last miner was 2.4.5.
Any ideas?
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 05:01:33 PM

I have tried to install in another folder, but still the same problem. Its installed in the default location with a shortcut on the desktop.
Also, when the software is started, everytime it takes about 4 minutes to initialize and then open and about another minute, while all the miners download in the download tab. I installed it on a second miner and about the same time to initialize and download. I just thought that this was how long it takes, with the same error trying to extract the miners.
Downloaded and installed on the third miner, and it initialize within seconds and is ready to start and extracts all the miners.
The only thing different is the first two were initially installed with version 2.4.1 and updated, whilst the last miner was 2.4.5.
Any ideas?

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble with the file extraction of some miners.  Considering those miners you are having trouble with are all archived in the 7zip format and the rest of the miners are .zip files, it still seems likely that the issue is with the 7zip utility. As I mentioned before, a few other users have had similar issues in the past but those were resolved by changing the Hash Auger install location. A log file (named like 7z_CoolMiner.txt) is saved to the Logs folder if miner cannot be extracted, but unfortunately, 7zip does not provide a lot of specific information that can be used to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Nothing in the 7Zip extraction process has changed from 2.4.1 to the latest releases, so I am not sure why the initial install worked on but is now failing on those two rigs unless something outside the software was changed.

One workaround would be to copy your Miners folder from one rig to the others to bypass the download process because Hash Auger checks to see if a miner executable exists before it tries to download it.

As for the load times, the Hash Auger installer runs a .Net pre-compile process that normally speeds up the first launch of the application. That the two upgraded instances are taking longer than normal to start, leads me to believe that the pre-compile process either did not run or failed for some reason.  Aside from the slow initial load time, that would not affect use of the software. However, you might want to verify that those rigs have the latest version of .Net (4.7.2) installed.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 04:46:31 PM

There is a new wiki article describing the various Hash Auger configuration settings that can be used to automatically restart a rig if one or more GPUs become unresponsive or generate too many errors. The article also describes the various levels of monitoring that the software uses to detect and respond to miner crashes, pool connectivity issues and other errors. 

http://hashauger.wikidot.com/managing-uptime
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 07:58:30 AM

Hash Auger 2.5.1 has been released to update EWBF to version .6 and improve support for the Equihash96 port on Zergpool. The number of pool communication errors that are allowed before the software temporarily stops mining on a pool is now user-adjustable.  The full list of changes:

• Upgraded EWBF to .6 (faster hash rates)
  • Improved support for Equihash96 port on Zergpool
  • The number of allowed communication errors is now adjustable per pool. The default value is two times the number of installed GPUs.
  • Reversed the display order of API Key and API ID fields for NiceHash to reflect how they appear on the NiceHash website.

Visit https://hashauger.com/download.html to update to the latest release.
LeeMcTired

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:31:19 PM

HA, thanks.
I did copy the miners and it worked on one rig, but not the other Huh, it still comes up with the same error.
I will do a clean install on this to get it running properly.
I checked all three of them, and the net 4.7.2 was already installed on them.

Also, whats the best way to benchmark on a clean install. Do you use a default overclock for all benchmark and then a custom overclock for specific algorithms?
How do you benchmark your software and what settings do you use.
I know it all depends upon your GPu, but for my 1080Ti, its 65, 125, 400. Am having crashes sometimes, but probably due to my settings.

Interested to hear what settings you use.

Cheers

HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 05:07:35 PM

HA, thanks.
I did copy the miners and it worked on one rig, but not the other Huh, it still comes up with the same error.
I will do a clean install on this to get it running properly.
I checked all three of them, and the net 4.7.2 was already installed on them.

Also, whats the best way to benchmark on a clean install. Do you use a default overclock for all benchmark and then a custom overclock for specific algorithms?
How do you benchmark your software and what settings do you use.
I know it all depends upon your GPu, but for my 1080Ti, its 65, 125, 400. Am having crashes sometimes, but probably due to my settings.

Interested to hear what settings you use.

Cheers

That is frustrating that the one rig is still having problems with the miner install. The miner install process that HA uses is pretty straightforward: it downloads each file and runs the appropriate extractor.  It really should not vary per rig, but since 7zip files require a different extractor, they tend to have more compatibility issues with system configurations. If you are comfortable with the command prompt (or have a GUI version of 7zip on that rig), you could try manually extracting one of the miners that have an error to the Miners folder to see if the 7z extractor provides any error messages. Any miner archives that could not be extracted should be in the Miners\Downloads directory in case the user has to do a manual install.

As for the OC settings and benchmarking, most users prefer to set their default overclock settings before benchmarking. Hash Auger will revise benchmarks based on actual mining results, but that process uses averaging to prevent the results from being skewed too much by a single mining run in case there is a miner failure, communication error, atypical vardiff from the pool etc.  So it can take a few mining runs before OC changes for an algoritm are fully reflected in the revised benchmarks.  If you are tuning a specific algorithm, you can use the Benchmark Utility in the Devices panel to select specific algorithms and miners to re-benchmark without having to re-bench everything.

Based on my experience and discussions on the HA Discord server, 1080ti GPUs are the trickiest to keep stable when overclocking.  There are some users on the Discord server with 1080tis that are stable with core clocks as high as +125. On my own 1080tis I have found that I have to limit the core clock to +75 for stability for the air-cooled models and no overclocks for the EVGA hybrids.  Since the liquid-cooled 1080tis stay much cooler than the air-cooled versions, the auto-boost on those GPUs is very aggressive and any additional overclock appears to push the GPUs over the edge.  I also follow the advice of the Z-Enemy and T-Rex devs and not use any overclocks for x16 due to the variable nature of the algorithms it uses can make it hard to tune and keep stable.

Depending on the miners that you are using, you may want to consider lowering your memory clock adjustment.  Newer versions of T-Rex and Z-Enemy appear to prefer negative memory clocks (as low as -800) for some algorithms such as x17.  Also, some 1080ti users have noticed that they can increase their core clocks more and still remain stable when they use a negative memory clock adjustment.  As a starting point, you may want to leave the memory clock adjustment as 0 for algorithms that use either T-Rex or Z-Enemy and see if that improves stability.

Finally, since tuning individual GPUs for specific algorithms can be a time consuming process, you may want to take a look at the new PG Bench overclocking utility:  https://www.pgboc.com.  It automates the process of testing various overclock settings per algorithm and GPU. The results are often surprising as the optimal settings may not be obvious or intuitive based on the common expectation that the highest settings possible are also the fastest.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 07:14:16 PM

Hash Auger 2.6.0 has been released to add a new built-in web service to allow for remote access to mining stats via any modern web browser and integration with third-party monitoring tools. Refer to the included API Reference document for setup tips and currently supported commands. Many more commands are planned to be included in the near future.

The complete list of improvements in this release:

• Added NLPool.NL to the pools that auto-exchange.
  • Added a web-accessible API server for querying Hash Auger mining stats as JSON objects. Refer to the API Reference included in the installation folder for usage.
  • Added support for the lbk3 algorithm that Vertical coin will be switching to (available on the IceMining.ca pool).
  • Added fan speed % to the GPU Monitoring statistics.
  • Expanded GPU Monitoring to recognize more GPU and driver error codes.
  • Reduced the Low Volume Port auto threshold to exclude more ports with few workers.
  • Fixed an issue where the software would not always use the fastest miner if the GPU is in profit-switching mode but energy usage information is unavailable.
  • Removed Italyiimp from the pools that auto-exchange as the pool is no longer active.

The latest release of Hash Auger can be downloaded from:  http://hashauger.com/download.html
LeeMcTired

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:18:01 PM

HA, thanks for the very detailed response and all of your advice.
I will reduce the core and memory and try and get more stability with those miners mentioned.

I appreciate the link to the PG Bench as this is what i am looking for, auto tune for the various algorithms.

Also, do you limit the pools you mine to a few, or several and also which ones do you use or prefer.

Thanks in advance.
HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 08:10:23 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2018, 10:50:31 PM by HashAuger

HA, thanks for the very detailed response and all of your advice.
I will reduce the core and memory and try and get more stability with those miners mentioned.

I appreciate the link to the PG Bench as this is what i am looking for, auto tune for the various algorithms.

Also, do you limit the pools you mine to a few, or several and also which ones do you use or prefer.

Thanks in advance.

I'm happy to help. PGBench has a lot of potential to help miners get the most hash rate and efficiency out of their existing hardware. In this bear market, power usage and efficiency is almost as important as raw mining speed, so time spent tuning GPUs is a good investment.

I limit my pools to three or four because I prefer to have payouts at least once a week and I do not have a large number of GPUs.  If you have too many pools enabled, it can take a long time to reach the minimum payout amount for any single pool. Of course, a user's preferred number of pools depends on their hardware and payout preferences.  I try not to make specific pool recommendations because a user's choice of pool should depend on their proximity to the pool servers, the algorithms/coins they prefer to mine and their hardware.  For example, a user with only one or two GPUs is usually better off mining a lower volume pool because the difficulty assigned by the pool tends to be lower and their share of the rewards higher.  Trying to mine an overworked port usually hurts profitability regardless of what the estimates are - which is why I included the Exclude High Volume Ports setting for most pools.

However, one suggestion is to try to mix pools with different levels of mining activity (amount of workers, total hash rate per port, etc).  Larger pools with more miners can more quickly earn rewards for more popular coins that have higher difficulties - but you will get smaller portions of those returns and fewer shares for your hashing power.  Pools with less mining activity tend to payout bigger shares for less popular coins.  How profitable those coins are depends on the exchange rates, but it is a good diversification strategy. There will be times when the smaller pool will provide better earnings for the same algorithm as the larger pool due to different assortment of coins they mine. Of course, the issue with smaller pools is that you could find yourself being the only miner on a port - which is no better than solo mining and will often delay earnings.  So I recommend enabling the Exclude Low Volume Ports setting on the pools that support it to prevent mining on any port where you will provide a significant share of the hash rate. Even bigger pools such as Blazepool can have ports (ex: Bitcore) that can have few miners.

Also, some miners including myself, have noticed that x16r profitability has dropped on the auto-exchange pools as more miners focus on that one algorithm. An interesting strategy is to disable x16r on all the auto-exchange pools that you use except for NiceHash since their marketplace provides more consistent earnings that are not affected by share percentages and the frequency at which the pool finds new blocks. It provides a good backstop when the other algorithms on the auto-exchange pools are not as profitable.

HashAuger (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 07:09:46 PM

Hash Auger 2.6.1 has been released with a variety of improvements and new features.  Support for Merit and BitCash mining has been added with the inclusion of Zjazz miner; refer to https://hashauger.blogspot.com/2018/10/mining-merit-and-bitcash.html for a guide on how to setup Hash Auger to mine specific coins if you are unfamiliar with the process. The watchdog and internet connection monitoring processes have been refined.  Users can also create a custom list of coins if they want to mine ones not included in the default list (see http://hashauger.wikidot.com/user-coins.

The full list of changes:
  • Added support for ZJazz .98 miner for Cuckoo Cycle (Merit and BitCash) mining.
  • Added support for a user-definable list of coins that is not altered by software updates.
  • Added the ability to access wallet balances and earnings summaries via the API.
  • Adjustments to device utilization monitoring to prevent false alarms when a pool is slow to provide work at startup.
  • Improvements to the internet connection check to reduce false alarms and improve app responsiveness when the connection is temporarily unavailable.
  • Miner error messages now include a category to help identify the cause of the error.
  • Improvements to the Watchdog process to prevent it from being accidentally closed during an app crash. When the watchdog is running, users are now asked if they want to shut it down when they exit the Hash Auger software.
  • The GPU Monitoring interval is now user-adjustable (the default is 10 seconds).
  • Improvements to the miner download process.
  • Fixes an issue where redirected miner windows might not be hidden.
  • UI tweaks to improve text legibility in most panels.

Visit https://hashauger.com/download.html to get this latest release.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: