Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:08:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs  (Read 2928 times)
sirkings0003 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:57:57 AM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aminmon

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:02:57 AM

When the bitcoin has slumped, and other altcoin will fall, so new ICO tokens can appear an extreme case, when these tokens to list on the exchange, so will be below the issue price.

Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:09:34 AM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.

I think it affects the ICO projects heavily. Just imagine scenario where ICO projects have raised X funds before they launched their project. Here the price of bitcoin was at its highest point. So if you consider that price and X funds then practically they had lots of funds in their possession. Depending on that they might just regulate the roadmaps and new development.

However, in the next scene if the price of bitcoin drops badly then ICO funds will get reduced as well thus making the ICO roadmaps and development to halt as ICO will be loosing their funds as soon as the prices drop. This can affect it severely I guess.
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:10:42 AM

I do not know much but what I have realized is that if Bitcoin value goes down, almost all other coins and tokens also go down. So I will say ICO performance depends on the time the ICO is being held.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
Enzo05

Activity: 938
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:19:16 AM

In my opinions YES , because it all starts with BTC let say Ethereum was used by most ICO's then BTC drop same as ETH then also tokens under ETH will also dump the price . I noticed that when I saw the market is all red and then after few days market is all green so I think when BTC is red all are red or some may increase but most well known crypto will be red .
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:35:05 AM

it can affect their prices in two different ways:

1. everyone knows that whenever bitcoin is falling everything else falls harder. so ICO tokens are no exceptions. they can fall hard because of it and never recover.

2. which is the most important one in my opinion is the fact that when bitcoin is rising like last year there are a lot of newbies coming in with a lot of dreams of getting rich overnight while having 0 understanding of the market. and when price drops like these days the same newbies are running away as fast as possible.
these newbies are the main bulk of investors in ICOs and when there are more of them around ICOs can have better days than when there is less of them around and they are running away.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:39:00 AM

bitcoin still strongly dominates all existing crypto and bitcoin is an indicator, whether the market will rise or fall.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:57:38 AM

I think the effect I'm seeing is that maybe investors will shy away from investing in ICO when they see that the top crypto is falling. So they will have a second doubt, because why would I invest into crypto when the current situation is very sensitive and there's a lot of pressure in the price?

So everything goes with bitcoin. And this have been proven already, except during the December frenzy.

We understand that most ICO is Ethereum centric, but where does one gauge Ethereum. Exactly, based on bitcoin current price and sentiments.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:01:38 AM

Yes it is.
If some icos has their payments as bitcoin. the price of ICO's token got more expensive.
Also affects altcoins prices, if bitcoin going down, the price of altcoins is going down also.
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:07:49 AM

Yes it does affect because bitcoin in the basis of every altcoin, when bitcoin is in dump the ico will be in slump also, bitcoin is the basis as i said. But bitcoin is very fast in going back to normal but is also fast in dumping and that is the risky part of bitcoin in today's market. Also some icos are paying their bounty participants directly as bitcoin that is why bitcoin also affects the bounty.
tonmoycrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:26:42 AM

I dont know too much about that but in a common sense it can be effect ico. becuase when ico company fund raised and token sale into main market major currency can play a big role so no doubt about that
magicmeyk

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:32:36 AM

I think so because they still connected with bitcoin after all. With bitcoin falling people will be down and will withdraw their funds because all their money is converted to bitcoin.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:49:46 AM

I think it affects the ICO projects heavily. Just imagine scenario where ICO projects have raised X funds before they launched their project. Here the price of bitcoin was at its highest point. So if you consider that price and X funds then practically they had lots of funds in their possession. Depending on that they might just regulate the roadmaps and new development.

However, in the next scene if the price of bitcoin drops badly then ICO funds will get reduced as well thus making the ICO roadmaps and development to halt as ICO will be loosing their funds as soon as the prices drop. This can affect it severely I guess.

Im with this guy but I will share my positive research and knowledge about it. So, when bitcoin market value increase it will affect an ICO because of the value but I would say not its mentain price. Infact I also have an ICO investment first I am not bragging I am sharing and informing you this. As of when you invest they will give 25% increase of your investments just when bitcoin value decreases just find the right ICO to invest with and I guarantee that you will earn it investing in it.
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:56:22 AM

Just add some opinions only!
Very affect on ICOs, because most ICOs use Ethereum platform. unless Ethereum becomes top coin no.1.
SnapFX

Activity: 588
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 08:01:37 AM

When in 2017 the bitcoin rate surely grew, many altcoins gained weight too. Also ICO were more profitable, even in comparison with 2018.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)
Matdog
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:15:57 AM

When in 2017 the bitcoin rate surely grew, many altcoins gained weight too. Also ICO were more profitable, even in comparison with 2018.
Yes if viewed all this is highly influential
However, if the price bitcoin down this would then affect funds ICO then get kurangan so that it makes ICO roadmaps and development to stop as ICO this causes prices down.
liangweicha

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:18:10 AM

I think the price of the bitcoin will indirectly affect the entire cryptocurrency market, and ICO belongs to cryptocurrency market, so the bitcoin has great influence to the ICO market price fluctuations.

Kallipso

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:23:42 AM

Then the price for tokens ico just as well as for other coins simply falls. Another factor is the influence of investors who do not want to invest heavily in the fall, realizing that this may not be of any benefit to them.
Heopu

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:43:45 AM

I don't know much about this but I think bitcoin price fluctuations will directly affect ICOs, so to say, the bitcoin value increases, the icos value will increase with and vice versa.
Every step of the way involves the risk, you should carefully study your plan before making a decision.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:52:37 AM

In our world, everything is interconnected, in the world of crypto currency everything is tied to bitcoin quite strongly. If bitcoin falls, then all crypto-currencies fall, tokens are also subject to this trend, because if investors leave bitcoin, then they leave other crypto-currencies and tokens. I think the main reason for Bitcoin's impact on new projects is the perception of Bitcoin as the main crypto currency by people. In the human mind, especially if people are not very well versed in the crypto-currency sphere, Bitcoin is the embodiment of digital money. As soon as Bitcoin's rate falls, human confidence on it also falls, which means that such distrust is transferred to other coins. Bitcoin acts as a litmus index. The jumps in its price are reflected in the public perception and are transferred to the altcoins and ICOs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: