Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:25:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs  (Read 2937 times)
torch2121

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 08:11:11 AM

I think yes it does. Most on crypto market was covered by Bitcoin and the share in market is dominant. If the value of Bitcoin drops, the affect on other altcoin decrease exponentially.

yeeyeyaya

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:43:10 AM

Yes it affects due to bitcoin at the base of each altcoin. of course the performance of ICO depends on the time ICO is being held, Just imagine the scenario in which the ICO project has collected X funds before they launch their project. Here the bitcoin price is at its highest point. So if you consider the price and fund X, then practically they have a lot of funds they have. Depending on it they may just set up a new roadmap and development.
zhulina

Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 11:01:47 AM

So far, everything is pretty good, so it increased on the break to 6660, which corresponded to 0.5 Fibo correction. At the same time, we can go lower on the growth correction, up to 6600. Now was the attempt to break the formation up, but don't let the above 6750 - so can go lower

The next goal of our movement should be to consolidate above 6800. Well, then-test 7000.
We shall move the stop under 6600, and it should close a minimum of 4 hour candle, to talk about the hike down. Well, any volume.

Another important point. On the exchanges open shorts from 7000-just a car. It will be very hard to pass this level, a great chance to go back down.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: 1.12.2018 (https://endchain.io/)
jpnl0002

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:04:50 AM

the ICOs that run always consider the price of the market as at when they want to start their initial currency offers, so i will technically say that they do not consider it as they enter the market whenever and work with it as they saw it.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:38:37 PM

An ICO project always targets its coin prices with bitcoin or ethereum so investors can consider the amount they need to invest in an ICO project they follow. However, when it is still pre-sale or crowdsale, bitcoin prices do not really affect the ICO project, it's just that the amount of bitcoin invested in getting the coins from the ICO project will differ from the current price adjustment in the market. However, once the coins of the ICO project have been listed on a market exchange and can be traded, the initial price of the ICO coin is affected by the demand on the seller and the buyer and there will be pump and dump activity in the market, after which the price will be stable and most will follow the price movement of bitcoin.
zerocashdev

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:43:41 PM

I think the creation of ico projects is the fact that now the requirements for registration of projects have increased considerably in order to avoid a scam, but in any way the cost of bitcoin.
arthur305

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:33:38 AM

Bitcoin has the highest dorminance in the market. Price of Bitcoin affects all the digital currency market, not just ico, because he is the index and affects the emotion of all participants.
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:38:57 AM

In the past i was thinking if the btc goes down then the interest in ICOs also goes down.
but what i have noticed is that the ICO market is going on even if the BTC goes down on the other hand, yes we saw huge influx of money when we had the biggest hype of crypto to date in start of the year.

Anatolich

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:43:14 AM

Everything is in the interest to the project. If bitcoin is falling, interest is falling, the project can not raise money, or everyone is anxiously waiting for what will happen next. If the price rises, everyone expects growth, and thereby invest in projects to get rich.
s.Zavgorod

"IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchang

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:44:52 AM

I think that general situation on the market has some influence on ICOs, but not only on ICOs but also on other cryptos. But we should understand that there are some good projects which worth to invest and we should support them, for the development of the crypto industry. I am looking for the new ICOs at www.icoguide.com and can recommend it to you as well.
I think the impact is due to the fact that Ethereum depends on bitcoin, and the rest of the tokens in turn on Ethereum, since so many companies are born thanks to its smart contracts.

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬    
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:47:49 AM

If bitcoin or ethereum prices are low and you expect them to be higher at some point in time, it will be harder to put your bitcoin into ico's for half of the dollar value
loveinberlin

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:49:05 AM

I don't think that btc price affects ICOs much but sure that it is going to have  a certain impact. I think that reputable projects won't suffer much from the price fluctuations of the crypto market. I really hope so
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:55:34 AM

Everything is in the interest to the project. If bitcoin is falling, interest is falling, the project can not raise money, or everyone is anxiously waiting for what will happen next. If the price rises, everyone expects growth, and thereby invest in projects to get rich.

When bitcoin is not performing well like being in the bear market, some investors are not enthusiastic enough to invest in the market because bitcoin's price is not that desirable. Some would sell their coins upon listing in exchanges but if the price of the base coins (bitcoin) is small then they would have a small profit compared to bitcoin having a higher price. There are ICOs too that change the number of tokens they issue base on the bitcoin or ethereum price. As a summary, bitcoin price affects the price of all the coins may it be listed already or still on the ICO phase.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Deewhy2
Copper Member

Activity: 233

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:05:33 AM

i do think about this always but not sure if the Bitcoin price do affect the ICO, becuase as the Bitcoin is falling some ICO still remain their price (even some do increase).

i will really appriciate if someone can just give a nice write up explaining how it works

louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:22:02 AM

I believe so, ICO price once in the market already, price varies for every bear market of bitcoin and I had just observed that on from my newly finished signature campaign. I do monitor the price value of the ICO token that I had currently finished and the price really is affected. I just hope by the time bitcoin will spike or bounce back, the ICO token should also rise such that I would be able to trade it for good.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
coinmaster241

Activity: 672
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:14:24 PM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
There must be a profit and loss. if ICO runs when value of Bitcoin is high and when ICO finishes value of Bitcoin drops dramatically it is obviously suffering losses and reducing funds for project. but if the developer sells ICO funds into official currency when high bitcoin price is definitely profitable. back again to each of us, decision is all in us. either project or we are just the same as experiencing it.
Conclusion I think ICO will never lose if the coin is sold out or not. because funds with 50% of sales also have included to turn the project for the next few years.
MortonAlden

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:53:14 PM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
Not if they are ETH based, I only go for ERC's. I'm going for projects like Edenchain, Treon and LVN, I would suggest  Alt.ESTATE and Qurrex as well these have a promising team. Check these out, also good hopes for the following as well.

Tomochain and GCOX.
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:16:10 PM

Bitcoin in principle affects the market of cryptocurrency, but everyone knows that most of the ICO projects run on the Ethereum platform and everything is connected only with the ETH.
alient86

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:41:23 PM

The growth / decrease of Bitcoin price strongly affects the ICO. For projects it is better that Bitcoin's price be higher. Many ICOs even carry start / end dates to wait for price changes in the market
kimhong1131997

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:16:23 PM

ico is the most sensible investment in the world of crypto money primarily. The btc price affects everything. because all the coins are indexed to btc. I think it is not only affected by the ico period btc price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: