Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:26:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin price affect ICOs  (Read 2928 times)
letsfly

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:05:38 PM

I think bitcoin doesnt affect the price of ico's. They have their own price , their price will only get affected once they go on the market. Say for example, ico price of coin a is $.5 , no matter how much btc is, it will still be $.5 when it is on the ico.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:07:45 PM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
I think it is very logical, when the price of Bitcoin rises, then many Bitcoin holders get profits, some of which will be used to buy Altcoin or ico, and of course it will apply when the situation is the opposite.

i think not , its because ico's  are totally  different from btc . some people prefer to invest in an ico because they think that investing on it is a bang of the buck , while there are some that  only choose btc because it is more trusted than an ico .  the price of ico coins will only be affected because of bounty hunters that are usually dumping their coins .  while btc price is directly affected by manipulation and other factors like speculions , fuds , demand/supply , etc and so on .
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:11:17 PM

Bitcoin price or Ethereum price does not directly affect ICOs but it does affect the market sentiment and frothiness. During an explosive rally phase of Bitcoin, investors will be feeling more bullish and invest easily into even bad or mediocre ICOs. During a bear market phase like now, only very good ICOs are able to raise their full target or close to it.
Atang Sulaeman

Activity: 910
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:17:15 PM

it makes sense if bitcoin is a benchmark for every ICO because investors will look forward if the price of bitcoin rises, surely every altcoin will also rise in price. and most likely the decline in bitcoin prices now makes some ICOs stop. and make investors think again to invest money in the ICO
RESPONSIBLE_

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:44:38 PM

I think the price of bitcoin is at the pace of the ICO. The higher the cost of bitcoin, the higher the investor interest, the market comes to life, many people think that they will not make it to the outgoing train.
Greedy squirrel

Activity: 296
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:27:23 PM

I have been wondering how directly and indirectly fluctuations in the price of bitcoin affects ICOs performance at that time. Anyone who knows this can assist in the explanation.
Typically, the price of tokens is not attached to the fiat currency. They are installed in the Ether or Bitcoin. And this is a problem for many investors. Some projects set a price in dollars or euros, but not all. The volatility of the market can play both in the good side, and in the bad.
zk-SNARK

Activity: 168

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:07:08 PM

Surely bitcoin price affecting icos. Because bitcoin price is affecting all the market situation. and market situation affecting the icos .. why there is no ico right now. because bitcoin lost a lot. and the market is generally very poor.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:27:50 AM

No, it won't affecting the ICO performance directly. Many ICO pegged their token price in fiat currency like USD or EUR.
But maybe ETH can affect it because ETH is required for the gas fee of the transaction of the ICO tokens that being sold.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:32:42 AM

Most ICO project have internal token that is built on altcoin. And as it is presently in cryptocurrency, bitcoin price movement affect pricecof altcoin  and if price of altcoin is affected, so will be the price of token built upon it!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Predator25

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:45:46 AM

Thats what I also notice everytime I see that bitcoin price is rising up. Other cryptocurrency also will. Maybe because their foundation making those crypto is based also by bitcoin. What I mean is that bitcoin is uses for payment maybe so they have stocks of bitcoin if it dumps the price of their token will also dump.
hiVe

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:46:00 AM

ofcourse the BTC price will affect in other altcoin because they are in a market. In general, when the market is still high, the BTC price can help people are more confident about crypto currency. but now, when the Bitcoin cant keep its price, the investors will consider very much before investing in ICOs

▄  ▄
             ▄█▌  ▐█▄
            ███    ███▄
          ▄████    ████▄
        ▄██████▌  ▐██████▄
       ▄████████  ████████▄
      ███████▀▀    ▀▀███████
    ▄███████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
   ▄███████▌   ▀██▀   ▐███████▄
  █████▀▀                ▀▀█████
 ███▀▀      ▄██▄▄▄▄██▄      ▀▀███
▀▀       ▄▄████████████▄▄       ▀▀
    ▄▄▄████████████████████▄▄▄   
▄████████████████████████████████▄

▄██████████████      ▄▄████████▄▄            ▄█▄          ▐█████████████▄ 
▐██▀                ▄███▀▀    ▀▀███▄         ▄███▄         ▐██        ▀▀███
███                ▐██▀          ▀██▌       ▄██▀██▄        ▐██          ▐██▌
▀███▄▄    ▄▄▄▄     ██▌            ▐██      ▄██▀ ▀██▄       ▐██        ▄▄███
  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀███▄   ██▌            ▐██     ▄██▀   ▀██▄      ▐██    ▄▄█████▀ 
             ███   ▐██▄          ▄██▌    ▄██▀     ▀██▄     ▐██      ▀██▄   
            ▄██▌    ▀███▄▄    ▄▄███▀    ▄██▀       ▀██▄    ▐██        ███  
██████████████▀       ▀▀████████▀▀     ██████████▄  ▀███   ▐██         ▀██▄

World's 1st Fully Democratised
SUPER-MAP Using Drone Content
  / 
   FOR DRONE ENTHUSIAST  

▪ PRIVATE SALE REGISTRATION
  ▪ PUBLIC SALE: Sep 29th 2018

██████████████████            ██████████████████
       ███           ▄███▄           ▐███
       ▀████████████████████████████████▀
               ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
                    ▄█████▄
                  ███████████
              ▄▄████▀█████▀████▄▄
            ███▀▀    ▀███▀    ▀▀███
            ▐█         █         █▌
                      ▀█▀

JOIN THE PRESALE             
WHITEPAPER   PRIMER     TELEGRAM
TECHPAPER     TWITTER   MEDIUM

Live Demo
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:58:37 AM

Everything in crypto is currently tied to Bitcoin, so when bitcoin moves, everyone moves even the ICO's.
The reliance in bitcoin may decrease in the future OR it may be the only cryptocurrency that survives.
Let's wait another 5-10 more years.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
DraGoN7b

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:24:44 PM

Maybe. I think that many have already read about the domino effect. Most likely, bitcoin is directly related to each token and ICO projects. All token graphics are very similar to each other. There are only a few projects that are tied to the dollar.
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:31:00 PM

Yes of course, since Bitcoin and Ethereum are the most picked coins for investing ICOs a drop in the market would mean a lesser number of coins you will be receiving from the investment you did from the ICO but if the ICO did not lessen the number of coins you will receive there would be an inflation happening if Bitcoin and Ethereum got up since there many investors and traders will reside to Bitcoin and Ethereum for potential profits.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:35:01 PM

Definitely, especially in downtrend market. However, there are still few ICO s out there that have defile the odds, they have pushed forward on their project and idea regardless of price of bitcoin. Pundix is a good example of this!
Jackolantern

Activity: 321

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:39:50 PM

I think that btc price doesn't affect ICOs much. To my mind, there is the certain connection but i am not sure which one exactly as I am new to this system and don't know all nuances

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:14:27 PM

At the beginning of the ICO, they describe the initial price of the token in the branch , when bitcoin falls , this price may be less, and most likely it will appear on the exchange with a large drop.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
bitcoinm3ster

Activity: 409

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:18:56 PM

In my observing, when the price of Bitcoin go down, it will make whole market also decrease, and the most important thing is that the price of Ethereum is also affected. It make the value of tokens when list in market will be affected so much

escalante28

Activity: 742
Merit: 42

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:32:32 PM

For me it's  a No!  What is the connection of bitcoin price during that ICO?
It's  all about the project of how it can be adopted in a real world and the advantages of its purposes. If that said ICO is don't  have the purpose and can't  meet the roadmap how would the inventors  trust it?  What is wrong with the ICO now are the investors  who want to gain an instant profit. After that token listed in an exchange market those investors are dumping, they don't think about the purpose of that. Coin anymore it's  all about profits.
popox

Activity: 141

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:05:54 PM

As we see BTC is a base and this coins is an influencer on everything that we have in crypto and ICOs are there as well so this dominance is too strong.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: