Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:55:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2406 times)
SkvorNyc777

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Swipe!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:54:42 AM

Because they don't posses enough knowledge to understand the situation; also greed makes them buy high; the sell low because of panic.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cfmoc

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:48:50 AM

There are people who buy Bitcoin high and sell Bitcon low. There are two main reasons. Firstly, these people started investing in Bitcoin, knowing Bitcoin would create a terrible price shock. Bitcoin profits would increase dramatically in a short time, making people feel like be profitable without some knowledge of Bitcoin. Secondly, people feel lack of confidence about Bitcoin's future.
If you are an experienced investor or an investor in Bitcoin from the beginning, then there is no such thing. And this is the people who succeed in investing.
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:54:43 AM

Its much better if we doing our analysis before we buying or investing our money. With making analysis before we make investment, we can avoid from lossing our money. In cryptomarket, price always have high fluctuation and need technical analysis if we decide to make profits by short term investment

Rubble898zaitO

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:56:08 AM

That is panic buying and selling and that is sommething that I remind myself everytime to avoid doing. It is not good for business and my personal strategy in trading Bitcoin is the other way around, buy low and sell high so that we can ensure good profit.
cfmoc

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:58:49 AM

I think such people are not patient. Patience is key for every investment. Be patient when prices drop, expecting them to rise again sometime.

I agree with you that impatience is also a factor that affects success in work. However, in investment, I think that knowledge and belief are the two most important factors. It gives you confidence and determination in your investment decisions, especially in a very risky market such as Cryptocurrency. We believe in the development of Bitcoin in the coming years, based on development rules and positive information from the G20 in Argentina in 2018
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:22:58 PM

Some people usually buy high and sell low because of their personal needs. suppose someone is completely out of money from his accounts and need cash for daily use then he will definitely
think about his holdings and investments.

A few people expect for the quick outcome from his holdings which tends them to buy high and sell low.
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:35:23 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
in trading the key to success is to buy when the price is cheap and sell when the price is high. if otherwise it is to prevent losses, my strategy when the price drops I will cut when it has reached a loss of up to 10% -20%.
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:37:18 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

Buy and sell is always the meta in the market but its not very simple since most of the people are losing a huge amount of profit due to panicking, the best thing to do to get a better results is to read different speculations that will boost your confidence to hold or sell your coins in order to make the right decisions.
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:52:55 PM

Thanks guys!
in trading the key to success is to buy when the price is cheap and sell when the price is high. if otherwise it is to prevent losses, my strategy when the price drops I will cut when it has reached a loss of up to 10% -20%.

You have a good strategy but its better to cut lose then rebuy again when the price are in downtrend in that case you have a high percentage to earn a good profit if that altcoin you buy pump up again.
By the way people are to afraid & stressed when entering to trading industry its a reason I see why people buy high and sell low.
dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:53:33 PM

This happened mainly with the starters and newbies in trading world. They start to buy many coins and tokens without any knowledge about this field, they just think that it is the shortest way to make money on the crypto domain. Then they choose to buy many shitcoins and tokens without potential, the resuly usually is big losses.
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:56:21 PM

Thanks guys!

Investing when the market is at hype or has a high price is the dumbest idea you will ever made because you will not get any profit when you buy coins at that time, the reason why most of the new traders are losing a huge amount of investment is because they are not well knowledgeable about the market before investing.
lelylely

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:05:18 PM

Thanks guys!

Yes the desire to get excess profits can make people think short, because you see bitcoin is increasing, and you buy it because it thinks bitcoin will continue to increase, but you do not consider the price of an unstable bitcoin that can go down anytime. Do not sell the bitcoin you have when the price falls, try to calm down and do not panic, bitcoin can increase again and you will benefit from bitcoin.

linshuhow

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:14:51 PM

Investor psychology. You never know when is the lowest point or highest point until looking back to the past. Hindsight is 20/20
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:18:06 PM

Thanks guys!

Yes the desire to get excess profits can make people think short, because you see bitcoin is increasing, and you buy it because it thinks bitcoin will continue to increase, but you do not consider the price of an unstable bitcoin that can go down anytime. Do not sell the bitcoin you have when the price falls, try to calm down and do not panic, bitcoin can increase again and you will benefit from bitcoin.
That was the normal mindset of a traders who had not enough experience in buying and selling this topic is much relevant into trading because of its way of earning.
Basically, people ince they saw that the market is gaining a trend they buy because they saw it and they wanting more without knowing and having a target sell zone until the price go down and they still didn't able to sell.
Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:23:27 PM

This might be not included on the investors' plan with their Bitcoin. They are investing even if the price oc Bitcoin is high having the expectations that it will continue increasing which will give them profit. On the other hand they are forced to sell since it is their way of cutting down their losses due to the dumps. This only proves that holding until the msrket value stabilizes will br a much better decision.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:23:37 PM

Cutting losses is the typical reason why selling lower than purchased and this together with the panic that you will lose more if you will keep it. The problem is that the fluctuation could be very high and honestly who will not panic if it falls from $20,000 to only $7,000?

The other reason besides this is that the investor needs money urgently and is forced to sell a part or all of his investment during a downswing phase. In some cases bad news or new local laws will lead an investor to the decision to sell low.
Marina17

Activity: 490
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:25:02 PM

It seems to me that this it is happening because no one knows exactly where the best entry points in this market are. More over, the news strongly manipulate the minds of most of us, and many people can not take the right and appropriate decision to buy or sell.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
arctic circle

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:32:15 PM

People are not selling at the low price and the price are now low most of the people are holding because the buying at high and selling at low are loss for us and in the modern era we have to manage time and money so if the prices are low then the holding strategy is good and in the bitcoin it is good to not sell because we can use this for the online payments as well so that is the advantage of this currency.
genology

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:38:51 PM

This is what newbies usually do because they want to be secured. Bitcoin is filled with these newbies since Bitcoin itself is also a newbie in ceyltocurrency world. For me, it is better to do the opposite as long as what you invest in has huge potential to grow in the future.

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM
waqasniaz007

Activity: 406
Merit: 121

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:39:00 PM

Thanks guys!
I think the reason people buy high, besides the fact that they are investing on emotion, is because they don't know how to value a business

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: