Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:05:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people buy high and sell low  (Read 2406 times)
Requim

Activity: 166
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:18:19 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!

Being too emotional and too much panicking leads to wrong decision. That is why impatient people who sell during market crash always end up selling low. I always wonder why would someone sell their coin when they do not need their money instantly. Patience is needed when you are investing or trading because not all coins can make you rich in a small span of time. It also takes time for developers to develop their project and to increase market demand.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nylelyn

Activity: 296
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:25:36 PM

Experience traders do this thing to cut losses, but newbies do this because of their weak emotions.
Every time you trade, it must be supported with your target price to prevent any big loss.
Panicking can also be the reason why, and again you must know how to control your emotion.
It cannot be denied that people tend to do that at times. The do calculated mistakes or atleast they will cut losses or just simply get back their capital. Most of us sometimes become impatient that is why we end up not earning and having some losses. Panic selling generally affects the bitcoin value which can aggravate the situation of bitcoin price and market flow. Please be reminded that before purchasing any coin, better for you observe the flow and always place buy on the lowest price possible.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:28:04 PM

Those buyer buy coins at a high price because they think that it will be increased. But when the price become low they sell coin thinking that the price will be decrease more. I think that is their philosophy.

I think that the lack of basic knowledge about trading affects such decisions. In addition, under the influence of emotions comes to panic and sales. And the consequences lead to a loss of money.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:41:26 PM

Those buyer buy coins at a high price because they think that it will be increased. But when the price become low they sell coin thinking that the price will be decrease more. I think that is their philosophy.

I think that the lack of basic knowledge about trading affects such decisions. In addition, under the influence of emotions comes to panic and sales. And the consequences lead to a loss of money.

Sometimes the price fluctuation will make us take some wrong decisions, there are many experts failed to predict price and lost their money. It all depends on your luck but you also right those who don't have basic knowledge about trading they will take this kind of bad decisions.
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:47:13 PM

Apparently, when something good or bad happens in crypto, we panic; either we panic buy or panic sell. When values of certain coins go high, we tend to panic and purchase that coin holding to a promise that this coin will continue to go up and has great potential because it is, again, increasing in value, though this may stand true to some coins but not all. On the other hand, when values go down, ahain, we tend to panic because it might continue to go down and we are losing our investment and it may or may not recover. So for the sake of saving some of our investment, we tend to sell our coin clinging to a certain comfort that atleast, we didn’t lose that much without knowing or having the patience to wait for that coin to recover and may even go higher than its current highest value.

yunzau

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:55:34 PM

Investing is something everyone does to ensure their future. My opinion is due to the pressure that occurs where stock prices continue to rise and make buyers multiply. They read and look and feel happy about it and want to contribute to it. Only experienced people who know the jump in and out of stock to make money. Purchase when prices are high with some stocks and that means paying a lot. The bad thing is that investors will sell from the market side and if selling at their own price can be a bad decision.
btctestcolets

Activity: 233
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:08:14 PM

Sometimes the price fluctuation will make us take some wrong decisions, there are many experts failed to predict price and lost their money. It all depends on your luck but you also right those who don't have basic knowledge about trading they will take this kind of bad decisions.

I trully believe that the reason why most people have come to an end of losing capital invested its because of failed to predict the price in regards to the fluctuation. And another make some of them are out of controlled there emotions draws the result of bad decision making. All this thing can be solve prior to your luck and proper mind set to have a good profit.
AlexDing_average

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:22:47 PM

No one really wants to do that....
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:40:13 PM

If you will keep doing it, investing in crypto is not good for you. In investing selling low should never be an option. It is either you earn small or earn big. Never let your self lose hope cause we all know how crypto work. Patience and doing some research about the coin/s you're going to invest is the key to success.
How can a person gets profit if he is buying at high and selling at low? These are some common busies rules that are equally implementable in crypto world. As trading involves selling and buying like stocks, we need to be educated about such technicalities that would help us improving our trading portfolios. Bitcoins are volatile, don’t underestimate your controlling power and never sell at low prices.
decoder88

Activity: 346
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:29:56 PM

I've been one of those people, the people that buy at the high points of crypto and then sell low, losing my money and then later on losing out on a good amount of profits which I could've made. I'd like to know some of the reasons that people do this, besides doing it to cut their losses as that one is my reason.

Thanks guys!
Yes there are many people in CryptoCurrency world are buy in a high price and sell it low, there's many reasons why it happened. First they sold their coins because of panic that happened right now in the market. Second there's a emergency happened they need a money for daily and the only way they could sell their coin.
I can say that there are factors affecting why people suddenly buy at high and sells at low. There could be a reason where they have panic attacks. They fear of loosing more so they tend to sell it. Why some people, like me most of time does this kind of thing because of the need of money itself. So i panic sell, seldom times.
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:41:26 PM

Well, many people do that panic buying and panic selling. For me, I bought my bitcoin when the price is high but it's okay because I'll never sell them yet. I only buy bitcoin if I got extra money on my pocket and then I never think that I have a bitcoin on my wallet. My reason to do that is to avoid panic selling.
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:46:30 PM

Cause people are just buying coins when the price is rising and they think that price will grow and grow and grow but suddenly it is just falling down and people panic and sell coins to just take as much as they can after this down.

leviathon

Merit: 13

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:59:40 PM

No one really likes to buy high and sell low. It is just that they don't have any other option. Sometimes, they don't have patience to hold longer. And sometimes, they know if they hold more, they will lose more so it is better to sell now with small loss than later with greater loss.
IMAR

Activity: 314
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:23:42 PM

No one really likes to buy high and sell low. It is just that they don't have any other option. Sometimes, they don't have patience to hold longer. And sometimes, they know if they hold more, they will lose more so it is better to sell now with small loss than later with greater loss.

Correct, instead of loosing everything then better to just sell it low than nothing. It happen to me already but of course I don't like it. Its best of course  to buy low and sell high.
Golegard

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:07:31 PM

They are doing it because of their fear of losing more money ,
They bought it because they think that they could gain a profit from it and they ended up losing more.

True, they don't  want to lose too much or they panicking. I think those person is a beginner, they have no  enough knowledge in the market instead of earning money opposite is the result.

In crypto world, to earn profit we need to wait the right time for the price, patient and experience are key to earn a bunch money.

PokerStein1

Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:21:28 PM

I thınk there is two reason for this. One urgent need of money two panic sell. When prices starts to fall down people sells like crazy because of panic. If there is a need for urgent money they can also sell from low prices. I dont think there is another reason to sell low.

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:26:49 PM

Thanks guys!
EMOTION is the major thing why do most people do made such act and I do believe this is been experienced on most traders when we are still a newbie even just on sole investors who are holding up.Even myself do experience this on where I do buy high and sell low later on when I do saw price decrease on the coins which I do hold in my folio but as I gained experience all things do changed and I do know what to do on price declines.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:30:26 PM

Thanks guys!
There are many reasons people buy Bitcoin at high prices and sell it at low or even meager prices. In my country, there are quite a lot of Bitcoin sellers at low rates because they buy at high prices and face many risks. So they sell their Bitcoin to cut losses.
Yes these type of people are there even in any community but these are those people who need money and they cannot wait for the good time to come as they have to fill their needs with that money. While there are other people who do not need money but they do not have any knowledge about bitcoin future and when they see the price decreasing they sell their coins no matter how they see it at low.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:32:34 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 08:46:15 PM by lienfaye

I experienced this before and my reason why I sell my coin for lower price is im not certain if the value can manage to increase again so I tend to panic sell and lose my patience to wait for it as im afraid the coin will totally drop the price or become delisted in exchanges (a typical mindset of newbie). I realized emotion has something to do with it and we must know how to control it to avoid unnecessary decision.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:42:24 PM

Correct, instead of loosing everything then better to just sell it low than nothing. It happen to me already but of course I don't like it. Its best of course  to buy low and sell high.

Stop being a noob. If you just keep holding your coins during a correction, you aren't actually losing anything. If the value goes down, you have a statistical loss on paper, but the reality is that you still have the same number of coins. People quite often just focus on the fiat value, and that's where they go wrong. Focusing too much on that aspect will make you panic sell sooner if you aren't comfortable with your investment. It's normal if it happened to you the first time as starter, but if you repeatedly make the same mistake, you obviously aren't learning anything. In that case you're better off just not investing at all, but in order to come to that conclusion, one needs to be willing to acknowledge that....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: