Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:50:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet still work?  (Read 21215 times)
bitcoinpeople3

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:45:41 AM

I use MEW and it has never given me issues. It works quite fine and I think that it is a great wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 08:37:43 AM

I heard that the wallet MEW may not be used anymore, this information is true. So if the wallet MEW for some reason can not be used then can we use any other wallet?

I haven't encountered any news like that on the myetherwallet page, and as I last recall it seems to be working properly at all and to be honest I haven't encountered any problems for 2 years of using it but if worst comes to worst I'm sure there are a lot of wallet that we can use aside from myetherwallet.

fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:47:27 PM

If you said thet mew wallet is not working anymore its mean you dont know how crypto really work. Even mew website down but we already made wallet there we can still use our wallet but we open it at other wallet platform like trust or jaxx. The important thing is you need to back up your secret key.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
adejoke444

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 05:09:24 PM

MEW wallet can still work perfectly but the problem with it is that it's not really secured because hackers do hack their website and get away with people's token.
Aksiyon1

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:17:00 PM

I heard that the wallet MEW may not be used anymore, this information is true. So if the wallet MEW for some reason can not be used then can we use any other wallet?

Why do you believe in an unknown source? Do you have an official link?

MEW wallet can still work perfectly but the problem with it is that it's not really secured because hackers do hack their website and get away with people's token.

Well, I have never heard of the hacked Myetherwallet websites. Recently, Google DNS servers have been hacked, but this is not MEW fault, which is the fault of the Google server. (yeah, Do you know Google DNS?) Basically you will be directing to phishing websites when accessing to MEW sites. And if you are careful, you will easily recognize it as a phishing site.

waitinglist

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:17:11 PM

where did you hear the news, is this just an issue or not. but clearly for now MEW is fine and there is no problem whatsoever.

nemey

Activity: 658

Catena X

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:22:24 PM

Why not? After the hacked time, the MEW is now safe and okay to be used. In some months ago, the hacked MEW is very bad to make many people dropped because of losing some coins in their wallet. What we must know is that we must be more careful in putting our private key and other requirements. The registration is also important for this chance. 

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
Wasii

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:26:37 PM

I don't think the information about MEW wallets not being used anymore is genuine,  why will they wanna close up, because I believe that they are one of the best Erc 20 wallet out there,  if they close up,  you can use imtoken wallet
Fittinya12

Activity: 138
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:31:15 PM

MEW is just a tool here.With the keys you create from any wallet, you can trade in your wallet.If you ask me, I am using MEW. I should not have a problem about shutdown.
devormity

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:01:03 PM

as a person involved in the world of cryptocurrency, we are required to always think smart. before you tell, it is better to search first what you will inform. Don't give information just because you hear from someone else. because I use myetherwallet is still perfect and as usual there are no obstacles. in my opinion myetherwallet is likely to continue to function, by seeing so many enthusiasts and is very useful as our token wallet.
FastSlots

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:07:28 PM

It still works well so far. Can not find an erc20 wallet that is better than MEW at this time. Sometimes I encounter some hacked issues but my evaluation with MEW is still perfect
iamsediii

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:50:40 PM

MEW is good to store wallet. I think you've got wrong information of news. Beware to the news guys.
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:58:14 PM

I think yes. but I do not like it at all. it is unreliable. on personal experience verified. so I do not advise it to anyone.
berezov_petro

Activity: 140

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:14:35 PM

Yes, you're right MEW wallet is still quite normal. People are really afraid to keep their coins there, because the system is not protected and needs to be improved.

imran69

Activity: 102

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:19:13 PM

I think Its not true! There is no news like this From there official Pages.
devilman59

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:21:29 PM

I think myetherwallet is the best place to keep your ER-20 tokens safe, and I think most bounty hunters use them, so if something happened to it it'd be out pretty fast, I don't know where you heard that news, but it works as well as ever.
carrigan

Activity: 728
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:42:43 AM

Yes it can. I also use this MyEtherWallet as transaction. Oh I see, that day was trouble and MEW was hacked. However right now, many people have back to use this wallet. This is still worthy and easy to be used. but of course, be careful in using this wallet. You can try this very popular wallet now.
racialopinion80

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:27:19 AM

not like that. Myetherwallet wallets can still be used properly, even relatively safer than other wallets, and there is no obstacle at all when we access the MEW wallet. Other wallets can be used, but very few tokens are supported. until now I have more confidence in myetherwallet wallet.
QueenCryptomarket

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:48:48 PM

I, as a beginner, have heard a lot of doubts about the MEW purse and its secret key. Thank you for your opinions here and faith in the MEW wallet. I will safely use it.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:22:08 PM

Though i don't think that information is true but if that is true, other wallet provider like imtoken mycrytos wallet can be adopted in place of MEW.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: