Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:01:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum will lose it's dominance this year  (Read 406 times)
Faroxx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:56:24 PM

I think Ethereum developers will fix it in the future. In any case, Ethereum will not lose its dominance in the future because now everyone is making their ico on it. IMHO

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkHerO15

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:21:37 AM

It's hard to talk about it, particularly in a falling market. Many people simply estimate the project cost. I believe that this is one of the most promising of coins to the current time.
nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:22:55 AM

ERC20 tokens are a pain in the ass.  When looking for new altcoins I would rather download a new blockchain/node than add another token.  Why is this?  because I have attempted to download the enormous Ether BChain and never can complete the final 250 to 300 blocks.  (I have read & tried many fixes...but it remains a pita). 

If I feel this way, there are hundreds of thousands of others with same opinion. 

In looking for Ethereum competitors, I found an article from Medium: ”2018 Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) Platform” It compared the six top cryptos for business.  The comparison was unbiased and provided clear comparisons.  Ethereum has peaked.  Looks like best competitors are XLM (Stellar) or ARDR (Ardor). In my opinion, I would bet on ARDR due to zero transaction cost and has a solution for blockchain bloat (big issue for me). the article can be found here -> https://medium.com/@dennis_z/2018-blockchain-as-a-service-baas-platform-review-part-i-a5483321dfb8

I don't think this will happen, not in 2018. If there is another competitor to overcome ethereum they still have miles to go as the community and platform is the most advanced in ethereum's case.

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:25:15 AM

ERC20 tokens are a pain in the ass.  When looking for new altcoins I would rather download a new blockchain/node than add another token.  Why is this?  because I have attempted to download the enormous Ether BChain and never can complete the final 250 to 300 blocks.  (I have read & tried many fixes...but it remains a pita). 

If I feel this way, there are hundreds of thousands of others with same opinion. 

In looking for Ethereum competitors, I found an article from Medium: ”2018 Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) Platform” It compared the six top cryptos for business.  The comparison was unbiased and provided clear comparisons.  Ethereum has peaked.  Looks like best competitors are XLM (Stellar) or ARDR (Ardor). In my opinion, I would bet on ARDR due to zero transaction cost and has a solution for blockchain bloat (big issue for me). the article can be found here -> https://medium.com/@dennis_z/2018-blockchain-as-a-service-baas-platform-review-part-i-a5483321dfb8

I would suggest to read this article: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/what-is-erc20-and-how-does-it-affect-tokens

ETH is revolutionary
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:26:53 AM

It's hard to talk about it, particularly in a falling market. Many people simply estimate the project cost. I believe that this is one of the most promising of coins to the current time.
If you're not that deep invested into the coin you could see some things that a holder cannot. The price looks like it will increase in a few months.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
breeze170

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:28:15 AM

I think this is only FUD. Ethereum is even stronger than past right now, it even somewhat puts bitcoin on risk at market dominance. Ethereum price will keep climbing over time and I happily invest into it + erc20 tokens.

letningmequin

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:33:02 AM

I do not believe that ethereum will lose its dominance.
jerrysmith

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:33:42 AM

No i dont think think so Ethereum will lose it's dominance this year. becuase still now there are so many ico payment system on eth based erc20 its all ready very popular it never happened
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:48:00 AM

Ethereum is a coin for the future, with a strong project plan and good financial backing and experienced development team . it will not just lose it like that. as long a the ICOs keep using its platform then its valuation will only get higher
INNOVATIVE BIORESEARCH

Activity: 340

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 08:54:18 AM

ERC20 tokens are a pain in the ass.  When looking for new altcoins I would rather download a new blockchain/node than add another token.  Why is this?  because I have attempted to download the enormous Ether BChain and never can complete the final 250 to 300 blocks.  (I have read & tried many fixes...but it remains a pita).  

In looking for Ethereum competitors, I found an article from Medium: ”2018 Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) Platform” It compared the six top cryptos for business.  The comparison was unbiased and provided clear comparisons.  Ethereum has peaked.  Looks like best competitors are XLM (Stellar) or ARDR (Ardor). In my opinion, I would bet on ARDR due to zero transaction cost and has a solution for blockchain bloat (big issue for me). the article can be found here -> https://medium.com/@dennis_z/2018-blockchain-as-a-service-baas-platform-review-part-i-a5483321dfb8

For now, Etherum is the best solution for ICOs. So I believe it will not lose its dominance anytime soon. Surely, not this year.
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:55:57 AM

I think Ethereum developers will fix it in the future. In any case, Ethereum will not lose its dominance in the future because now everyone is making their ico on it. IMHO
Ethereum developers are working hard with the coin since the price went over a hundred dollars. There is a lot of work to be done and the price now is very low.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Reez

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:09:51 AM

So is bitcoin a pain to use. Now is it going to loose its dominance also? Just cause you aren't smart enough to use a coin doesn't means that it is going to fail.
smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:18:36 AM

I think Ethereum will still be one of the dominating altcoins this year. Its presence in the ICOs are still so much visible. Also it is one of the most popular because every investor knows it. There may be new players which can compete buth Eth will always be more competitive.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼
Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:23:29 AM

I find the fact that Bitcoin is losing its leadership. In terms of actual utility, Bitcoin is almost completely inferior to several other crypto-currencies, but most of all Ethereum. I began to realize that recently I implacably supported the position that Ethereum is a real leader.
CONTRACT

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:26:18 AM

Competitors have an etherium only in words, there really is no working platform

╞═◇═╡...CROWD MACHINE Powering the Next Generation of Blockchain App Builders...╞═◇═╡
WhitepaperLinkedinTwitterMediumTelegramYoutubeFacebookANN ThreadReddit
←←←←←←←←←←...WHITELIST Registration is OPEN...→→→→→→→→→→
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:30:28 AM

I don't see Ethereum to lose it's dominance within this year or even the coming years, most of the ico's platform are based in ethereum's platform and it will keep ethereum growing.
Marry Finch

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:31:43 AM

When one coin is better than another, by some features and no worse than in any other aspect, then it dominates that very other coin. The dominant coin can not have any value in a state of equilibrium.
MudahDanHemat

Activity: 231

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:33:51 AM

Anything could happen, even Ethereum could lose its dominance anytime. We will see about this, do not worry if ethereum replace by other platform then we just need to follow.
magle

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 09:37:58 AM

There are so many tokens launched on the ETH blockchain and as they will actually start to work and get their projects running, the traffic on the ETH blockchain will only go up. It is already the most trusted and easy to use platform for tokens, so don't get why you think it would change.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:41:10 AM

The price has dumped big time because in general, a lot of whales have cashed out their profits and moved on, but for now, Ethereum remains the ICO hub for new businesses, incubators, and startups to roll out their capitalization plans for the future ahead. I don't think we will see another platform taking over Ethereum's role just yet, not for maybe a year or two down the line. Maybe in several years we might see NEO or some other blockchain do a better job and overtake both Bitcoin and Ethereum in dominance, we shall see as time passes.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █