Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:00:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Alts with ETH or BTC  (Read 1093 times)
zeldazoo22 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:39:13 AM

It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nunoluck

Activity: 452
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:03:02 AM

It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

BTC should be the first priority. Bitcoin is the safest cryptocurrency for investment because it has the biggest market cap among all of the cryptocurrencies that exist.

tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:06:32 AM

So do you think other coins do not fluctuate? You should know that the whole crypto has a high fluctuation potential. I think your choice is correct to buy alt with btc or eth, because the best pair in trade is btc or eth.
Tree779

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:07:26 AM

I believe bitcoin fluctuates less than Eth, so if you're just looking for a coin to trade with alts, it should be BTC. But, I guess you could take a chance with Eth too.

However I find that when Eth fluctuates wildly, the alt eth prices fluctuate wildly too. So there's really no benefit in trying to game the system thinking you can get a better eth price just because you're buying/selling in eth.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:07:53 AM

Any suggestions?

Then you must prioritized the bitcoin. We know that the bitcoin is the most trusted and safest among the all cryptocurrency for the investment because we know that is the leading in the market.but it is your choice even i suggest or recommend my opinion if you can't follow my suggestion there's nothing do with my suggestion.
zeldazoo22 (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:13:29 AM

Any suggestions?

Then you must prioritized the bitcoin. We know that the bitcoin is the most trusted and safest among the all cryptocurrency for the investment because we know that is the leading in the market.but it is your choice even i suggest or recommend my opinion if you can't follow my suggestion there's nothing do with my suggestion.

I will trade with Bitcoin then, but I guess a follow up question would be, if I buy right now since it is down, do I then trade for alts or wait again for the BTC price to rise since it will be worth more on each trade? Or is that flawed logic?
Leftneck

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:17:24 AM

Any suggestions?

now alt mostly use eth. me also if buy alt use eth, because suitable according to my own for trading or invest.
honestly i have never used btc for trading or invest.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duzenn

Activity: 252

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:23:43 AM

Yes, it is a good suggestion, but I suggest you hold more BTC, because as the ICO market cooled, so for the demand of the ETH become less, ETH price will fall, so buy BTC is a good choice.

mark1220

Activity: 151

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:24:33 AM

Make priority to buy bitcoin its because of its price and you can be sure that its safe investing ,eth its safe to but i prefer to bitcoin, most user here using bitcoin to invest.
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1857

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:33:40 AM

Any suggestions?

If you are avoiding the Bitcoin and Ethereum markets because of their fluctuating or even dumping prices and shifted to altcoins then you are definitely like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. The altcoins are also suffering right now. It is not just the top ones such as Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash but also the rest of the altcoins that are decreasing in value. If I were you, I better be joining the Bitcoin and Ethereum markets right now while the prices are very affordable, because by the time the market will turn back, Bitcoin and Ethereum will be the first to lead the bullish run.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
STIKS1911

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:50:00 AM

I see more prospects in the ethereum. It is constantly evolving. As long as the ICO is on the ethereum platform, it will be in demand. The transition to POS in the near future will also have a positive impact on the growth of the ethereum.In general, the ethereum seems to me more stable and reliable.

Cryptoipad

Activity: 260

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:58:47 AM

The buying to all coin of invested in Eth or btc a good coin from buying and selling to online market process.the digital currency trading to investment on eth.Assuming you are making transaction to buy ETH immediately, the difference is negligible. However, I wanted to test this myself with current market prices to see the actual level.the general recommandation for large sums must be tho buy first BTC with your dollars and then ETH with BTC on buying. you will buy over or under the market price, so it could be both a good thing invested coin to eth to btc system.liquid for Eth used conversion, but using use to buy btc and then btc Eth conversion add another round of trading discussion on business.

Bernardo lewanusa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:12:42 AM

Any suggestions?

to buy it i use eth, because all platfrom altcoin now mostly use eth.
after using eth to buy altcoin then sell it to btc. I myself use that way.
zeldazoo22 (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:27:18 AM

If you are avoiding the Bitcoin and Ethereum markets because of their fluctuating or even dumping prices and shifted to altcoins then you are definitely like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. The altcoins are also suffering right now. It is not just the top ones such as Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash but also the rest of the altcoins that are decreasing in value. If I were you, I better be joining the Bitcoin and Ethereum markets right now while the prices are very affordable, because by the time the market will turn back, Bitcoin and Ethereum will be the first to lead the bullish run.
[/quote]

I absolutely agree and understand, but what I'm asking is if I want to diversify my portfolio a little bit while still holding onto a large percentage of BTC and ETH, how should I go about purchasing/trading for ALTS. I would like to buy and hold a few that I've researched, but what confuses me is whether I buy BTC and then trade with Alts or ETC and trade with Alts. The conversion confuses me and/or if I should trade them when BTC and ETC are High or Low.
dipan30343456

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:29:27 AM

BCT is the king of digital cryptographic currencies, especially when markets are volatile.

BTC is the wisest choice, hold some BTC and wait for the market to warm up!
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 07:29:42 AM

Any suggestions?

You HAVE to buy either Eth, LTC or BTC to buy alts, mostly Eth and BTC though. Right now BTC is down ALOT it could be a good idea to buy some
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:32:24 AM

Any suggestions?

I suggest you buy altcoin using Ethereum because usually the price of Bitcoin deposit fee is more expensive than Ethereum
cryptojohn9

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:01:26 AM

Both are the good choice if u have a long term plan then both coin selection is the good. my first choice is btc i dont know whats plan in your mind but if u buy both in reasonable price you can make profit .
profit-shooter

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:06:36 AM

It does not really matters what asset to use to purchase altcoins. The main thing here is studying technical and fundamental data and entering the market at strong support points strengthened buy good fundamental data. No one has canceled the technical analysis and I think that in future it will overwhelm the fundamental in terms of the influence on the market!
Yourlover

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:13:13 AM

Any suggestions?

I think eth is the best to buy the price now is less than 600 and with price I the perfect time to buy. I am confident with this because base on what I understand eth and bitcoin is always made a way back to recover the former highest price and also it can grow more than that.

DATABLOCKCHAIN
Merging Big Data, AI and Blockchain Tech. to bring critical Info. to the world
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: