Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:10:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Alts with ETH or BTC  (Read 1097 times)
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:28:53 PM

It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

Why choose one thing. I think that in order for your crypto portfolio to be stable, you must always have a bit of bitcoin, a little etherium, and keep some of the money in the altcoyns.

This is the right choice. There must be several different coins in your portfolio in order to reduce risks. Investing in popular coins can bring you very good profits. I also invest in bitcoin and popular altcoins.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:08:17 PM

It is amazingly confusing for me to understand whether to buy ETH or BTC to trade for ALTS. I plan on holding a good % of BTC and ETH in my portfolio, but when it comes to these fluctuating BTC and ETH prices, I'm never sure whether to buy one first to trade for ALT coins.

Any suggestions?

Then you must prioritized the bitcoin. We know that the bitcoin is the most trusted and safest among the all cryptocurrency for the investment because we know that is the leading in the market.but it is your choice even i suggest or recommend my opinion if you can't follow my suggestion there's nothing do with my suggestion.

I will trade with Bitcoin then, but I guess a follow up question would be, if I buy right now since it is down, do I then trade for alts or wait again for the BTC price to rise since it will be worth more on each trade? Or is that flawed logic?
Everything is flawed if you are only buying in at any position you want, just make sure you know how to conclude on the charts before making any decision. However, if you are buying any alt now, you may just have to wait for the whole btc bear market to die down and buy into some of the alts, or probably just buy in margins and wait for them to pick up to make your cool profit in them, but at times like this and generally, I always prefer trading bitcoin against fiat and only trading altcoins on breakout signals.
bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:21:29 PM

For start you should focus on Bitcoin. This coin is the most safety and it is a priority in such investments. So my vote is for bitcoin
vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:55:06 PM

Yes, it is a good suggestion, but I suggest you hold more BTC, because as the ICO market cooled, so for the demand of the ETH become less, ETH price will fall, so buy BTC is a good choice.
I doubt very much in your words that ETH will continue to fall. I do not think it is necessary to transfer all of my savings to the BTC. You can buy it, but you definitely need to hold ETH it in the portfolio. I think such actions will bring profit!
fedykog

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:41:08 PM

Even such a giant as the air we added to the most promising crypto currency in 2018. The ethereum, the second on the capitalization of the crypt after bitcoin, is not just a crypto currency, but a blocking technology that supports the creation of smart contracts. This, according to many observers, will allow airwaves to bypass bitcoin for capitalization in the future. The ether is also used as a gas (nuclear fuel) for the operation of decentralized applications. On this platform, in fact, it was written quite a large amount of DAPP (this is how the decentralized applications are called). The most notable DAPP is probably OmiseGo. In early 2018, the airwaves again broke the record and reached $ 1,410 per coin
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:46:12 PM

Go for bitcoin.
As it is being preferred by most projects and the 2nd one will be ETH.
While doing that you also have the chance to grow the value of it while still looking for what coin to buy.
ETH could hardly move by now, I think the popularity of NEO is growing and some are switching to the newest popular one.
razinvel

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:52:47 PM

I think it's better to buy coins connected from the ether
it is still a newer technology and more advanced than bitcoin
and even better pay attention to the coins that are in themselves, they have a bigger perspective!
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 07:57:51 PM

Most of the times I used ETH to buy altcoins. I invested in ethereum so it was easier for me to buy with it because it was already there

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
ihaveaquestion

Activity: 563
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:05:25 PM

Do you see a future where BTC isn't king? I would love to trade in ETH, as I believe ETH is a better product than BTC, but BTC is still king and will be for the foreseeable future, so you're almost stuck to buying in BTC for the alts and having a good percentage of your portfolio in BTC so you don't drown. If I am wrong please correct me. What are the alt coin gains contrasted between BTC and ETH? it seems that when BTC runs, alts along with ETH dip. When BTC dips the whole market dips. When BTC consolidates sideways, the alts run. Is there any equation for profit that doesn't utilize BTC in some way?
madtea

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:07:41 PM

At this time I would get bitcoin using cad. At the time of writing this comment, it has the highest retracement from the all time high out of the three. Unless there is major incoming news like amazon accepting litecoin or ethereum casper has been implemented, i would just choose BTC as my entry point. Then read charts of alts to find the optimal buy zone.
BountyGo
Copper Member

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:08:24 PM

Does it really matter if you're buying + trading for alt right away? I use ETH because it's fast + low fees, but I don't care that much beyond that.
lyons

Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:40:19 PM

Any suggestions?

As all of the other coins, ethereum and bitcoin has really volatile prices too. It is not an easy decision to make between this two, so, I think you should think according to current prices of them.

BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:41:54 PM

Any suggestions?

It is more a practival matter than an economic one, you just have to see which pairs and markets are more interesting and the decision will be made by itself considering fees and markets.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
1 currency now

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

a sharp sword

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:42:20 PM

Most of the times I used ETH to buy altcoins. I invested in ethereum so it was easier for me to buy with it because it was already there
Whenever I purchase Ethereum, I try to go in an exchange again then change it to Bitcoin for a higher price. There is a lot of buy orders on Ethereum.

OG member.
Brian Ray
Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:54:58 AM

Any suggestions?

Buying either ETH or BTC to trade altcoins is fine,  as long as you are buying to trade, but i prefer to buy ETH because transaction is faster and cheaper with ETH than with BTC

sunnydmd

Merit: 11

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:31:32 PM

I prefer ETH more than BTC, I consider bitcoin as an asset, not a currency to trade every day
but :')))), btc has more pairs than others main coins.
you might wanna take  a look at DOGE on yobit Cheesy, one of the main coin there.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:34:21 PM

Best one is buying altcoins with fiat. In this way you will always be in profit.
But in general times staying in eth or bitcoin is more profitable to holding an altcoin in long run.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Jiyens3

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:46:37 PM

Any suggestions?

if you just started trading with coins, I suggest you use Ethereum only. because Ethereum is the best Altcoin and able to give us good profit and enough for us to run the next trading.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
deean_3one

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:47:54 PM

Any suggestions?

For the first fixed bitcoin priority. But if you want to buy both you can. Divide 60% bitcoin and 40% ethereum.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
TheFirstCreator

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:39:54 PM

At the moment Bitcoin and Ethereum start to get out of the dump a little and I think that now it is worth buying the ETH for a long-term investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: