Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:31:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer X3 -- 220KH+ Cryponight - 550W  (Read 18851 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:31:37 PM

So folks with more 'tech cred' on this kinda thing then I have...if you could explain to me (the technically lame on this topic)

does this mean that MOSTLY these x3 machines are gonna be 'dead out of the box' doorstops when they arrive?

or are these forks gonna play out..over say a bit of time MONTHS....so that it has SOME life?

curious (did not get one..not interested)

brad

NO! Let's be honest. Monero will for and maybe also other cryptonight coins but not ALL will fork. And if you check right now the MOST profitable crypotnight coin to mine is not monero nor electroneum nor any of the coins supposed to fork. So there will always be some chances to make some profit out of the X3. not big profit but some yes.

If this was true...Scrypt-N now for knc titan miners would be pumping as an alternative to scrypt-pow now that KNC titans (only ones that do scrypt-n as asics) don't make any $$$ on LTC and scrypt-pow..thus look at all the scrypt N coins we could mine (all such coins have been dead since 2014)

afraid that this would not work that way..the coins an x3 mines...as you state above  you will ...need more of a hook than 'just' being different in a protocol...for

the x3 coins that don't fork to have any traction ...again IMHO...

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:38:46 PM

So folks with more 'tech cred' on this kinda thing then I have...if you could explain to me (the technically lame on this topic)

does this mean that MOSTLY these x3 machines are gonna be 'dead out of the box' doorstops when they arrive?

or are these forks gonna play out..over say a bit of time MONTHS....so that it has SOME life?

curious (did not get one..not interested)

brad

NO! Let's be honest. Monero will for and maybe also other cryptonight coins but not ALL will fork. And if you check right now the MOST profitable crypotnight coin to mine is not monero nor electroneum nor any of the coins supposed to fork. So there will always be some chances to make some profit out of the X3. not big profit but some yes.

You may be able to mine several thousands of other alt coins which won't fork but unless the price appreciates for those particular coin it's not profit.
Miningtry

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:12:07 AM

I guess some of the coins will be able to minine once x3 comes out, not all coins will fork.
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:26:08 AM

I guess some of the coins will be able to minine once x3 comes out, not all coins will fork.

every coin that dont fork will be destroyed by asics...just do some math what will happen if few 100MHs of the monero chain will spread over the small coins

Abrustetha

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:02:10 PM

did someone here say that not all coins are forking?

Confirmed forks
Monero
Sumo
IPBC
Masari
Dero
Graft
Electroneum
AEON

Any other coin other than those will get destroyed by the asics. Minimum exchanges, which means 0 liquidity, no where to dump the coins, so no money being made.

Dont understand when general public will learn the lesson.
You know they mine with it before getting to you
You know they only release to public when the associated networks find out
You know that majority of Devs will fork away

So please explain to me the logic of then going out, spending thousands of dollars on a glorified paperweight within a few weeks?

At least overspending on a GPU i can mine whatever i want except being pigeonholed by some 2nd hand Cryptonazi company like Bitmain etc.

Its a joke, and whoever buys one, guess what the joke is on you.
tomwrx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 12:17:15 PM

Confirmed forks
Monero
Sumo
IPBC
Masari
Dero
Graft
Electroneum
AEON

Any other coin other than those will get destroyed by the asics. Minimum exchanges, which means 0 liquidity, no where to dump the coins, so no money being made.

So please explain to me the logic of then going out, spending thousands of dollars on a glorified paperweight within a few weeks?

At least overspending on a GPU i can mine whatever i want except being pigeonholed by some 2nd hand Cryptonazi company like Bitmain etc.

There are a lot of people who have cash but are dumb, that's why they spend their easy or hard earned money for such doorstoppers like cryptonight asic's.

ALQO - A Decentralized, All-in-One Financial And Cloud Services Ecosystem.

https://alqo.app/
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:58:54 PM

yeah seems like this cryptonight machine have been profitable only to the ppl who made it.

Well the point is, why, if I produce a machine that bring me $200 per day should I sell it for $2000? I will make way more profit keeping it for myself.

The problem is that only few sellers produces/sells ASICs. So there is a strong market manipulation.

The exit way from my point of view will come when people will start to release software to use FPGA to mine. FPGA are available to the public and the software will include a share for the developer. This will fight the ASICs.
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:08:21 PM

electroneum devs wont be able to figure out how to fork lo,l
DigitalCruncher

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:57:37 PM

yeah seems like this cryptonight machine have been profitable only to the ppl who made it.

Well the point is, why, if I produce a machine that bring me $200 per day should I sell it for $2000? I will make way more profit keeping it for myself.

The problem is that only few sellers produces/sells ASICs. So there is a strong market manipulation.

The exit way from my point of view will come when people will start to release software to use FPGA to mine. FPGA are available to the public and the software will include a share for the developer. This will fight the ASICs.

Almost all FPGA-friendly algoritms are taken by ASICs in 2017.

Although it is possible to implement some popular algorithms of FPGA, there is a problem. It may require a custom and expensive  PCB in order to match the GPU performance on existing algoritms.

All existing algoritms are too easy  for ASICs but too complex for FPGA. It is hard to achieve even 1 year ROI today by using mid- and high-range development board.

So coin's developers should carefully choose algorithms to target FPGA before releasing a new coin. It is easy to create a bitstreams for a popular development boards, but it should be profitable.

bandana121

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:55:50 PM

Confirmed forks
Monero
Sumo
IPBC
Masari
Dero
Graft
Electroneum
AEON

Other than Monero have the others forked as well or are they due to?
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:07:37 PM

Confirmed forks
Monero
Sumo
IPBC
Masari
Dero
Graft
Electroneum
AEON

Just 4 or 5 coins didn't fork still. All the others forked. The ones that didn't fork will be DESTROYED by the ASICS and in a few days will have ZERO profit. Ask yourself why Baikal is selling 5 Baikal N at the price of one! LOLOLOL they are worth almost zero now.
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:32:45 PM

Hunh?  
Monero, Sumokoin, Havencoin, Stellite, IPBC, Turtle have forked

Aeon, Dero, Graft... so mostly all but ETN. is going to fork.

The more quicker people realize the fact the better.  With GPU at least you've some control on what coins you can mine.  With ASICs you're basically funding out for R&D (next Gen) for the mfg and cleaning out their warehouse inventory/space. 

It made sense during 1st or 2nd Gen of ASICs since they wouldn't have so much capital for next Gen ASICs but now they do. So, they won't hand out the best they have unless they see profits going while testing (mining) them.  I don't know what more evidence is required when you can clearly see what happened with cryptonight algo.
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:11:18 PM

X3 price $1990 shipping 01-10 May :-)

BAIKAL N (pay 1 het 5) $1900 shipping on stock 2 days :-)

Cryptonite V7 support non of them.
EricJH801

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:38:07 PM

$2000 heater....

Yay!?

(I didn't buy any of them)

X3 price $1990 shipping 01-10 May :-)

BAIKAL N (pay 1 het 5) $1900 shipping on stock 2 days :-)

Cryptonite V7 support non of them.

theinca

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:50:25 PM

Note #3 from Bitmain's X3 info page

3. One major cryptocurrency which is using CryptoNight hash function is about to change their PoW algothrim, and according to their public statement, it is purposely to brick ASIC mining rigs including X3. When you buying it, you are betting that they are wrong.

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:27:41 PM

I wonder why Bitmain's keeping their X3 prices so high even though they seem to know that practically nobody is actually going to buy these units (and XMR has ALREADY forked, so you aren't gambling on it forking anymore). The miner doesn't even ship till May, and the price is still at $1900 and hasn't budged a bit. Funnily enough they've still kept the ten-per-customer limit on the X3 too. Even the E3 at the new price of $1800 is a better buy than this, though I would suggest against buying either miner.
derkos

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:55:54 AM

New firmware, no longer doorstop?
EricJH801

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:41:53 AM

I've asked that before and the general reply was it doesn't work that way because the chip is hardcoded with that algo.  Not sure how that part works.

New firmware, no longer doorstop?

CTA513

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:05:15 AM

It looks like they took the X3 off Bitmains sales page.
theinca

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:19:26 AM

No X3’s or L3+’s either on their page. Hmm I wonder what new prices we are going to see. Did anyone notice on NiceHash that it shows you can make $140 a day with the x3?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: