Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:15:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer X3 -- 220KH+ Cryponight - 550W  (Read 18849 times)
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:48:00 AM
Merited by greyday (1)

Big markup = big profits. Would probably be < $100/day by delivery. This has to be the riskiest ASIC offering to date. Shall we flip a coin before ordering?

Huh?

It's plagiarism from this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3127974.msg32348414#msg32348414

I reported it. Seems to be the new thing for bots trying to rank up to Jr Member so they can collect them bountiez.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ant958

Activity: 148
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:16:36 PM

With the ETN fork I was wondering what is the best coin people are mining right now? Whattomine and Coinwarz only show a few coins with max say $12 per day but if you look on Nicehash at the Cryptonight pool it's paying $22 a day for the same hashrate (320khash). That tells me people are mining another cryptonight (old not v7) coin that's more profitable than $22 a day. Unfortunately X3 isn't compatible with Nicehash. I was wondering if anyone had found what that coin or coins were? I've struggled Googling around to find the best one.

I haven't seen anything over $6.50 a day. That X3 can mine.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:11:06 PM

Big markup = big profits. Would probably be < $100/day by delivery. This has to be the riskiest ASIC offering to date. Shall we flip a coin before ordering?

Huh?

It's plagiarism from this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3127974.msg32348414#msg32348414

I reported it. Seems to be the new thing for bots trying to rank up to Jr Member so they can collect them bountiez.

...and I sent you merit for it, well done. I've noticed several posts like this lately, just been ignoring them, but good to know. Smiley
greyday

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:13:26 PM

With the ETN fork I was wondering what is the best coin people are mining right now? Whattomine and Coinwarz only show a few coins with max say $12 per day but if you look on Nicehash at the Cryptonight pool it's paying $22 a day for the same hashrate (320khash). That tells me people are mining another cryptonight (old not v7) coin that's more profitable than $22 a day. Unfortunately X3 isn't compatible with Nicehash. I was wondering if anyone had found what that coin or coins were? I've struggled Googling around to find the best one.

The X3 is now roughly on par with a 4 card 1070 rig for income, the rig would be about 20% more energy efficient. That's what everyone had been saying for a while.

ASICs are great if you can get in early or if they are for a stable coin (the Litecoin and Bitcoin miners tend to be worth running for long, long periods of time, for example). The X3 will likely be a spaceheater that pays for some to most of the energy it uses by July. Z9 probably by August, depending on how many they ship. That's why batch 2 and beyond is never a good purchase unless it's for a coin you are collecting and holding.
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:51:52 PM

The X3 is now roughly on par with a 4 card 1070 rig for income, the rig would be about 20% more energy efficient. That's what everyone had been saying for a while.

ASICs are great if you can get in early or if they are for a stable coin (the Litecoin and Bitcoin miners tend to be worth running for long, long periods of time, for example). The X3 will likely be a spaceheater that pays for some to most of the energy it uses by July. Z9 probably by August, depending on how many they ship. That's why batch 2 and beyond is never a good purchase unless it's for a coin you are collecting and holding.

And yet we'll keep buying ASICs and fund BITMAIN next gen ASIC which they would sell once they do some good amount of "testing".
ant958

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:05:46 PM

And yet we'll keep buying ASICs and fund BITMAIN next gen ASIC which they would sell once they do some good amount of "testing".
  That is true.
greyday

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:30:58 AM

That is true.

Not necessarily. I mean, probably, but the next gen of GPUs will probably be the hot market for a bit, then the next gen of ASICs, with FPGAs dotting the landscapes in between both. The main problem I see is that greed outweighs efficiency; so like how the Z9 is actually really great for equihash mining because it is so much more environmentally friendly, it only will be for like a month or two, when the market is flooded with ASICs and the difficulty brings the actual income (and, as such, demand for more gear) down to something comparable to current rigs; i.e., it's not long before the Z9 will earn the equivalent amount of 300-400W energy in gpus, or roughly 4 well tuned 1070s, do right now. Which mines a lot less. And the end result isn't  amore efficient system, since most of these coins still lack much practical use. It's almost like a shell game...

But if new products are going to hit the market, it's definitely better that they are more energy efficient for short bursts than just flooding it with inefficiency I suppose. This is all why I usually advise new people to invest instead of mine; it's not an exclusivity thing, it's a practical one.

Plus being honest, I'd probably be much further ahead financially if I'd just bought Bitcoin or Ethereum with the money I've spent on mining gear, I just happen to really like learning about this stuff.
ant958

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:43:20 AM

That is true.

Not necessarily. I mean, probably, but the next gen of GPUs will probably be the hot market for a bit, then the next gen of ASICs, with FPGAs dotting the landscapes in between both. The main problem I see is that greed outweighs efficiency; so like how the Z9 is actually really great for equihash mining because it is so much more environmentally friendly, it only will be for like a month or two, when the market is flooded with ASICs and the difficulty brings the actual income (and, as such, demand for more gear) down to something comparable to current rigs; i.e., it's not long before the Z9 will earn the equivalent amount of 300-400W energy in gpus, or roughly 4 well tuned 1070s, do right now. Which mines a lot less. And the end result isn't  amore efficient system, since most of these coins still lack much practical use. It's almost like a shell game...

But if new products are going to hit the market, it's definitely better that they are more energy efficient for short bursts than just flooding it with inefficiency I suppose. This is all why I usually advise new people to invest instead of mine; it's not an exclusivity thing, it's a practical one.

Plus being honest, I'd probably be much further ahead financially if I'd just bought Bitcoin or Ethereum with the money I've spent on mining gear, I just happen to really like learning about this stuff.
Same here, but I did indeed buy coin. Mostly XLM, XRP, and ETH before buying a miner. Now I have some low price coin that I mined rather than buy. It's all a gamble like the stock market. Bought into some MJ companies TRTC and CVSI.... the two top revenue US traded companies (also a gamble since MJ still illegal federally)
greyday

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:18:17 AM

Same here, but I did indeed buy coin. Mostly XLM, XRP, and ETH before buying a miner. Now I have some low price coin that I mined rather than buy. It's all a gamble like the stock market. Bought into some MJ companies TRTC and CVSI.... the two top revenue US traded companies (also a gamble since MJ still illegal federally)

Not for long; at least, not without some sort of fascist overthrow of state governments. Medical aside, there are currently too many recreational states for the fed to do anything about it. If they wanted to, they needed to do something before California stepped up. CA is too big to take down, population wise AND financially (recently became the world's fifth largest economy, I believe).

I bought some green stocks too, but the bigger issue is that it's early days for the industry. Phillip Morris and other biggies are starting to move into it, so it's going to get...interesting. All I wish is that I could invest in the company that makes the gummies I buy up here in PDX, because damn, they're too tasty. They should really include a bag of non-edibles with them, so you can eat a bunch after they kick in without going full on psycho...

And so as not to tangent too far off topic: I think that my Z9 may be my last ASIC for a while. Just for longevity's sake, I'm not a get rich quick guy, and these are great for summer, but by late fall I'll probably just want to upgrade to whatever the new GPUs are on the market to heat my house for winter, but I will say that I love the energy efficiency of the X3, B3, and Z9, I'd gotten very used to Antminers running up my power bill with their 800-1400W monsters.

EDIT--also I do buy low on occasion, mostly just through Coinbase when BTC drops below 6, LTC below 100, that sort of thing. Generally I just let the miners do their thing, though.
ant958

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:01:18 AM

Not for long; at least, not without some sort of fascist overthrow of state governments. Medical aside, there are currently too many recreational states for the fed to do anything about it. If they wanted to, they needed to do something before California stepped up. CA is too big to take down, population wise AND financially (recently became the world's fifth largest economy, I believe).

I bought some green stocks too, but the bigger issue is that it's early days for the industry. Phillip Morris and other biggies are starting to move into it, so it's going to get...interesting. All I wish is that I could invest in the company that makes the gummies I buy up here in PDX, because damn, they're too tasty. They should really include a bag of non-edibles with them, so you can eat a bunch after they kick in without going full on psycho...

Agreed! Too many heavy hitters involved now, look at Bohner(sic). Dead set against MJ, now on the board of a big MJ consortium. Tide is changing for sure, risk reward classic and I took the risk.
greyday

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:21:47 AM

Agreed! Too many heavy hitters involved now, look at Bohner(sic). Dead set against MJ, now on the board of a big MJ consortium. Tide is changing for sure, risk reward classic and I took the risk.

I always buy stock in what I personally use: Apple (macbook, mini, and iphone), Diageo (Lagavulin), Tesla (ok, I don't own a Tesla, but I want one!), Umpqua (I bank there), AMD/Nvidia (mining), weed stocks (duh)...
ant958

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:40:35 PM

I always buy stock in what I personally use: Apple (macbook, mini, and iphone), Diageo (Lagavulin), Tesla (ok, I don't own a Tesla, but I want one!), Umpqua (I bank there), AMD/Nvidia (mining), weed stocks (duh)...
 I hear ya,  I don't use weed, but bought quite a bit of stock in 2 companies. Tesla is also on my future car list, liked it from day one. One other stock I bought @ 10, and 11 is STM (took out 1/3 of my gov. savings...100k to buy it) the world leader for system on a chip. I sold around 24, but think it will go to $50.
If my weed stocks will cooperate, I'm looking to buy back into STM. That chip is in the iphone among thousands of other things.
ant958

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:02:50 PM

What's everyone mining now with the X3? I tried DERO but with their convoluted wallet system, things weren't being credited.

Went back to BCN since they share  5-10% of any blocks you find in ADDITION to your regular mining payments. bytecoin.uk
greyday

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:18:21 PM

What's everyone mining now with the X3? I tried DERO but with their convoluted wallet system, things weren't being credited.

Went back to BCN since they share  5-10% of any blocks you find in ADDITION to your regular mining payments. bytecoin.uk

Try it out and let us know how it compares to, say, Fairhash. I don't think it sounds scammy, I'm just skeptical about the numbers they post on their front page.

Then again, at like $6/day as long as you're earning near that it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other I suppose.
ant958

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:23:48 PM

Try it out and let us know how it compares to, say, Fairhash. I don't think it sounds scammy, I'm just skeptical about the numbers they post on their front page.

Then again, at like $6/day as long as you're earning near that it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other I suppose.

Seems to be working as advertised, found 2 blocks and was paid for both. Fairhash wants a 1% fee for bytecoin.

Also noticed that bytecoin is about 500k away from its max supply.
greyday

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:39:49 PM

Seems to be working as advertised, found 2 blocks and was paid for both. Fairhash wants a 1% fee for bytecoin.

Huh. Wonder what happens then? I guess we'll find out before long...
ant958

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:14:33 AM

Huh. Wonder what happens then? I guess we'll find out before long...

From what I've seen so far, mining transactions continues, but no telling whether the price will go up or down for the coin.
JCS-CCT

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:37:11 PM

Updated list of X3 friendly coins:

Bytecoin (BCN)
DigitalNote (XDN)
Monero Classic (XMC)
Monero Original (XMO)
Sumokoin (SUMO)
Bitsum (BSM)

ant958

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:11:22 PM

Updated list of X3 friendly coins:

Bytecoin (BCN)
DigitalNote (XDN)
Monero Classic (XMC)
Monero Original (XMO)
Sumokoin (SUMO)
Bitsum (BSM)

I tried DERO but quit after a few hours. Doing bytecoin now.

Thanks
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:32:22 PM

Unbelievable. This Doorstopper dropped from 200usd per day (when you guys bought it) to 4usd per day today! Wow
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: