Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:02:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs bounties suck...do not believe them  (Read 1840 times)
blockmanity (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 08:07:09 AM

I run a media company, and deal with a lot of ICOs. What I noticed was that all these ICOs want top-notch articles & videos about them but they insist on paying in their token or want it for free. They think they are doing a service by giving bounties. What they don't realize is that their token is useless most of the time. Most of the bounties done by ICOs are bad.

Like:

1) Write 500-1000 words article on us for 300 of my useless tokens (which won't be coming on an exchange and will be used only on our platfrom. And you won't get free service but 25% discount Smiley )
2) Or make a 5 min video for us and post it on your YouTube. You need to have 5000+ subscribers and praise us to get our useless tokens.

I am not making fun of any ICO, just pointing a fact out on how these tokens are just polluting the market.

If you are an ICO or running an ICO, please pay the right price in a currency that works (Eth, BTC, Euro etc). Your tokens are useless for agencies. They take out their time and resources to make a good campaign for you.

Secondly, if your ICO does not have money..it should be red flagged for a potential scam.

What are your thoughts? Are bounties good or bad?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daily ico news

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 03:47:52 PM

Shocked
Jr.

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:56:11 PM

The way you put your statement is bad, bounties are not force to anyone, that is why it is open for interested individual, and yes you are right an ICO who will raise a fund with out fund themselves is scam since all businesses started all their business with a big capital to ensure that the project will surely bloom after its opening.

tge.HORYOUToken.io    ■))   BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▐ ███████████████   JOIN THE TGE   《《《 ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Kennyflex

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:58:19 PM

In my opinion, bounties are not forced any anyone. So, you either u choose to participate or not
Yara1996

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:02:52 PM

Absolutely agree with you!
I've been thinking about this for a long time, at first there were such ICO who gave a good profit and now a lot of scams!

randomhumster

Activity: 97
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:05:10 PM

First of all, projects in top 100 of CMC were ICOs in the past. They had bounties and those who held bounty tokens up to January 2018 had a huge profit. Start checking ICO before participating in bounty. Take responsibility for yourself and your decisions.

Second, most of articles and videos submitted to a bounty are as scammy as ICO. People just post highlights from whitepaper on their blog with like 50 subscribers. Why anyone should pay for that?
Be_Happy

Activity: 518
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:06:17 PM

There are many low-paying projects and scammers, but nobody forces you to help them promote the project by participating in the bounty. You choose the bounty in which you are interested to participate.

Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:10:20 PM

Well there are really shitty ICO's to begin with but most of them paid, but the problem is that most of the time, their tokens become 0 value overtime so if you choose to hold, then you might be end up losing the tokens that they have paid you in your work.

Also, you can work with them and ask you to pay in fiat instead of token. And you also have the right to not accept ICO if you deemed that their tokens could potentially have 0 value.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:14:14 PM

This market is arranged so, You want to do, do not want to do not do it. If you refuse, there are 10 other people who will do your job. At the moment there is a boom in this market. I'm very interested in what will happen in early 2019.
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:15:41 PM

It is a freelancing work. It is not by force to do publicity or participate in the bounty campaign. I have participated in so many bounty campaign and I have make a reasonable amount of money through the campaign. Have in mine that it is not all that will be successful and promising in the market.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
FrontierObscura

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 04:16:13 PM

well, its crypto equivalent of designer work vs "publicity" Cheesy
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:20:20 PM

Why u say about bounty,that?Not all bounty is bad and if u dont like dont partcipate thats easy,but if u want to get nice reward for ur work just check information first for that project where u participate!First check idea about project,names,surnames where the base office is,bounty pool im doing bounty where is bounty pool 300k to 500k in tokens!

elusive1

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:25:40 PM

My main job is connected with the production of medicines, it's the same thing that if I were paid a salary with pills! But this market is so arranged that we get only tokens. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully select the bounty campaign.
kojoannan

Activity: 294

www.daxico.com

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:27:31 PM

There are plenty of ICOs that pay in Bitcoins or Ether and it can be found right here on this forum. No ICOs, beg any one  to do advert for them, they request applicant to apply and they agreed to be payed in tokens which will be used in either their platform or be sold on an exchange, if it get listed.

BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:29:34 PM

Unfortunately, the ICO is already over. Now, very rarely, we see really high-quality projects, and investing in these projects is very difficult because they have hardcaps in a very short period of time. But bounty programs are just another way to earn an income. If the project is taken, it is paid for, but if not, all the labor is gone. For that reason, I take the risk and support all transactions and investments.
Andwarchik

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:44:18 PM

It is good idea, but I think that many companies don't support this idea, and a lot of people will participate in! And the only thing that will change is that you won't earn even useless tokens!

C O U N T I N G H O U S E   ⧼  Forex & Crypto-Currency Hedge Fund  ⧽
https://www.countinghousefund.com/
KryptoKnight78

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:45:44 PM

I run a media company, and deal with a lot of ICOs. What I noticed was that all these ICOs want top-notch articles & videos about them but they insist on paying in their token or want it for free. They think they are doing a service by giving bounties. What they don't realize is that their token is useless most of the time. Most of the bounties done by ICOs are bad.

Like:

1) Write 500-1000 words article on us for 300 of my useless tokens (which won't be coming on an exchange and will be used only on our platfrom. And you won't get free service but 25% discount Smiley )
2) Or make a 5 min video for us and post it on your YouTube. You need to have 5000+ subscribers and praise us to get our useless tokens.

I am not making fun of any ICO, just pointing a fact out on how these tokens are just polluting the market.

If you are an ICO or running an ICO, please pay the right price in a currency that works (Eth, BTC, Euro etc). Your tokens are useless for agencies. They take out their time and resources to make a good campaign for you.

Secondly, if your ICO does not have money..it should be red flagged for a potential scam.

What are your thoughts? Are bounties good or bad?

Something of a pretty generalized statement, maybe you just haven't encountered well run campaigns or good ICOs.
imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 04:49:13 PM

LOL kinda true, i did some bounty few months ago, tweet, article, etc 2 months of work, got around 375 tokens, which current value in the market is $5. Like seriously? 2 months of tweets, wrote 500 words articles, all those for $5 token?

tutorroma

Activity: 255

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:54:21 PM

ICO really has too many deception. Some projects have only one goal to get into the exchange. Such projects usually describe the white paper perfectly. Now the market is very low. At this time we should be more careful about the ICO and the bad team will waste a lot of our time.

megi440c

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:54:59 PM

I also think that ICO is really very little. most ICOs are fraudulent and they only seek profit from investors and they make bounty participants their weapons to attract investors.
I think something like this should be a filter that does allow the correct ICO in this forum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  All
  Print  

Jump to: