Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:17:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
FreeJack2k

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:48:40 AM

The laws in the UK are not as friendly toward consumers as they are in the US...they seem to protect the business before the consumer. That's been my experience, pursuing satisfaction through lawyers there on this issue. I'm quite confident there IS no Alpha Technology anymore, though. They appear to have given up even maintaining the illusion that anything is happening. I follow this thread just in case there's any news, but there hasn't been anything since like January.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:36:41 PM

Well I hope you're able to recover something.  This does not appear to have started as a scam, but it sure ended up with the same result.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 01:33:59 AM

The laws in the UK are not as friendly toward consumers as they are in the US...they seem to protect the business before the consumer. That's been my experience, pursuing satisfaction through lawyers there on this issue. I'm quite confident there IS no Alpha Technology anymore, though. They appear to have given up even maintaining the illusion that anything is happening. I follow this thread just in case there's any news, but there hasn't been anything since like January.

People who sued kncminer in Sweden found this out as well. Seems after KNC took peoples pre-order cash and filled up their data hall for 4 months with Neptunes  and then
started shipping..well..the results for Neptune users was terrible. They may have gotten another 4-5 months of some use with the BTC difficulty pump at that time but probably
only got 1/4 of their money back before they went doorstops. KNC Titan (scrypt) miners also late and shoddy built. I think 100 folk sued them. In Sweden only those 100
could ever be compensated and also if you lost you paid the damages of KNC and law firm fees and penalty.

KNC kept saying in the class action all they had to do (after the fact of this not being mentioned while they were selling them to everyone) is just SAY ..the company that is..

JUST say 'all our customers are a business'. Because Swedish law has this loophole to get around strict EU consumer protection ....they won and the folk in the lawsuit

paid 1,500 per titan to the lawyers up front and about 5k to knc after the fact in penatlies.

And I thought USA consumer protection sucked.

I bring this up because for all I know under UK law this is more or less the same. Although it seems NO ACTION is the rule for UK law with Alpha Tech.

Live and learn I guess. Damn lucky I got a refund thru Amex but again that is because they lied to Amex and on the form said I paid in full for a product that
did not exist. When my docs to Amex proved it was 1/3 down. A pissed off Amex fraud rep is a handy thing to have at that point let me tell you.

anyway they are gone to the wind....likely back to India proper if I had to guess...in that 'they said' that was where the alpha units were being made

It seems a common  worldwide problem. Live an learn. Glad I passed on the knc lawsuit thou.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:19:11 PM

I did my best proofing it was a scam from day one... posting pictures from there shop (they where horrible).

Still people pre-ordered, i guess rich people blind my greed.

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 08:23:19 AM

I did my best proofing it was a scam from day one... posting pictures from there shop (they where horrible).

Still people pre-ordered, i guess rich people blind my greed.

lmao!!
Mick666

Activity: 162

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 11:51:59 AM

http://theukdebtcollector.com/submit-debt/
alexfgT

Activity: 227

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:45:36 PM

there are those who have returned 100% of the money?
SaintRocketis

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 05:07:18 PM

I got 100% back, but I did it thru credit card when they missed their first deadline and were acting shady and changed the terms.  Been 2 years.

No updates since January 2016.  They aren't going to deliver.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 04:26:54 AM

there are those who have returned 100% of the money?

Same got a credit card (amex) refund. The 1st dispute with amex failed. But they 2nd went through when I showed them the invoice
they got from alpha saying 'paid in full' and I pointed out it was really a 'pre-order' that was NOT the full price

The amex rep was pissed let me tell you..refunded me within an hour....probably 3 months after the 45 day deadline by the time all was done

that was also 2 years ago

but anyway for further reference....if this happens on some other item you get you can dispute again

side note: indigogo you always LOSE with amex and paypal..none of their stuff is covered be warned....tried to get 'btc ticker' for 79 buck and
was ripped off..just again as a side note...(not the btc ticker on bitcointalk here he is legit..the one I tired to get looked like a clock radio)
live an learn..

sorry about your lost $$$

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
linenoise

Activity: 304
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 06:40:33 AM

A friend spoke to a law firm, this is the response they gave

"We have recently discovered that another creditor has presented a winding up petition against Alpha which has been listed for hearing in the Manchester District Registry on 23 January 2017.

A winding up petition is a request that the court order the winding up of Alpha on the basis that it is unable to pay its debts.

It is possible to support or oppose a winding up petition and you should look regularly at the London Gazette within which the creditor will advertise the petition. This will give the details of who any intention to support / oppose should be sent."

I haven't found any further info
cisengineer

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:42:32 AM

Now it's Brexit's fault our miners were not delivered years ago....or something

Greetings Miners!

Company Update

First of we would like to apologize sincerely for the delayed update, 2016 has been a hectic year for us to say the least. We have been through company restructuring, change of design teams and dealing with the consequences Brexit had on us.

We have always been honest with our delays, transparency has always been our company policy from day one. We understand there have been points of darkness in our updates, but we have always been working in the background to get to this stage. There have been some rumors circulating stating we stopped development due to funds or have no intention to deliver, but that is definitely not the case.

As Britain leaving the EU was announced the value of the pound dropped significantly. This had an affect on us as we deal purely internationally with all our suppliers. However, over the last few months as a company we have restructured a lot of our financial services and deals with suppliers to negate these affects. Where a lot of companies in this sector threw in the towel due to a list of different reasons, we are resilient to deliver what we promised.

The Director of Alpha Technology, at this point has personally invested more money into the company, and has not profited from this project. Contrary to some rumors circulating we can assure you as a company we are well-funded to complete  this project and keep our R and D services continuing in the years to come.

When we started this project, we received huge support and positivity in regards to our transparency. Our customer's felt apart of the developmental process and loved our regular updates regardless of delays or hiccups in production.  And those loyal customer's are still with us and we are now in a position to provide regular updates till we ship in the year 2017.

The reason for the delays we had been relying on our Indian design partners for many years who had constantly delayed us and designed a very fragile system at a very high cost. When starting a design that starts from ASIC to system design, it's usually best to stick to your original designer's as they are familiar with the system. We had first attempted to move to a UK based design company as our last year update suggested. However, this did not pan out as the original system design was so flawed it was impossible to improve it unless a whole re-design was done. As a company quality is more important than cost to us, so we have sourced the best teams in the world when it comes to design and manufacturing.

It has taken us some months now to move-over our partners, but our new Taiwanese designers have made leaps and bounds in development. We have done in these few months what the previous Indian design team had attempted to do in 2 years. Therefore, we do not expect any more significant delays going forward.

Technical Update

We are totally upgrading our mining system, the old design we have shown previously has been totally revamped and upgraded in every single way, from board design to enclosure design. One of the main features in our mining-system besides our custom ASIC chip are the dc regulators (power supply). We are currently testing and validating 2 custom DC DC design options. The PCB's are 6 layers with very fine details, so it takes longer to produce than the standard boards.

We are doing all the BGA mounting in-house at our design teams premises. As you can see in the below image (example of one prototype board) the board has 2 x DC DC custom designs for testing purposes. and we will test them both to see the most power efficiency and stability. You can see how this design plan is custom rather than our previous board's where we used ready-made modules. This provides us with custom power regulation according to what we require of our Scrypt miners.

mak_top

Staying powered on for long periods of time, and the specific requirements from our custom ASIC chips requires a custom power design so we can maximize efficiency in our products. Majority of other miner's we have seen on the market have had problems with power regulation and system durability. As other companies tend to use cheaper low quality designs, and building the rest of the system around these shortcomings.

We may have been delayed in our shipping but we always promised ourselves we would rather delivery an up to date product according to 2017, rather than an obsolete product for quick delivery. The custom-system design we are doing is very unique and not minimalist like majority of other Miner's on the market. Just like we were the first to announce and research the feasibility of Scrypt Miner's. We are similarly making breakthroughs in advanced custom system designs which we have not seen in the market at all. The custom DC regulator is just the start, we will provide regular updates on our unique advanced system.

We hope our loyal customer's will be satisfied with our new system, and the boundaries we have had to overcome to get to this stage.

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team
alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 04:58:28 AM

Greetings Miners!

Company Update

yada yada yada

fluff fluff fluff

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

they're going to say that they finally have a 250Mhz miner and it only consumes 400 watts... you just need to pay $3000 for it.

and they'll send us an L3  ..  Roll Eyes
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 05:33:33 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2017, 05:43:38 AM by Searing

Greetings Miners!

Company Update

yada yada yada

fluff fluff fluff

Best Regards,

Alpha Technology Team

they're going to say that they finally have a 250Mhz miner and it only consumes 400 watts... you just need to pay $3000 for it.

and they'll send us an L3  ..  Roll Eyes

I don't see a plug for more money. (maybe on their main page) the only reason imho you are seeing this dribble still coming out is that they are trying to keep the
law at bay and not go to jail. They always have said projected shipping etc..thus they play this game you will get your alpha miner when you get it (2040 maybe?)

Kinda a lame attempt to keep out of jail imho. I thought also they went bankrupt thus protected and can say they are 'reshuffling' to get such out.

Without knowing if they are trying to sell or not a pre-order product (will have to look at their evil main page again) again the only reason I can see
them doing this stuff..is to keep the law at bay.

no one is foolish enough that they will ever get a product out..I mean it has been 3 years since they first announced it Feb 2014 I think it was.

what a farce.....off to look at page and see if above is true (not selling anything) or trying to do both..keep law at bay and selling stuff

well nothing different on the www page still out of stock.. again the only angle I can see is this keeps the law away Sad

link to those who want to see these scammers

https://alpha-t.net/

big whoop 50mh scrypt miners. You can get used GAW miners at 40mh for 50 bucks and shipping on eBay. This just has to be to keep them out of jail. No one is
that deluded without a reason.

(then again it is easy to tweak the above webpage for 'imaginary products' in a pre-order format and 'no returns' ....we will see Smiley

Glad I got my amex refund (2nd dispute..I lost the first one) because they claimed I paid in full (summer of 2014?) Amex is not amused on pre-orders paid in full
with only 1/3 down and you lie like alpha did and say it was for the full amount. Got paid back the same day. Only time I heard an Amex person ...almost swear..they
were motivated and pissed off...I think they really live for going after scammers..fun times at the amex desk. Anyway hope others on here pulled off the same
and the dibble above is just that dribble with no consequences.

Racer8

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 08:37:23 AM

You can raise a dispute with Paypal.  If enough people do it they may do something about it.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:29:29 AM

You can raise a dispute with Paypal.  If enough people do it they may do something about it.

Been tried way back when in 2014. paypal and amex  45 day limit on such. Also 30 days after that in dispute. How I lost my first dispute.
Got it thru my 2nd dispute with Amex (paypal told me to go away) in that Alpha neglected to say

1) it was a pre-order never arrived

2) I only paid partial payment for something that never arrived

3) Alpha said I paid in full

Thus got lucky....others tried after me, I got an extension after the 45 days and 30 days by keeping the dispute
process alive....that and the fact 'thou shall not try to pull a fast one on Amex'

others that have asked UK about this was told, no one was to be found. I also heard they have bankruptcy protection.

Thus they are just pumping this crap to keep out of jail I still think....

Kinda wish they did get a product out to those who ordered..that means my odds of being Natalie Portman's love puppet would still have a shot Smiley

fightalpha

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 10:00:25 AM

Believe it or not people are still suing and winning. http://fightalpha.net

You can raise a dispute with Paypal.  If enough people do it they may do something about it.

Been tried way back when in 2014. paypal and amex  45 day limit on such. Also 30 days after that in dispute. How I lost my first dispute.
Got it thru my 2nd dispute with Amex (paypal told me to go away) in that Alpha neglected to say

Thus got lucky....others tried after me, I got an extension after the 45 days and 30 days by keeping the dispute
process alive....that and the fact 'thou shall not try to pull a fast one on Amex'

others that have asked UK about this was told, no one was to be found. I also heard they have bankruptcy protection.

Kinda wish they did get a product out to those who ordered..that means my odds of being Natalie Portman's love puppet would still have a shot Smiley

Racer8

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 10:30:42 AM

http://fightalpha.net is great!  Did see this though, not sure if it's still current?
"Yes, many people have started a claim. Be sure to call paypal if you paid that way.. that's super important.. they're keeping a list and if you're on it you'll get a full refund if they prosecute Alpha."
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:37:35 PM

http://fightalpha.net is great!  Did see this though, not sure if it's still current?
"Yes, many people have started a claim. Be sure to call paypal if you paid that way.. that's super important.. they're keeping a list and if you're on it you'll get a full refund if they prosecute Alpha."

Good to know...but I think it has been around for awhile..unsure what progress if any they have made. Good luck. I'll pass the link around to any who ask yet.

Zeta0S
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 08:57:19 PM

You can raise a dispute with Paypal.  If enough people do it they may do something about it.
To long ago

Zeta0S
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 08:58:36 PM

There is a new miner out!
The Bitmain Antminer L3 250mhs/400watt/230volt/
source: http://www.bitcoinupdate.nl/home/genesis-mining-heeft-nu-ook-scrypt-mining

Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: