Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:32:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Working smart vs working hard - an ultimate guide  (Read 1951 times)
Hell-raiser (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:06:37 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2018, 09:36:29 AM by Hell-raiser

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:06:47 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2018, 09:38:38 AM by Hell-raiser
Merited by paxmao (1)

In this post I'm collecting interesting ideas, thoughts, and insights related to the topic, which are discussed somewhere in the thread.

working hard without being smart is a waste of effort, you will just be on your work for the rest of your life.

The thing which everyone should learn while still in the cradle. Essentially, working hard is a waste of life.

You have a point man. Actually I have been hearing this sort of argument even when I was still a child. My father will always tell us to work smart, and make money out of money. And when I grow up, I did work hard, but I later realized that I don't want to be worker that long. I need something to help me became financial stable in the future. So I decided to quit my job, put my offline business. Although I still need to wake up early and oversee everything, I did enjoy what I'm doing and the best thing, I'm the boss. LOL. But there's some kind of element in luck as well. I don't know but I felt that I'm just lucky because suddenly I gain financial freedom and then when I discovered bitcoin, it give me another leeway, more funds for me to channel to my business. So I say that you have to make the right decision + element of luck = success in your life. You have to be in the right place at the right time.

Informative post.

Even when we have heard several talks about working smart, but a lot of people are still work hard thinking that someone will have to teach them to work smart or they are thinking they are working smart. Quite a number of times, I am always taken aback when I begin to imagine what people spend their time on to earn money, struggle, use their strength but nothing to show for it while they are left with no other option than to believe in miracles in other to come out of penury. However, working smart is not something that falls on you or easy to come by, rather its a conscious effort to break away from the shackles of poverty with constant research and education, you are sure to work smart and be financially independent.

Another informative post.

What do you mean by working smarter?

I will try to explain the difference between working hard and working smart using an example from software development. Let's assume you have a large set of data which you should sort (arrange elements of the dataset in a certain order). You can take a naive approach and use a bubble sort algorithm which is devastatingly slow. Or you can use something like the quicksort algo which is extremely fast. In the end you will get the same result but times spent will be strikingly different. Now you can try to apply this example to real life.

I don't think that relying on luck is smart. It is truly risky. I think that smart work is rather about thorough development of the ideas, high level of rational success predictability, not luck attraction.

I see your point and I don't particularly disagree with it. But I didn't mean you should rely on or hope for luck alone. You can continue to work hard for your boss as always and still be looking for an opportunity or chance to change your life dramatically to the better. Let's loosely call that working wise. Basically, all I wanted to say was to emphasize that you shouldn't discard or write off the importance of luck completely. Ignoring a stroke of luck when it happens all of a sudden against all odds would be the most foolish idea that you will likely regret for the rest of your life. In this manner, it makes sense to work toward increasing your chances of meeting Lady Fortune one day. For example, if you want to be romantically involved with someone, it means visiting places where your chances of starting a romantic acquaintance are the highest.

I also think you are wrong when you talk about luck. Because your boss (and those of very large companies) are perfectly aware that they are in such position thanks to their luck. So they tend to close their network, to make golden paths that lead to domination... and are completely unaccessible for anyone out of their private "leading sphere".

Frankly, I don't see where I'm wrong here when I mention luck and that you should not only take it into account as a possibility and be prepared to take advantage of it when it pops up, but in fact act toward increasing your chances of encountering it. If you mean that your boss is somehow depriving you of any chance of meeting luck in your life, I think this is simply impossible because it goes against the nature of luck. In other words, luck is something which is not supposed to happen but still happens, and whatever you or they do to close the doors to it, luck will overcome all the roadblocks in the end because it is in its very nature.

I agree that you will need both. Earning money in this world is easy once you have a good network of contacts and good capital, but at the beginning it's a nightmare.

Once we reach a certain point we can move towards passive income and work less, when we have a great amount of capital, and spend more time with family, travel and things like that. It all depends on what you want to do. If we worked hard and smart enough in some years we won't need to work anymore, you will then decide if you want to work for fun or do something else.

I know that the idea of working for fun sounds like crazy for a lot of people, but if you like what you do, then it's not so crazy.

No, it doesn't sound like crazy. Actually, you came up with an idea of a passive income, which I haven't yet seen coming up in this thread, well, not in the part that I was able to push through yet. If anything, working smart can be defined as an activity directed towards building more sources of passive income. That's an interesting idea anyway. It seems like this is the ultimate goal of working smart, that is doing more with less until you don't need to do anything in the end. And if you are a smart guy, you won't stop there, so I emphatically agree with your attitude and point of view.

A lot of people overestimate their importance.

Yeah, that's the point I want to emphasize massively and which I wholeheartedly agree with. Maybe, it is the first thing you should do before you start off on a working smart journey, I mean, correctly assess you abilities and whether you are actually as smart as you think you are as well as finding your smart spots and sticking around them. That idea should be definitely added to the piggy bank of ideas making your life easier and wealthier.

When you are only working smart, chances of success are high if you have enough luck to turn things under your favor and working hard may only make you stronger in that field and not rich. So, according to me both aspects of working hard and smart should be taken together. Success and fortune can't just ring you door bell, its like wining a lottery ticket where chances of wining are very low. So, for achieving success and fortune one should work hard with smart brains to stay ahead of everyone in their field.  

The chances of wining a lottery are really low but that's not the kind of luck I'm talking about in this thread. I'm talking about smaller luck which everyone has encountered in their life without exception at some point and most likely missed it many times throughout their lifetime. We all have opportunities which are presented to us on a rather casual or regular basis. We miss them for different reasons, for example, because we don't see them as genuine opportunities at the moment when we meet them. Or it could be that we just don't believe in our lucky star and discard luck right away as something completely impossible, which is as stupid, if not more. This is the point which I want to highlight here.

Working smart is applying the simplest ways to earn huge income while doing it in a less effort like you just only working for 3-5 hours but the return is 10x compared to working very hard but the salary is not big enough to the services that you rendered, but I think you need to combine these two to make your life easier work hard in a smart way.

It doesn't come down just to earning huge income while getting there with less effort. Rather, I'd say working smart can be conceptualized as achieving some desired outcome doing nothing altogether in the limit, likely even as an off-target effect of a series or even an avalanche of other off-target effects. On the other hand, working hard is the opposite of working smart (which is kinda obvious, huh), and in the limit means doing everything and still getting nothing. To me, this is where lies the great divide between working smart versus working hard.

I think it is better to work smart because life is all about resourcefulness, on how you finish the task smartly. for example, i saw a picture last week about working hard vs. working smart. a cube should be moved to the other side of the path and the other person pushed it towards the path, the other carved it into sphere so it will be easily pushed. In that way he reduced effort and time on doing the work. With that, you will have more time and energy to do many things.

That's a very interesting observation. It reminds me of a saying which is attributed to Abraham Lincoln who asked to give him six hours to chop down a tree and he would spend the first four sharpening the axe. The lesson to take home is that before fully engaging in your working activity, think first how you can make the job in the most efficient way so that you wouldn't waste hours or even days doing what can be done with less effort and in a shorter time span.

Hardworking is to enrich your boss. I think this idea is only true when you go to work for others, But if you do business for yourself, I think diligence is essential. About Intelligence, In my opinion, Do whatever you need to have the best analysis of the market, so if you are smart you will analyze the market more accurately, helping you minimize risk. Being smart and hardworking will help you succeed in your job.

With wage labor the negative aspects of hard working become clear and evident without further explanation, kind of obvious. But it doesn't mean that if you are working hard for yourself only, you will fare much better. The point is when you work for the boss, it is your boss who takes the smart work from you and does it himself. But when you are your own boss, then you have to work smart by default if you want to stay in the business.

Also, let us not over emphasize only on being smart alone, because opportunity, luck and hard work also have a part to play in your being smart. One thing I have come to understand in life is that we cannot all have equal opportunity which makes smart people sometimes to still end up being successful on different levels.

Luck and the opportunities it offers are what we should never forget of, the point which I specifically highlight in the OP. Sometimes, in fact, oftentimes, luck is what radically changes our life. Truth to be told, it is exactly because of luck that we as individual persons came into this world having been chosen by it from around a billion of other "candidates", so, in a sense, we were all born under a lucky star via our very existence. And if our life started with luck, we shouldn't discard it during our lifetime either. Discarding luck would be as stupid as relying just on it alone, but in the end (as well as in the beginning) it all comes down to luck.

You are 100% right. I completely agree that people should work smart everytime. Life is unfair and there is no way to refute that, that's why we all need to find a strategy or if not a loophole in the system to make our place in life a notch higher. One must use brains and adapt depending on the environment and factors around him or her. Sometimes even those with fewer resources came up to rise as they know how to play their cards and not just take life as a shotgun shot. Work smart and play hard and no drama, that's what I follow in work.

I really liked the way you put it: work smart and play hard. I also massively agree with your other point regarding people who may have fewer resources (brains, industry, dedication, propensity, whatever that might mean) but who still manage to rise higher in life simply because they know how to play their cards.

Between working hard and working smart; I will tell you that working smart is the best and it really pays. But most people don't know about this or don't believe in that ideology. They believe working day and night, leaving the office at late hour after everyone is gone is the way wealth. All that is just nothing but stress activators. When you do things the smart way; you stay healthy to enjoy the fruit of your labor but if the other way, the person might die even before the wealth start coming in.

That's another interesting point worthy of mentioning. I know that I may sound a bit arrogant here but such is life. We are able to work smart because someone else has chosen (or been chosen) to work hard. If people honestly believe that working all day long and leaving the office at late hour (and also working at weekends, why not, really) is good, such is their choice. Or rather someone else's (that would be their boss in this case) who was smart enough to successfully make them believe that they are doing the right thing for themselves, while, in reality, they are doing the right thing for their boss. This is a nice and revealing example how smart work differs from hard work.

It could be generalized in the following way. As much as you are aware of the circumstances, you work for yourself (circumstances work for you). On the flip side, as much as you are unaware of the circumstances, you work for someone else (circumstances work you). The evident conclusion is that working smart is working for yourself (in general terms), even if you are a typical office rat.
vergel24official

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:53:17 AM

Working smart can save time rather than working hard. Because it's more time saving if you work smart you can able to determine whether it is time to invest or not.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1492
Merit: 326

🐪

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 10:01:29 AM

I think you must always try to find position in life where you can have lot of options open, and try to be smart/informed enough to choose the best one it given moment.
But first you must know what you want and be clear in your goals.
When your goals are clear, you won't waste time on unnneccessary things anymore.

When you are unexperienced you must work hard, and working smart will come with time.

Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:05:55 AM

Being smart is about making smart choices. Its about making the right decision, the right step or the right choice. Smart people move up the ladder real fast. They also are the ones that have great cars, lot of money, and everything else the rest of us desire.

One should be smart enough to know where to do the hard work in order to achieve the success or the desired goal. If everywhere you keep working hard and not getting results means their is some flaw in the system or in our self and we need to know that so exactly we can focus on our work and work hardly to achieve it.

Yes, I support this view. You should be smart to realize that you are basically wasting your time, not receiving what you consider worth the effort applied. It seems to be a prerequisite for changing your approach or attitude toward your work. But in this thread it is kinda assumed, meaning we all want more for less. With that in mind, I daresay that the fault or deficiency is always inside of us even if working smart requires changing your environment completely, like changing your job. In other words, we would still need some internal disagreement or dissatisfaction with the status quo, while the lack of this dissatisfaction, or not enough of it, is that deficiency in this particular case.
Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:42:51 AM

When you are only working smart, chances of success are high if you have enough luck to turn things under your favor and working hard may only make you stronger in that field and not rich. So, according to me both aspects of working hard and smart should be taken together. Success and fortune can't just ring you door bell, its like wining a lottery ticket where chances of wining are very low. So, for achieving success and fortune one should work hard with smart brains to stay ahead of everyone in their field.   

The chances of wining a lottery are really low but that's not the kind of luck I'm talking about in this thread. I'm talking about smaller luck which everyone has encountered in their life without exception at some point and most likely missed it many times throughout their life. We all have opportunities which are presented to us on a rather casual or regular basis. We miss them for different reasons, for example, because we don't see them as genuine opportunities at the moment when we meet them. Or it could be that we just don't believe in our lucky star and discard luck right away as something completely impossible, which is as stupid, if not more. This is the point which I want to highlight here.
Bitlord88

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:15:29 AM

Work hard so that your time isn't wasted and that you'll learn how to further improve your gameplay. After then you have work smart so that you'll be up above the competition. You can work Hard all day everyday but without a goal or thinking about how everything goes you cannot progress or get promoted. Both go hand in hand and both are needed for success.
jakagintiri

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

www.coinxes.io

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:35:10 AM

For me it is a very nice blend because both are in dire need for success, have one thing in common that is closely related. I think the good view you see from the positive side.

Chint_82

Activity: 165
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:47:16 AM

I am interested in your words before it remains in the environment that will provide the highest chance for success, I am also until now still looking for the most fitting circumstances and provide my opportunities for it, keep the spirit of success, and good luck
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:27:22 AM

I think a lot of people work hard because they don't really know how to work smart. By this I mean that people must learn to do a little research first and then start working. Sometimes people spend a lot of time trying to solve a problem, that was already solved by someone else. Working hard is like needing a wheel and inventing it first, instead of using something that was already created. This way they would be able to do a much better job, if they worked smart. In terms of programming, I've always heard that a lazy programmer is a smart programmer, because he is ok in using what is already available to him, instead of trying to re-create every bit of code. Not talking about stealing here, you should always give credit to what you use.

Edward Finney

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:29:18 AM

Well yes I think manoeuvring your way through life into positions of greater opportunity is something humans have been doing for thousands of years. Its in our nature to seek out abundance. However I don't think an over abundance of wealth nessasarily increases your happiness and there is probably something beneficial a hard days work can have on your mind
pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:48:39 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 12:17:49 PM by pecson134

This is a sequel to this thread. If you are interested only in the fat of the thread and the cream of the theme, look no further than this and the second post here.

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?

Let me give an insight or my point of view. Since I am also working and can relate to this topic with the thing what you called "work smart" and "work hard", I can say that these categories can be group as to how productive and efficient one person can be in a given environment or workplace. The difference is that to work smarter is do task or chores in a very efficient way and probably ended up with great results without you exerting to much effort(it does not mean that giving less effort gives a worse outcome since you are doing it in a very effective way possible). As to work hard stance, you are doing what things that are designated to you in a normal way and it means that you are not thinking of a better way to improve it(probably because you are focus on just finishing the task and not thinking of an efficient way to complete it).

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:09:52 PM

Yes we know it's easy to work smarter,but do we have that kind of skill?For us to work smarter,we need a certain skill that can help us to do our job easier,thus make our live easier.But for some people who don't have that skill,their only option is just to work harder and harder to fulfill their needs.

Well, that's an interesting question really. When I come to think of it, somehow I am always cornered with the thought that there is no absolute yardstick about working smart because it's all relative. We can think about working smart vs working hard in two different dimensions which don't necessarily collide and often even don't overlap. On the one hand, it is how we ourselves feel about our work. For example, we may be not quite satisfied with what we do, thinking that we could work smarter, not harder, with essentially the same result. On the other hand, it is what others think about what we do. Obviously, people may think that you are working in a smart way while you may in fact think differently, and vice versa. Perhaps, there are other dimensions to this riddle or puzzle.
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:35:41 PM

Between working hard and working smart; I will tell you that working smart is the best and it really pays. But most people don't know about this or don't believe in that ideology. They believe working day and night, leaving the office at late hour after everyone is gone is the way wealth. All that is just nothing but stress activators. When you do things the smart way; you stay healthy to enjoy the fruit of your labor but if the other way, the person might die even before the wealth start coming in.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:54:33 PM

An example of working hard can be attributed to Africans who mostly use their energy to clear wide areas of land for farming alone and because of that they are less productive but if they have the latest in agricultural machinery, they could have improve their productivity a thousandfold and that i believe is working smart.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:22:24 PM

This is a sequel to this thread. If you are interested only in the fat of the thread and the cream of the theme, look no further than this and the second post here.

Let me share my experience with you. I will share the experience regarding online work. I used to write content at $1 per 500 words when I was in college. With time passing by and some experience I came to know that some people are getting $1 per 100 words. I put some advertisements and got much work at such rates. Then I realized that only way to get rich with this is to resell the content writing services. I was managing more than 10 writers at one time and all were busy enough with my work.
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:50:11 PM

Working hard has two directions viewing angles that are obviously very different.
1. Work hard on other people : Of course this kind of work will benefit our boss to become richer (as op said), because our lives are easily controlled by the finger of our boss.
2. Work hard for (the company) myself : It's better because we can directly accelerate the growth (development) of our company to be more advanced means there are obvious reasons to get rich.

Meanwhile working in a smart way.
This's clearly the goal only for the advancement of the self not for the progress of others, in this way we can enrich ourselves even faster than working hard on other.
There are several factors that support this type of work, among others: skil, experts and cunning, these three factors are very potential to make someone work smartly.

Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:00:07 AM

I have heard this dispute since childhood. all my relatives are sure that working hard is the only way for a decent person. It is noteworthy that none of them has earned enough money. For myself, I decided that I will always work with the mind to distinguish when it is necessary to exert maximum effort, and when it is not worth it.

It is the way parents are manipulating their children trying to make themselves into rolemodels for their offspring, without ever understanding that they are in fact making them bad service. You may not be good at something, and that's okay since no one is perfect, but don't pretend your way is the only way to success or what you achieved is the ultimate success anyone can only hope for in their life. Interestingly, this is perfectly in line with how bosses are manipulating their staff, though they are not evidently following this route themselves. So it is a deliberate manipulation on purpose.
Slow death
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1100

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:29:58 AM

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches.

They say this as a way of saying: do not be lazy and push yourself.

What is your practical take on working smart?

have your own business and get good profits... if you work for a company, then you must raise money and build your own company, this is what I call smart work. In the company of owner you never know when the owner of the company will dismiss you and if you die your wife and children will suffer.

But in case you have your own company, you die your wife and children will be managing the company.

working smart, is when you work to create conditions for the future you have your own company

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Palmholder

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:27:47 AM

I was reading Jack London - Martin Eden recently. Martin was working hard in loundry 6 days per week, he lost opportunity to dream and plan new ways to find his place under the Sun, such life also made him drink to take a mental break from constant labour. He could not save money for future because of small salary. His mate left the loundry to become a tramp, Martin said: "Indeed, better to be a tramp than work like that".
   So I also dont beleive hard labour makes people rich, they would better spend their enegry to find better place and better business field which fits their skills and aims

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: