Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:00:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Working smart vs working hard - an ultimate guide  (Read 1953 times)
bettercrypto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 02:50:31 AM

The best thing we should do to success in our own field is to combine both of it. Working smart is just working efficiently without any hassle. You are working without putting your all force but you are earning a lot. Yet it is good to work smarter, success can't achieve without having a dedication to your work. Work harder keeps us to push beyond our limits so that, we are developing time by time. Aside from that, work harder promotes us to become endured when it comes in difficulties. If you have enthussiasm with your work, you have the eagerness to make it more successful. That's why we need also the virtue of a hard worker person.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 03:13:24 AM

At first you would be working hard because you don't know yet what are the things you should do to make your work easier. Take for example being an employee of a restaurant. In the beginning, you are not familiar with the practices involved and you work hard to know every thing and then you got promoted in which case, you will know more abut how to run the business. Later on, you would know what to do and decided to build your own restaurant given that you already have the capital and you have connections as well because of your previous job. You hired employees to work for you so you are not working that hard anymore. You are already working smart earning more income but having lesser work.

Requim

Activity: 166
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:04:19 AM

If you ask me, working smart is far more better than working hard. It is true that working hard can get you somewhere, but if you work smart it can get you further. Working smart means carefully analyzing every situation to save time, effort and too much work, but at the same time earn as well. One can still have extra while doing it.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:13:04 AM

For me "working smart" has two meanings. First one is that "smart" refers to those kind of work, that require you intellect, rather than physical exercises. Intellectual work isn't that difficult, comparing to physical, but it must be appreciated more. And the second meaning, "smart" may also refer to the way you do your work, not the nature of work: you need to find useful contacts, you need to know how to plan your time, you have to be orderly and know how to present yourself.

Personally, I don't think it is the right approach to distinguish between hard work as mostly physical and smart work as mostly intellectual, though it should be clear that when your work involves physical part, for example, as a mover, there is not much you can do with it, I mean, doing it in a smarter way. So we are basically left with intellectual work involving your brain, and that's where most of the distinction should be made between working hard and working smart since you can use your intelligence in a smart or dumb way.
I was about to pint out this thing. We need both attributes in life to be successful from every angle. If the person is hard working but not smart, again it is going to cost him much of the time and other resources to meet the deadlines. On the contrary, if the person is just focusing on being smart and not paying any attention on working hard, he or she is again going to suffer because simply buy understanding things, you cannot score well, you need to grasp them by hard working.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
zergenyt09

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:57:28 AM

Since Bitcoin deals with financial sector I would like to highlight Robert Kiyosaki cashflow concept on this topic. According to the best selling Author Robert Kiyosaki, 90% people are trapped in the rat race and their continuously busy in doing hard work but they forget that they are working for those 10% people who are working in a smart way. I would like to promote his book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and I recommend everyone to read it to understand how the society is working right now on the financial level. Two things are extremely important time and financial freedom but we will need money for the same.
Well yes you are right here that one can’t go with both at the same time but I think this is the trend now to go for both at same time. If someone have will power and concern to do something extraordinary in this time, he or she must be doing hard work but smartly. Because if you don’t have smartness, others will take anything uplift and you are there with nothing. So be competitive, do hard but smart.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:01:33 AM

Since Bitcoin deals with financial sector I would like to highlight Robert Kiyosaki cashflow concept on this topic. According to the best selling Author Robert Kiyosaki, 90% people are trapped in the rat race and their continuously busy in doing hard work but they forget that they are working for those 10% people who are working in a smart way. I would like to promote his book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and I recommend everyone to read it to understand how the society is working right now on the financial level. Two things are extremely important time and financial freedom but we will need money for the same.
Well yes you are right here that one can’t go with both at the same time but I think this is the trend now to go for both at same time. If someone have will power and concern to do something extraordinary in this time, he or she must be doing hard work but smartly. Because if you don’t have smartness, others will take anything uplift and you are there with nothing. So be competitive, do hard but smart.

I think people can work both smart and hard at the same time though. It's a combination that would most likely spell success if you develop skills on how to do both. It's going to make you very efficient in whatever you're trying to accomplish and successful people i think are.able to do that

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:18:44 AM

working smart i think is a work that use strategy, so it can be effective in taking steps and obtain maximum results. working hard is nonstop work to achieve maximum results. i prefer working smart to earning maximum income

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
DrYe5

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:35:52 AM

working smart i think is a work that use strategy, so it can be effective in taking steps and obtain maximum results. working hard is nonstop work to achieve maximum results. i prefer working smart to earning maximum income
If you want to be successful in the long run, you have to put long hours into work. You have to start early, before all other people, and you have to stay up late, when everyone else is already enjoying their afternoons and evenings.
minatour

Activity: 687
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:57:55 AM

If you want to be successful in the long run, you have to put long hours into work. You have to start early, before all other people, and you have to stay up late, when everyone else is already enjoying their afternoons and evenings.
you're right, working hard and working smart it's different, a smart person will choose to do his own business rather than being an employee, the income earned is also much different because smart people will look for the latest innovations to earn more profit

----------- ❱   ❱    ❱  The easiest way to earn 5 ETH  ❰    ❰    ❰ -----------
-------  Yearner is the ultimate connecting link between different DeFi protocols  -------
--------------------------------------------   ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    ❱    START FARMING    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰    ❰   --------------------------------------------
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:11:48 AM

Yes that’s true, but sometimes you have to work hard to achieve some things. What I’m trying to say is that despite it is very important to think smart, you might come up with some ideas that requires you to work really hard before you can accomplish them. You don’t just think smart and relax, waiting for you ideas to put themselves into work and put food on your table, nah, that’s never gonna happen. You will need to work for your ideas. Well, working smart.

Beautifully said. Work hard sounds time consuming but again huge researches and data that have been compiled and with the help of which we can work smart were hard works. You can not really rely on one. If we talk about the leading companies of the world like IPhone or Google, they give us the lesson of both hard work and smart work.

Nokia work very hard but this element of smartness was just not in their schedule and that is why the company was forced out of the market though they had done nothing wrong.
Marcsymon

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:26:18 PM
Merited by Dirk2017 (1)

For me it is a very nice blend because both are in dire need for success, have one thing in common that is closely related. I think the good view you see from the positive side.

Being smart and being hardworking because those are positive attributes of a person. Working smart means you can come up with a better and new ideas that you will be working hard.

This is quite relevant. Working smart is what we gained by working hard at first. Because working hard gives us a lot of experiences in many successful things that we are doing before and makes us working smart because we experienced it already on how to do it well timely. Both abilities are ultimate guide to be a successful individual.
Hell-raiser (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:15:37 PM

I think it is better to work smart because life is all about resourcefulness, on how you finish the task smartly. for example, i saw a picture last week about working hard vs. working smart. a cube should be moved to the other side of the path and the other person pushed it towards the path, the other carved it into sphere so it will be easily pushed. In that way he reduced effort and time on doing the work. With that, you will have more time and energy to do many things.

That's a very interesting observation, good for you. It reminds me of a saying which is attributed to Abraham Lincoln who asked to give him six hours to chop down a tree and he would spend the first four sharpening the axe. The lesson to take home is that before fully engaging in your working activity, think first how you can make the job in the most efficient way so that you wouldn't waste hours or even days doing what can be done with less effort and in a shorter time span.
endut15

Activity: 551

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:42:50 PM

This is a sequel to this thread. If you are interested only in the fat of the thread and the cream of the theme, look no further than this and the second post here.

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?
if I myself choose smart work too, because the intelligent work it uses mind instead of using muscle. so it's better to work smart by managing our minds to be even more.
Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:09:03 PM

Hardworking is to enrich your boss. I think this idea is only true when you go to work for others, But if you do business for yourself, I think diligence is essential. About Intelligence, In my opinion, Do whatever you need to have the best analysis of the market, so if you are smart you will analyze the market more accurately, helping you minimize risk. Being smart and hardworking will help you succeed in your job.

In my opinion, hard working and the potential negative effects of it can be found everywhere. With wage labor, however, it becomes clear and evident without further explanation, kind of obvious. But it doesn't mean that if you are working hard for yourself only, you will fare much better. The point is when you work for the boss, it is your boss who takes the smart work from you and does it himself. But when you are your own boss, then you have to work smart by default if you want to stay in the business.
xcajun21

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:15:26 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2018, 06:52:02 AM by xcajun21

I think working smart comes with having lots of peace of mind... in a world full of perturbations, there seems to be little time for brain storming, for refreshing yourself, coming clean plate...
This happened in my experience. I gained some success, only to be dragged back by some people, or so called "interference" negativity.  

Practical way would be to educate yourself on your own lessons... make peace with yourself, getting at the wheel of your own destiny. Gain awareness. Always "doing" something does not always bring success. Right decisions can bring the right chances (more luck, too) in life.  

Ps. I thought people go on tinder for One. S Wink

My two cents.
Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:46:21 PM

Imo chances of success are the highest when you do the job you enjoy the most. Only this way you can devote yourself completely to what you are doing and while others do the job only during working hours you can do it with pleasure even during your days off. Thus you will most likely outplay others in the business and even if that won't happen so soon as you expected, you will not regret anything because you were doing what you enjoy to do.

I understand what you want to say here but I disagree with you and agree with the other poster who said that working smart is in a sense harder that plain working hard. Working smart always requires you to move out of your comfort zone, requires you to think out of the box, and that can be quite painful and distressing psychologically. On the other hand, when you are working hard, you most likely remain in your comfort zone at all times, you quickly get used to your work, and can even work a couple of extra hours a day. Something which will definitely please your boss, and he will likely even praise you for it, though without financially rewarding you beyond your typical hourly pay, if at all.
mamarried

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:50:46 PM

Working hard is allways easier, there is no need to thing a lot here. Just do your job, and repeat. On the smart-work side, sometimes, you would look, seek, think, analyze and only then start to work. But smart value is always higher, than hard
Harley29

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:54:13 PM

working hard without being smart is a waste of effort, you will just be on your work for the rest of your life.

You need to be smart, a smart worker will give importance to his/her job in such a wise and perfect outcome,
always have time with the family and thinking on what is better and what is right to do.

We hunters are being smart here, that is why we are getting better in life.
by working smarter we spend less energy. and there will be more things we can do. and of course this will make our income become larger.
For sue smart worker can get more profit with ease and without getting any harm, bitcoin is very easy to get profit but if you have a smart mind,  holding bitcoin can give you lots of profit as for it you will not have to work hard but you will have to plan smart as buy when you see the price of bitcoin is low and have proper planning not to sell till it gets high once again, at the same time hard working is also important but I think smart mind can get more profit than hard working mind.
Alpinat

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:02:41 PM

Ofcourse working smart there are so many people right now that are working and working without knowing the benefits of that work or even how they can easily make or create some income without working that much. being smart is a gift make it work.
Linggis

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 03:59:33 AM

This is a sequel to this thread. If you are interested only in the fat of the thread and the cream of the theme, look no further than this and the second post here.

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating an environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?
I think if you have the opportunity to work smart and effective then do it.
Leave your hard work.
If we can find a smart job and we love the job you will certainly have time for you to enjoy and will certainly make your life happy and will be away from stress.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: