Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:24:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Working smart vs working hard - an ultimate guide  (Read 1953 times)
Hell-raiser (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:47:19 PM

There are mamny people, particularly the owners of business, that want to sell you the idea that working hard is a positive value. And it is, for them. WHile you work hard they take the lions share. Don´t get me wrong, it is good to work hard, but do it for yourself.
You have just stolen words from my mouth. This is why I am strictly against working for others. These companies even the famous international brands and multinational companies do not pay you exactly what you are worth of. You work and they enjoy. This is why now the idea of owning and starting your own business is very much appreciated and admired by the well-educated class. Young people are against seeking jobs.

Well, personally, I think this approach is too straightforward and a bit too narrow-minded. In other words, you can also enjoy life while working for a multinational corporation. You just need to have enough rank there so that hard-working people at lower and lowest ranks would work for you. I know that many people here dream of having their own business but every coin has two sides. When you work for yourself, you take all the risks on yourself too, while working in a big company may in fact be a better option unless you are going to start your own big company (and succeed at that).

But if you are really passionate, then quit your job and take the plunge!
commlinx

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:22:38 AM

The issue with the working hard versus working smart polarity is that very frequently wdecision as one in which we can just pick "hard" or "smart." The inquiry we ought to ask is, the reason aren't we doing both?

Shockingly, there is no alternative however to work hard in a startup. Some of the time because of the unstructured idea of work in startup one may wind up concentrating on handling the prompt needs while losing the concentration from long haul objectives.
Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:59:13 AM

I usually do less work and tend to get works done. Bit lazy. I believe in both hard work and smart work. Both go half and half. Current generation expects to do smart work and yes they do work smart. As things are being invented to lessen the work, people have started looking at ways to complete the and get the works done much faster. Smart worker are really welcomed now a days than the hard worker if you look around.

It is not just about the current generation or any other specific generation. As a matter of fact, it is about any generation because this has been the case since the inception of civilization and the beginning of time. Every generation tries to outsmart a previous one by inventing all possible ways to make their life easier. This is what basically drives the advancement of new technology. It is even believed that the rate of this advancement is increasing with time, which means the smartness differential between generations is rising.

Or it was so till the advent of Internet and social networks with all the implications they brought about.
ekalak manjeng

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:39:23 AM

For me it is a very nice blend because both are in dire need for success, have one thing in common that is closely related. I think the good view you see from the positive side.
yes, because they are the perfect blend of hard work and intelligent thinking there will be a gap for success.
Cryptorhroni

Activity: 328

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:44:09 AM

Liked it
Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:12:51 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 07:41:27 PM by Hell-raiser

Also, let us not over emphasize only on being smart alone, because opportunity, luck and hard work also have a part to play in your being smart. One thing I have come to understand in life is that we cannot all have equal opportunity which makes smart people sometimes to still end up being successful on different levels.

Luck and the opportunities it offers are what we should never forget of, the point which I specifically highlight in the OP. Sometimes, in fact, oftentimes, luck is what radically changes our life. Truth to be told, it is exactly because of luck that we as individual persons came into this world having been chosen by it from around a billion of other "candidates", so, in a sense, we were all born under a lucky star via our very existence. And if our life started with luck, we shouldn't discard it during our lifetime either. Discarding luck would be as stupid as relying just on it alone, but in the end (as well as in the beginning, for that matter) it all comes down to luck.
luckyluigi

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:20:14 PM

For me, obvious thing is that you alway can transfer one case into another. Hardwork can almost always be transormed into smartwork. so think about it.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2842
Merit: 654

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:31:45 PM

Also, let us not over emphasize only on being smart alone, because opportunity, luck and hard work also have a part to play in your being smart. One thing I have come to understand in life is that we cannot all have equal opportunity which makes smart people sometimes to still end up being successful on different levels.

Luck and the opportunities it offers are what we should never forget of, the point which I specifically highlight in the OP. Sometimes, in fact, oftentimes, luck is what radically changes our life. Truth to be told, it is exactly because of luck that we as individual persons came into this world having been chosen by it from around a billion of other "candidates", so, in a sense, we were all born under a lucky star via our very existence. And if our life started with luck, we shouldn't discard it during our lifetime either. Discarding luck would be as stupid as relying just on it alone, but in the end (as well as in the beginning) it all comes down to luck.
I believe also in that "luck" thing in our lives which we do really have a significant effect or do give outcomes which we wont even expect. Missing out opportunities aren't really good in any way.Just try and try until we hit on what we aim for.Comparing working smart and working hard, eventually you can able to create ideas later on when you do make hard work where sooner or later you will realize that you will able to get the job done into more convenient and easy way.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:49:38 PM

Agree to disagree, I think in order to succeed you need both. When people say that when you work hard you are only making your boss richer. Personally, I think there was a time when your boss needed to work hard AND smart in order to build a business. In short, you can't succeed by working hard or smart, you need both. If you have neither of it, you'll probably be exhausted and poor.

I understand what you mean by working hard here but for the sake of simplicity and better understanding of the differences between the two, I think we should rather specify working hard as doing the same thing again and again probably putting more effort into your job but without thinking too much over it. With time, you can become more efficient and likely do more but that alone won't make your work any smarter. As Albert Einstein allegedly said, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So working hard can't take you any closer to working smart on its own.
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:06:59 PM

If we want to be successful, we shouldn't be content to simply work smarter. The most successful people work smart, but they also work exceptionally hard. They maintain the same level of persistence and drive while learning ways to do things more efficiently. If you want to be successful, you have to be smart, work hard and also have a bit of luck.
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:50:04 PM

Well in order to succeed you need to work hard and be smart as well. If your goal is to be rich then dont be contented as an employee, that's how being smart comes in by thinking better ideas to improve your status. Build your own business, its the first step if you're aiming to be rich someday, it wont be easy but if you're smart you will find ways for everything to go smoothly. Then if things go as planned its time to work hard for your own benefit. Well its not going to be easy but if you have guts to step in, you can bring this to reality.

tannerchum

Activity: 350

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:56:23 AM

Working smart can save time rather than working hard. Because it's more time saving if you work smart you can able to determine whether it is time to invest or not.
[/quote/]

We can do both because they have different functions as well. Working smart it means hassle free and you are right because it save time and energy too while in the other hand working hard it is true to life it means work for good. Earning through hard is very expensive and it takes a good memory but we can do both it is up to us. In bitcoin working smart and working hard is applicable.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:05:13 AM

If we want to be successful, we shouldn't be content to simply work smarter. The most successful people work smart, but they also work exceptionally hard. They maintain the same level of persistence and drive while learning ways to do things more efficiently. If you want to be successful, you have to be smart, work hard and also have a bit of luck.

Sometimes work smart because experience. But it is true that if we want to be succesfull man, being smart is number one and being lucky is because we already done we have do. Result always following our efforts

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
Jessy Mediola

Activity: 340

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:09:34 AM

This is a sequel to this thread. If you are interested only in the fat of the thread and the cream of the theme, look no further than this and the second post here.

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?
Both working smart and working hard are good in a particular business. Working smart , so you can give some ideas or knowledge which might help the business to grow. And working hard so that the task will be finished on time. But I prefer to work smart than working hard because you have the ability to think the easiest way to finished what task has been given in you excellently.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
Chusnul

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:14:29 PM

For explaining about working hard vs working smart tons of example are available in daily life. You might be viewing all those but never notice or may be your perception is different about that. In short way, working hard means you are taking a long time to produce good results, and working smart means you are taking a short way and give good results.
bakkang

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:48:23 PM

Working hard without thinking your health would probably useless therefore I must prefer in working smart. Working with proper and right decision shows that your working smart and of course taking good care of yourself while working is also working smart. Most of all you are working not just about the welfare of yourself butost especially you are working because of the welfare of your surroundings.
Codename23

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:28:33 PM

Being smart is about making smart choices. Its about making the right decision, the right step or the right choice. Smart people move up the ladder real fast. They also are the ones that have great cars, lot of money, and everything else the rest of us desire.

One should be smart enough to know where to do the hard work in order to achieve the success or the desired goal. If everywhere you keep working hard and not getting results means their is some flaw in the system or in our self and we need to know that so exactly we can focus on our work and work hardly to achieve it.

Yes, I support this view. You should be smart to realize that you are basically wasting your time, not receiving what you consider worth the effort applied. It seems to be a prerequisite for changing your approach or attitude toward your work. But in this thread it is kinda assumed, meaning we all want more for less. With that in mind, I daresay that the fault or deficiency is always inside of us even if working smart requires changing your environment completely, like changing your job. In other words, we would still need some internal disagreement or dissatisfaction with the status quo, while the lack of this dissatisfaction, or not enough of it, is that deficiency in this particular case.

Working smart and working hard. It should be done at the same time. What I mean is that, yes it is good to be working smart or working hard. But what if you do both in bitcoin. Surely you will do great and will have a great profit in time. Because for me working hard but not working smart is useless because if you are not smart enough to do your work you will fail. Also vice versa. That is why for me, working hard and working smart are like partners. You should do it both at the same time.
meandmrjones

Activity: 131
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:35:44 PM

This is a sequel to this thread. If you are interested only in the fat of the thread and the cream of the theme, look no further than this and the second post here.

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?

Most brilliant post I've seen in a long time. Working smart > working hard.
Sometimes you've gotta work hard to be smart in situations though...  Wink
anakkampung17

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:59:48 PM

Based on my opinion working hard or working smart one goal to achieve success. But from their working steps I think it's a very different way but one goal. It describes a person who works with thinking in a relaxed way with good results, and the other uses a bit of thought but with morale to get results. I will choose smart work.
Whitly

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:09:22 PM

I think, that between working hard and working smart, I will choose working smart and by this, I mean find easier and faster way, what will be more productive for the resolving same task. Like for example, there a task on what worker will spend around ~3 hours, I will try to find an alternative way to do the same task, but for 1 - 1.5 hour.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: