Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:23:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find a promising ICO?  (Read 800 times)
HartleyDrake

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:50:25 PM

How to find a promising ICO?

Follow these rules:-

1.reads whitepaper

2.Do you own research

3. join bounty campaigns
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:55:36 PM

Search for them through reputable ICO review sites. read the information about that ICO. read the white paper. roadmap. And see if the ICO has a real product or not. It is important to see if there is a large community when joining the ICO or not.
RSM0103

Activity: 269
Merit: 12

we're Radio, online!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:55:59 PM

you can search on topicolist.com on the latest ico, and the  you can manually search and check the listed ico which one is the most promising of them all, basically you need to search and investigate by your own so that you can assure to your self thatyour investing on the right ico and avoid blaming anyone when the time comes.

CyberFM   we're Radio, online!   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
madushanperis11

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:00:51 PM

This is kind of common question lot of people ask. The answer to the question as per my understanding is, "you cannot". The only thing you can do is find an ICO which we can expect to be successful in future. There are some ICOs, which looked very promising, but yet failed. Anyway, you can look into their scope, team, documentation, board of advisers, ICO value and the technology they are going to use. One important thing above all is their popularity in the community because a project can have all these fancy things but if it is not popular, the chance of it to be successful goes down.
FindExchangeICO

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:12:53 PM

Use the ranking websites, but do not rely on them to much.

1) Look at their website, how professional does it look like ?
2) Read the white-paper, and actually try to understand what are they doing and what's their goals.
3) Check out the team, see who they are and what they do
4) research the industry they work in
5) Forums !!! but don't rely too much as well

Always read people's opinions and don't forget to make your own at the end
otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:15:26 PM

I would have said all over the internet,  but we all know the giant in that space are becoming hostile to cryptocurrency. I think primarily, your  sure place to find community that support legit ICO is BTT. And based on popularity of a project,  you can do your research  to find quality ICO!

Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:16:00 PM

i prefer to evaluate them on some form of the following. Note to newbies: also always be careful to follow instructions clearly, including whether they accept btc or just eth, and not to send eth/btc from an exchange etc.

Hype:
twitter users
reddit posts
telegram members
discord members
responsiveness/truthfulness of moderators in these channels

Fundamentals:   
Availability of MVP
Team strength (number of experts in the field; linkedin profiles)   
Whitepaper originality/technicality/clarity   
Independent reviews   
Partnerships with corporates/academia   
Use-case strength   
Clarity of roadmap

Others:   
Existing Competition (other coins in the same space? how established are they)   
Regulation Risk (does it have security characteristics?)   
Hardcap (is it asking for too much money for its use case?)
Share of tokens distributed (are the founders/team keeping too much for themselves, escrow?)
yura888

Activity: 364

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:18:05 PM

You need to go to many search sources, different tables, different ICO sites, and self assess the main criteria such as: The level of popularity, the team and the idea of the project

insomma

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:19:46 PM

I'd suggest looking for website that give reviews and scores about those ICOs. Keep in mind tho that most youtubers promote ICOs because they are being paid to do that, so pay attention.
leslie4u

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:37:59 PM

Well lot of ICO are released everyday and this is very important we understand what they are envisioning and what is their goal. In many cases they come out with lot of Hype and Marketing however once they are over 40% into their sale target things either slow down or start to fall off the bat. So it is very important we do our due diligence before investing our hard earned money.
CokeCoin

Activity: 235
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:49:15 PM

There are several things you must look at. First of all, read the whitepaper, take a look at the developers team, try to find them on Linked In or Rocketreach. Secondly, check if their coin is listed on some exchange. Also look the description and ratings of a project on icobench and icostats.

Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:00:01 PM

You can find a really reliable ICO project with the help of various resources like icobench. There shows statistics and value token of any project.
aleksej.rozhkov

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:03:14 PM

There is a certain thread of discussion in which a lot of bounty companies taste and color and just analyze different ones.
Babyboy423

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:08:03 PM

ICOAlert and CoinMarketCap are the best places to find ICO’s worth investing in. ICOAlert is a list of up and coming, current, and recently ended ICO’s. It is a great resource to find undervalued up and coming CryptoCurrency that may be very valuable in the future.CoinMarketCap is also a great place to research new investments. Coinmarketcap hosts real time data of most CryptoCurrencies such as prices, volume, exchanges, and much more. Learn everything about a CryptoCurrency using the search tab.
fetokun

Activity: 210

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:12:26 PM

Theres no such thing as a promising ICO in the current time. The better a ICO looks from far away the worse it gets on looking from inside. All the white papers these ICOs have is copy pasted shit and good looking images. You are better off investing in already established coins.

BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:17:15 PM

It is hard these days to find a promising ICO, What i do before i invest in an ICO is that i check the whitepaper and the roadmap of those ICO if they are unique and promising then i will invest to them but still there is no guarantee that the ICO will be successful with that, I just believe in myself while taking the risk.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:52:07 PM

I'd suggest looking for website that give reviews and scores about those ICOs. Keep in mind tho that most youtubers promote ICOs because they are being paid to do that, so pay attention.

The sites that rate ICOs (such as icobench) are also paid to do that.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:08:44 AM

You shoudl do enough research and find out the useful information to make sure yoou make the right investment. You can read the white paper and the team memebers to see if they can make it better.
PaxtonFabian

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:13:46 AM

First of all you have to follow these rules:-

1.Read whitepaper

2.Research on them and then research bounty campaign.
MapleMillion

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:21:21 AM

Either Google upcoming ICO's or go to the section in the forum here.
Make sure to read their WP, do research on the team and the project in general.
Before investing I go as far as getting in touch with people from companies I think of investing in and simply chatting with them about their vision and what makes their venture the next big thing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: