Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Young women for bitcoins  (Read 14035 times)
lumos

Activity: 157
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 02:07:30 AM

banning that from this forum would be a move towards trying to regulate the bitcoin and authoritarianism.
That's ridiculous.

why is it ridiculous, this is a hub of bitcoin activity. there are loads of niches being filled here, and even new niches which do not exist in the current economy, if we ban certain niches which may be 'nsfw' or 'illegal', this forum which has an effect on the market(atm), will be thus regulating the market. this is bad, we should exploit the fact that bitcoin is a fuck you to the government.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 02:26:17 AM

I'm not saying the Polish gypsies don't bear any of the blame here,

Right, because they bear.

but there's definitely a racist culture in place keeping them in the position they are in.  

Still, i would say that their will to continue "their ways" is bigger than the artificial social barriers keeping them where they are.

It's just that Gypsies have had an dynamic/unstable road travel culture since several hundereds of years, and it won't change overnight. They are just used to they old ways, and because of that it is harder for them to get any normal jobs in Poland, because legal jobs in Poland require that you have a fixed registration of residence (they would have to live in one place).

Gypsies here are just imcompatibile with recent (last 70 years) social changes, and that creates problems. They have kept their culture, and their culture is no longer compatibile with the modern world - and i think that is the problem. This is the reason they steal, scam and lie - because they cannot find any normal place in modern society.

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 02:34:37 AM

why is it ridiculous, this is a hub of bitcoin activity. there are loads of niches being filled here, and even new niches which do not exist in the current economy, if we ban certain niches which may be 'nsfw' or 'illegal', this forum which has an effect on the market(atm), will be thus regulating the market. this is bad, we should exploit the fact that 

I think you're wrong. This forum is not about the "market". It is about bitcoin support.
Strength of bitcoin itself (as currency) is more important than having few niche markets on this forum.

Get this: Trading illegals on this forum WILL UNDERMINE Bitcoin as a good currency because it creates a weakness which government propaganda can exploit.

bitcoin is a fuck you to the government.

Sure, but there is no need to make more buzz about it so govs come here faster, right ?
They are probably already creating a strategy, and "useful idiots" like you are putting weapons in their hands.

If you want Bitcoin never to go mainstream, and become underground-only currency, then go on - trade drugs, prostitution and weapons on this forum.

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 02:37:46 AM

I think you're wrong. This forum is not about the "market". It is about bitcoin support.drugs, prostitution and weapons on this forum.[/b]

It's still the hub of the bitcoin economy.

Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 02:41:08 AM

banning that from this forum would be a move towards trying to regulate the bitcoin and authoritarianism.
That's ridiculous.

why is it ridiculous, this is a hub of bitcoin activity. there are loads of niches being filled here, and even new niches which do not exist in the current economy, if we ban certain niches which may be 'nsfw' or 'illegal', this forum which has an effect on the market(atm), will be thus regulating the market. this is bad, we should exploit the fact that bitcoin is a fuck you to the government.

Or it will open up a new niche, a forum dedicated to exchanging illegal services or bitcoins in a secure way.

This forum is not secure, you can be farily easily traced by IP if you aren't doing your own security.  It's publically ccessible and easy to get at.  A really poor venue for illegal trades in any case.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 02:57:49 AM

Certain percent % of them WILL BE scammmed by this swingler. This is what i wanted to avoid.

This is a good thing, it will teach the lesson to not be gullible idiots the hard way.

And again, you can get scammed with any currency. If you want a walled garden economy you can try Facebook tokens and Apple bucks. There is no reason to try to regulate the market because we are gonna get criticized by the mainstream either way. As for legal threats to the site, I'm sure Sirius will clean up the forum as needed to get the angry lawyers off his back so there's no need to keep whining about it.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 03:04:19 AM

That's ridiculous.

Or it will open up a new niche, a forum dedicated to exchanging illegal services or bitcoins in a secure way.

This forum is not secure, you can be farily easily traced by IP if you aren't doing your own security.  It's publically ccessible and easy to get at.  A really poor venue for illegal trades in any case.

+ 1

Great point.

I think you're wrong. This forum is not about the "market". It is about bitcoin support.drugs, prostitution and weapons on this forum.[/b]

It's still the hub of the bitcoin economy.

That's fine. So the hub can have links connecting whole economy (and illegal content).
But it does not have to have illegal content itself.

At least this gives us some protection against "bitcoin was created to allow trading prostitution, drugs, weapons & other illegal stuff" propaganda attack...

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 05:24:25 AM

This topic should be closed and thrown out into the trash. Too bad this forum is not too well moderated yet...

I, for one, am glad that the forum has not become ruled by authoritarian moderators (as most forums are). The ideals of libertarianism should be extended to moderation as much as possible: everyone should be free to express any idea unless doing so infringes on the equal right of others.

The idea expressed in the OP was given an accurate title, and it is in the correct section. Neither Sirius nor Satoshi (bitcoin.org operators) have expressed a desire to filter potentially-illegal content. Therefore, the topic is OK. Use your own brain to determine whether the offer is a scam.

I should mention that the last several replies (and my own) have absolutely nothing to do with the OP. These off-topic replies are disruptive to readers and on-topic repliers. Please move further bitcoin.org discussion to a new topic in "Bitcoin Discussion", and move Gypsy discussion to a new topic in "Off-topic".

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Local

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 07:08:41 AM

The reason I was bought into BitCoin was purely for the fact that it was not controlled by a central authority, and there was a limited supply of.

If the first real services are going to be illegal ones, or ones that I personally consider unethical, then convincing my community to join BitCoin will be much more difficult, and thus because I cannot buy local services with it because of this, I'd rather disassociate myself with BitCoin.

A potentially revolutionised idea, hijacked by crime and thugs.

So depressing.

Is your community currently using a currency that isn't used by criminals and thugs? I assume not.

Can you even imagine how a currency could be designed so that it cannot be used for whatever you think is unethical? I can't.
lumos

Activity: 157
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 11:12:27 AM

If you want Bitcoin never to go mainstream, and become underground-only currency, then go on - trade drugs, prostitution and weapons on this forum.

along with security exploits to government data,wikileaks etc. etc. things declared 'illegal'. better to have everything out, at the risk of having stuff which we might think is bad.
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 12:37:30 PM

Yes, it is true that illegal activity is funded by Federal Reserve Notes.  But you will not find them listed for sale on the Federal Reserve's or banks' websites.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2011, 01:12:13 PM

I, for one, am glad that the forum has not become ruled by authoritarian moderators (as most forums are). The ideals of libertarianism should be extended to moderation as much as possible: everyone should be free to express any idea unless doing so infringes on the equal right of others.

The idea expressed in the OP was given an accurate title, and it is in the correct section. Neither Sirius nor Satoshi (bitcoin.org operators) have expressed a desire to filter potentially-illegal content. Therefore, the topic is OK. Use your own brain to determine whether the offer is a scam.
+1

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 02:05:06 PM

+1

OK, so whatever. Let everybody trade anything they want in here - let's see how that will work out.

Just don't say i haven't warned you. I don't like the idea of having to use TOR to check out main bitcoin website.

----
FEDs are closing this forum in 5...4...3...2...1...

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2011, 05:06:46 PM

Just don't say i haven't warned you. I don't like the idea of having to use TOR to check out main bitcoin website.
Yea, because browsing the bitcoin forum instantly makes you a criminal....

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 09:28:21 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2011, 09:38:40 PM by ShadowOfHarbringer

Yea, because browsing the bitcoin forum instantly makes you a criminal....

Actually I meant the other way around: Bitcoin forum would be TOR-only because of "illegal content" posted on it... (Or becuse of domain seizures)

EDIT:
But after giving it some thought, i think that "your way" is also possible using propaganda tricks.

- First, they prove that Bitcoin was intentionally created for illegal stuff because authors allow that kind of stuff on their forums which clearly shows their intentions.
- Second, they will name Bitcoin "the currency of fraudsters, terrorists, illegal arms dealers, drug dealers" etc.
- Third, they make Bitcoin illegal
- 4. ?? ?? ??
- 5. PROFIT !

Classic Problem-Reaction-Solution scheme.

JohnDoe

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 09:48:47 PM

- First, they prove that Bitcoin was intentionally created for illegal stuff because authors allow that kind of stuff on their forums which clearly shows their intentions.
- Second, they will name Bitcoin "the currency of fraudsters, terrorists, illegal arms dealers, drug dealers" etc.

Stop deluding yourself, those attacks will come with or without a "clean" forum. There's nothing we can do to prevent that sort of propaganda.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2011, 09:58:47 PM

So. What?

Mahkul

Activity: 434

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 10:10:29 PM

I think what ShadowOfHarbringer is trying to say is that, for instance, if some kind of a journalist hears about Bitcoin and they decide to check the website/forum - if the first and hottest topics they see are "young women for bitcoins" or "how to open a heroin store" they wouldn't be too impressed. Yes, I know you don't care, but without such people the article in the Irish Times might have never been published, which would again slow down getting our Wikipedia page up. Little things. To quote Guru (RIP): "Be more intelligent than just an angry rebel.". Why did Satoshi not want Bitcoin to be adopted by Wikileaks? Because he doesn't support them? No - because it is TOO EARLY. We should concentrate on making Bitcoin popular among legitimate businesses. Get foundations and charity places to accept it - then we will have something to say to defend Bitcoin if someone says it's only used for the bad.

I have nothing against someone opening drugs store or selling their arse (literally) for bitcoins, but what Shadow's saying also makes sense.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2011, 10:50:07 PM

So. What?

So whether you want it or not, it will not be mainstream if it is illegal.
It will continue being underground currency.

Is that what you want ?

Stop deluding yourself, those attacks will come with or without a "clean" forum. There's nothing we can do to prevent that sort of propaganda.

Nobody is deluding anybody.
I am perfectly aware than governments sooner or later will fight bitcoin.

But my point is to move that event further in the future. Now, while BTC is in its infancy, we are vulnerable...

How is it possible people here don't understand that ? Is it some kind of bitcoin related madness or what ?
Does really everybody here wants to buy drugs & get laid so hard that nobody cares if Bitcoin gets destroyed in the process ?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2011, 11:03:13 PM

Trollfood, trollfood! Hahaha.

If you were actually that concerned, surely you would have applied "don't feed the trolls" rule...

...Creating a separate thread entirely, with maybe even a cunningly contrived title designed to attract journalists to the thread as least as well as this thread's title attracts them but taking a slant you feel will more properly condition journalists who read it.

My mind isn't tuned in to making a sufficiently titillating title right now, I am coming up with boring titles like "Notice how illegal product threads simply die from lack of response?"

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: