Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:48:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Young women for bitcoins  (Read 14036 times)
JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 01:18:18 AM

Also, I don't think people realise the severity of BTC becoming illegal; if it does that then it will ruin it forever.  BTC can thrive right now with nobody touching it, but as soon as it's illegal the community will become a fraction of what it was and the dream can never happen, whatever that was.

I've found that people don't really care about the legal status of an activity when it's easy to do it without punishment. See copyright infringement as an example.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Veltas

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 01:31:17 AM

I've found that people don't really care about the legal status of an activity when it's easy to do it without punishment. See copyright infringement as an example.

Then you'll also know that the people care no matter how easy it is far more when the severity of punishment goes up, and if BTC were serious enough to make illegal, then surely (like all serious financial offences) punishment would run high.  It's easy to rob a shop, but stealing is a serious crime and barely anybody does it, but many people pirate movies off of the internet and the punishment for being caught is pretty low.
JohnDoe

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 02:00:47 AM

...but many people pirate movies off of the internet and the punishment for being caught is pretty low.

"A federal jury on Thursday found Jammie Thomas-Rasset liable in the nation’s only Recording Industry Association of America file-sharing case to go to trial, dinging her $1.92 million for infringing 24 songs.

Thomas-Rasset (then just Jammie Thomas) went to trial two years ago, and was ordered to pay $222,000 by a different jury for the same songs. The judge in the first case declared a mistrial. Thomas-Rasset opted for a new trial instead of settling like the 30,000-plus others the RIAA has sued or threatened to sue for copyright infringement.

Thomas-Rasset, fined $80,000 a track, told our sister publication, Ars Technica, she wouldn’t pay."
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2011, 02:02:38 AM

Then you'll also know that the people care no matter how easy it is far more when the severity of punishment goes up, and if BTC were serious enough to make illegal, then surely (like all serious financial offences) punishment would run high.  It's easy to rob a shop, but stealing is a serious crime and barely anybody does it, but many people pirate movies off of the internet and the punishment for being caught is pretty low.

This can all be solved by moving the bitcoin network over to a darknet (such as onion or i2p), in which case the government(American) can only block people using those services (which it currently can't do).

No the real target when the authorities want to clamp down on bitcoin will not be the network itself, but the exchanges. It is the exchanges that give bitcoin a lot of it liquidity, and it's exchange value gives people more confidence in it's usage as a currency, right now there are far too few goods and services that can be bought with bitcoin so the exchanges are crucial to it's healthy growth in use.

Shut down the exchanges and you kill bitcoin, it also doesn't help that the exchanges themselves are very vulnerable to authority action.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2011, 02:05:37 AM

...but many people pirate movies off of the internet and the punishment for being caught is pretty low.

"A federal jury on Thursday found Jammie Thomas-Rasset liable in the nation’s only Recording Industry Association of America file-sharing case to go to trial, dinging her $1.92 million for infringing 24 songs.

Thomas-Rasset (then just Jammie Thomas) went to trial two years ago, and was ordered to pay $222,000 by a different jury for the same songs. The judge in the first case declared a mistrial. Thomas-Rasset opted for a new trial instead of settling like the 30,000-plus others the RIAA has sued or threatened to sue for copyright infringement.

Thomas-Rasset, fined $80,000 a track, told our sister publication, Ars Technica, she wouldn’t pay."

That is true but these cases are few and far between and are merely meant to be used as a scare tactic, these methods clearly do not scale. But p2p downloading has grown exponentially despite all the "dangers", the truth is, if it's easy to use people don't care, they don't feel like they are hurting anyone, they don't notice any risk (there is risk but it is relatively small, just like there is a risk you will die every time you leave home).

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Veltas

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 02:07:27 AM

A bunch of extreme cases... you try stealing that much physically and you'll see worse.  These people likely pirated mass quantities anyway.
Veltas

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 02:10:08 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2011, 04:40:30 AM by Veltas

This can all be solved by moving the bitcoin network over to a darknet (such as onion or i2p), in which case the government(American) can only block people using those services (which it currently can't do).

No the real target when the authorities want to clamp down on bitcoin will not be the network itself, but the exchanges. It is the exchanges that give bitcoin a lot of it liquidity, and it's exchange value gives people more confidence in it's usage as a currency, right now there are far too few goods and services that can be bought with bitcoin so the exchanges are crucial to it's healthy growth in use.

Shut down the exchanges and you kill bitcoin, it also doesn't help that the exchanges themselves are very vulnerable to authority action.

I think you have a point, but let's remember that the exchanges are more flexible and could be conducted without government restriction elsewhere, right now they're easy to clamp down on because we simply don't need to worry about that yet.
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 02:45:07 AM

I'd like to book two or three girls in order to celebrate the bitcoin parity.  They have to be tall, caucasian and good looking.  If they can bring cocaine, I buy that too.  Girls have to stay the night and accept anal, ass-to-mouth, gaging, deepthroat and spanking.    I'm sado so at least one of them has to be maso.  If the others accept to be beaten, it's good but I'm ok if they refuse that.  Yet all of them have to accept at least a few strong slaps in the face.

Please PM me photos and fares.

Veltas

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 02:48:21 AM

I'd like to book two or three girls in order to celebrate the bitcoin parity.  They have to be tall, caucasian and good looking.  If they can bring cocaine, I buy that too.  Girls have to stay the night and accept anal, ass-to-mouth, gaging, deepthroat and spanking.    I'm sado so at least one of them has to be maso.  If the others accept to be beaten, it's good but I'm ok if they refuse that.  Yet all of them have to accept at least a few strong slaps in the face.

I'll have what he's having.
dingus

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 03:11:38 AM

Yet all of them have to accept at least a few strong slaps in the face.

Ahh, the relaxing qualities of slapping multiple women in the face. Makes you feel GOOOD.

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting
Anonymous

February 10, 2011, 05:13:30 AM

You forgot they must bring you sandwiches.
sandos

Activity: 440

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 06:38:27 AM

I will pay for a video of this meetup!

lumos

Activity: 157
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 10:11:28 AM

Also, I don't think people realise the severity of BTC becoming illegal; if it does that then it will ruin it forever.  BTC can thrive right now with nobody touching it, but as soon as it's illegal the community will become a fraction of what it was and the dream can never happen, whatever that was.

+1 see trying to ban bittorent
Veltas

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 10:52:18 AM

+1 see trying to ban bittorent

Bittorent already had a large userbase of people prepared to break the law.  Right now Bitcoin is entirely legal and we don't have any real restrictions, and yet everyone's still so blasé about the prospect of government opposition.

Surely we want to avoid government attention, I thought that was the whole point about anonymous transactions over P2P connections that have no value whatsoever other than what we have given it through our own personal and anonymous use.

I understand that some people oppose government openly, but we should be more tact about opposing government with Bitcoin, especially since that isn't its only possibility.  We already oppose it enough just making transactions with no taxation but since it isn't mainstream there's nothing wrong with that; Bitcoin isn't mainstream so Bitcoin is untaxable, when we make it mainstream it loses that subtlety and legality comes into it.

Bitcoin can still provide everyday items without worrying about legality now, if only people would deal in Bitcoin normally, and this would work without making Bitcoin mainstream.  Bitcoin shouldn't become a recognised currency, it should just be recognised by people seeking its benefits.  Although it's unlikely you'll be buying your groceries with Bitcoin anytime soon with this approach, I feel that Bitcoin will be better off in the long term if we're careful about what we do with it.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 02:36:31 PM

I will pay for a video of this meetup!

I can't wait until I see this on RedTube...

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 02:44:22 PM

but we should be more tact about opposing government with Bitcoin, especially since that isn't its only possibility.  We already oppose it enough just making transactions with no taxation

This is exactly what i meant earlier.

The approach of a lot of people here is "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, GOOO DIEEE GOVERNMENT MOTHAFUCKAS, BGING IT ON BITCHEZ - WE'RE GONNA KICK YOUR DAMN ASS WITH BITCOIN !!!!!!1111oneone".

In theory, this is good, because government deserves to get their asses kicked long ago.
But in practice this is a "frontal attack using front door" strategy and it won't work, because government is perfectly prepared for a frontal attack. They are good at this.

If you want to defeat government, you have to be cautious, careful, patient. Work slow, don't attract too much attention, popularize bitcoin among traders & exchangers, and then, before government(s) realizes, there will be no turning back from Bitcoin becoming a world currency.

But it seems a lot of people on this forum are not grown up enough to understand that.

Veltas

View Profile
February 10, 2011, 03:10:47 PM

The approach of a lot of people here is "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, GOOO DIEEE GOVERNMENT MOTHAFUCKAS, BGING IT ON BITCHEZ - WE'RE GONNA KICK YOUR DAMN ASS WITH BITCOIN !!!!!!1111oneone".

Quite true...

If you want to defeat government, you have to be cautious, careful, patient. Work slow, don't attract too much attention, popularize bitcoin among traders & exchangers, and then, before government(s) realizes, there will be no turning back from Bitcoin becoming a world currency.

Sounds wise to me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: