Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:59:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you ever bought crypto directly for cash?
Yes - 38 (65.5%)
No - 14 (24.1%)
No, but I would like to - 6 (10.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you buy or sell crypto for cash?  (Read 871 times)
Crumple Cat (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:19:59 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 02:47:11 PM by Crumple Cat

Hey guys,

I'm doing a little research now about using cash (paper money) for direct buying or selling crypto in different countries and I need your help. Could you share please your experience of such deals in your country? In what way are you doing this? And what were the problems or the advantages of this way? If you can, please tell about which country you speak, then this research will be more practical.

The results of this research can help improve Dether dapp the beta release of which will be in the coming days (the first dapp beta release for Business already launched http://shop.dether.io). The main strategic mission of this project is the breaking barriers to the mass adoption of Ether and crypto in general. The team believes that a convenient, mobile, decentralized, p2p way to buy and sell crypto for cash is able to significantly contribute to this and their opinion is shared by Consensys in the person of Ethereum co-founder, Joseph Lubin, which support them. I'm also long-standing and sincere contributor to Dether and I will be grateful to you for your help in this research Smiley

p.s.
Recently, Dether team interviewed citizens of ten countries to learn how to deal with the purchase / sale of crypto in general, in their countries. If you are interested to know what crypto enthusiasts from Tanzania, Czech Republic, Senegal, Vietnam, Congo, Philippines and others countries talk about it, you can get acquainted with the results of the interview in this Medium article https://medium.com/@DETHER/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ingenuitive-what-it-is-really-like-to-buy-and-sell-cryptocurrency-8fdfbfc2aee7. In this thread, as you already understood, I want to learn about the ways of buying / selling crypto directly for cash.

Dether Bug Bounty is available now. Join the Personal Dapp testing now:
https://medium.com/@DETHER/dethers-bug-bounty-program-beta-testing-e9f1bb4fec73

Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:26:46 PM

We do a lot of exchange of crypto for cash and vice versa in my country and i am  also into that. It is quite easier to do that than getting it done on exchange site. The way it is done is that:
A social media platform is created, where the admin, who is a trusted person, becomes the middleman between the buyer and the seller. Most times, we may not know the middleman in person, by in a way, we may have built trust in him.
I have found this to work effectively and i like it.
I believe i have been able to make meaning contribution.
If you have any other question as regards this, i am ready to provide you with answers.
gon

Activity: 460
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:35:17 PM

Localbitcoins is working flawless for me. I already made over 50 deals there.
Also, there are few companies what are working as a middleman with 2-5% commission. But this is the way to get your money in bank account really fast.
Sohag Barman
Copper Member

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:45:55 PM

In my site there have no way to make cash with cryptocurrency. Some short buyer take BTC or ETH then I make some cash. But big withdraw never possible in my site. It is major issue for me.
Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:26:46 PM

We do a lot of exchange of crypto for cash and vice versa in my country and i am  also into that. It is quite easier to do that than getting it done on exchange site. The way it is done is that:
A social media platform is created, where the admin, who is a trusted person, becomes the middleman between the buyer and the seller. Most times, we may not know the middleman in person, by in a way, we may have built trust in him.
I have found this to work effectively and i like it.
I believe i have been able to make meaning contribution.
If you have any other question as regards this, i am ready to provide you with answers.

Hey, thanks for your feedback and your responsiveness Smiley I really have questions.
In passing, if you can, please tell about which country you speak, this will make the research more practical.
Regarding the way you said about it, yes, it's clear to me, but what are its shortcomings at your discretion? Or are they not now?

Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:30:43 PM

Localbitcoins is working flawless for me. I already made over 50 deals there.
Also, there are few companies what are working as a middleman with 2-5% commission. But this is the way to get your money in bank account really fast.

Thank you for sharing your experience Smiley
If this is possible, it would be cool to know what country you are talking about, this would help make the research more practical.

Eros1on

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:35:35 PM

I made a lot of money by buying and selling encryption, and then I was in a state of investment encryption, and I was grateful to the BTC for giving me the opportunity to make money.

Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:44:00 PM

Yes i've been selling crypto for cash in my country there's an company who buy and sell bitcoin for the exchange of money this company called coins.ph which i can easily buy or sell bitcoin on it and also i can cashout my much money because of selling bitcoin on the company
SirgulioB

Activity: 477
Merit: 102

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:51:27 PM

Very rarely and only with my friends. I got the bulk of my crypto currency for work. This is a very convenient way because there are no commissions (except commission for transaction) and taxes. In the future, I plan to start more actively dealing with crypto currency, perhaps I will open my exchange office.

══════════════[ LYRA ] | Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain | [ LYRA ]══════════════
┌[ Social Media ]──▸───▸───▸───▸───▸───▸// ◈ BitcointalkTelegramTwitterLinkedIn // ┐
└ \\ ✓Customizable tokens  ✓NFTDeFiDEX  ✓Revenue share \\◂───◂───◂─── [ Main Features ] ┘
boss82_big

Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:55:30 PM

So in my country it is very common practice to buy different tokens for real money. On my own experience, I can say that I was selling several times ETH, I just looked for a person who has cash and we exchanged at the rate
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:58:24 PM

Absolutely yes, i've being buying and selling crypto for cash here in my country for years using luno.com and some other Trusted Escrow groups. I as well sell my asset for FIAT through peer to peer system, where you sell to someone you know like a friend or we have a meeting point if there is neccessity for that but all over trust is absolutely necessary in anywhere you are selling or buying. Crypto is of no use to us if we can't exchange it to our desired FIAT at our convenient time.
GreedIsNotBad

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:58:53 PM

I bought a lot of crypto with cash, I don't understand the use of this topic.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:02:21 PM

No I did not buy and I would have love to buy but I did not have enough money to put into cryptos any more. Cryptos Rule No 1. Also invest what you are willing to lose.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:08:20 PM

Hey guys,

I'm doing a little research now about using cash to buy or sell crypto in different countries and I need your help. Could you share about your experience of buying or selling crypto for cash in your country? In what way are you doing this? And what were the problems or the advantages of this way?
If you can, please tell about which country you speak, then this research will be more practical.

The results of this research can help develop Dether dapp (about which you may have already heard), the main strategic mission of which is the breaking barriers to the mass adoption of ether and crypto in general. The team believes that cash can significantly contribute to this and their opinion is shared by Consensys in the person of the co-founder of Ethereum, Joseph Lubin, which support them. I'm also long-standing and sincere contributor to Dether p2p dapp and I will be grateful to you for your help in this research Smiley

In our country localbitcoins and coinbase are more supportive but why you are creating these kind of thread. If you want to know the exact analysis you can research our own this will always help to understand the exact report.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
Coinhype

Activity: 204
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:14:32 PM

I always try to buy cryptocurrencies with fiat money. Because i dont want to spend other cryptocurrencies to buy other cryptocurrencies. Theres an example. When i invest in a Initial coin offering, and i pay with Ethereum, they wll need some months before they got listed on an exchange. So in this months it can happen that the thereum price will go 3x or more. And when you got your tokens or coins on the exchange, they have the same price like on the ico. Thats why i dont like to buy cryptos with other cryptos.
arthurgrand

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:17:51 PM

You can only afford to buy more in this present market. All coins are in their lowest you can get them for the rest of this year. Grab as much as you can now!
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:30:01 PM

I tried it one time. Last year january i bought 3 bitcoins with the price of 790 usd per coin from a friend of mine i know it's very cheap compared on the actual price bitcoin that time which is 1000 usd and i held it for almost a year and sold it in last november with selling price of 15k usd per coin.

Anyways in my country the only way to buy bitcoin thru coins.ph a wallet/exchange site you have to verify your identity first before cashing out your bitcoins and turn into money and also they have limit to depositing money and withdrawal of your money.
indrofx78

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:00:54 PM

I never bought crypto with cash,
I get the crypto coin from the campaign.

and from the results of the campaign I took part
to save to local currency
Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:24:33 PM

In my site there have no way to make cash with cryptocurrency. Some short buyer take BTC or ETH then I make some cash. But big withdraw never possible in my site. It is major issue for me.

Thank you for your feedback. But did I understand you correctly...Sometimes you sell your BTC or ETH to other people and directly for cash? That is, you meet with another person, send crypto to his wallet and he gives you cash (paper money)?

Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:35:42 PM

There are quite a few stock exchanges to buy crypto currency for money. 
I usually just sell. If there is ETH, then you can sell it immediately with the output to the card. And if there is a token, I first exchange it for any crypto currency, but then you can sell it and put it on the card.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: