Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:34:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you ever bought crypto directly for cash?
Yes - 38 (65.5%)
No - 14 (24.1%)
No, but I would like to - 6 (10.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you buy or sell crypto for cash?  (Read 871 times)
Crumple Cat (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:26:21 PM

There are quite a few stock exchanges to buy crypto currency for money. 
I usually just sell. If there is ETH, then you can sell it immediately with the output to the card. And if there is a token, I first exchange it for any crypto currency, but then you can sell it and put it on the card.

Hey, you probably didn't understand me correctly, although it's my fault. I didn't specify what I mean by paper money and direct purchase/sale of crypto using them. I already specified this in my original post Smiley

paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:03:57 PM

And than you did not arrange Localbitcoins? A good exchange for these operations. I would use it
platinov_and

Merit: 110

SPOKKZ

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:11:47 PM

Hey guys,

I'm doing a little research now about using cash (paper money) for direct buying or selling crypto in different countries and I need your help. Could you share please your experience of such deals in your country? In what way are you doing this? And what were the problems or the advantages of this way? If you can, please tell about which country you speak, then this research will be more practical.

The results of this research can help improve Dether dapp (https://dether.io/) the beta release of which will be in the coming days. The main strategic mission of this project is the breaking barriers to the mass adoption of Ether and crypto in general. The team believes that a convenient, mobile, decentralized, p2p way to buy and sell crypto for cash is able to significantly contribute to this and their opinion is shared by Consensys in the person of Ethereum co-founder, Joseph Lubin, which support them. I'm also long-standing and sincere contributor to Dether and I will be grateful to you for your help in this research Smiley

p.s.
Recently, Dether team interviewed citizens of ten countries to learn how to deal with the purchase / sale of crypto in general, in their countries. If you are interested to know what crypto enthusiasts from Tanzania, Czech Republic, Senegal, Vietnam, Congo, Philippines and others countries talk about it, you can get acquainted with the results of the interview in this Medium article https://medium.com/@DETHER/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ingenuitive-what-it-is-really-like-to-buy-and-sell-cryptocurrency-8fdfbfc2aee7. In this thread, as you already understood, I want to learn about the ways of buying / selling crypto directly for cash.

I only got acquainted with the crypto-currency world, then I bought a crypt for currency for fiat money.
My friend assisted in buying me and I am very grateful for this.
He taught me to trade at the exchanges.

────────  SPOKKZ  ────────  
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── Join Pre-Sale
dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:13:27 PM

Buying or selling crypto for cash directly? Do you mean something like face to face deal?
If it is what you mean then I never done it before, I think it is because most crypto trader will prefer to use an exchange for it for easier transaction. Dealing with crypto face to face also not really recommended imo, as it is very dangerous if we do not know who are person we are going to deal.
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:20:22 PM

In my country the best way to either buy or sell cryptocurrencies is through face to face deal once you get to the exchangers office you send the bitcoin to his/her wallet and at the end the value of the bitcoin you send will be calculated in the value of your local currency base on the exchange rate of dollars to your local currency at that time and the money transfer to you bank account or given to you in cash.
Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:13:34 AM

Yes, I sell the crypt for cash. I recently had to sell a little ether.
not the best time, but i want to eat)

Thank you for sharing your case Smiley Could you tell me exactly how you sold your ether for cash?
And by the way, it turns out that you needed to change ether to your local currency in order to buy food, which requires time and additional costs. Direct purchase of food for crypto would be more profitable and convenient. This is why Dether team focus on this issue and offer special opportunities. Any local\street business can connect to the app, place itself on the map as a business and receive ether and other crypto later as payment for their goods or services.

Crumple Cat (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:34:23 PM

I bought many times the cryptocurrency for cash. But I did it through friends and acquaintances with whom we simply exchanged cash for cryptocurrency with each other.  But your idea is very interesting and I think that it will help many, including me, because now it's hard to find people to exchange

Thank you for your feedback and join the testing soon Smiley

supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:38:06 PM

Yes I sold some bitcoins to my friends for direct cash because they are very new to the bitcoin at that time so I don't want them to be get scammed so I sold my personal holdings to them and get cash directly into my hand but this is not suit for trading with stranger so be careful if you are going to make face to face transactions and meet at the public place to avoid any problems.
skelethon

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 01:05:16 PM

Yes I sold some bitcoins to my friends for direct cash because they are very new to the bitcoin at that time so I don't want them to be get scammed so I sold my personal holdings to them and get cash directly into my hand but this is not suit for trading with stranger so be careful if you are going to make face to face transactions and meet at the public place to avoid any problems.

You probably regret that now, don't you? Grin

I can't really think of a situation where you'd want to make that trade unless you desperately really need that cash, right now.
BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:12:42 PM

I really don't like using cash, and try to limit my cash usage, both when it comes to crypto or daily life.

Can't really think of a reason why you'd want to buy crypto for cash though, maybe if you're super limited but idk.

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:14:07 PM

You probably regret that now, don't you? Grin

I can't really think of a situation where you'd want to make that trade unless you desperately really need that cash, right now.
Do you understand what I am telling? Roll Eyes

I sold them for the cash then later I bought again bitcoins it is the problem?I didn't make money with this trade because they are my friends.Do you earn profits from your friends too?
maxim4eg123

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:21:25 PM

Yes. Where I live all cryptop transactions are paid in cash. Most of the time, because cash is indispensable in life and such transactions
eye-con

Activity: 449
Merit: 102

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:13:14 PM

Hey guys,

I'm doing a little research now about using cash (paper money) for direct buying or selling crypto in different countries and I need your help. Could you share please your experience of such deals in your country? In what way are you doing this? And what were the problems or the advantages of this way? If you can, please tell about which country you speak, then this research will be more practical.

The results of this research can help improve Dether dapp (https://dether.io/) the beta release of which will be in the coming days. The main strategic mission of this project is the breaking barriers to the mass adoption of Ether and crypto in general. The team believes that a convenient, mobile, decentralized, p2p way to buy and sell crypto for cash is able to significantly contribute to this and their opinion is shared by Consensys in the person of Ethereum co-founder, Joseph Lubin, which support them. I'm also long-standing and sincere contributor to Dether and I will be grateful to you for your help in this research Smiley

p.s.
Recently, Dether team interviewed citizens of ten countries to learn how to deal with the purchase / sale of crypto in general, in their countries. If you are interested to know what crypto enthusiasts from Tanzania, Czech Republic, Senegal, Vietnam, Congo, Philippines and others countries talk about it, you can get acquainted with the results of the interview in this Medium article https://medium.com/@DETHER/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ingenuitive-what-it-is-really-like-to-buy-and-sell-cryptocurrency-8fdfbfc2aee7. In this thread, as you already understood, I want to learn about the ways of buying / selling crypto directly for cash.

I did it once with my friends too. I bought their token because he doesnt have his own eth to fund the transaction fee to transfer it on the exchanger. so I bought it, the price is same as the market.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
sammyp

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:47:36 PM

Cryptocurrency is not well known in my country so
we the few who are into cryptos have no option like exchanging
for other goods and services. The best we can do with our cryptos is to sell for cash.
 The only problem is that the transaction has to be confirmed before you get your cash.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
f150

Activity: 606
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:07:03 PM

I sell more often to make money, and buy only a few when it comes down and sells it when it goes up.
Balab01

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

B пoиcкe

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:32:50 AM

For me, withdrawing coins from my wallet is always really long procces, because in my country there is less developed cryptocurrency.

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
BrBoy

Activity: 453

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:20:33 PM

I always have problems with cashing out the cryptocurrency. In my country there are no terminals yet, using which you can immediately remove the scourge of translations.
sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:42:38 PM

I remember first time bought crypto from my room mate who is in crypto world for last 6 years,i gave him cash and he transferred me BTC on my poloniex exchange.Since then i have been trading in Crypto world.I have sold many time through localbitcoins,simply payment is transferred into my bank account and in exchange i transfer BTC.So thats all.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
aceat64

Activity: 307

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:19:41 PM

I have not even withdrawn my funds from muetherwallet, but I'm afraid to store them there too because of the large number of hacker attacks.
Almasani

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 08:38:07 PM

Yes, I once bought and sold coins directly using conventional money. The most often I do is buy coins that do not have a market after the coins are distributed. Of course coins can we get from people who need money suddenly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: