Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:14:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] IOS - Signature & Avatar Campaign | Up to $150/week  (Read 23956 times)
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:03:55 AM

@yvonnexhaha

Thanks for this annoucement. Good to see that someone from IOST team is concerned and ready to solve this unfortunate issue, because bounty participants already started to leave campaign.

If you can, please also share any information about the reason of MadZ absence.
Cinazhang

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

Secure, scalable blockchain that actually works

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 01:12:26 PM

@yvonnexhaha

Thanks for this annoucement. Good to see that someone from IOST team is concerned and ready to solve this unfortunate issue, because bounty participants already started to leave campaign.

He's been in China and apparently they've been cracking down on VPN's and he's been struggling.

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 04:15:55 PM

@yvonnexhaha

He's been in China and apparently they've been cracking down on VPN's and he's been struggling.
That isn't much of a reason for a general to abandon his soldiers at war front! All the same, it is good news to know MadZ is alright and that the IOST team is now on top of the situation. Thanks for heeding our sos call @Cinazhang.
ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 05:37:31 PM

@Cinazhang

Thanks for the information, now we knew that the reason why MadZ can't contact us or to make a transaction it's because of he/she's in China which is I think they prohibited the use of cryptocurrency and the China is taking down MadZ VPN.

MadZ didn't abandon us, he/she just can't do anything to contact us or to make payments. Is it right?
Cinazhang

Activity: 378

Secure, scalable blockchain that actually works

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:16:31 PM

Hi all, I am an official representative of the IOST team.

First, I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire Internet of Services Foundation for the delay of payment during the past month.

Second, we were able to get in touch with MadZ yesterday and will be solving this issue as quickly as possible. We will make sure that everyone is compensated for the work they have done within the parameters of the campaign, and will also add a 5% bonus to the amounts you are owed as way of apology.

Lastly, we truly appreciate the work you have done to spread IOST across the crypto-sphere and hope that you will continue to interact with our community going forwards!

We understand that you have already been kept waiting far too long, but we ask for your patience as we work with MadZ to to remedy this situation.

We will work until the end. After all, this information is the only thing that we need in order for us to keep working for you. Hope that it will be alright on your end.
@Cinazhang

Thanks for the information, now we knew that the reason why MadZ can't contact us or to make a transaction it's because of he/she's in China which is I think they prohibited the use of cryptocurrency and the China is taking down MadZ VPN.

MadZ didn't abandon us, he/she just can't do anything to contact us or to make payments. Is it right?

Check the post above of Yvonne

jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 02:47:58 AM

Still nothing even 3 days after an "official" response from the IOST team?

To be completely frank, i'm pretty disappointed about the performance of the IOST team and this probably reflects as much on the value of their project as well. This is a simple problem and I would expect brilliant minds who are competing against other I-o-T projects would have come up with a better solution.

I understand MadZ is in China but how difficult is it really to use the internet? Do we even need to depend on MadZ alone? Just my 2 cents.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:29:00 AM

To be completely frank, i'm pretty disappointed about the performance of the IOST team and this probably reflects as much on the value of their project as well. This is a simple problem and I would expect brilliant minds who are competing against other I-o-T projects would have come up with a better solution.

I understand MadZ is in China but how difficult is it really to use the internet? Do we even need to depend on MadZ alone? Just my 2 cents.
I agree, I am very disappointed too, on how this was handled.  Sad I was very excited about this new project and this is the only reason I have stuck with the campaign, ignoring all the red flags.

Even at the beginning of this campaign, MadZ was very unpredictable and often not on time with payments. I don't think he was on time with any of the payments if I remember right.
We all have real-life commitments like a job/school/kids but if you can't handle this part, then why would you engage in extra work here? I would not recommend MadZ for any future campaign management work.

I would have expected more implication from the IOST team too, since marketing is a very important part when it comes to crypto currencies that are just starting out.

Throwing in a 5% bonus seems to me like a very low price to pay for this (since they don't really pay for anything, they already own the coins).
Considering that week 5 is almost over and we still don't know a date when we're going to be paid or from which funds since the amount MadZ has is not enough to pay everyone.  Undecided

I still hope the IOST team will truly come back with way to compensate people and try to "clear" the name of IOST on BCT.
MadZ (OP)

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:49:52 AM

Hello everyone! I would like to start by saying that I am currently in touch with the IOST team and will be receiving funds within the next few days to cover the payments that have been missed over the past 4 weeks (in addition to this final round). On behalf of the IOST team, I would like to sincerely apologize for this delay. While I am sure many of you blame IOST for this, that blame is entirely mine, as I will explain below.

Before getting into that, I understand that many of you may have left the campaign for other opportunities during this time period. I would like to assure these people, as well as those still in the campaign, that they will receive full payment for the weeks they have been active. Additionally, the IOST team will be adding a 5% bonus to all payments as additional compensation for this delay.

With that out of the way, I would like to personally apologize for my lack of communication during this time period. I am sure you are all probably wondering where I have been. Am I dead, or, even worse, am I scammer? Fortunately, I am neither, however, I don’t blame you if you wish I was the former at this point. You deserved better, and I am sorry for failing you as your campaign manager.

As Cinazhang mentioned, the reason for my absence is that I have been in China for the past few weeks. This is a country I have never visited before, and although I was aware of the fact that internet access would be restricted, I improperly prepared myself for how severe these restrictions would be. I only bought one VPN before coming, and it has not worked since I got here. While I knew Telegram and Google would be blocked, I honestly did not expect Bitcointalk to be blocked as well. This was extremely naive of me, considering the government’s attitude towards crypto.

Under this assumption, I did not inform anyone at IOST I was traveling to China before I did so. This was another stupid decision on my part. As mentioned before, Telegram is also blocked in China. Telegram has also been my primary means of communication with the IOST team throughout these past few months. In light of this, it wasn’t until a few days ago that they actually knew why I was out of contact, and  it wasn’t until today that I was able to find a website that was not blocked through which to download a working VPN.

I say this because I would like to distinguish between myself and the IOST team. The reason I agreed to help out with this project is because I personally knew someone working with IOST. I had no relation with IOST prior to this campaign, and I am unlikely to afterwards. I offered to work on this because it is a project I think deserves more attention, and because I have been involved in this community for 5 years now. No doubt my reputation has probably been ruined after this, however, it saddens me to think that my failure should extend towards IOST. All I ask is that you direct your (deserved) negativity towards me and not towards this project.

Finally, I would like to say that I can not in good faith receive full payment for my mistakes over the past few weeks. While the IOST team has graciously offered as much, I will also be adding another 5% bonus to these payments from my own payment as a token of my apology, meaning all payments will be 10% above the amount stated in the original post. I know this can’t make things right, but I hope it goes a bit to express how sorry I am for the way I have handled things.

-Mad Z

MadZ (OP)

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:51:11 AM

I agree, I am very disappointed too, on how this was handled.  Sad I was very excited about this new project and this is the only reason I have stuck with the campaign, ignoring all the red flags.

Even at the beginning of this campaign, MadZ was very unpredictable and often not on time with payments. I don't think he was on time with any of the payments if I remember right.
We all have real-life commitments like a job/school/kids but if you can't handle this part, then why would you engage in extra work here? I would not recommend MadZ for any future campaign management work.

I would have expected more implication from the IOST team too, since marketing is a very important part when it comes to crypto currencies that are just starting out.

Throwing in a 5% bonus seems to me like a very low price to pay for this (since they don't really pay for anything, they already own the coins).
Considering that week 5 is almost over and we still don't know a date when we're going to be paid or from which funds since the amount MadZ has is not enough to pay everyone.  Undecided

I still hope the IOST team will truly come back with way to compensate people and try to "clear" the name of IOST on BCT.

The escrow address is being refilled in the next few days. I am also adding 5% from my own payment in addition to the other 5%. Please keep in mind that payments are pegged to USD values, so price fluctuations over the past few weeks will not affect the amount you are being paid now.
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:04:07 PM

Good to see you are back Madz  Smiley
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:07:39 PM

A big relief to see manager back! Welcome back Madz!

I think what everyone had was merely a natural response to the stressed out situation here. There is no right or wrong feeling I believe.  Smiley

We have seen the worst than this before.

We are glad you made it here safely! Power to the IOST as well.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:08:19 PM

Yay, good and long awaited news. Damn you Choina and your internet censorship! Welcome back MadZ.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:17:27 PM

Hello everyone! I would like to start by saying that I am currently in touch with the IOST team and will be receiving funds within the next few days to cover the payments that have been missed over the past 4 weeks (in addition to this final round). On behalf of the IOST team, I would like to sincerely apologize for this delay. While I am sure many of you blame IOST for this, that blame is entirely mine, as I will explain below.

Before getting into that, I understand that many of you may have left the campaign for other opportunities during this time period. I would like to assure these people, as well as those still in the campaign, that they will receive full payment for the weeks they have been active. Additionally, the IOST team will be adding a 5% bonus to all payments as additional compensation for this delay.

With that out of the way, I would like to personally apologize for my lack of communication during this time period. I am sure you are all probably wondering where I have been. Am I dead, or, even worse, am I scammer? Fortunately, I am neither, however, I don’t blame you if you wish I was the former at this point. You deserved better, and I am sorry for failing you as your campaign manager.

As Cinazhang mentioned, the reason for my absence is that I have been in China for the past few weeks. This is a country I have never visited before, and although I was aware of the fact that internet access would be restricted, I improperly prepared myself for how severe these restrictions would be. I only bought one VPN before coming, and it has not worked since I got here. While I knew Telegram and Google would be blocked, I honestly did not expect Bitcointalk to be blocked as well. This was extremely naive of me, considering the government’s attitude towards crypto.

Under this assumption, I did not inform anyone at IOST I was traveling to China before I did so. This was another stupid decision on my part. As mentioned before, Telegram is also blocked in China. Telegram has also been my primary means of communication with the IOST team throughout these past few months. In light of this, it wasn’t until a few days ago that they actually knew why I was out of contact, and  it wasn’t until today that I was able to find a website that was not blocked through which to download a working VPN.

I say this because I would like to distinguish between myself and the IOST team. The reason I agreed to help out with this project is because I personally knew someone working with IOST. I had no relation with IOST prior to this campaign, and I am unlikely to afterwards. I offered to work on this because it is a project I think deserves more attention, and because I have been involved in this community for 5 years now. No doubt my reputation has probably been ruined after this, however, it saddens me to think that my failure should extend towards IOST. All I ask is that you direct your (deserved) negativity towards me and not towards this project.

Finally, I would like to say that I can not in good faith receive full payment for my mistakes over the past few weeks. While the IOST team has graciously offered as much, I will also be adding another 5% bonus to these payments from my own payment as a token of my apology, meaning all payments will be 10% above the amount stated in the original post. I know this can’t make things right, but I hope it goes a bit to express how sorry I am for the way I have handled things.

-Mad Z

We are with you and IOST team til the end. We believe in you and this project MadZ that's why we stayed. Glad to have you back!
Alex077
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1209

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 12:26:02 PM

Hello everyone! I would like to start by saying that I am currently in touch with the IOST team and will be receiving funds within the next few days to cover the payments that have been missed over the past 4 weeks....
Glad to see you again MadZ...

A small amendment, not 4, but 5 weeks ...
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:54:25 PM

The escrow address is being refilled in the next few days. I am also adding 5% from my own payment in addition to the other 5%. Please keep in mind that payments are pegged to USD values, so price fluctuations over the past few weeks will not affect the amount you are being paid now.
Can you give us an exact date on when we are going to be paid?

BTW, Glad to see you're ok MadZ.
edgycorner

Activity: 1064
Merit: 382

Hurrah for Karamazov!

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:08:42 PM

10% bonus wow, we all were expecting madz to comeback like this Cheesy
I got lazy in the 4th week and didn't make posts :'c

But I will complete my this weeks's quota Cheesy
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:08:56 PM

Nice to know everything is ok despite the delays. I imagine the great firewall of China is really something difficult to bypass since it is probably blocking things at the most fundamental level like the ISPs or even further. And yes they do likely somehow block protocols on the packet by packet basis. Thanks everybody involved in getting a resolution to this delay. MadZ reputation should be ok still, but maybe people will think twice about hiring for future campaigns if they know about this one haha Grin
btccrusher

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 03:45:33 PM

Good to see you are safe, was really wondering something worst like "you are dead".
I can understand your situation now. Thank you for the extra 5% Smiley
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:26:29 PM

Finally, a relief has arrive  Cheesy

I'm glad that MadZ is all at piece while on the other country despite of the restraints from many different platforms due to the lack of internet he still manage to contact the IOS team. They were so worried while you were gone CM and some of them shows some disappointment and despair but thanks to the member of this camp, some of them are still in contact with the team.

PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:46:58 AM

Great news! Thanks for the update Madz! We're glad that you're doing fine. Thanks IOST for reaching out to Madz. More importantly congrats to all of us who endured this long to wait for our reward and here it is with 10% additional on top of our pay. Thanks IOST. The big question is when is the pay?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: