Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:49:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail  (Read 319585 times)
Danglen1010

Activity: 230
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:02:49 PM

Some reason why ICO fail is because their source is not enough to mine more coins.
Their system can not maintain its being firm in the crypto market because they don't planned very well the every steps that they need to do. Maybe they are sticking in to one strategic plan.
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:09:40 PM

•   Bad idea: Normally the failed ICOs don’t have an attractive idea behind their project.
•   Lack of regulatory reporting standards: There is no such obligation for ICOs to report on finding figures or on the economic position of the company.
•   Technological issues: Many projects are failing because of technological issues like lack of security.
•   Regional Disparities: As projects based in developing nations have low success rate than those based in developed nations.
Amel
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:13:46 PM

•   Bad idea: Normally the failed ICOs don’t have an attractive idea behind their project.
•   Lack of regulatory reporting standards: There is no such obligation for ICOs to report on finding figures or on the economic position of the company.
•   Technological issues: Many projects are failing because of technological issues like lack of security.
•   Regional Disparities: As projects based in developing nations have low success rate than those based in developed nations.

this is true, most average projects fail because of reason number 1. they don't have a good idea for future development.
on the other hand their project runs inconsistent with a predefined roadmap
gold1112

Activity: 196
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:17:10 PM

i think so. not 5o% fails.. its lack of campaigns.. we still have good ones

Before investing in an ICO, you must check out the background information about the team and the whole projects. Recently I have made research of such strong projects like Nebula AI and Merculet. It tooks me few days but it worths it.
Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:19:43 PM

Without any plan.
Copy pasting Whitepaper.
Just to make money.
These are prior reasons why most of the ICO fails.
These turns off the investor trust as well.
tumokatok

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:00:18 PM

ICO fail because of there lack of consistency to the roadmap and in ability to determine the accurate  amount of fund, required for implementation of project.

because the program developed is not very clear or useful in the future and the team is also not very convincing. And actually there are many reasons why ICO there is a failure in sales
strwy09

Activity: 138
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:26:10 AM

I think that many ico projects do not have a clear profit model. They think of the realization of the project as too simple and often overlook the project's prospects and project value.
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:45:10 AM

There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.

It may be true.
Additionally, some factors also influence why an ICO failed.
We may think about the fail of some ICOs because they don't reach the softcap or failed after their token is in the exchange.
First, the presence of ICO scams may make the investors scary to invest in ICO. Some of them turn back to buy the coins on the market.
Second, the project is also lack of the community. SPreading in the community is very important to introduce the project to the investors to be. It is also actually necessary to introduce the project with some meeting or show in some cities.
Then, it may be also related to the ready-product. We know that the ready product will be much better. We can also see the use of the token or coin offered by the ICO project. It is to guarantee after distribution, many people can use the tokens not only for selling or trading.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
Jombrangs

Merit: 258

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:15:55 AM

I think and based on my own understanding the reason why some ICO (Initial Coin Offering) companies fails in their journey is because of the least demands that they received in the blockchain market,
if the people did not support their services then there will be no reason for them to exist.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:22:22 AM

it seems to me normal that most projects do not meet expectations. In real businesses a similar picture, no more than 10% become successful.
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:27:22 AM

it seems to me normal that most projects do not meet expectations. In real businesses a similar picture, no more than 10% become successful.

That's the risk in ICO because you are not sure if the investors want's to support your bright idea. Also some ICO fail simply because of lack in preparation and function of their technology, some are just meant to be failed because of the team behind it.

Not reaching softcap and hardcap, too much airdrop, no useful project, hard to create and less experienced team on the project.

Common reasons  why ICO failed, and I think investor should make extra effort on reviewing the project so you will not lose your money.
Cilorku

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:29:51 AM

I think many of the factors that make ICO fail may be a less qualified marketing strategy can also because they give up when they work on the project, and can not handle it anymore. in my opinion, some ICOs are good and some are not good, based on what and how they handle the project. I think that is how the project team "works" on the project not only what their project objectives are. we must be observant in choosing the best ico for investment so as not to regret later.
mariogomer

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:33:18 AM

This list may be longer than this. I think people are afraid of fraud and don't invest in ICO for this reason.
Many ICOs will be more successful when it is market stabilized.

S T R A Y   ███  ANIMAL TOKEN -  CHARITY AND INVESTMENTS
─ ───── ─    BUY NOW       ─ ───── ─
WEBSITE     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     REDDIT     WHITEPAPER
dimb

Merit: 261

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:49:01 AM

main factors: reassessment of the current cost of the project at the stage of the ISO, inflation factor, bring to the market a large percentage of tokens not participating in the distribution, and the project and the team do not have significant incentives for development, the money is received - one can relax.
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:15:57 AM

Most of all beginnings in any sectors and spheres fail. It's absolutely normal, the creators of the projects themselves understand their mistakes
AAlex48

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:30:39 AM

If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
Most of ICO fail in their projects because most of their devs are just scammers , they just sell a big dream with innovating project and they promise you to buy a limbo in few months but few days later it's the same devs who buy his limbo with your fuckin money and disappear with millions of stupid people who believed in that scam .
Fraud in the ico area is a rather complex issue, as it is not regulated.Many opportunities, especially for those who have resources.It becomes almost impossible to distinguish between normal and fraud.
Not all ideas are just to collect money and disappear, it's too rude.Many continue to create the illusion of working and increasing money from the air.
idioma1

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:38:33 AM

Just a few words about date. According to a recent study, 418 of the 902 new crowdsales (46%) listed on Tokendata for 2017, have already failed. 142 failed during the ICO stage. 276 projects failed post-ICO. The situation is not the best. In my opinion these reasons are:
1. Bad Project Ideas/Use Cases
2. Technology Issues(i.e. scalability and security)
3. Regional Disparities
David Van

Activity: 133

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:40:10 AM

In my opinion ICO will be success or fail depend on the their team founder, if they really solid and professional to development their project for sure will success although many competitor in the market.
SnapFX

Activity: 588
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 06:43:24 AM

The ideas for creation of ICO were already exhausted therefore various variations on the same subject are thought out.
It is known that 80% of ICO projects are created only to collect money. Real products of the provided ICO, aren't enough.
In the future the number of ICO capable to realize the product still will decrease.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:46:54 AM

Most of ICO fail in their projects because most of their devs are just scammers , they just sell a big dream with innovating project and they promise you to buy a limbo in few months but few days later it's the same devs who buy his limbo with your fuckin money and disappear with millions of stupid people who believed in that scam .
Fraud in the ico area is a rather complex issue, as it is not regulated.Many opportunities, especially for those who have resources.It becomes almost impossible to distinguish between normal and fraud.
Not all ideas are just to collect money and disappear, it's too rude.Many continue to create the illusion of working and increasing money from the air.
A lot of countries are working on it right now. But the scam ico can be avoided through choosing the ico which has been created by trusted team or at least this guys have very good reputation and the majority of people are very familiar with them all. But of course all about the regulation to regulate ico but this kind of process will give a difficult things to the ico because they are all need to fill all of requirements from regulators.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: