Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:44:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit is so unfair  (Read 1428 times)
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:43:00 AM

I dont think same , merit is good system , yes its very hard to get , but last time a lot of bots program was farming BTT accounts here and people just sell it , thats why BTT admins decided to make merit system like that . Yes i known that to get hero or legendacy is very hard point now Smiley

Absolutely mate,  it is not unfair because the admin of this forum wants to understand that we should put or share a post which is valueble and having a sense. And as a community this is our only rule to give advice to newbies or to share some points of view about the coins. Some strategical advantage to who doesn't know what or how to gain btc or other coins here in cryptoworld.
that thing begin because of many spam in this forum, so admin make merit rule. this goal to encreasing post quality so can usefull for other members. we must respect admin decision and do the best post

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dimonhamon

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 11:59:12 AM

I think marit is not fair because many people is here to make money.And merit does not fulfill its function.People are doing the scam and doing it further. And one more thing, in order to get a higher rating, you need too much merit (from full member to sinior member nead 50 merit) Cry
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:09:45 PM

Isn't it so unfair for the people who is new here? That will be struggling making such as good quality post so they could be given a merit by someone. I know all of you is having a hard time thinking what are you going to post such as good quality.

I don't think so dude, everything is all fair in my perspective. Whether you are a Legendary or a Newbie, we all started from zero right? Then how come that it's unfair for you?
It is really hard to have a merit it is because as far as I know:
People are selfish. Even though you post a really good quality post still there is a people who won't give you a merit.
Some are alone. Like me, I don't really have much friend who would give me a free merit. I know that it is easy to have a merit with a friend that have an account of bitcointalk.
At the first one, you are right somehow but think it's only a little bit harsh to use "selfish". I deeply understand if some of the others doesn't give you (or even me) a merit because maybe they want more from your answer or maybe they they can't fully perceived what you meant.

At the second one, let me tell you this. You don't need to have lots of friends who are also members of this forum in order to rank up because if you really know to yourself that you are a good quality poster then there's nothing to worry about. Just continue your good posting habits and wait for them to award you.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:20:29 PM

I somehow agree on you, not all people will be recognized and awarded merit even though their posts are constructive and relevant to the topic and rather overlooked. Plus if you asked for merit, they will consider you as merit beggar. Not to mention, users with higher ranks before the merit system have gone easier regardless. As if everyone will be willing enough to give merits to random people with good posts.
I still see the point though, it is to discipline people and prevent spam.
 Could have been better if there is some other way to earn merit rather than being from other users.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:22:49 PM

Merit is not unfair because it is a new type of system of this forum to stop people from posting non-sense because they will only get merit from other people if their post makes sense and that is a good way to prevent spammers and shit posters. I agree to the merit system so we can really appreciate our ranks because it will take more effort and time before you get into a high rank.

No it will not be unfair it will only encourage the members of this bitcoin organization to make the best posts that are worth for reading , not just posting for the purpose to accomplish the required post per week by ICOs that does not have good ideas , legendary ,hero, senior ,and full members will give their merits if the post have the quality  and I believe in them.
It is good to do something good than only doing it, so if you want to improve your level and your merit grade then you will have to work hard and to share your post in forum which will make you grade high ad you will be good at bitcoin, today nothing is good to lose, use the opportunity there is huge stuff that you can discuss to encourage people about bitcoin investment, if more people will inspire from your post for every week the more your merit will be higher, so tie your west and get on your work for bitcoin posting good and useful stuff.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 12:24:48 PM

I'm not so happy about the merit system as well but i'm thinking that as we progress, merit will be more distributed less with those in power and more to those who actually are active in the forums. Hopefully we will get to a point in time where merit is not a scarce resource and we can actually get merit based on good quality posting and not just depend on the who and how many people we already know here.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 12:38:23 PM

Merit implementation is so heavy for the people who want to rank up since this they will stuck up for their current rank if they don't earn it, but theirs good thing merit brought up on this forum and those are sppaming and certain accounts sale which has been decrease due to the merit reasons.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Kolly

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:54:01 PM

Isn't it so unfair for the people who is new here? That will be struggling making such as good quality post so they could be given a merit by someone. I know all of you is having a hard time thinking what are you going to post such as good quality.

People are selfish. Even though you post a really good quality post still there is a people who won't give you a merit.
Some are alone. Like me, I don't really have much friend who would give me a free merit. I know that it is easy to have a merit with a friend that have an account of bitcointalk.

My question is. Why still need merit? We are still struggling to rank because of the merit.
I hope merit will be disappear soon because its hard to rank maybe if there is no merit i will fullmember this time.

[https://ubiatarplay.io/]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere With UbiatarPlay █
▬▬▬[/url]  Facebook   Whitepaper   Twitter  ▬▬▬
JCO05

Activity: 429

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:20:39 PM

My question is. Why still need merit? We are still struggling to rank because of the merit.
It really is. It prohibits the users particularly on this forum to rank up. It might be another system to filter the number of users which is currently high. It might be an additional system to regulate the forum. It supposed to be a good thing but since the users are not participating, it just became a problem especially for the users. Merit depends on the other users whether they will give you or not which makes it difficult to earn one.

btc78

Activity: 2492
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:22:49 PM

your totally wrong mate,look at service section many high ranking members or even those lower are offering their smerits for qualifying users,they ask you to put the links of your good post and if they find you good enough then awarding will follow.just put efforts and dedication to be qualified mate

burnchan

Activity: 240
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:24:21 PM

Dude I understand the pain behind it. But you have to adapt to it.  What I can do for you is,  send me your link that has a quality post.  I ll merit you If it's worth.  For your information, we have many now coming forward to give merits in Service section and others too.  Just keep providing your best.  Good things will follow you.  
At first I felt the same way, but then I realized that a rule is a rule. And this was created because it is a must because we need an additional control for spam. I do not have merit yet but I really try my best to create a constructive posts and i am hopeful that I will acquire my very first merit sooner.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:37:59 PM

I'm kinda agree. Although i'm already senior member, and it's enough already for me, since i can participate in bounty and such. But i think it will be hard for new member. They can't participate in bounty, and will have a hard time to up their rank. Especially since they're new, they're hardly know anything, and kinda hard as well to make great quality post.
Although the purpose for this system is good, but i think it's making some people have a hard time as well. And moreover, there are still spam posts around.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:58:02 PM

My friend its not unfair if merit would exist because multi account was started to expand and the leaders do this to prevent it.This is the best thing that they implemented so that we can continue our journey for this crypro currency.
Freddyclose

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:59:06 PM

yes the merit system is useless
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:59:35 PM

Yes that is true because if i were a newbie out here and them the merits are been established, then i will never have a chance to be in my rank now which is a full member and because of that merit i am never be able to go in a senior member which is just a week away back them if just the merits are not come to reality. It is hard to get a merit by other people even you have a wuality post because.me personally iw ipl not even bother to merit someone even if i like his or her post. Give beginners a chance
pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:26:51 PM

I definitely agree. Although merit has a good purpose,  but it isn't effective. People who know well each other or those who are close friends will compromise to give merit to each other which I think that's not fair. As my suggestion,  merit isn't supposedly given by other bitcoin users,  but it should be given by the system of bitcoin forum, the moderator of the thread,  or create a team that will give merit to bitcoin users.
galkind

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:43:39 PM

Do not worry, with time, you will also make some friends here. BTW it is not a good practice to give someone a merit just because he is your friend.
nicpaig

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:54:35 PM

I feel you but merit is for us also for the sake of improvement of this forum we need to follow the new rules. Yes it's so unfair because I'm also who is affected because of merit system. As you can see may activity is for full member but because of merit I'm stock.
Yeah i will agree this is the sake for our own good because the moderator knows how to make an improvement to this forum activities.
Birdiebig

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:58:51 PM

yes the merit system is useless
I think it would be better to divide many ranks for each rank. for example: JR member. 1 star, 2 star, .. 5 star. The same is the other rankings. It retains the rules of post and active. instead of applying merit. if they have team teams. They can share merit for each other without regard to post quality. But I think the forum operators have rules and other reasons to apply merit. We will have to obey the rules.
Rascar Capac

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:00:10 PM

I totally agree with you. The merits principle concerns a real problem: the multiaccount and it is a real scourge for the forum and for the bountys. Unfortunately, I find this system unfair and penalizing, especially for those who were ready to move up... You should have distributed the merits according to the activity and not according to the rank...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: