Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:41:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency to be accepted in shops by 2025?  (Read 5914 times)
Chris_CCreate (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:06:10 PM

Read more here about the survey that was done by Lendingblock:

https://www.globalbankingandfinance.com/55-percent-of-people-believe-cryptocurrency-will-be-widely-accepted-in-shops-and-on-the-bus-by-2025/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:35:44 PM

Hope it will happen much earlier - in 2019 or 2020

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
yoyolife121

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:37:54 PM

Great !!!!

I wish I will be alive to see this
gemajai

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

First Decentralize Mobile Service Telecom Company

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:42:13 PM

You could have added the word 'widely' to make the title of your thread post accurate. There are already some shops that have started accepting bitcoin as payment, so your post will not make sense to others since they think you mean shops will only start accepting cryptos by 2025.

The one who conducted the survey actually hosts people who love 'earning' a little income from answering surveys online. So I can't really say the 55% represents the general public accurately since most of the information about cryptocurrency is already probably known by these 'netizens' (unless they have members who just joined because they sincerely wanted to contribute their opinions even without pay --- which is highly unlikely).

2025? That's 7 years from now! When was the first bitcoin mined? January 2009 (that was like over 9 years ago). And what is the current status of bitcoin? Widely heard but still widely unknown (still many people don't understand how the blockchain technology works). So I'm not sure if I'm going to believe this survey that says after 7 years, it will be widely accepted in shops. I'm not saying it's impossible. I think, what should happen is that it should get rid of the 'middlemen' and the 'bad guys' first. The Cryptoworld expects that governments should soften their regulations against bitcoin so that its anonymity feature may function well. That there should be, as much as possible, NO KYC. Not so many shops will accept them if very few people use them. This means there should be a worldwide information drive about crypto. If this happens, then many people worldwide will start exploring cryptocurrency and start using it in exchanges. Along with these is also the abundance of fraudsters and scammers, which may still cause a large number of people to refuse using cryptocurrency. These bad guys will always cause the government to impose strict regulations on cryptocurrency, which is not good for crypto and its users. It is the middlemen (government, banks and other institutions that take some fees from us) that cryptocurrency would like to get rid of, but the same middlemen can help it at the moment against the group that can give it a bad name. Still a lot of complications, but the movement is getting more and more obvious. Smiley We will get there, but I'm not sure if 2025 will give cryptocurrency clear skies.

█████ █████  ██ MOBILINK-COIN ██  █████ █████
▬ FIRST DECENTRALIZED MOBILE SERVICE TELECOM COMPANY ▬ (https://mobilink.io/)
waorana

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:45:29 PM

Cryptocurrencies are the payment system of the future. I think they will be accepted before 2025 in stores in general, partly because all the big countries have started, or will soon start, to regulate this sector, and then to accept cryptocurrencies as a legal payment system
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:45:40 PM

It is already accepted in some shops so I'll speak of being accepted in all or next to all shops. I think that's too big of a stretch, I think in time the major retailers will integrate cryptocurrencies in to their payment options but for smaller retailers to do so will probably take some time. It took a long time for people to accept debit and credit cards and that was technology being developed by the 'trustworthy' banks.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
leea-1334

Activity: 2226
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:48:32 PM

I would be wary of research like this. A lot of people still do not really understand cryptocurrency and think that coins like Tether or even tokens like Bitconnect are correctly terms as cryptocurrency (yes, technically they exist on blockchain I know). But if the scenario is to come true, it would be only for Bitcoin, and perhaps for alts like ETH and LTC. And people would not make blockchain transactions to buses or shops. They would be using their crypto debit cards. So. Not true adoption to me.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
OneCoinMan

Activity: 644
Merit: 12

Alternative investment banking platform

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:50:28 PM

It is difficult to talk about this. Bitcoin scalability problem is the main problem, the main obstacle. Bitcoin will not become a means of payment until this problem exists. (check bitaps, there is TX info)

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Snakerist

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:59:02 PM

I think it will be a reality much sooner, if only governments don't block this adoption.

meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:59:38 PM

well it will happen in the future I'm sure of that, we will use cryptos to buy something in the shop and maybe all fast food restaurants will accept crypto as a payment. I think year 2025 starting to adopt crypto in any countries.

kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:03:12 PM

More and more business are accepting cryptos every day and there are coins like Pundi X. PXS will try to distribute 100K POS devices until the end of this year.

I think it will happen earlier as '19-21 max.

hodlftw

Activity: 326
Merit: 104

Santa Coin

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:09:25 PM

Or you know possibly even quicker like say 2018 Tongue. I know it won't be widely accepted this year, but if some big names can get on board first we could start a domino effect and reach most shops much before 2025 rolls around.

kashwin663

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:18:12 PM

yes. i think so
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:19:42 PM

A very interesting study. It very much coincides with my observations. But I do not agree that in 2025 bitcoin will be accepted in all stores. It seems to me that all governments will oppose this. They will not let bitcoin into the economy. To do this, they have a lot of leverage. But most importantly, the bitcoin community itself is not ready for it.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:24:39 PM

Yeah actually much faster. Just recently there was news that Nano is going to launch its software for the current card POS, which would make being able to accept Nano on the current POS possible. Meaning no separate machines or customized shit for being able to accept it.

Naman1111

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:25:51 PM

I think this will way before that. See once the BTC tops $50000 people will notice and with the help of new crypto companies like upcoin, pundix etc. 7 years from now there will whole new crypto economy which will be served only by innovation. It will be accopanied by the "coolness" factor . This will spread like wold fire and thus will be adopted majorly by every1.
Dread

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:28:36 PM

ofcourse will be listed more altcoins!
for example look at Byteball
https://byteball.org/milan/
now its a several real shops
and now you can remember about first pizza or t-shirt buyers for Bitcoin

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
chanpinchen

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:35:50 PM

Before we could think about the usage of crypto currencies commercially, the crypto community must first set up some essential financial structure similar to what our present currency is having to facilitate easy clearing and exchange of various crypto currencies. Also any crypto currency used should be relatively stable, that is not to fluctuate beyond certain band. All retail business have to make decent profit to survive , and to accept a crypto coin that is not easily exchangeable, highly unstable would not only wipe out their little profit might possibly bring them big loss. Target 2025 is too soon ,too tall a time frame to attain this goal. Ask people on the street, how many of them know about virtual currencies ?
nhattori27

Activity: 387
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:39:23 PM

Some of them have already started accepting bitcoin, in future other established altcoins will also be accepted such as Ethereum, Litecoin, and Neo.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:42:46 PM

I'm fully confidence if we look at how the cryptocurrencies performing in the last year, I'm really sure in the next 5 or 6 years it will be accepted by many merchants in the world. It could happen sooner though, but to be exact I agree 2025 is the year when cryptocurrencies is widely accepted.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: