Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:14:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin legal  (Read 1164 times)
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:08:26 PM

In some countries they make bitcoin illegal. I am glad that here  in our country the government is not making any move to make it illegal fact, they want to make bitcoin as a way of payment.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
blackdon01

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:10:21 PM

The perception of legality varies from different countires. In some countries bitcoin is very popular.On the other hand, few countries are banning crypto currency. But, it should not be considered illegal as long as the purpose of it is legitimate.
Nisharawal

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:13:38 PM

To the best of my knowledge, Bitcoin has not been made illegal by legislation in most jurisdictions. However, some jurisdictions (such as Argentina and Russia) severely restrict or ban foreign currencies. Other jurisdictions (such as Thailand) may limit the licensing of certain entities such as Bitcoin exchanges.
Regulators from various jurisdictions are taking steps to provide individuals and businesses with rules on how to integrate this new technology with the formal, regulated financial system.

But have you come to think of it... Whether Bitcoin can be used for illegal Activities...
What are some ways you think it can be used for? (illegal Activities) mention some.

According to many online websites and blogs, bitcoin is sandwich between the legal and illegal norms all around the world. In many countries, bitcoin is still in question as there is no control over it because of decentralization and that's why the government is making it illegal to save their citizens from scams and other fraudulent activities. Yes, there are high chances of using the bitcoin for illegal activities like Dealing drugs, Buying and selling arms and other illegal weapons, for spreading the terrorism everywhere, and for other crimes like Kidnapping and theft. Bitcoin transaction cannot be easily traced because of the highly anonymous transaction and we cannot get information like their name, address, ph.no etc.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain   ▰▰▰▰
WHITEPAPER   JOIN TELEGRAM   ◄ Ann Thread ►
East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:13:45 PM

I am worried because our  government is planning to ban bitcoin and make it illegal. Like other countries. I hope the mind of our government official will change. And not ban bitcoin but regulate it instead to make it safer.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:14:34 PM

sometimes I am also confused by the status of bitcoin, legal or illegal because the government in my country prohibits the use of bitcoin as payment but they also can not control and prohibit the use of bitcoin and circulation of bitcoin
It depends on a particular country if it will become legal or not otherwise, they are not participating any matter about bitcoin. For now, my country is slowly accepting bitcoin step by step at a time. I think that's a good signal that it will be legal soon. I'm pretty much excited for that to happen if governments are in unity to accept bitcoin as legal all over the world then there will be no pending matters.
fromnicetoevil

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:13:06 PM

As long as bitcoin has not be declared illegal to use and a penalty has not been put in place for the use and purchase of bitcoin then bitcoin remains a legal currency. Don't let any one tell you otherwise.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:53:53 PM

To the best of my knowledge, Bitcoin has not been made illegal by legislation in most jurisdictions. However, some jurisdictions (such as Argentina and Russia) severely restrict or ban foreign currencies. Other jurisdictions (such as Thailand) may limit the licensing of certain entities such as Bitcoin exchanges.
Regulators from various jurisdictions are taking steps to provide individuals and businesses with rules on how to integrate this new technology with the formal, regulated financial system.

But have you come to think of it... Whether Bitcoin can be used for illegal Activities...
What are some ways you think it can be used for? (illegal Activities) mention some.

Some countries consider bitcoin as illegal, and some countries consider it as legal,and I thank God that in my country, bitcoin is legal, because t is also our source of income, so that we can pay our debts.
There is a lot of confusion between the different countries when bitcoin is being discussed in it, some of the countries (Only a few) have banned it in their countries and some of the countries have allowed it to the people to deal in it and then there are other countries where they have turned a blind eye towards this issue and letting the people to deal in it without legislating about it. So the legality of the bitcoin varies with the name of the country.
yanlap

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:05:29 PM

only a few countries have declared Bitcoins ‘unlawful’ which means customers can’t use Bitcoins in ordinary transactions however that doesn’t imply that they cannot use it for making payments. it could be used for getting matters from the global marketplace or transferring cash throughout distinctive nations.

to this point, best Japan is the first us of a to apprehend and legalize Bitcoin, possibly because it turned into invented there. Many different international locations that oppose Bitcoins, do so because Bitcoin transactions occur without important protection and it’s hard to hint the parties involved in the transactions.

the difficulty is a lot complex inside the US, which is involved approximately who might do the legislating—the states or the center.
Actually, there are three categories of countries on the basis of bitcoin legalization. Those that have accepted it and let the citizens enjoy its facilities. Then the countries that have banned it. And at last come such states that have neither accepted it nor rejected it, so far these are silent on the topic. But the banning of bitcoin cannot stop anyone because there are many ways to hide your activities on internet and use bitcoin for earning profit.
Mazda17

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:14:27 PM

Is Bitcoin legal

Legal or not its a ver interesting question. Its need time to know about this. I think yes
A good opinion and so interesting to me.
Sometimes people do not think about illegal or legal bitcoins because they think about earning to support the daily needs of the family and most importantly they can follow bitcoin so they know enough about bitcoin, but I personally think bitcoin is still illegal in my country.
15putriutami

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:16:22 PM

In some country bitcoin is not legal because crypto can be used for crime transaction with no tracking detected, the government confuse if someone's is corruption and convert his corrupt's money into crypto.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:37:53 PM

My friend, before opening a new thread you should structure your ideas well so that the title of the thread is congruent with the idea, reflection or doubt that you will propose in the OP.

For example, reading the title of this thread and the first paragraphs, it seems that the main issue would be the legal status of bitcoin in different countries, but in reality all this was just a preamble to the question you ask at the end: for what illegal activities can be used bitcoin?

And to be honest, that question seems extremely irrelevant to the important discussion that can be generated regarding the legalization of bitcoin.
Marine8

Activity: 195

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 08:46:32 PM

It depends on the country that one lives in. While in other countries, ICOs but not bitcoin, are made illegal, other countries accept it. But in other countries there are no laws governing the use of bitcoin.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:30:26 PM

Of course, the bitcoin is being used for illegal activities online. But doing illegal activities with bitcoin does not make bitcoin illegal at all because bitcoin is being used for good too. Criminals are using good coins and diamonds in the past to pay for their malicious activities yet bitcoin join the race. They can buy whatever they want from hard drugs to unlicensed firearms to a nuclear warhead. who cares, anyway? But don't forget people are still buying stuff like cars, houses, yachts, and so on with bitcoins.   

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:42:43 PM

Bitcoin is banned in just a few countries, but will soon be accepted in most countries in the world. In these countries governments as well as financial institutions recognize the benefits of bitcoin, so they cannot but accept. The countries having banned crypto are countries who have issues with democracy and welfare.
Their are several criminal activities bitcoin is involved in, there's money laundering, weapons and drugs dealing, to name a few.

InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:48:53 AM

bitcoin legal policy depends on each country, because so far many countries that legalize bitcoin and some that do not legalize bitcoin. bitcoin is still in the speculation of pros and cons in various countries. but I think many citizens use bitcoin
Yep, it definitely depends on each country ,so we can’t consider it’s legal or illegal . We all know that bitcoin is created  by computer technology ,and even it’s still growing and becoming more and more popular all around the world. It gives all people can get approach whover they are. In some countries, cyptocurrency is accepted and it’s considered legal currency ,but some it doesn’t accept and they seem take it as illegal currency because they are afraid of the big impact that crypto take to economy. In any way,bitcoin always keeps developing, and I think almost countries gradually accept bitcoin as legal.
SabrinaBianka

Activity: 633
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:54:08 AM

Here in my local area bitcoin is legal, But government not considered as officially legal. And there is a function to use bitcoin to regulate. and can withdraw in the small bank and bigger bank. I wish someday government will announce that bitcoin is really officially legal.
Xxmodded

Activity: 2282
Merit: 309

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:08:27 AM

about this, we have discussed many in this forum. maybe you should be more diligent to look for reading and can join in another discussion. but ok
I think, every evil will always be there everywhere, as long as humans fill this world. in essence, bitcoin is created for diversity and more on its benefits based on transactions without third parties.
every evil is in one's heart and self. so wherever it is, crime and illegal acts will always be there. without exception in the virtual currency.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:36:34 AM

The bitcoin is considered a world economy asset and used mostly by everyone from small class business to standard but still some governments have not decided about it, however it is likely to be legalized in near future.
Either the bitcoin gets accepted by governments or not, we will also be able to see its existance in the market
Desmo

Activity: 412
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:39:24 AM

The key question determining the attitude of the state to bitcoin is the correct definition of its legal nature. Whether it is possible to consider crypto currency as money or as a monetary surrogate is currently unclear. For example, the state approach to the taxation of operations on the crypto currency is directly influenced by what they consider - property, fiduciary (fiat) money, electronic money, currency, financial instrument or securities.
kiboloves

Activity: 242

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:41:37 AM

In Japan, Italy, Germany and South Africa, these countries are legal. More countries believe that the legitimacy of bitcoin is still uncertain, and some countries just regard bitcoin as a financial asset. Of course, very few countries have announced that bitcoin is illegal, which is mainly concerned about the bitcoin's impact on their country's economic system. Countries that usually declare that bitcoin unlawful are very small countries. The economic system is weak.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: