Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:48:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin legal  (Read 1167 times)
gehtrs

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:13:33 AM

I think that as long as your country has no law saying it is illegal, then it is legal. If the state has enacted a law to engage in bitcoin industry is illegal, then it is illegal, and I believe it will not see this scene.
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:22:58 AM

I think so. I mean for something to be illegal, there must be some violations first or things that it does which is against he law, and apparently bitcoin doesn’t have those qualities. Which is why it confuses me why some countries chose to ban it and restrict it’s people from the chance or opportunity of earning by investing on bitcoin.
Monette2k17

Activity: 49
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:48:48 AM

Yes bitcoin is legal in many country, it actually used to purchased online products like books even groceries. Many merchants already accepts bitcoin if you search online you will know it.

GLOBEX SCI   [ $250 Billion Scientific Knowledge Available to EVERYONE ]
     JOIN PRE-ICO   ────  February 7th  ─────
cyriljundos

Activity: 432
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:53:54 AM

only me is bitcoin legal because there is no law violation in bitcoin on the fact that bitcoin is still cooperative with people who are playing it

Mofoblitz

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:55:33 AM

Bitcoin is legal as far as I know and since no one has placed a punishment for the purchase, exchange, holding and use of bitcoin then it remains legal.
quuyt4

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:35:21 AM

Many people use Bitcoin to trade illegal things because they cannot be traced, so many countries do not recognize Bitcoin.
udanemas

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:44:14 AM

To the best of my knowledge, Bitcoin has not been made illegal by legislation in most jurisdictions. However, some jurisdictions (such as Argentina and Russia) severely restrict or ban foreign currencies. Other jurisdictions (such as Thailand) may limit the licensing of certain entities such as Bitcoin exchanges.
Regulators from various jurisdictions are taking steps to provide individuals and businesses with rules on how to integrate this new technology with the formal, regulated financial system.

But have you come to think of it... Whether Bitcoin can be used for illegal Activities...
What are some ways you think it can be used for? (illegal Activities) mention some.

I think, some countries have declared bitcoin legal others haven't decided. for me, it is legal.
chengyinoing01

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:48:43 AM

Bitcoin, which has become a legal currency in Japan, can be used in stores, supermarkets and other places, but in China it is now regulated.

I think that bitcoin will be popular with many people through its own functions.
soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:54:55 AM

I think bitcoin is legal. Because it brings a lot of profit to investors. Bitcoins help the poor to become rich. Their life improved when investing in bitcoin. Many countries like Japan, Germany want to promote development bitcoin. I hope the bitcoin will be accepted by everyone.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

potzpotz

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:07:58 AM

To the best of my knowledge, Bitcoin has not been made illegal by legislation in most jurisdictions. However, some jurisdictions (such as Argentina and Russia) severely restrict or ban foreign currencies. Other jurisdictions (such as Thailand) may limit the licensing of certain entities such as Bitcoin exchanges.
Regulators from various jurisdictions are taking steps to provide individuals and businesses with rules on how to integrate this new technology with the formal, regulated financial system.

But have you come to think of it... Whether Bitcoin can be used for illegal Activities...
What are some ways you think it can be used for? (illegal Activities) mention some.

Bitcoin is not illegal it is legal many countries are already  getting involve to bitcoin and still using it
prediction on bush

Activity: 231

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:18:22 AM

Legality of Bitcoin is still a big question.Legality of Bitcoin varies from country to country.For example Bitcoin is legal in Canada,United states, South Africa and is illegal in the countries like Bangladesh,China etc.Many countries are not declaring Bitcoin as legal because of it's decentralized nature.Due to it's decentralized nature no government or bank is able to track the Bitcoin transactions which make this transactions anonymous.Due to this anonymity many people use Bitcoin for illegal dealings such as drug dealing or ammunition dealing. Bitcoin is not able to gain the amount of trust fiat has that's why it is still illegal in many countries.

I strongly agree on your opinion that, the legality of Bitcoin is still a big question, legality of Bitcoin varies from country to country. And for example Bitcoin is legal in Canada,United states, South Africa and is illegal in the countries like Bangladesh,China etc. And adding also my opinion that, bitcoin is money and money can be used for both good and bad things and same goes for Bitcoin, it can be used to fund charities which is one of the most noble gestures anyone can do and can be used up to the worst things which I am not saying it here but I am sure many of you can imagine what I am referring too. In addition, You can't generalize bitcoin's legality as it differs from country to country just like what you've said, Some considers it legal tender, others don't acknowledge it and the rest are just neutral about the said cryptocurrency.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:32:30 AM

Of course Bitcoin is legal, just that some countries are still restricting the use of it by their citizens. Both the US and EU are putting measures in place to derive taxation from the usage and profits of crypto so I think that answers your initial question.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
perfryan

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:40:08 AM

So many country that bitcoin is legal
Like Vietnam is legal to trade  and hold but illegal as payment tool
Bitcoin is very ideologically fulfilling,its the form of political activism.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
boynamnhi

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:00:22 AM

In my opinion, because Bitcoin  the non-governmental launch and development, Bitcoin users who do not need their real names have somehow led some bad guys to take advantage of Bitcoin to work illegally: Terrorism, arms sales, hired killers ...Some Bitcoin founders and regulators are trying to come up with some rules for individuals and businesses when using Bitcoin as a good signal pretty.
Beabtc11

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:04:28 AM

Definitely Yes! Bitcoin in some country's are legalooking but other countries it is not recognize.  In Mexico, bitcoin is not illegal. It was recognize by the Mexican banks.The Bank of Mexico has stated that it allows crypto as means of payment, but not as legal tender. So, Mexicans are allowed to transact in Bitcoin.The Bank of Mexico is the main institution authorizing the virtual assets that can operate in the country and every user would be obliged to verify that the money that is transferred to cryptocurrency does not have an illegal origin.That is to say, anyone operating an exchange or doing business in crypto is obligated to follow the same rules as banks. They must know their client and ensure that the money is clean (not from illegal businesses or money laundering).
tidus_13

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:56:54 PM

Legal regime of cryptocurrencies, in particular systems Bitkoin, considerably differs in the different countries. In some countries, operations with crypto-currencies are officially permitted. Usually they are treated as a commodity or an investment asset and are subject to the relevant legislation for tax purposes.
aucoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:17:23 PM

its legal just in most of the countries its still in the adoption process
but the situation is always depends on the government
xiaohao111

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:57:12 PM

In different countries, the law treats bitcoin differently. In countries like Japan, where bitcoin is friendly, they accept bitcoin, which is legal in these countries. In China, where bitcoin is banned, bitcoin is not accepted and bitcoin is illegal.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:31:57 AM

sometimes I am also confused by the status of bitcoin, legal or illegal because the government in my country prohibits the use of bitcoin as payment but they also can not control and prohibit the use of bitcoin and circulation of bitcoin

Currently bitcoin is still in the speculation of pros and cons in various countries, but I think many citizens use bitcoin and bitcoin legal policy depending on each country, because so far many countries legalize bitcoin and some that do not legalize bitcoin
You are right about Bitcoin as it is digital currency and investors invest in this for huge profit. It is just for people and not for criminals or money launderers Bitcoin says I am for people. Governments and banks are against Bitcoin but they will not defeat Bitcoin as we know that Bitcoin has survived a lot and now no chances to raise such question. It is legal because it is not drugs or alcohol etc to trade illegally and earn profit.
leavefifa

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:00:38 PM

I really feel quite nervous. Previously, our government determined that Bitcoin trading was illegal. But the accumulation of Bitcoin as a kind of personal property is not a problem. However, last week in my country uncovered a big scam involving Bitcoin. So, the government is issuing tight-knit orders for Bitcoin-related activities. The government has really strengthened the Crytocurrency market. Hope everything will be quickly removed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: