Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:36:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin isn't currency.  (Read 21363 times)
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:56:27 PM

Sorry, i meant the guy who i was replying to -- not you. 

Lol, I reread what the OP wrote on the first page, it is garbage, simply put mildly speaking Grin

Your an idiot.  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:58:40 PM

IT is now now, but it will be for sure

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 11:00:14 PM

Is it the opinion of the OP that....

“The few who understand the system, will either be so interested from it’s profits or so dependent on it’s favors, that there will be no opposition from that class.”
-Rothschild Brothers of London, 1863

Applies equally well to Bitcoin?

Yes.

The networks is already centralizing. The machines will get so big and powerful the network will get largely centralized those that were enriched by the adoption of the currency will use the their influence to consolidate the power.   

Perhaps they / we will, yes.  Perhaps not.
If such problems eventually arise, perhaps it will be replaced by something better?
We have come only a little way on this adventure, there is far to go. 

This fear may be validated.  What will you do in the mean time?
The question is not just whether Bitcoin is better than what we may imagine, but more importantly, whether it is better than what we have had before.

Bilbo thought to turn back complaining that he has no hat, handkerchief, or money. Dwalin tells him that he "will have to manage without pocket-handkerchiefs, and a good many other things."

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 06:58:17 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2013, 07:11:13 AM by deisik

Ok, just looked a little above... Grin

The networks is already centralizing

Lol Grin

rampalija

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:51:44 PM

Ok, just looked a little above... Grin

The networks is already centralizing

Lol Grin

Yes yes how they arent, it is only a big dream but who knows

greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:48:02 AM

Bitcoin is not a currency because it is not a unit. It has to be definable it has to be equal to something.  An inch is not real but it is definable.

This whole conceptual construct is faulty, but just to humor this "unit" nonsense that has nothing to do with anything but looking up something in the dictionary then making stuff up --

A Bitcoin is a unit of what you can transact that the network will accept as legitimate and incorporate into the blockchain.
MilesJohan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:55:33 AM

Bitcoin can be a currency if one country choose to, but if it has a way to charge back to reduce any hackers would be good. You know bank get hacked all the time...

MileyJohanson
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:29:13 PM

It isn't a fucking currency because if I give it to my workers, they said thanks but then ask when I will pay their salary.

Currency isn't buying drugs on CrimeSite nor buying domains on CheapName, that is just a gimick.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
whitemage

Activity: 214

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:58:43 PM

It isn't a fucking currency because if I give it to my workers, they said thanks but then ask when I will pay their salary.

Currency isn't buying drugs on CrimeSite nor buying domains on CheapName, that is just a gimick.

Thats because your workers doesn't value Bitcoin, you can pay me Bitcoin if I am your worker Smiley....

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:32:26 PM

You appear to be confused by the separate but related concepts of "currency" and "legal tender."
rampalija

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 06:35:04 PM

the economic laws can change, and they wil adopt BTC liked it or not

AnonyMint

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:28:07 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 10:14:01 PM by AnonyMint

Thats because your workers doesn't value Bitcoin, you can pay me Bitcoin if I am your worker Smiley....

Can you cut the grass on my lawn with a pair of scissors for $3 per day? One of my workers does in this third-world country.

Note the lawnmower costs more than his/her annual salary so it doesn't make economic sense to buy one.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:30:33 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 10:17:03 PM by AnonyMint

You appear to be confused by the separate but related concepts of "currency" and "legal tender."

I am not confused about what I can use to pay people. Are you?

The issue is not having a payment processor, but rather that the things the workers want to buy downstream don't accept Bitcoin, e.g. the fish vendor standing with her bucket of fish on the street corner.

The only way you get that massive scale is by distributing the currency widely, something Bitcoin can never do.

AnonyMint

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:34:44 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 10:47:22 PM by AnonyMint

Can you cut the grass on my lawn with a pair of scissors for $3 per day? One of my workers does in this third-world country.

Note the lawnmower costs more than his/her annual salary so it doesn't make economic sense to buy one.

Makes sense that you wouldn't like bitcoin, then. When your workers figure out that they can make more per day by watching YouTube videos in exchange for bitcoins, they'll tell you where you can shove your "lawn-mowing" job.

And you just try that. Because I actually put my worker in front a computer a couple of months ago and tried all those different online jobs. Sorry unless they have a high skill such as writing, those online jobs actually pay less by the time you subtract all the overhead and time to find contracts for work. And they are incredibly boring, tedious, and monotonous and quite hard on the eyes and body. My worker would much rather cook, clean, and be outdoors with the nature, fresh, and the beautiful views overlooking the mountain.

Money doesn't always equal happiness. It is the lifestyle that equals happiness.

You don't seem to comprehend basic math. There are 6 billion unskilled people in the world, and an oversupply of manufacturing. There is coming a massive poverty to the world. Our only way out is to raise the high-tech skills of the people. But how can we raise the hitech skills of people such as goldbugs who can't even fathom simple algebra?

I normally speak from having immense experience. I have lived all over the world, I have tried most everything there is to try.

Most people pontificate from their armchair and think they are more knowledgeable than me. Hahaha.

AnonyMint

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:48:10 PM

I normally speak from having immense experience.

But right now, you're just making shit up. Grin

Would you like to place a bet of sufficient size, then I will bring my Asian worker online so I can collect the BTC from you?

Put up or shut up.

rampalija

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:50:52 PM

OK we got the point, you are rich and u have your workers!

AnonyMint

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:55:40 PM

OK we got the point, you are rich and u have your workers!

No that is not the point. And I am not that rich, but living in a poor country makes me feel rich. (note living in a poor country has some efficiency tradeoffs)

The point is that unless our coin's design distributes the coins widely, we can't get the economy-of-scale to overcome the chicken-and-egg barrier and become a currency.

The merchants accepting Bitcoin are targeting our coin's demographics, which is no where near the range of merchants of the demographics of the masses-at-large.

rampalija

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 11:10:18 PM

I normally speak from having immense experience.

But right now, you're just making shit up. Grin

Would you like to place a bet of sufficient size, then I will bring my Asian worker online so I can collect the BTC from you?

Put up or shut up.

Which one, the one that cooks and cleans and is happy, or the one that does nothing but cut grass with scissors? Wink

dont know, realy font know

AnonyMint

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 11:23:52 PM

Seems it might be you soon, based on the mental level and maturity demonstrated.

Enough of this nonsense. I made my point. Good luck.

rampalija

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 11:26:30 PM

creator of this topic is a pesimist

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: