Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:02:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TMAN'S guide to getting merit.  (Read 17956 times)
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:17:14 AM

Nice going TMAN.

after the English lessons... https://www.efset.org/free-english-test/

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 08:37:42 AM

Nice going TMAN.

after the English lessons... https://www.efset.org/free-english-test/

Cheers klaaas.. keep the ideas coming guys then the people struggling cannot moan

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 09:32:45 AM
Merited by TheUltraElite (1), TMAN (1)

This guide looks great for people who are struggling with English language. But some English people, though they are good in their language struggle to receive merits. These guys blame the system as faulty. Some points which could be added to the guide so that English language posters too could receive merit.

1. Post your comments for 0 reply topics. Though it may be a spam board such as Bitcoin Discussion or Altcoin Discussion you would get noted for your sensible comments by other higher ranked members. Even though you have posted high quality post in any of these spam boards and you have not been merited, post your reply for a review in "smerit post review" by bill gator or any other members doing such a service. Never reply to a 500+ or 1000+ topic as it could waste your time.

2. Read a lot in Technical Discussion, and if you feel like replying to a thread there, just do some research on the topic and post your reply. I have seen so many people who got merited to their useful posts.

3. Altcoin Discussion is the grey area where lots and lots of spams are generated for signature campaigns. There are hell a lot of technical topics out there in Altcoin Discussion which were never replied as they were easily buried in spam. It could have been started by a senior guy who has no knowledge in Blockchain or any altcoins seeking for some simple answers. If he gets pleased by your answer, he would merit you. And such kind of simple reply topics will never be answered as they will easily be swallowed in spam boards.

4. If you are member or lower rank, never try to join in Bitcoin Campaigns. Campaigns which are giving out payments in Btc demand a minimum of 25 posts to be posted in various boards. 25 posts in a span of 7 weeks is really difficult for you lower ranked guys which would result in the generation of spam replies. Higher ranked members are really good for their wit and humor and even a one liner reply of them would be really good to be merited. Altcoin Campaigns just demand only 10 posts/week which would be quite enough for us to write at least 5 quality posts per week which could earn a minimum merit of at least 3.

Hope these points would help at least a single member to gain a minimum of 2-3 merits. Please don't accuse me for writing long posts.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 09:55:05 AM

I was saddened by the fact that my english language thread was taken over by non-english posters giving advice, and people spamming web services. My idea was for a series of public inter-personal discussions, and I thought this would be useful as examples for many members who are actively improving their English. I still think this idea would be useful, and I hope that someone will start a similar thread in the future. It won't be me though.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 10:08:34 AM

I was saddened by the fact that my english language thread was taken over by non-english posters giving advice, and people spamming web services. My idea was for a series of public inter-personal discussions, and I thought this would be useful as examples for many members who are actively improving their English. I still think this idea would be useful, and I hope that someone will start a similar thread in the future. It won't be me though.

Give it some time and efforts will be appreciated fella, whilst all this backlash is going on the 3rd world spammers won't listen. When they finally realise merit is here to stay they will finally get in line

TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:28:14 PM

Sound advice, but I doubt majority of the newbie and lower ranking members will have the 2-3 year patience you are talking about. Besides crypto and blockchain is a hot topic now, they need to get into the action ASAP, that's why all the desperation we've seen in the Meta section since the Merit system was introduced. Personally if mostly people do this to get into Sig campaigns, it is worth noting and advising them that Sig Campaigns have reduced a lot over the last couple of months, and also there are other plenty ways of earning money on this forum (my advise to newbies). That being said, if English is not most people's first language, then it's unfair to "punish" (for lack of a better word) them. We as a community on this forum should help the other language sections gain the same "market section" opportunities in their language. After all, we are one global community.
MeSoCorny

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:46:05 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 05:01:14 PM by MeSoCorny
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

I think this is more effort than most of the 3rd world shit sub posters will ever dedicate to anything. The advice itself is spot on, but if they were willing to do anything that actually took effort then they wouldn't sell their souls for penny bounty campaigns. Just my 2 cents...

Edit - Woohoo my first Merit Point thanks Jet!

“What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.”
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 04:54:40 PM

I gave you another merit for editing your post, rather than spamming the thread with another post, which I have just done of course.

I must be going soft. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 09:55:39 PM
Merited by owlcatz (10)

I think this is more effort than most of the 3rd world shit sub posters will ever dedicate to anything. The advice itself is spot on, but if they were willing to do anything that actually took effort then they wouldn't sell their souls for penny bounty campaigns. Just my 2 cents...

Edit - Woohoo my first Merit Point thanks Jet!

I used to despise the 3rd world shit posters, and for the most part, I still do. But just a reminder that the economic demographic of why Bitcoin was invented is to be able to empower those very 3rd world users the courtesy of a p2p trustless currency, which is everything that Bitcoin stands for.

While I do agree that many of those members are bad and contribute a bunch of spam and nonsense to the forums, I have to say that not all of them are bad. I run a challenge that encourages users to improve the quality of their posts and avoid shitty sig campaigns, and much to my surprise, I have seen the quality of posts from these very types of members improve, week in and week out.

That being said, it just goes to show that thoughtful posts with advice for these posters do, in fact, work, no matter how minuscule the effectiveness.

wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1706

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 11:43:45 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 01:47:39 PM by wwzsocki

I was always sure that Bitcointalk is a multilanguage forum for cryptocurrencies fans and supporters.

Sooner it was enough to write frequently in your local subforum to rank up.

I know many very knowledgeable people here on the forum and they don't speak English at all. These people are coders, developers, etc.

OP says that they can learn English in 3 weeks from YouTube  Grin to start posting again on BTT and to finally rank up when they gain enough merits. I think this was a joke with this youtube learning OP or April fools?

We all know that if you don't have friends in your local boards and don't speak very good English you can just forget to rank up. There is no chance left for these people who don't speak English, don't have writing skills or aren't enough knowledgeable.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 11:50:30 AM

I was always sure that Bitcointalk is a multilanguage forum for cryptocurrencies fans and supporters.
It still is. Its privately owned and its major members are English speaking or at least can write English in such a way that others can comprehend it.

Yeah writing frequently to rank up - gone are those days. Time for you all to move on and get a proper life.

I know many very knowledgeable people here on the forum and they don't speak English at all. These people are coders, developers, etc.
A good command on English is required to in such fields. I dont know who you are referring to but more developers I have seen have decent control of their English.

OP says that they can learn English in 3 weeks from YouTube to start posting again on BTT and to finally rank up when they gain enough merits.
Its not possible for learn a language in that limited time frame - dont know about IQ status of the learner though. It was in all probability a joke, unless you spend several months on it.

We all know that if you don't have friends in your local boards and don't speak very good English you can just forget to rank up. There is no chance left for these people who don't speak English or don't have writing skills and I was sure BTT is a multilanguage forum.
Local communities can have merit sources. This was clearly said by theymos in his post about merit system announcement. Decide among yourselves whom you think is worthy and passes the requirements of being a merit source and ask them to post an application accordingly. Its all here in Meta, maybe you missed it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1706

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 12:03:01 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 01:53:54 PM by wwzsocki

It still is. Its privately owned and its major members are English speaking or at least can write English in such a way that others can comprehend it.

Yeah writing frequently to rank up - gone are those days. Time for you all to move on and get a proper life.

A good command on English is required to in such fields. I dont know who you are referring to but more developers I have seen have decent control of their English.

OP says that they can learn English in 3 weeks from YouTube to start posting again on BTT and to finally rank up when they gain enough merits.
Its not possible for learn a language in that limited time frame - dont know about IQ status of the learner though. It was in all probability a joke, unless you spend several months on it.

We all know that if you don't have friends in your local boards and don't speak very good English you can just forget to rank up. There is no chance left for these people who don't speak English or don't have writing skills and I was sure BTT is a multilanguage forum.
Local communities can have merit sources. This was clearly said by theymos in his post about merit system announcement. Decide among yourselves whom you think is worthy and passes the requirements of being a merit source and ask them to post an application accordingly. Its all here in Meta, maybe you missed it.

Thanks for this summary.

I have seen a lot of Chinese, Russish developers, coders who don't speak English at all and use google translator to communicate. I have actually worked with.

English is not my native language but I have barely few times posted in my local subforum. I am posting 90% in English but sometimes I read local boards and I have seen a lot of posts from scared people. They were always active only on local boards because of bad English skills. Now they don't see any other way to rank up as to learn English and for some of them, this is just not possible even in few years time. So this 3 weeks on youtube must be a joke.

TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 09:35:14 AM

if anyone wants to do a fancy infographic of the guide to getting merit I will lay some merit on them

Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 10:57:04 AM

if anyone wants to do a fancy infographic of the guide to getting merit I will lay some merit on them

Just include a 3rd world poster in infographic and TMAN would really love it. it could be your last chance to receive some merit don't waste the time create that clean infographic now.
yerger

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:10:20 AM

As a top 10 merited user I feel qualified to post this guide, this is to help new users and users who are reasonably established to level up.
I am adamant the no1 cause of no merits is poor English, this is something you can change if you are struggling to get merits so if you know that this is the limitation then you need to take some steps

* Improve your English language, this isnt just spelling and grammar this includes using words like Sir & Mr when I see those I imediately asume the person is a 3rd world poster
* Spend the time that you currently use posting incoherent rubbish to learn proper Written English, start with youtube there has to be over 3002 different videos about writing the English Language
* Read a few English books, you can download free Ebooks as a starter, look how sentences are structured common words etc.
* Remember a quality post isnt necessarily a long winded post, using words that make you sound like you swallowed a thesauras doesnt help your cause

Take the above advise and stop trying to level up for 3-6 months you will become a quality poster if you use some more of your free time reading the forum, this doesn't mean bounties, altcoins, speculation all the shit subs.. and only post in a few threads every week, no need to try to max out the activity now, sure you want to keep getting towards the higher numbers but its counter productive when we see high activity and 0 merit. Read technical discussion, read all of the most merited threads, understand the significance of Pizza day, the 2011 bubble, Cyprus, HODL, the fall of all the securities that some of us lost the equivalent of $Millions now.

one other thing, you need to stop these bounties, I know it hurts you now financially, but seeing someone in a low end bounty for $20 just makes me asume they are a 3rd world poster and with a great initiative by BTCforJoe there is an option to help
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616.0
That thread is a tremendous Idea so props to OP there

Now take my advise as you will, you are entitled to your opinion but I believe if you took the above actions you will be in a position to apply for the higher paying sig campaigns in 2-3 years from a newbie  that's right you could be earning $300 a week from your signature if you put in effort and took some short term pain think of it as a training course to get 3x the Philippine's average family income.

This will all go above thousands of users heads, but if it just helps one user to get out of poverty by bettering themselves then it was worth writing.  

Edit - link for English lessons https://www.duolingo.com/course/en/ar/Learn-English-Online

Also read the forum rules, I am not spoon feeding you the link as you need to learn to use the search button as well, once you have mastered the search function of the forum you will be able to check if your topic has been posted about before
How about google translate user?
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 11:52:16 AM

As a top 10 merited user I feel qualified to post this guide, this is to help new users and users who are reasonably established to level up.
I am adamant the no1 cause of no merits is poor English, this is something you can change if you are struggling to get merits so if you know that this is the limitation then you need to take some steps

* Improve your English language, this isnt just spelling and grammar this includes using words like Sir & Mr when I see those I imediately asume the person is a 3rd world poster
* Spend the time that you currently use posting incoherent rubbish to learn proper Written English, start with youtube there has to be over 3002 different videos about writing the English Language
* Read a few English books, you can download free Ebooks as a starter, look how sentences are structured common words etc.
* Remember a quality post isnt necessarily a long winded post, using words that make you sound like you swallowed a thesauras doesnt help your cause

Take the above advise and stop trying to level up for 3-6 months you will become a quality poster if you use some more of your free time reading the forum, this doesn't mean bounties, altcoins, speculation all the shit subs.. and only post in a few threads every week, no need to try to max out the activity now, sure you want to keep getting towards the higher numbers but its counter productive when we see high activity and 0 merit. Read technical discussion, read all of the most merited threads, understand the significance of Pizza day, the 2011 bubble, Cyprus, HODL, the fall of all the securities that some of us lost the equivalent of $Millions now.

one other thing, you need to stop these bounties, I know it hurts you now financially, but seeing someone in a low end bounty for $20 just makes me asume they are a 3rd world poster and with a great initiative by BTCforJoe there is an option to help
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3055616.0
That thread is a tremendous Idea so props to OP there

Now take my advise as you will, you are entitled to your opinion but I believe if you took the above actions you will be in a position to apply for the higher paying sig campaigns in 2-3 years from a newbie  that's right you could be earning $300 a week from your signature if you put in effort and took some short term pain think of it as a training course to get 3x the Philippine's average family income.

This will all go above thousands of users heads, but if it just helps one user to get out of poverty by bettering themselves then it was worth writing.  

Edit - link for English lessons https://www.duolingo.com/course/en/ar/Learn-English-Online

Also read the forum rules, I am not spoon feeding you the link as you need to learn to use the search button as well, once you have mastered the search function of the forum you will be able to check if your topic has been posted about before
How about google translate user?

They should punch themselves in the face 20 times every time they post.

topkhai

Activity: 351
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:51:13 PM

I agree with you , I think nothing the cheapest for a quality !
and infographic of the guide to getting merit, please check https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2901152.msg29880354#msg29880354
btcsmlcmnr

Activity: 546
Merit: 159

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:57:52 PM

Infographics will hurt my fingers, lol. Please don't send them merits and promote them to overuse infographics. Please, Sir TMAN (just kidding because I love the idea of Theymos on Politeness point).
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 06:18:19 AM
Merited by TMAN (10), owlcatz (5)

Here you go senpai ! Here's my Infographics for "TMAN'S Guide To Getting Merit". Hope you like it  Wink

Indohunter

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:03:13 AM
Merited by TMAN (10), BTCforJoe (2), izanagi narukami (1)

Hi everyone,

good day. hope you guys doing well everywhere you are.
Quote from: TMAN on March 23, 2018, 04:29:29 PM
Right do not post for 2 weeks as merit is your issue not activity this will make a huge difference in ranking up. not one post after agreeing to do this. You will then need to agree to watch 14 hours of basic English lessons on YouTube that's an hour a day and come in here and write a decent post. I don't care what it's about it could be your hobby, kids, job or favourite thing to do on a Saturday if you do that I'll give you 10 merits and level you up..

If you can't do it then just say so but think about the difference spending 2 weeks on your English will have and having 10 merits on your account. Is that worth more than the money you get from bounties now?
Two weeks ago I've replied in this Tman's thread.
And unfortunately I've made mistake here, the issue is because I'm poor in English. To see full conversation you can go here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3182178.msg32995813#msg32995813 . And then Tman's give me a chance to improve my english by following his guides and do not make any posts on my account during learning. And also I'm learning how to create a decent post by reading and study on the post from higher rank members..
and now I'll try my best after two weeks learning on youtube and duolingo.com and other mediums. Honestly, i'm still not confidence about my english, but I'll try. And really appreciate to all of you who want to correct me when you see any mistake on this reply.

well, I'm indohunter, 26 years old. I'm from Indonesia.
I wanted to tell you about my children and wife, and how we spent our weekend. But it's impossible. Why? because i'm not married yet.  Grin
Normally, I spend my weekend by doing something fun. Like playing music with my friends. When i was 16, me and my friends on my school build a group band, we named it LAKEPRI BAND, but we fail to keep it. Music already ingrained on me. But the important thing that i'm doing on the weekend is walking around and finding a mate. hehe
hey, surely. it's an important thing that i need since my age are getting older and still single. In Indonesia when you were above 25 ya and still not get married, people around you will ask "when did you get married?" it's horror, man.
I'm a graphic designer for apparel local brand, and for you guys who want to make a cute t-shirt or jacket design, feel free to contact me (it's not sponsorship)  Grin

The first time I know about the cryptocurrencies is from my facebook's friend. Everyday i found he share about crypto on his timeline, and then I ask him all the informations about cryptocurencies and how its works. And finally, now I'm here. Honestly, before, my goal when I create this account on bitcointalk just for hunting crypto bounty. I wasted my time just to hunting and hunting, not paying attention on the forum rules and it makes me became a shitposter. And finally i realized this forum not only for bounties hunting. We can sharing here, we can learning how to improve our knowledge about crypto which is will affected to our income on this world of cryptocurencies. And also I've just realized that the strict rules on this forum is the way to make members can create a decent post and have useful information  (how to say this one). I hope you guys got my point.

the last but not least I would like to say this learning would not stopped at this time. I still need to learning a lot on english since this forum is an English-forum.

For TMAN, Thank you so much, mate. you make me realized how important to improve and learning properly english. I'm learned a lot even my grammar still not good enough. Hopefully I can improve it more better on future.

Cheers,

Indohunter
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: