Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:34:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TMAN'S guide to getting merit.  (Read 17956 times)
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 08:11:41 AM

~snip
Indohunter
10 for you fella, keep working at learning English buddy, It will benefit you IRL more than here!
well done bud

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcsmlcmnr

Activity: 546
Merit: 159

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:20:46 AM

So many members in the forum, especially low ranked ones, tend to intentionally abuse Sir. as hilarious efforts to kiss asses of higher ranked users in order to earn merits. Of course, they tried to do non-sense, stupid things. Most of them come from the third world. It is not shame about wherever you born, but they should improve their English skills and should not overuser the word.
Overusing make their threads like a pseudo respect.
Additionally, they don't know that simply adding Sir. Into their threads will not increase threads' quality at any extent.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 08:27:45 AM

Hey @Indohunter, enjoy the merit! I remember you! You deserve it, as you've shown that you are wiling to put in the time and effort in order to improve your skills. That's a whole lot better than 95% of the third world posters that I encounter on the forums, and it's great to see that you're showing such a great desire to learn.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to take your statement and break it down for you line by line to show you what I consider to be proper English:

I wanted to tell you about my children and wife, and how we spent our weekend. But it's impossible. Why? because i'm not married yet.  Grin

I wanted to tell you about my wife and children and how we spent our weekend, but it's impossible. Why? Because I'm not married yet. Grin

Normally, I spend my weekend by doing something fun. Like playing music with my friends. When i was 16, me and my friends on my school build a group band, we named it LAKEPRI BAND, but we fail to keep it. Music already ingrained on me.

Normally, I spend my weekend doing something fun, like playing music with my friends. When I was 16, my school friends and I formed a band called LAKEPRI BAND, but unfortunately, it didn't last.

But the important thing that i'm doing on the weekend is walking around and finding a mate. hehe
hey, surely. it's an important thing that i need since my age are getting older and still single. In Indonesia when you were above 25 ya and still not get married, people around you will ask "when did you get married?" it's horror, man.

Currently, what I do most on the weekend is walk around in search for a partner. I find this to be very important, because as a 25-year old single male, it's common to hear the question "When are you going to get married?" in Indonesia. It's horrible to continue to get older without finding a partner.

I'm a graphic designer for apparel local brand, and for you guys who want to make a cute t-shirt or jacket design, feel free to contact me (it's not sponsorship)  Grin

I'm a graphic designer for a local apparel brand, so feel free to contact me if you'd like a cute t-shirt or jacket design (this is not an advertisement) Grin

Maybe someone else can take over the second part. I just wanted you to have a reference to see how someone that speaks English as a first language (me) would have posted what you did.

Keep up the great work, and feel free to ask questions; we're here for you as long as we know you're trying Smiley

Indohunter

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 08:28:10 AM

10 for you fella, keep working at learning English buddy, It will benefit you IRL more than here!
well done bud

Thanks, Tman
of course, i will keep it.
and later, if you see any mistake on my posts around this forum. Pls scolds me.

And for BTCforJoe . Thanks mate for your information about duolingo.com.
Indohunter

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 08:44:50 AM
Merited by TMAN (2)

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to take your statement and break it down for you line by line to show you what I consider to be proper English:
Hi Joe, no problem. it's good for me. So, I can see the difference, and learn on it.
Maybe someone else can take over the second part. I just wanted you to have a reference to see how someone that speaks English as a first language (me) would have posted what you did.

Keep up the great work, and feel free to ask questions; we're here for you as long as we know you're trying Smiley
I hope so.
since my native language is not english i need all of you which is use english to correct me if any mistake on mine.
Of course, Joe. I need to improve my english more better than now. thank you so much for your reference and your support.
glad to have you here..  Smiley
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 09:03:41 AM

if anyone wants to do a fancy infographic of the guide to getting merit I will lay some merit on them

Here you go senpai ! Here's my Infographics for "TMAN'S Guide To Getting Merit". Hope you like it  Wink

sorry I missed this originally, thanks for doing this - I really hope this thread encourages more users to step it up!

hoangvuthach

Activity: 308
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:58:34 AM

I read all the comments, this article draws people together, congratulations for new friendships .
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:21:46 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 12:26:39 PM by iasenko
Merited by TMAN (2)

Nice going TMAN.

after the English lessons... https://www.efset.org/free-english-test/

Cheers klaaas.. keep the ideas coming guys then the people struggling cannot moan

English Grammar In Use by Raymond Murphy. If you want to learn proper English this is the book for you. I advice to buy a paper copy. Many used on eBay.

Otherwise here is a LINK>
Note: you can browse and download it.

ogoowinner

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:32:34 AM

thanks for sending over the merit hunters, you dick.

Just kidding.

Thanks for the kudos and the plug, sir! Cheesy

I don't mind taking in the bounty and merit hunters. I spend a lot of time critiquing their posts, and I really hope that they do take the criticism well and apply it.

For everyone reading this, TMAN is right. Although I've done it in the past, I rarely merit [non-technical] posts that are poorly constructed. While a lot of people complain that it's not fair that non-native English speakers have a disadvantage here, you have to remember that this forum is an English-speaking forum. No one is forcing them to be here, and there are no "rights" as a member here. Simply stated, you have to adhere to the rules and policies of the forums, not the other way around. Bitcointalk does not have to cater to you. Being here is a privilege, not a right. Same with bounties and campaigns.

So it's only fair that many OG members of the forums here are going to frown upon third-world posters who make very little effort to "fit in". Fitting in is definitely possible, as I have made friends with a few users here that caught me by surprise when I learned that English was not their first language.

With that, moving to and living in a third-world country myself, I have encountered a lot of ESL people. They ask me to help teach them proper English, and for the ones with smart phones and computers, I point them towards duolingo. They make it EXTREMELY easy to start learning English for 5 minutes a day. I think that 5 minutes is a minor investment of time to make in order to brush up your skills.

Give them a shot. It's free.

https://www.duolingo.com/course/en/ar/Learn-English-Online

Thanks for posting this, TMAN.

It's hard handing out merits to total unknowns, the worst are the ones who use far too many words thinking that makes it a quality post.

Mate good luck with your project hope it takes off man

I'm now very confused. How does ranking now work?  Is it by merits and no longer activities? I really need to know this please.

TMAN if you wouldn't mind, please I'll like to have a private chat with you. Thanks.
hoangvuthach

Activity: 308
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:37:28 AM

Nice going TMAN.

after the English lessons... https://www.efset.org/free-english-test/

Cheers klaaas.. keep the ideas coming guys then the people struggling cannot moan

English Grammar In Use by Raymond Murphy. If you want to learn proper English this is the book for you. I advice to buy a paper copy. Many used on eBay.

Here is free download link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wuPCLHPJhUtyL3vc8ij-611L3PQAzXAe/view?usp=sharing
I have a lot of English book files, if you need to leave gmail, I will send you
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 11:44:49 AM

I'm now very confused. How does ranking now work?  Is it by merits and no longer activities? I really need to know this please.

TMAN if you wouldn't mind, please I'll like to have a private chat with you. Thanks.

Help yourself a little then I may be willing to help you out... There are thousands of posts about ranking up there is a sticky thread and a mega thread both started by Theymos, read then ask questions fella

Alone055

Activity: 1050
Merit: 204

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 12:09:57 PM

So many members in the forum, especially low ranked ones, tend to intentionally abuse Sir. as hilarious efforts to kiss asses of higher ranked users in order to earn merits. Of course, they tried to do non-sense, stupid things. Most of them come from the third world. It is not shame about wherever you born, but they should improve their English skills and should not overuser the word.
Overusing make their threads like a pseudo respect.
Additionally, they don't know that simply adding Sir. Into their threads will not increase threads' quality at any extent.

Hey there!
I just checked your post history, and I seriously think that you should have a look at the guide provided here and follow it. You are not perfect enough to blame others when it is about the language.
Don't mind.  Smiley

Indohunter

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 12:29:18 PM
Merited by TMAN (5)

Note: you can browse and download it.
Here is free download link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wuPCLHPJhUtyL3vc8ij-611L3PQAzXAe/view?usp=sharing
I have a lot of English book files, if you need to leave gmail, I will send you

Hi there,
I'd like to thank to both of you for the ebooks. Downloaded!
Cheers!
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 12:32:57 PM

Hi there,
I'd like to thank to both of you for the ebooks. Downloaded!
Cheers!

sent you more, not for the quality of this post - but the general attitude you are showing to learning, sure I could be wrong but I believe you are trying to better yourself and people like you need recognition for it.

Indohunter

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 12:42:20 PM

sent you more, not for the quality of this post - but the general attitude you are showing to learning, sure I could be wrong but I believe you are trying to better yourself and people like you need recognition for it.
To be honest, I'm speechless for your kindness towards people like me (which is non-english speaker).
I have nothing, but thank you so much, bud. Will never forget you and your kindness!
DenysM

Activity: 714
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:31:17 PM

Now take my advise as you will, you are entitled to your opinion but I believe if you took the above actions you will be in a position to apply for the higher paying sig campaigns in 2-3 years from a newbie  that's right you could be earning $300 a week from your signature if you put in effort and took some short term pain think of it as a training course to get 3x the Philippine's average family income.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I do not agree with what you write. Many people in the world think that bitcoin is a bubble and they want to earn money as fast as possible until the bubble burst. Therefore, many now sold their bitcoins as they thought it was the end. Many people came to this forum for quick money earning and therefore they do not want to wait 2-3 years thinking that bitcoin will die or the forum will die and so on. Everybody wants to make money quickly and nobody wants to wait  Wink
Another thing is that you need to learn English since it will be useful to you in real life. I live in Ukraine and recently flied to rest in Sri Lanka. Everyone there speaks English but I am very bad speaks and it was difficult for me to talk with the locals and get information from them about this amazing island Smiley I was in Hong Kong, too, and everyone there also knows English.
I went to the English language courses this month because it is necessary in real life
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 01:42:38 PM

Now take my advise as you will, you are entitled to your opinion but I believe if you took the above actions you will be in a position to apply for the higher paying sig campaigns in 2-3 years from a newbie  that's right you could be earning $300 a week from your signature if you put in effort and took some short term pain think of it as a training course to get 3x the Philippine's average family income.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I do not agree with what you write. Many people in the world think that bitcoin is a bubble and they want to earn money as fast as possible until the bubble burst. Therefore, many now sold their bitcoins as they thought it was the end. Many people came to this forum for quick money earning and therefore they do not want to wait 2-3 years thinking that bitcoin will die or the forum will die and so on. Everybody wants to make money quickly and nobody wants to wait  Wink
Another thing is that you need to learn English since it will be useful to you in real life. I live in Ukraine and recently flied to rest in Sri Lanka. Everyone there speaks English but I am very bad speaks and it was difficult for me to talk with the locals and get information from them about this amazing island Smiley I was in Hong Kong, too, and everyone there also knows English.
I went to the English language courses this month because it is necessary in real life

What is this nonsense? I'm telling people to learn English and you are giving RL examples of why its a good idea to learn English!! I mean WTF - you say you don't agree with me then give decent examples of why I am right...

man go back to whatever you are smoking.

Inzanne

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:52:50 PM

Thats true every one has to improve his english to get merit , but not only 3rd world people are complaining about the merit systeme every body is complaining , so do not judge please.
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 01:58:58 PM

Thats true every one has to improve his english to get merit , but not only 3rd world people are complaining about the merit systeme every body is complaining , so do not judge please.

What was the point of this?

1) Not everyone needs to improve, the users who lack basic English language skills do.
2) 99% of shitposters come from the 3rd world, this isnt racist or hate against you its fact.
3) Everybody isn't complaining
4) I am not judging people, I am trying to help make this forum better for the rest of us.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 02:41:57 PM

Thats true every one has to improve his english to get merit
Improving your English has nothing to do with Merit. Posts are merit-able according to different factors based on the subjective nature of the merit sources. Now a badly written post will obviously get less merits or not merits at all. Again in your Local Boards - non-English posts will get merited too. Wink

but not only 3rd world people are complaining about the merit systeme every body is complaining , so do not judge please.
Shitposters come from every portion of the world (and beyond) so nobody is to blame if the 3rd world people or the 1st world people are complaining. TMAN is being very lenient with Merits but if you shitpost like this then forget about getting any "exposure"  Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x