Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:52:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Not] Good price at CEX.io  (Read 49045 times)
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:15:52 PM

I thought this was an interesting thread when it was people commenting on the CEX market price and it was originally entitled, "Good price at CEX.io".

The title was then changed a week or two back to "[Not] Good price at CEX.io" then a few haters and people who had been burned elsewhere arrived to vent, share their tales of loss, pour negativity on CEX and all who use it. Yes, life is risky, yes, you may have been burned. Most folks are well aware that the bitcoin community is filled with scammers and thieves, most of them quite likely to be the older, supposedly more trustworthy members of this community of the age and ilk of those venting and hating here.

Even in my short life as a registered member of this forum I've managed to narrowly avoid loss with Bitfunder, Inputs.io, and mcxNOW and it could be that everywhere I place my bitcoins carries some degree of risk. There's no such thing as risk-free lunch after all. However, what all the venters and haters have said amounts only to criticism and critique, there's been no positive solutions offered, just the usual caveat emptor and why don't you do what I do because I know best while they pour scorn on CEX and anyone who has a good word to say about it.

Well, it may be that to some people CEX is the worst thing since sliced bread and maybe CEX will run off like thieves in the night with our bitcoins, but in the meantime I'm happy to use the service, I like CEX, I appreciate it has pitfalls, manipulatory practices and is inherently risky but that's fine with me right now. Maybe I'll get additional information that will change my mind tomorrow, maybe I won't, but my comments on this thread are at an end, I will leave those of you who are burned, bitter, venting and hating to share your negativity with whomever will listen.

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:14:00 AM

I personally like the service, but it's way over price right now.  Will have to wait until the next cycle to buy back in.

I thought this was an interesting thread when it was people commenting on the CEX market price and it was originally entitled, "Good price at CEX.io".

The title was then changed a week or two back to "[Not] Good price at CEX.io" then a few haters and people who had been burned elsewhere arrived to vent, share their tales of loss, pour negativity on CEX and all who use it. Yes, life is risky, yes, you may have been burned. Most folks are well aware that the bitcoin community is filled with scammers and thieves, most of them quite likely to be the older, supposedly more trustworthy members of this community of the age and ilk of those venting and hating here.

Even in my short life as a registered member of this forum I've managed to narrowly avoid loss with Bitfunder, Inputs.io, and mcxNOW and it could be that everywhere I place my bitcoins carries some degree of risk. There's no such thing as risk-free lunch after all. However, what all the venters and haters have said amounts only to criticism and critique, there's been no positive solutions offered, just the usual caveat emptor and why don't you do what I do because I know best while they pour scorn on CEX and anyone who has a good word to say about it.

Well, it may be that to some people CEX is the worst thing since sliced bread and maybe CEX will run off like thieves in the night with our bitcoins, but in the meantime I'm happy to use the service, I like CEX, I appreciate it has pitfalls, manipulatory practices and is inherently risky but that's fine with me right now. Maybe I'll get additional information that will change my mind tomorrow, maybe I won't, but my comments on this thread are at an end, I will leave those of you who are burned, bitter, venting and hating to share your negativity with whomever will listen.

Smiley

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
cshelswell (OP)

Activity: 615

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 11:19:31 PM

anyone think the price will drop this diff change? It's not showed any signs of doing so in the past. Guess people are still earning off trading. I've a tiny bit working away but if history's anything to go by leaving it running seems to make most sense...?

IYFTech

Activity: 686

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:22:59 PM

anyone think the price will drop this diff change? It's not showed any signs of doing so in the past. Guess people are still earning off trading. I've a tiny bit working away but if history's anything to go by leaving it running seems to make most sense...?

I'm sure if you slip them a few BTC they'll adjust the price in your favour......just keep your balance as low as possible:

http://mentaso.com/bitcoin-news/cex-io-hacked-user-loses-7-btc.html

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
cshelswell (OP)

Activity: 615

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 12:07:22 AM

yeah I saw that article thanks! I activated google authenticator because of it. cheers Smiley

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:16:01 AM

I doubt CEX.IO was hacked.  Mostly likely the user had the same pw and email from this forum and after the man in the middle attack didn't switch passwords.

If you're going to store coins online somewhere, turn on 2FA, and use difficult passwords that you don't use anywhere else.
miners78

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:45:11 PM

Its not a good site for just going straight in and buying a load of GHs, but if you can get some, then you can buy and sell, making both BTC from the actual hardware and BTC from the profits of trading.
It can get very profitable.
IYFTech

Activity: 686

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:08:55 PM

I little update for those of you who still think cex are not a bunch of incompetent, double spending, bad attitude rip-off scam artists:

http://mentaso.com/bitcoin-news/cex-part-2-the-hacked-account-and-children-playing-grownups.html

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 09:45:58 PM

I doubt CEX.IO was hacked.  Mostly likely the user had the same pw and email from this forum and after the man in the middle attack didn't switch passwords.

If you're going to store coins online somewhere, turn on 2FA, and use difficult passwords that you don't use anywhere else.
It is possible, but not likely.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
high110

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:18:22 AM

They're comping the user - I don't see the big deal??

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
ZetaOS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:12:57 PM

Seems like a seems like a legit service, got a account there, works really steady, the not sell you  blocksteals, got some altcoins for free.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebIWBPVubOI

Mine the easy way - CEX.io Build your own cloud miner!
Goedkoop bitcoins? www.koop-bitcoin.nl
high110

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:54:40 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 04:15:31 PM by high110

Reminder - it looks like we are on for another 10 day difficulty cycle as compared to a 15 day cycle.  It last changed on the 10th, so it can happen any time after the 20 (a special christmas present for us) yeah??? hahah...more like a lump of coal =/

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
shmoula

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 07:02:13 PM

Hi, I just put out first kick of simple Android graphs for cex.io, so have a look Wink

Habbeat - beat your habits more effective way!!!
Always empty box(no cat also no coin): 1SHM1tiur2iNBCVxCBr7vAJ84PrPZ6d6v
kickbit

Activity: 276

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 03:39:18 PM

Want to know about cex.io prices? Smiley
Here is my own topic about cex and my experience of using it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=378439.0

BitMedia.IO - Advertise Your Bitcoin Project!

Realtime Bitcoin Price! Search - "Bitcoin price for Chrome" in Chrome App Store!
high110

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:08:39 AM

Want to know about cex.io prices? Smiley
Here is my own topic about cex and my experience of using it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=378439.0

Good write up - shows an interesting perspective.  Thanks.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
xTachibana

Activity: 164

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:54:34 PM

Smiley

narrowly avoided loss on mcx? i bought some fee's when price plumeted due to closing. at around .06~ each, can you guess how much profit i made when price rose to .2 Wink?

just like everything involving crypto's, the best way to make money is by being smart with investments. (still poor tho Q.Q)

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
asso

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:37:37 PM

CEX.io is not worth to try i think
chinchs

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:48:37 AM

CEX.io is not worth to try i think
I made some coins... but you need to keep and eye on the exchange
ZetaOS

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:08:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLb6KfqoGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvnjh2GzAWU

Mine the easy way - CEX.io Build your own cloud miner!
Goedkoop bitcoins? www.koop-bitcoin.nl
shmoula

Activity: 304

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 05:59:28 PM

sooo, now is the right time, when cex.io owners selling out their gigahashes? i mean - 98% had those guys, which pumped price high and now has investment returned, so they are selling everything out to plebz? maybe price drops to level, where it should be? just asking, ofkoz...

Habbeat - beat your habits more effective way!!!
Always empty box(no cat also no coin): 1SHM1tiur2iNBCVxCBr7vAJ84PrPZ6d6v
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: