Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:47:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you Invest in Great ICOs but Anonymous Team?  (Read 423 times)
Mainman08

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:45:07 PM

Even it the ICO is great i will not invest to it. Because a great ICO is showin the identities of people behind it. Its hard to gain trust if the developer are hiding their identities.

Idun

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:47:06 PM

If normally investing in icos is a risk... this would be much more, at least for me. I wouldn't invest from the beginning, I would wait to see the evolution of the project. Sometimes it is better to invest "late" than to invest in a bad project.
cryptocrocs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:49:30 PM

Of course not ,why would i invest to someone or something that are hiding themselves ? why would someone hide their identities if these projects are legit ? thats purely going to scam people for sure.You should stay away from these people because you will ended up being scammed,theres a lot of ICOs who are using own identities because they want to get the trust of their investors.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
cryptocue

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:54:02 PM

LOL,wht would you still invest into something that you know a scam? they surely have shady businesss that is why they arent using their own identities.Shouldnt be hiding in the first place because pople or investors wont give their trust to invest because the team itself doesnt trust the pople because if they did they wont be hiding from people.

cryptomngr

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:58:03 PM

Of course not because thats a high risk,and its gambling if these people are real why wouldnt show they identities if they arent going to scan people? legit projects comes from the legit people and these anonymous team are redflag already and you shouldnt be risking your money to invest with these shady projects.

cryptospear

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:03:13 PM

No of course,that is suicide? why would you risk your investment into someones who are hiding their identities? are you insane ? noob investors knows wthat is the basic that you should be avoiding to,because you will end up badly not having any good return because these projects surely will scam newbie investors in the community.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:06:15 PM

It's risky business but can pay off. If they are keeping the communication going on, why not? I mean, yeah it's risky but if what they do is good, I can relate to their needs of staying anonymous...
btc1

Activity: 527

Join Ixinium

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:07:24 PM

There were some of them on the past who raised a lot of money and then ended up scamming all that people in there.

Well, there was one of those ICO's who are anonymous on this forum and they are now one of the best tokens that i have ever seen..

It's risky business but can pay off. If they are keeping the communication going on, why not? I mean, yeah it's risky but if what they do is good, I can relate to their needs of staying anonymous...

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽️  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
malfurionbtcn

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:08:15 PM

Of course I would. It doesn’t matter whether the team is famous or not. If I see that the ICO is promising then I definitely gonna invest
efodix

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:08:47 PM

I think the team is a key to success of really good ICO, so I would not. IMHO anonymous team is a sign of a scam.

jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:10:27 PM

Of course I would. It doesn’t matter whether the team is famous or not. If I see that the ICO is promising then I definitely gonna invest
Stupidity i suppose you are new to ICO investments,because if you know how these ICOs work you wont be investing to these anonymous people because if they wont scam people they shouldnt be hiding their faces,did you know 87% ICOs are failing ? because most of these ICOs are create just to raise funds and then will eventually abandon investors?!  Roll Eyes

joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:16:11 PM

Nope,because thats already a red flag team members shouldnt be anonymous if these people are legit they dont have to be worried about their privacy because their project wont scam people but if they will try to scam investors they can be easily chase by the authorities.Not going to invest to these projects why would people trust these unknown people with their millions of investments?

sycaburatan

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:22:20 PM

Why would i ? that is a high risk,redflag and potential scam! normally people wont risk their money and of course the reason is simple.Why would these people try to hide their faces if they arent going to do something shady ? or to scam people because today a lot of ICOs are created to scam people only those newbie investors will investd to these projects!

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:23:56 PM

great ico?

nakauten

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:27:08 PM

great ico?
Grin He must be joking because these people wont hide their identities if they arent into something shady.Or if they wont try to steal investor's money and then runaway after they got millions of dollars in their pockets that is simply a basic logic and common sense which the T.S didnt use for sure,or maybe he is kidding us  Huh

cryptoprophecy

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:36:33 PM

Obviously, the term “Great ICO” is subjective, but let’s say that ICO has an excellent concept and product. They even have steady and growing stream of profit and revenue (and can be verified.) They also have big names and notable investors and experts supporting the project. However, the catch is that they are anonymous like the founder of Bitcoin. None in the public would be able to meet or see any of the team members. Would you still invest in this kind of ICO?
Thats bullshit question,that is already a redflag.If you are new to these ICOs you shouldnt be risking your money to these people because they dont have any reason to hide their identities if you wont try to scam or steal investor's money.Do not be stupid to try to invest,bitcoin is different because it is the foundation of all of these cryptocurrencies,ICOs and people today will try to steal everyone's money so be vigillant and please use your logic!

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:45:31 PM

There were some of them on the past who raised a lot of money and then ended up scamming all that people in there.

Well, there was one of those ICO's who are anonymous on this forum and they are now one of the best tokens that i have ever seen..

Again icos to be a big speculation thing. none know what will be happening in the future. But at least it may better if we can minimize our risk to investing in the anonymous ico Because that's obviously not get any audit on the codes or even the whitepaper itself.
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:48:34 PM

Obviously, the term “Great ICO” is subjective, but let’s say that ICO has an excellent concept and product. They even have steady and growing stream of profit and revenue (and can be verified.) They also have big names and notable investors and experts supporting the project. However, the catch is that they are anonymous like the founder of Bitcoin. None in the public would be able to meet or see any of the team members. Would you still invest in this kind of ICO?

In my case why not, but in the first place I will not put an amount of investment that I cannot afford to lose. Meaning I will only invest what I can afford to lose, this is how I invest to all currencies.
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 11:51:37 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 12:56:43 PM by coinholic

Obviously, the term “Great ICO” is subjective, but let’s say that ICO has an excellent concept and product. They even have steady and growing stream of profit and revenue (and can be verified.)

If the "stream of profit and revenue" can be verified, which would prove its legitimacy, then it is most likely safe to invest in that ICO.

They also have big names and notable investors and experts supporting the project.

If trusted names are involved and this can also be verified, then I don't see any problem. I would likely invest in this project.

However, the catch is that they are anonymous like the founder of Bitcoin. None in the public would be able to meet or see any of the team members. Would you still invest in this kind of ICO?
As always said, there will be risks. And the team's anonymity has a reason same as that of Satoshi's. But many still became rich in the long run..

justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:55:13 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 10:18:20 AM by justine11

I don't want to invest in ICOs with anonymous team in my own opinion an ICO with anonymous team is more likely to commit fraud or will take your money and run away than those ICOs with team members and also, you must present your team when it comes to SEC registration otherwise they will blacklist the ICO and made it to public.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: