Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:01:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My BIGGEST cryptocurrency mistake  (Read 5005 times)
CryptosapienZA (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:08:31 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

December 2017 during the high of highs, I made a huge mistake, I allowed greed and fomo, ignored my gut and bought into NXT because I was chasing Ignis airdrop. The coin has since tanked and I still have not received the airdrop. Nxt is probably 80/90 down.

What is your biggest cryptocurrency mistake???

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:04:51 PM

well
big mistake .
i have more than 10 big mistake, the only i remember when i buy about 500k TRX with 3,2 eth on etherdelta.
then i sell too fucking fast , actually i can get x10 or 20 or x30
but i am too hurry to take x2 profit.

sad right ?  Grin

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
mangkanor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:12:08 PM

December 2017 during the high of highs, I made a huge mistake, I allowed greed and fomo, ignored my gut and bought into NXT because I was chasing Ignis airdrop. The coin has since tanked and I still have not received the airdrop. Nxt is probably 80/90 down.

Same mistake,december as a newbie in trading and in the market,joined the ignis dropped and got rekt because of that losing 80% of my portfolio  because i didnt know what will happen as soon as the snapshot was done,the price dramatically decreased in just matter of seconds because most of the people are dumping that shitcoin,they are all for the the snapshot thing because they wont have any airdrop if they didnt have that coin in the snapshot.Biggest mistake so far,but after 2months i have recovered from that mistake i gains $25k worth of losses into scalping,and daily trading.

Misiak4

Activity: 183
Merit: 12

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:16:12 PM

My biggest mistakes:
1) I bought 1 BTC for 3000$ at June and after 1 weeks bought for it a bag of altcoins which are folling down up to November 2017, but actually I fixed profit or zero at USd, but not at BTC
2) I didn't take part at one very good bounty project, where my friend recomended me very long time. He made totally 20.000$ and I was shocked and went drink wicky.
3) NXt also bought on the high and now -90%. Such as examples a lot. Some examples very good, bought XPR for 0.3$ sold for 3$

defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 08:21:51 PM

When I first started my acquaintance with cryptocurrency, I chose to invest money and bought xrp for a long time. Since I bought for at least 1-2 years, I did not take advantage of the growth in January and just continued to wait. Now I would not invest a cent in xrp. I think that coin is a Scam.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
Snixer

Activity: 303
Merit: 43

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 08:25:15 PM

well
big mistake .
i have more than 10 big mistake, the only i remember when i buy about 500k TRX with 3,2 eth on etherdelta.

sad right ?  Grin

You can't be too sad about that, you still made a decent profit. Yeah, you could have made a ton of money if you would have sold at the ATH, but nobody knows when that will be, so in my opinion you made the right call.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptovalute24ore.it   •  Guide Semplici e Complete, Notizie e Quotazioni sulle Criptovalute   •  TELEGRAM   ▲  Acquista Gioielli Artigianali con Criptovalute su FioridiLilla.com  
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:25:55 PM

I had the opportunity of selling my tokens in January before the cryptocurrency crash but did not even though my target has been reached. I was waiting to see probably if it could rise further in value. The next day my whole portfolio nosedived and this particular token reduced to about 90% of its original value. Now I'm watching eagerly for it to rise so that I can sell it, even if not for the original price I intended to sell it.

rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:26:22 PM

Mine own mistake was same December 2017 rally when one of my bounty portfolio was $9000 and instead of me to take my profit i waited to get more and the South Korea, India regulation came and the portfolio is worth $2057 now. I have learned through the hard way.
Didin

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:27:38 PM

1st, i sell eth when the price is below 100$ and its about 80 Ethereum
then i buy about 50,000 XBY below 300 Satoshi then sell it too early when the price hit 500 sat, then after i sell all my coin,
the price of XBY growing hard to 5000 sat
and now i learn from that mistakes, the key of crypto investments is patient

Sonata.ai      The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────               JOIN WHITELIST               ──────────

WHITEPAPER      ●      FACEBOOK      ●      TWITTER      ●      LINKEDIN      ●      TELEGRAM      ●      MEDIUM      ●      ANN THREAD
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:28:11 PM

Same situation with nxt. I bought it for 0.3 btc and still wait to good time. Nxt team did bad things with this airdrop.
ashaksagnis

Activity: 630
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 08:33:11 PM

My biggest mistake is that I did not buy bitcoin before 8 years. Cheesy Huh
 sold some coins and they became half the price after one week. But I think that everyone of us has come across it.
patience is the best weapon.

muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:35:46 PM

I traded on BitMEX last November and used too big leverage (*100).  I  made a LONG bid when BTC was about 6000$ but unfortunately small down trend stopped out my position.
If I was not so greedy trader maybe now I would drinking pina colada on a paradise island instead  doing bounty campaign. Smiley

omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:44:54 PM

There have been several. One which remains evergreen in my memory was when I wanted to buy some tokens on Etherdelta and tried to transfer it to another wallet apart from the one I used in buying the token. After I had done the transfer, I discovered that the tokens did not appear in my wallet. When I searched for the transaction ID on etherscan, I discovered that the token was sent to the token's smart contract. All efforts to gtet the tokens back proved futile. I contacted the support via Telegram but they were only speaking English. They refused to help. Since then I've been wondering what happened that day  Sad

seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:45:36 PM

well
big mistake .

sad right ?  Grin
Not too sad, at least you already made a x2 profit from this crypto. I don't think it's a mistake to make a profit. Cheesy, Personally, I think my biggest mistake is to buy a lot of XRP (ripples) when the price is 1.4$, Till now, they are in my wallet, the price is too low, and I hope it will pump again. I think, it was better if I exchanged them when the xrp price is around 3.7$, but I choose to keep them hoping for the price will increase.
PaxtonFabian

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:01:20 PM

My biggest mistake is to buy a lot of XRP when prices down and not holding
sufferer123

Activity: 574
Merit: 55

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 09:05:04 PM

My biggest mistake was i did not buy any cyrpto in 2016 May. I read, i saw but i did not buy... My first investment is 2017 October.. So you can imagine what i missed..  Sad

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:07:31 PM

My biggest mistake was becoming too greedy on one specific erc20 token which did something like 50x. Not it has dropped to 5x levels... If I wasn't greedy I could buy real estate, possibly land from my hometown with that.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:08:29 PM

In December 2017, I also made a huge mistake. I did not sell my tokens. The price was just excellent. Now my portfolio, in comparison with that period, has decreased 6 times. It is not known whether the price of my tokens will be as high.
Gregsman

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:20:48 PM

Ouch. My friend tried to convince me in NXT and Ignis, but I saw the huge pumped price of 24$ or something like that and a large supply of 1 billion. That was a signal to back down.
I have sold few Ethereum coins and price gone up x3. That was all for me, I guess I had luck and some brains so far.
cryptobobo

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:54:15 PM

My biggest mistake so far is to sell my bitcoin's when it was at $15k not knowing that will hit $19k but i have bought back from the $6k so its not that too bad because i gained more bitcoins buying at the bottom,lets hope that bitcoin will going to bull run again so that these altcoins will grow to whenever these bullruns happens it shows positive outcome for the altcoins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: