Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:08:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My BIGGEST cryptocurrency mistake  (Read 5012 times)
Ignacia

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 04:44:07 AM

My biggest cryptocurrency mistake was to selling altcoins too early in the spring of 2017. Everything began to grow, and I was in a hurry to fix the profit. My profit was 50-70%, but if I didn't sell, I could make a 300-700% profit from some altcoins.
Ninjacointop

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:53:37 AM

My biggest mistake is greed and misunderstanding of the market. I bought a lot of coins that gave good proft for a few days. I didn't sell. I thought they should grow at least 10-20 times. As a result they fell, and I sold cheaper than bought  Grin
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:57:38 AM

My biggest cryptocurrency mistake was to selling altcoins too early in the spring of 2017. Everything began to grow, and I was in a hurry to fix the profit. My profit was 50-70%, but if I didn't sell, I could make a 300-700% profit from some altcoins.
Your journey is not over yet, I also blame myself not selling that time but I tried to convince myself because the market is unpredictable.
We have seen some good pump in the past then for sure if we hold enough we will be able to witness it again and when time comes we should not make the same mistakes again.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
hipi.hop

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:35:19 AM

I think the biggest mistake was when I sold my coins in one project right after the ICO. They had to be held for a year.

all.me ●●● SOCIAL NETWORK OF THE BLOCKCHAIN TIME ●●●
▄▄▄▬▄▄▄ Bounty all.me ▶ Jan 29th - May 8th 2018 ▄▄▄▬▄▄▄ (https://all.me/ru)
kllondd

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:20:54 AM

If we talk about my friends, they bought BTC by 16k... Although i argued that the price is unreasonable, now they regret it...
wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:50:16 PM

December 2017 during the high of highs, I made a huge mistake, I allowed greed and fomo, ignored my gut and bought into NXT because I was chasing Ignis airdrop. The coin has since tanked and I still have not received the airdrop. Nxt is probably 80/90 down.

What is your biggest cryptocurrency mistake???

My Crypto biggest mistake is not actually on investing crypto but in regard of this forum.
this year is harder for members to rank up due to merits so most of the bounty participants are nailed down to our current rank position no matter how many and how well or quality our postings are.
my biggest mistake is I didn't create a lot of forum accounts last year in order to bring them up to higher ranks so that today I could get higher bounty stakes because they're surely become higher ranks as high as Senior Member at most.

wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:54:06 PM

If we talk about my friends, they bought BTC by 16k... Although i argued that the price is unreasonable, now they regret it...

nobody knows what's coming as earlier predictions are Bitcoin will drive up as high as $50,000 late this year that's why people rushed to invest Bitcoin while it's cheaper.
But that's doesn't mean Bitcoin will crash and will soon have no value at all, Bitcoin will surge back to it's normal trading in the next few weeks or months as everyone expected that Bitcoin will rise again on 2nd and 3rd quarter this year.

VenturaBro

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:03:24 PM

December 2017 during the high of highs, I made a huge mistake, I allowed greed and fomo, ignored my gut and bought into NXT because I was chasing Ignis airdrop. The coin has since tanked and I still have not received the airdrop. Nxt is probably 80/90 down.

What is your biggest cryptocurrency mistake???

A lot of people make the mistake of panic selling. Do you think you could have prevented your mistake by hodling? Or are there any important lessons you've learned?
Dreamlandzoom

Activity: 414
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:27:55 PM

Everybody make mistakes, that’s normal. The biggest mistake you can make as a trader is not to use stop-losses. You can lose a little but protect yourself from bigger loss. But if you are not a trader, but investor then you just wait. If your coins are good they will gain the price, the question is the time you are ready to wait.
I have invested in CAPP pretty much and had a chance to sell it with good price, but didn’t do it in time. So now I am just hodling hoping that it will get its price back in a year or so
vdiablo3

Activity: 274

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:54:05 PM

I'm not a good trader. My last mistake was that i didn't sell my coins in  time. When ethereum costed 1k usd. Holding isn't always a good way.

sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:03:32 PM

I watched bitcoin cross 1000$ before I was able to raise some money to invest. Instead of me buying at the 1000$ range, I kept saying I would wait for it to come down before I buy. I kept waiting and one day BTC went wild and kept increasing in folds. My mistake was me not buying even at 3000$.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
freedoom

Activity: 201

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:06:30 PM

We are all mistaken!
My biggest mistake, for the time being, was that I did not sell all my assets at the end of December.
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:09:11 PM

I guess mine as well as most of the people's biggest mistake has been not to sell every bitcoin we had in December 2017 and every altcoins in the first week of January.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:11:40 PM

Not really a mistake but more of a missed opportunity:

1. Not sending my AION tokens into the TRS, if doing so I could triple my holdings
2. Selling my bounty reward of a certain token after the first pump, then couple of days later it pumped even more (app. 10x higher)
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:16:24 PM

Once I was participating the signature campaign they asked for the ERC20 compatible wallet address to distribute the tokens payment along with the bitcoin payment but I have shared the coinbase ethereum address for that mate.
Next to that I have used to login to the blockchain wallet with the incorrect url for accessing the wallet mate.
These both time I have made the big mistakes in the life time.
spiker777

Activity: 1000
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 08:17:44 PM

My biggest mistake was not investing in NEO and ADA back when they were in the ICO stage. I guess I actually can't consider it a mistake as I didn't know about them, but I did know about ICOs in general, my mistake was not taking the time to delve a little deeper and actually commit to an investment Sad

Run_Vie

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 08:20:05 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Well there were a few "mistakes":

- First mistake I made was, that I bought Bitcoin back in 2011 and stored them at Mt.Gox. I used them just for buying stuff in the Darknet and never tought that they would be something for long term investment. I lost all of them after the exchange closed over night. So --> Never store Coins at an exchange!

- Second "mistake" was, that I bought "not enough" Ethereum back in 2016, in my opinion. I know, if you let the greed take over, there is never enough...--> If you are convinced of a project/coin/token, invest as much as you can spare

- Third mistake was that I invested ~ 150 € in PACcoin, which was cheap and there was a huge amount to buy. But I didn´t made any research, and now I know it is more ore less just a scam/dead coin --> simple: always do research before you invest in a coin/project/token

"Der wahre Feind der Menschheit ist unser Geldsystem. Es erlaubt Banken, Geld aus dem Nichts via der Kreditvergabe zu erzeugen!"
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:30:09 PM

In my in advance naive days I might say I was about four,000 USD down from my portfolio ATH considering I was made a mistake and didn't do proper studies.

that is adequate, I nevertheless slept soundly at night time and my initial funding ( approximately 5000) changed into a quantity I was cozy losing.

That being said I have considering matured greatly in this space and continuously do greater research to solidify my confidence in this risky marketplace.
geverciss

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:33:48 PM

My biggest regret is ofc not bulk-buying BTC before 2013 Grin But speaking frankly there were lots of opportunities to make a fortune out of some junk coins. Alas I'm not cut out for such a nervous and time-consuming work as trading so my best strategy is HODL. From a long-term perspective, it might be the best way to prosper but right now it seems like losing money along the way
Adunni6758

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:56:40 PM

I have learnt a lot of lessons when it comes to holding to get another in return. I have had two of such experiences and the result was not palatable. One of it was Equal token. I was having some tokens before the holders airdrop that worth over $600. I could have sold then instead of waiting to get holders airdrop. Could you imagine that the former one i had, as well as the one added after the airdrop was not worth upto $300. Which means i lost more than half of what i would i got originally.
Whether the airdrop is real or not, i will not repeat such mistake again.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: