Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:40:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we need to diversify?  (Read 3702 times)
joburgtaxi

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:05:55 AM

The easiest way to keep yourself from dramatic loss of the capital that you invest in cryptocurrencies is the diversification of your investment portfolio. That means that in case if some coin loses its position significantly, you still have a chance of making some profit from other coins.

ElectronicBot

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:00:42 AM

I diversify, I think this is the best strategy, especially for storing currency for a long period. Diversification is necessary in any investment.
cikey

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:09:41 AM

Yes, this can avoid some risks. I suggest choosing up to 3-5 coins so as not to distract our funds too much.
jimimcome907620

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:08:59 AM

Why do we need to diversify our holdings? why we just all in in one coin to have a one time bigtime profit.
Because it is the good way for us to lose much moeny in our investment and risk. We need to be careful with our money so we need to diversify.

bezzler

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:23:11 AM

I don't ever think to put my money only on one coin. Diversifying my capitals to invest in some promising coins becomes one of the strategies that I use. It is to minimize the risks. Although you can say about the profits, we will not be able to predict exactly which coin will be boom and have the big profits. Hence, I'm still in my strategy to hold or invest in more than one coin and diversify them.
maitexisi

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 03:25:52 AM

Why do we need to diversify our holdings? why we just all in in one coin to have a one time bigtime profit.

Diversification is the only way to reduce the risk of encryption because the market value of encryption is more unpredictable than traditional assets.

MUST.IO
THE FINANCIAL REVOLUTION (https://must.io/)
Gr4yF4ng

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:33:22 AM

You should always diversify provided you have a decent amount of money in your portfolio.

If you have less than $1000 to work with, you should go all in on one coin and try to hit $2k - $4k

After that you can diversify into 2-3 coins until you have 50k+ where you can continue with 2-3 coins or diversify into 4-5 coins. Depends on the market at the time of your holdings and the number of coins you think have potential to moon.

As a general rule, the more money you have, the more you want to mitigate risk.

Also, try to diversify based on categories of crypto as well. For example, supply chain sector has a bunch of cryptos like VEN, AMB, WTC, MOD, etc. Pick a good one out of these that has potential for big gains and invest your diversified portfolio that way. In this case, AMB has the best risk to reward ratio.
briton

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:34:00 AM

because by having many types of coins, then the opportunity for us to continue to benefit will be greater. However, if only one of the coins we have, then we just glued to trading with the coin. If the price of these coins were ugly, then we cannot be anything, because we cannot obviously trading. This is important, dividing investments in some types of coins.
Henisusan

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:57:30 AM

For me, It is a must to diversify the capitals into some altcoins. Having one coin with the big amount will be too risky. When we get the profits, we will get the very big amount. But, when the coin price is dropped, we cannot do anything because we only have one.
It is different when we own some coins. We can diversify which coins are for day-trading, short investment, and long holding. It is important to consider.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
sulec70

Activity: 373

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:02:20 AM

Need to diversify because it is the only way to decrease our risks in crypto
It is recommended to invest in several investment tools. We  can invest in gold,stocks,land, or in crypto. In crypto itself, we can invest  in btc, eth,ripple to minimize our risk.That is the reason why we should diversify our investment portfolio.
avary18

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:11:39 AM

For me, It is a must to diversify the capitals into some altcoins. Having one coin with the big amount will be too risky. When we get the profits, we will get the very big amount. But, when the coin price is dropped, we cannot do anything because we only have one.
It is different when we own some coins. We can diversify which coins are for day-trading, short investment, and long holding. It is important to consider.
I agree we have to diversify and put  a money to an investments that we are willing to lose.Putting all your money in one investments is so very risky 50/50 are the chance to become successful,you may invest in some altcoins like neo,ripple and eth and hold it for a long term for a significant profit.
lehnelora

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:34:07 AM

It has investments in a variety of many coins, definitely have a chance to get a lot of advantages and is able to reduce the risk. And with this, you make investments not only on one coin, and given that the market started to grow slowly are crypto now. Tantu you will get many advantages and will be a great selection of coins for investment in the long term.
gitotedjo

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:40:17 AM

I think we do need to diversify, and I think that's important for us to do in investing. We should not rely on just one focus and we should not close the opportunities that are in front of us. Opportunities exist because we create our own. If we want to get a bigger return on our investment, then we have to diversify by opening up investments with others. For example by adding investment to other coins, or penetrated into investment programs with others such as mining, or trading. With us diversifying, we can benefit regularly and in large quantities and at different times.
coly20032003

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:55:53 AM

I think it is way to risky to put money only in one coin, what if that coin turns out to be scam, what if something happen to that coin you lose all of your money, you will regret at that time. So I try to diversify my investment to reduce risks.
Gelith

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:59:57 AM

It is very important to decrease risks. That is why i always try to invest my money in 3-5 different coins.
forestharvest
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:01:45 AM

Indeed from what you say if we focus only on one coin and it rise like what you have expected you have a very big profit margin. However you should not forget that in this trading market anything can happened, even the fact that you got any news or information from sources that this coin will rise but there is still a possibility of not rising or even dropping. Diversify your portfolio is to make your loss smaller when some unexpected things happening in the market but at the same time will be lesser profit for you also.  
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:09:19 AM

Diversification is the key if you want to have a strong portfolio.
You must know the rule: never put all your eggs in one basket, it is simply comon sense. Now there are some exceptions. Some people will tell you they made a huge profit in an all in. In the other side, some people lost a lot too.
Now if you have $100 only to invest, for sure go all in.
sadiem

Activity: 204

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:50:51 AM

Yes, I agree with you by putting our money on some of the coins were more profitable and reduce the level of risk. And if the benefit will also be a lot more. Investment in some Altcoin is strategy is very nice and it can make us more patient and able to avoid losses.
Anita1873

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 05:59:53 AM

Diversification is good to averaging your profits as not all coins go in one direction every time and if you don't diversify and your coin goes down, you get loss but if you diversify your investments then there are low chances of losses.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
ichsan ardi

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:04:46 AM

basicly, why we need diversify is to make sure that we not loss of all our altcoin when the market price going down. if we just all in in one coin, and then marekt going down, we just loss everything. so for me, its more like safe play.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: