Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:34:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter banned advertising crypto currency  (Read 525 times)
hiddenmist

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:06:21 PM

LONDON (Reuters) - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) will start banning cryptocurrency advertising from Tuesday, joining Facebook and Google in a clampdown that seeks to avoid giving publicity to potential fraud or large investor losses.

The prohibition will cover advertising of initial coin offerings (ICOs) - crowdfunding used to raise cash by creating new coins - as well as token sales, the San Francisco-based firm told Reuters on Monday.

The new policy, which will be rolled out over the next 30 days, will also ban ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services, unless they are public companies listed on certain major stock markets.

For Japan, these will be limited to crypto exchanges regulated by its national financial regulator, Twitter said.
As far as i know, it is only the advertisement regarding cryptocurrency ttht they are banning but not all crytoccurrency content. You can still post tweet or retweet regarding cryptocurrency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alex6562

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:12:42 PM

I believe there's something to it… All solid projects can survive with no Google/Twitter ads… Maybe it will help eliminate shady backers/attract more serious investors?... I'm thinking the impact of this ban has been non-existent so far…
FPG

Activity: 672
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:14:55 PM

I do not understand why social networks took such a position. It seems to me that they must support the latest technology and blockchain, rather than hinder it. I'm sad.
yrsat

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:19:49 PM

My account works but I think I'm actively involved in bounty companies, but I think it will affect everyone. It's getting harder in the crypto industry.
Melnikof

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:47:14 PM

LONDON (Reuters) - Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) will start banning cryptocurrency advertising from Tuesday, joining Facebook and Google in a clampdown that seeks to avoid giving publicity to potential fraud or large investor losses.

The prohibition will cover advertising of initial coin offerings (ICOs) - crowdfunding used to raise cash by creating new coins - as well as token sales, the San Francisco-based firm told Reuters on Monday.

The new policy, which will be rolled out over the next 30 days, will also ban ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services, unless they are public companies listed on certain major stock markets.

For Japan, these will be limited to crypto exchanges regulated by its national financial regulator, Twitter said.

Whatever, but atleast there are some community on forums, also here, where you can find information about projects, if you're interested in some ICO.
dasha_buka

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:49:55 PM

In my opinion thats good move by facebook and twitter too. We don't need newbies lured in by paided ads to disrupt the market orders by no reason
WNbahr

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:21:26 PM

true, even though that's a fairly complex thing does not mean to be an obstacle for others to review, because otherwise it will lose the stalls to promote and benefit from a certain industrial projects.
brusnika

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:35:59 PM

My twitter profile is officially dead! Cool 2 weeks ago I saw a message on my twitter page, "your account is suspended". I wrote an appeal e-mail and a day later received a verdict that my account will not be recovered, the reasons wasn't called. I participated in a maximum of 2-3 twitter campaigns and all, so,that is strange, I cannot be called a spammer.  Grin I blame hashtag #ICO

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __   
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale  Sep up to 25% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
olsyd

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:39:28 PM

Prohibited paid advertising on Twitter. Individuals were not forbidden to retweeted and write messages about the crypto currency. Therefore for us with you, nothing has changed.
I think so too, it's a little stupid and in my opinion illegally to restrict freedom of speech but ultimately will see
OuterTech

Activity: 294

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 10:53:54 PM

Ask me what the website address you get information about the ban of Twitter advertising? Is there any accurate information? If you want to provide information to everyone, there is a need to avoid confusion for everyone, causing the exchange rate of the market to fall due to such fake information. Be a responsible person with the knowledge shared with the community, avoid confusion, fear for the community.

bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:02:49 PM

However, there are communities in social media where you can find information about the cryptos or representatives of projects. I suppose that reducing advertising is needed for the safety of Twitter developers.
it is worth nothing for cryptocurrency community. The fact that has taken place, ICO needs no advertising from social media or google. The most effective promotion is via bounty campaign. It is very efective. With thousand members of social media accounts that are actively retweet or sharers ICOs will reach the audience. Not to worry about ad banning from social media. They will regret because most busines are now cryptocurrency.
Trader44

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:19:48 PM

For long-term run ecosystems will have benefit from that regulations that will come to us in July-June this year, so we must prepare for that.
BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:14:44 AM

I think that here won't be anything terrible or really scaring. They have already done it on google and fb, but without any affects      
Conte_Forni

Activity: 406

https://www.bitc2.org/

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:27:01 AM

It's good!! And believe me, nothing terrible has happened! I even think this is a plus for us all!
keltics

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:51:53 PM

I believe there's something to it… All solid projects can survive with no Google/Twitter ads… Maybe it will help eliminate shady backers/attract more serious investors?... I'm thinking the impact of this ban has been non-existent so far…
pos-game
Copper Member

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:17:05 AM

I believe it's a good thing. The good projects don't need to advertise - it's mostly the scammy projects that need to do that. You don't see IPOs or startup fundraising advertising on twitter, that would be ridiculous
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:31:06 AM

Following the same step of Facebook and Google, now Twitter is ready to forbid the crypto ads in its platform. 2 weeks later twitter will start to enact, and just like what i read there's exception. The actions must be doing after very much complaint about spam and crypto ads that cheating.

https://www.sundul.com/berita-altcoin/twitter-mempersiapkan-larangan-iklan-crypto/

coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 05:37:05 AM

So campaign managers should adjust and not ask us to put hashtags like #ICO, #BTC, #ETH, #cryptocurrency. I know, it will reduce the effectiveness of the campaign, but is a lesser evil than having all participating accounts banned. I will stay away from twitter bounties requiring to put those ## to count posts. I had my account suspended as a first warning and don't want to start with the fresh account with so many limitations.

aleacoin.io

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 10:36:34 AM

paid advertising on Twitter has been prohibited. Users are not restricted from posts and retweets about cryptocurrency and ICOs.
elenachers

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:45:26 AM

HA! What a company, am I right? They should take care of the donation tweets maybe? Why are they doing this? It's the number one social platform for advertising… it is going to be much tougher for all the new ICOs. Stupid and short-sighted decision.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: