Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:31:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin TOP-500 Richest  (Read 79651 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:24:33 PM

A fairly common and accurate predictor of a person's wealth can be made by how desperately they brag about it.   Generally, it is like Queen Gertrude's dramatically ironic comment.

Actually, a good indicator of people's intelligence is their participation in this forum. I am the PR working for this guy, numbnuts. That's what I do all day: hang out with you idiots and point out just how fucking worthless you are when compared to MP, and explain and document the why. This'd be a fine example of that.

I am pretty secure that in all aspects of life, including wealth, I stack up just fine beside you (oops) I meant your boss.  Your rudeness is on a similar scale to your ignorance. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 01:10:37 AM

i hate to sound stupid, (too late) but, exactly who is MP? meaning, i understand he runs the exchange, but what's MP stand for?

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 04:00:05 AM

You have three number 7s in your list. Their BTC holdings are not the same, why do they have the same number?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:19:55 AM

You have three number 7s in your list. Their BTC holdings are not the same, why do they have the same number?

Because the list is under construction, and a forum thread is not a best format because I need to update the list numbers manually.

Besides, I will likely change the format to "about 5000", "about 10,000", etc. It is both difficult and pointless to try to have more exact figures, except from the very top (whose holdings have become public anyway).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:26:26 AM

i hate to sound stupid, (too late) but, exactly who is MP? meaning, i understand he runs the exchange, but what's MP stand for?

Mircea Popescu

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
allover

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

In mathematics we believe.

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:58:40 AM

KnightMB 371,000 bitcoins
http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/11/mf_bitcoin/2/
nakowa 10,000+ bitcoins (assuming he hasn't lost it all since)
http://www.dailydot.com/news/biggest-bitcoin-win-gambling-history-nakowa/

He deposited a couple of thousand into Lets-dice and I'm pretty sure he lost a majority after gambling on just-dice (the after-effects, a plus .35% profit, oh it was beautiful).

You didn't follow up... I won back and invested in JD, made more profit. Now what I made from JD is more than 16K, you still think that's beautiful ?

http://letsdice.com | True dice game, Jackpot accumulated, Huge referral rewards!
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 11:32:40 AM

nakowa 10,000+ bitcoins (assuming he hasn't lost it all since)
http://www.dailydot.com/news/biggest-bitcoin-win-gambling-history-nakowa/
He deposited a couple of thousand into Lets-dice and I'm pretty sure he lost a majority after gambling on just-dice (the after-effects, a plus .35% profit, oh it was beautiful).
You didn't follow up... I won back and invested in JD, made more profit. Now what I made from JD is more than 16K, you still think that's beautiful ?

If you have more than 30kBTC total, I can update it to the list.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 01:42:50 PM

Look to the owners of the big pools. I will add others as I think of them.

Much appreciated, thank you!

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 01:48:12 PM

Privacy, with a full hand scan to get some bitcoins at the atm. Can buy anything i want without providing a fingerprint, only exception is few satoshi's at said machine.
 Privacy?

What is this ATM handscan thing, care to explain more?

manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:16:21 PM

Privacy, with a full hand scan to get some bitcoins at the atm. Can buy anything i want without providing a fingerprint, only exception is few satoshi's at said machine.
 Privacy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFqBtvLVRpY&feature=youtu.be
You have been identified. Its a step by step process first full certified on exchange now finger scan whats next, a full DNA sample?
Cant wait to have my fingerprint sent to anyone who wants them.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 02:38:13 PM

Privacy?

You have been identified. Its a step by step process first full certified on exchange now finger scan whats next, a full DNA sample?

Seems a stupid feature, but too early to comment.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 03:31:36 PM

Privacy?

Seems a stupid feature, but too early to comment.

I've read somewhere that is part of the Canadian law (the handscan).

I think it's not. I think they're doing it to calm down AML regulators and take wind out of their sails.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 10:14:01 PM

Let's see if the Finnish machine has a similar feature implemented.. it is launched next wed. Smiley

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2013, 11:59:28 PM

BITCOIN TOP-500: 51-100
At present you will earn a place in this list if your balance is at least BTC7,000.

50.  BTC10,500*. cypherdoc

51.  BTC10,000*. rpietila

Others in this category, awaiting for more sources & confirmations:
byronbb
NewLibertyStandard
laszlo
allinvain
John K.
sirius
HostFat
Timo Y
zhoutong
01BTC10

BITCOIN TOP-500: 101-200
At present you will earn a place in this list if your balance is at least BTC3,500.

101.  BTC4,000*. Kristoffer Koch.

FreeMoney
jimbobway

BITCOIN TOP-500: 200-500
At present you will earn a place in this list if your balance is at least BTC2,100 as a tribute to Vladimir's Club.

201.  BTC3,000. Vladimir

202.  BTC2,500. Wikileaks

wow you are rich XD
51.  BTC10,000*. rpietila  ~2Million dollars

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:26:42 AM

What if coins are 'invested' in the Just-Dice bankroll?  He no longer "holds" those coins - they're physically held in the JD cold wallet.  Although he can request to withdraw them with a few hours' notice.

If you're not going to count MP's holdings because he has shares not actual Bitcoins, where do you draw the line?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:39:05 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2013, 08:03:59 AM by rpietila

What if coins are 'invested' in the Just-Dice bankroll?  He no longer "holds" those coins - they're physically held in the JD cold wallet.  Although he can request to withdraw them with a few hours' notice.

If you're not going to count MP's holdings because he has shares not actual Bitcoins, where do you draw the line?

The extremist stance is that whoever holds the keys, has the coins, and that bitcoins are not subject to a legal definition of ownership. This is not very practical or mature (imho). Everyone can imagine the problems if we actually thought this way.

At the very minimum bitcoins need to be subject to ownership, which makes custodial holdings count. Instead of Mark having all the balances of Mt.Gox customers, the customers own them, but they have a counterparty risk due to being commingled and given to Mt.Gox custody. Counterparty risk is bad, but having your bitcoins in your own possession is not risk-free either.

Mt.Gox example counts as bitcoins, since the custodial agreement does not give Mt.Gox the right to sell the coins. A different matter would be to give a bitcoin loan to some companies that get rid of the coins when building their business (like ASIC manufacturers). That would not count as bitcoins, since the bitcoins are sold and would become double-counted. An intermediate case is Just Dice, where the custodial agreement does not give the site any liberty to meddle with bitcoins, only the balance changes according to well-defined rules. Also the balance can be withdrawn at the lender's request, so it is more like a deposit, not a loan. I would classify this with Mt.Gox.

MPOE-PR raised the issue of having bitcoin-businesses. The stocks in bitcoin businesses are not bitcoins. This much is clear. But the businesses themselves are either incorporated or unincorporated Persons, and most likely hold bitcoins as their assets. In my opinion, the bitcoins owned by corporations should be prorated to their owners. MPEx famously does not have bitcoins in its balance sheet, so it counts as zero in MP total bitcoins. I, on the other hand, control a 60% stake in Silvervault, which owns about BTC2,000. In this method, BTC1,200 is credited to my total, regardless of the valuation of Silvervault or whether the stock is liquid or not.

If a company has lots of coins, but ownership is very dispersed so that no owner would make it to the Fortune 500, the company may remain "whole".

Anything to question/add?

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:51:26 PM

OP edited. Will edit the (*)-section soon! Smiley

agent007

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:34:06 PM

I will be the next in the list.
At least I hope so.
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 01:29:02 PM

(*) section edited.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 01:31:26 PM

The extremist stance is that whoever holds the keys, has the coins, and that bitcoins are not subject to a legal definition of ownership. This is not very practical or mature (imho). Everyone can imagine the problems if we actually thought this way.

I disagree, I think it will be very practical and not immature in the least sense. This will lead to more responsible finance I think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: