Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:42:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know if Bounty is scam?  (Read 7484 times)
JehJeh121

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:59:55 AM

You must research and study the project. Look for the team if they are good. Read also the whitepaper and look for their website also.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jancuki

Activity: 789
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:00:18 AM

How do you know if it is a scam? Because I have encountered a bounty that let me finish all the translations first and didn't respond to me after I have passed it. I hope bounties will not be like this anymore because they demand and we did our part but they didn't do theirs. I hope you could answer my question.
If predicting from the beginning it will be difficult, but at least it can be by anticipating it. how you can see related websites, their team experiences, and always see the developments in the related telegram group. Maybe that's what I can suggest.
Jinz02

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 12:14:47 PM

Before you join get more information about the bounty you want to participate and get more info in the manager if the manager is trusted or not if you do that then you know if the bounty is scam.
Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:50:37 PM

its better to join bounty which has been sucessful before (have early round). but to know its scam or not, maybe you can check on their website or social media. does it updating ? or they just leave it be?
All these indicators are easily "drawn". Some scam projects to the very end create the appearance of the reality of fundraising.
demonist

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:06:01 PM

Carefully Read the white paper of the project . The composition of the team is very important: for example, the project is engaged in the development of a neural network and the chief Director of the advertising Manager.    Also pay attention to bounty managers, read reviews about them, whether they participated in many scam projects.
veraro

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:57:14 PM

In real you never know that bounty not scam until you get your tokens for work. So to avoid scam you have to make a little investigation before joining bounty campaign. You have to find out is the manager have a good reputation, if the ico have a high rank, if there some respectable advisers.Thats all not guarantee that you get your tokens, but minimize risk.

Chronner

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:45:05 PM

It all depends on the intellect of the person who chooses the bounty. If he is naive and believes in fairy tales, then it is useless to analyze. On the other hand, failure in the company can happen with a shortage of funds as it was with IronBlock https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2521066.0. I do not even know whether this situation should be considered a scum.

V O L E N T I X   █   Decentralized Change   █   3rd Party DAPP Platform
▬ •  VENUE  • ▬  Social Rewards Platform   █   ANN   TWITTER   TELEGRAM   █   ▬ • VDEX • ▬  Decentralized Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ( V ) BETA TESTER  |  Designed by Zpectrum    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
wamul

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:53:46 PM

Check the team, the idea, the website, wp...If it's serious project they wouldn't cheat
dartvobesci

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:01:10 PM

Marinecoín .MTC.  The first Dev-less  self-sustaining  Crypto-Currenncy  Artificial Intelligence Machine to Machine payment network Artificial intelligence what is AI  Well Marinecoín has a ico where you can earn up to 20;000 .MTC. simply by following all of the steps specified.   And then javis AI  will analyse the applications for proof of promotion to make sure only genuine applicants receive the ico .    Marinecoíns block chain is 500% faster that Bitcoin Which offer fast secure transactions .it is also eco friendly because it uses very little energy  .MTC. also has its own exchange which is safe and secure.  .MTC. is dev less no need for miners  which leaves the community in control of the future .MTC..   So come and join the .MTC. community marineco.ínAnd remember Javis Artificial Intelligence  is checking for proof of promotion which only exits with Marinecoín. Be part of the future technology which only exits with Marinecoín  Marinecoín is a safe long term investment because: Marinecoín ecosystem is designed to be able to protect itself. Marinecoín is the crypto currenncy of the future where javis artificial intelligence  will set the standard for all crypto currenncy. Marinecoín . The first Dev-less  self-sustaining  Crypto-Currenncy  Artificial Intelligence Machine to Machine payment network
minttop

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:06:45 PM

Well, men, just look at their base (it's the first)
What they can bring in future, is it possible and how can it be improved in future
Also the point of people who stand up to this token
Who has creat it, how many people works to make this token better, how many people take this token
Benefits - what are they and how can I get them, in what period
Smth like this
Also some more elements to look, but they are not really can make a picture clearly

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
mald1to

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:51:51 PM

How do you know if it is a scam? Because I have encountered a bounty that let me finish all the translations first and didn't respond to me after I have passed it. I hope bounties will not be like this anymore because they demand and we did our part but they didn't do theirs. I hope you could answer my question.

You will eventually know it when you did not receive payment for a year or so. Yes, you will know it but it will be too late already. So just follow a bounty manager with good reputation than an ICO that is good but you dont know about the manager that holds it.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:01:03 PM

Through reading whitepaper you will notice the platform of one ICO also through this you will notice most important information that leads to knowing the legality of the project. Some bounty is not legit and they offer too much high payment and at the end of the project, they will not give the reward. The truth is to hard to find out whether legit or scam the bounty because the manager didn't state the legitimacy of the project. And it depends on you to find out the whether the bounty is a scam or legitimate. In I state reading the white paper you will find out all information you need regarding the legitimacy of the bounty you participating.
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:16:02 PM

Check the team, the website, determine whether the team is responsive on their Telegram chat. Check their Linkedin profiles too. And also, do read the whitepaper beforehand.

terzy

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:28:02 PM

There are several ways to understand if a Bounty is a scam. Try to investigate their team members if they're real people. Try to use scam monitors design for crypto projects. Try to understand their whitepaper if there is inconsistency. Scam projects have unrealistic goals. If the project does have that potential, professional developers will never make such promises. They will let you know about the potential of their project and that’s it. No serious team will ever make a price prediction about their token or claim it can fix the world.

skaya7

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 01:30:46 PM

suggest that you do not enter the bounty you can not. join in what they can get communicate with.they are not the people who will get into the tricks like they already get the answers they do the tasks they make the effort for the project

CRYPTOV8 ◄◄◄◄ Bringing banking to blockchain►►►► (https://www.cryptov8.com/)
dailoc_au

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:04:02 AM

Your question is also my concern. when I know bounty, I have been scammed many times and I think there should be a way to stop this. Otherwise there will be no fairness in this area. Hopefully in the future there will be a best solution. Thank you!
kanmo

Activity: 458

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:13:17 PM

I easily detect a scam bounty when a project that promised to awards $7.5million did not even raised $100k. They use the method to draw the attention of many bounty hunters.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T
yangtinglei

Activity: 225

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:27:25 PM

There's too much of it now, and it's true. It is often hard work, but not the reward.
conanmori

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:18:57 AM

The key is looking at the team. An ICO must have clear a public team members that show their real faces and have a verifiable identity, if not ... suspect.

Centra got a public team but still run the money they got but still you are right about a team who show their public faces is the best option we got. Also reading whitepaper can help you understand more and aware about the ICO you joining.

KXC247

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:26:06 AM

There's no way to find out ,because even if you have done a lot of research and you find good informations these legits ICOs might turn into a scam. That is why we need to be more vigillant, one redflag is enough to stay away from these scammers! especially when someone in their team isnt using their real identity because surely they will scam people.

You also need to study their idea as well and know if its valuable and supposed to be on the blockchain .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: