Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:32:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATE - ON HAND] BitFury 16 Chip Boards 41.7Gh/s 3.69BTC  (Read 11692 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:31:36 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2013, 05:29:34 AM by Bicknellski

This is insanely overpriced.

Where have I seen this post before?

Probably in every thread you read, doesn't make it any less true...
You could just buy blades for about the same price, have them the next day and start losing money faster  Roll Eyes

We all get it is "INSANELY" overpriced.

What I do like about these fabricators is that they are not INSANE or INSANELY rude and are willing to offer something up knowing full well the limits of the difficulty and the costs of production. Using loaded language doesn't help inform the community with regards to the sellers constraints nor does it really convey the intent of the seller. These guys are not ASICminer... or BFL or AVALON... those were INSANELY OVERPRICED units given the delivery failures  of the last two or off the shelf prices of the first company.

These guys are putting out a reasonably priced product in terms of the cost of production and "profit" they hope to achieve. Those who want to scream and shout that everything is 'INSANELY' overpriced seem to me are losing sight of what is arguably more important and that is to have sellers that are not ASICminer, BFL and AVALON who have already proven to consistently under deliver, over promise or price gouged our community.There is value in supporting "INSANELY" overpriced fabricators like Bobsag3, KnC, BlueFury, Bi-Fury, BuzzDave, KnC etc over the companies I have mentioned above. Some of these people really do give a shit about the product and try to be fair within reason with the community and it is demonstratively better we support them as long as they continue to be reasonable and ethical to the community.

At this point if you want to be constructive or help educate the wider community and save people the MOST money and pain:

* Get more people to file FTC complaints against BFL.
* Work to get AVALON to refund people they still owe units or chips to.
* BOYCOTT Avalon GenII and future chips in an effort to send them the message the community isn't going to take that sort of ineptitude.
* Support groups who try and provide units at a more reasonable pricing compared to ASICminer astronomically and wildly over priced Block Erupters were.

In my mind there are some battles worth fighting particularly with respect to ASICminer, BFL and Avalon.

We all know how to calculate "ROI" by now but it might be better to post the actual $ or BTC vs Mining Revenue for life of the unit. Do we need to see it is INSANITY to buy a unit for each and every fabricator? No. So at the very least be more creative or target the real problem companies for the community. If it is not FAIR VALUE... then post the numbers and state why. Vilifying the wrong companies if you ask me is not really that helpful in fact if you are doing that I would suspect it is more a ploy to reduce mining overall more than a PSA to the community. What is your real motive?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:52:55 AM

We all get it is "INSANELY" overpriced.

What I do like about these fabricators is that they are not INSANE or INSANELY rude and are willing to offer something up knowing full well the limits of the difficulty and the costs of production. Using loaded language doesn't help inform the community with regards to the sellers constraints nor does it really convey the intent of the seller. These guys are not ASICminer... or BFL or AVALON... those were INSANELY OVERPRICED units given the delivery failures  of the last two or off the shelf prices of the first company.

These guys are putting out a reasonably priced product in terms of the cost of production and "profit" they hope to achieve. Those who want to scream and shout that everything is 'INSANELY' overpriced seem to me are losing sight of what is arguably more important and that is to have sellers that are not ASICminer, BFL and AVALON who have already proven to consistently under deliver, over promise or price gouged our community.There is value in supporting "INSANELY" overpriced fabricators like Bobsag3, KnC, BlueFury, Bi-Fury, BuzzDave, KnC etc over the companies I have mentioned above. Some of these people really do give a shit about the product and try to be fair within reason with the community and it is demonstratively better we support them as long as they continue to be reasonable and ethical to the community.

At this point if you want to be constructive or help educate the wider community and save people the MOST money and pain:

* Get more people to file FTC complaints against BFL.
* Work to get AVALON to refund people they still owe units or chips to.
* BOYCOTT Avalon GenII and future chips in an effort to send them the message the community isn't going to take that sort of ineptitude.
* Support groups who try and provide units at a more reasonable pricing compared to ASICminer astronomically and wildly over priced Block Erupters were.

In my mind there are some battles worth fighting particularly with respect to ASICminer, BFL and Avalon.

We all know how to calculate "ROI" by now but it might be better to post the actual $ or BTC vs Mining Revenue for life of the unit. Do we need to see it is INSANITY to buy a unit for each and every fabricator? No. So at the very least be more creative or target the real problem companies for the community. If it is not FAIR VALUE... then post the numbers and state why. Vilifying the wrong companies if you ask me is not really that helpful in fact if you are doing that I would suspect it is more a ploy to reduce mining overall more than a PSA to the community. What is your real motive?

Your rite, I realize that I was not contributing to the previous conversation and I should have not responded after my question was answered about a price drop. 
I apologize for taking this thread off track.
I have to admit, I did exactly what annoys me all the time. I don't have an alternative motive here I was simply just putting my foot in my mouth. So again i apologize.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:06:19 PM

Happy to report I have received the tracking number for the boards, I should get them within the next 48 hours (gotta love UPS express)
GodHatesFigs

Activity: 557
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:33:04 PM

Insanely overpriced.
GandalfG

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

Dig your freedom

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:49:30 PM

Looks fine but price.
I do not want to be a bad prophet, but on Monday we will see new lower price in Bitfury shop (MBP and BFSB). I assume about 300EUR for the H-Board 30-40Gh
Likewise Avalon. May all of us be surprised low price. Especially that BTCGarden produces huge amounts of their ASIC for pennies at 110nm.
http://www.btcgarden.com/productsDetail.do?id=106#

Want to say thanks? 16ragydppe9QFRVhrdwEUjgfMS7KCfEFGY
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: