Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:42:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATE - ON HAND] BitFury 16 Chip Boards 41.7Gh/s 3.69BTC  (Read 11692 times)
whitefeather

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:48:07 PM

Interesting product. A few questions, if you don't mind:

1) Supplying power to the unit: I see a barrel type power connector (I think) near the on/off switch. Can you address the type of connector we will need to supply power to the unit? I have some barrel type plugs on cables (created and sold by cablez, member on this forum, see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0) connected to a PSU that I used to power BFL FPGA units at one time, and are now powering BFL Jalapenos. Can I use these? If not, can you recommend, or better yet, sell us something to power these boards?

2) Daisy chaining: How many units can we daisy chain together such that we use only one RPi?

3) You note "Includes only the board itself. Power cable and Raspberry Pi not included" in the OP. What is that board that is connected to the bottom of the RPi? I get the BitFury 16X board, the RPi, but what is that thing connected to the bottom of the RPi?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks.

1) I think there is both a barrel-connector and the 4 pin green connector the blade uses, via 12V. Power usage is going to be between .9w/ghash to 1.3w/ghash.
We will be offering for sale both types of power connectors once I have finalized the best for the price, and a reliable supplier.

2) At minimum 10 (most we have tested so far). Shooting for 20-50 per, but can do 10. Otherwise We will come up with some way to compensate users if extra Pi's are needed

3) The board connected to the bottom of the PI is a controller board, that will also be included with each miner (its technically "part" of the miner thats why we didn't advertise separately)

I hope I answered all your questions.

Thank you for your prompt response. I am very interested in how Item #1 above turns out. Given Black Arrow's history of working on follow up production runs of the infamous Icarus/Lancelot FPGA boards, I suspect he may have retained that product's barrel type connector. In which case, I may be able to use my existing barrel type plugs, which Cablez himself says "These cables will also fit the Icarus or ztex FPGA or any 12V 2.5/5.5mm DC plug peripheral." It would be great if Black Arrow can confirm the Bitfury 16X board's power connector specifications.

At any rate, I am impressed with your speed to market. Congrats. I shall have to order one to try out, and hopefully I can expand my future hashing capabilities with your boards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:51:57 PM

Interesting product. A few questions, if you don't mind:

1) Supplying power to the unit: I see a barrel type power connector (I think) near the on/off switch. Can you address the type of connector we will need to supply power to the unit? I have some barrel type plugs on cables (created and sold by cablez, member on this forum, see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0) connected to a PSU that I used to power BFL FPGA units at one time, and are now powering BFL Jalapenos. Can I use these? If not, can you recommend, or better yet, sell us something to power these boards?

2) Daisy chaining: How many units can we daisy chain together such that we use only one RPi?

3) You note "Includes only the board itself. Power cable and Raspberry Pi not included" in the OP. What is that board that is connected to the bottom of the RPi? I get the BitFury 16X board, the RPi, but what is that thing connected to the bottom of the RPi?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks.

1) I think there is both a barrel-connector and the 4 pin green connector the blade uses, via 12V. Power usage is going to be between .9w/ghash to 1.3w/ghash.
We will be offering for sale both types of power connectors once I have finalized the best for the price, and a reliable supplier.

2) At minimum 10 (most we have tested so far). Shooting for 20-50 per, but can do 10. Otherwise We will come up with some way to compensate users if extra Pi's are needed

3) The board connected to the bottom of the PI is a controller board, that will also be included with each miner (its technically "part" of the miner thats why we didn't advertise separately)

I hope I answered all your questions.

Thank you for your prompt response. I am very interested in how Item #1 above turns out. Given Black Arrow's history of working on follow up production runs of the infamous Icarus/Lancelot FPGA boards, I suspect he may have retained that product's barrel type connector. In which case, I may be able to use my existing barrel type plugs, which Cablez himself says "These cables will also fit the Icarus or ztex FPGA or any 12V 2.5/5.5mm DC plug peripheral." It would be great if Black Arrow can confirm the Bitfury 16X board's power connector specifications.

At any rate, I am impressed with your speed to market. Congrats. I shall have to order one to try out, and hopefully I can expand my future hashing capabilities with your boards.

I do believe I remember being told something about them using the same power connectors as the Lancelots, I will double check. Thank you for refreshing my memory (BA and I talk a lot on skype, lots to remember)

EDIT: Looking back in my messages, they do use the same size DC barrel connector as the Lancelot. As the power consumption is not final yet, Im not sure the lancelot cable will work, but it is the same size. I will double check this with them next time I talk to them
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:28:15 PM

So how would someone go about hooking one of these up to a desktop asif it were usb and not SPI Connection? Or do i seriously need to buy a RPi just to run one of these
Im very intrested in the product!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 07:30:36 PM

So how would someone go about hooking one of these up to a desktop asif it were usb and not SPI Connection? Or do i seriously need to buy a RPi just to run one of these
You will need a rPi to run at least one board, yes.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:57:43 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 06:42:10 AM by bobsag3

Incoming pics!
http://ecointalk.net/gallery/album/5-black-arrow-16x-bitfury-first-batch/
http://ecointalk.net/gallery/album/2-black-arrows-16x-bitfury-prototypes/
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:02:28 PM

Now with every order of 4 or more boards (Per 4)
http://www.cardreaderfactory.com/shop/atx-to-dc-power-adapter.html
Will be included. Also each board will be coming with an empty Green power adaptor (like ASICMiner Blades do).

Last software revision had each board doing 38+ghash, so we are well on track to deliver promised hash rate or more (very alpha software). First shipments to me from BA should be Sunday Night CST time (Monday morning in HK) so I should be able to start reshipping these as soon as they arrive!
whitefeather

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 04:08:04 AM

I assume rPi running MinePeon will work on your product? BTW, I recognize those power adapters as Lancelot adapters. Holding out hope that barrel plug power from PSU will work equally well.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 04:24:31 AM

I assume rPi running MinePeon will work on your product? BTW, I recognize those power adapters as Lancelot adapters. Holding out hope that barrel plug power from PSU will work equally well.
I can make no guarantees as so functionality with other miners, besides the version of CGminer on the rpi that Kano is dev'ing.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 04:16:41 PM

UPDATE: Two Credit Card Processors and Paypal has closed our accounts due to "risks associated with bitcoin hardware sales." We are not naive and we have reason to believe that these are actions from the Financial Industry to depress bitcoin mining hardware sales.

It's not their fault, they're just minimizing risk. BFL has utterly destroyed the reputation of bitcoin mining hardware by causing vast amounts of chargeback due to failing to deliver.

Buy & Hold
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 04:25:12 PM

UPDATE: Two Credit Card Processors and Paypal has closed our accounts due to "risks associated with bitcoin hardware sales." We are not naive and we have reason to believe that these are actions from the Financial Industry to depress bitcoin mining hardware sales.

It's not their fault, they're just minimizing risk. BFL has utterly destroyed the reputation of bitcoin mining hardware by causing vast amounts of chargeback due to failing to deliver.
No kidding.
Hes serious tho- Hes lost 2 CC processors and his paypal account, and both my paypal accounts (personal and business) have essentially been taken out.

On good news, I should have all the boards Wednesday afternoon! They are all packed up at the factory, ready to ship in the morning via UPS Express to me.
the_remote

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 04:40:20 PM

I'd love to get into these.  It looks like a genius design.  I just can't for this price point.  I know you said to go elsewhere with this kind of talk but I just wanted to chime in and say I'm extremely interested and I'll be keeping an eye out for the price to come down on these.
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:40:50 PM

Do you think we will see a price reduction considering Avalon is selling in hand 60Gh/s units for 4BTC?
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:02:30 PM

Do you think we will see a price reduction considering Avalon is selling in hand 60Gh/s units for 4BTC?
Except the part where a avalon mini uses 600w+ by itself, almost 10w/ghash. This is 10 times as efficient.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 09:44:02 PM

Except the part where a avalon mini uses 600w+ by itself, almost 10w/ghash. This is 10 times as efficient.

Avalon, eww.

Your real competition is MegaBigPower with 30 GH/s @ 2.5 BTC.

Buy & Hold
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 09:54:32 PM

Avalon, eww.

Yeah. Also, we need to adjust the BTC price to come inline with the USD price anyways.
New Price: $800 or 4BTC
terrapinflyer

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:48:53 AM

Avalon, eww.

Or even the Drillbit system that will start shipping buy the end of the week with just a little less per GH/s and the same power usage. But I still just cant see $20gh making money ever, even if its running off no electricity. Never mind making a profit but never even coming close to breaking even. The Avalon example at $13gh will make more back today then this will ever make and even that is high.
So even if you have to pay .15kw/h with the avalon and started mining today you would lose about $290, now if you had your unit in hand today and didnt pay a penny for power you would lose about $383.
I was only trying to see if you had plans to adjust your price to in the ball park to something your customers could break even with. Even with the more efficient power use the +30% higher price still makes it not add up for me. But maybe Im missing something here.
On the other hand Im stoked that you guys are getting such efficient power use with these chips, it gives me great hope for the future and I do agree that this is a great selling point.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:56:09 AM

Great looking board. Way over priced.
integrity42

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 01:26:53 AM

This is insanely overpriced.

41.7Gh will only get you 2.9BTC.  Why would someone spent 4.5BTC to only mine back 2.9BTC?

Thats idiotic.

http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=390928787.63809&dcosts=8000&diff_mincrease=30&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=41700&diff_mincreasedecrease=3&btcusd=190.75&dpowcon=30&btcusd_mincrease=1&pcost=0.25&calcweeks=32&dleadtime=0&action=calc

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 02:21:17 AM

Where have I seen this post before?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
terrapinflyer

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:04:15 AM

Where have I seen this post before?

Probably in every thread you read, doesn't make it any less true...
You could just buy blades for about the same price, have them the next day and start losing money faster  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: