Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:13:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [April fools] New new rank requirements  (Read 11582 times)
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:20:01 AM

I would never touch someone described in any way like Lauda.

How about if she looks like this?

Hey man, if you are gay I would understand the reason for not being interested.

Note, Lauda would never let you to touch her. she is not like alia.

Could you let me to take your place in "New new rank requirements" and you could keep "New rank requirements" for yourself?

Do you mean Lauda is a girl, no, no, a woman? Are you sure? April fools again!
He will be lucky if Lauda want too somehow, lol.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:23:29 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 08:43:21 AM by gantez

I see that every stats has disappeared. Wonderful fools day Shocked. Who knows what the genius theymos would give us again next April 1, by God's grace (guess I'm seeking some virtue now right... Grin).

Meanwhile, I believe we are going to have additional thread to play with on this joke this week. I'm sure some more creative members will come up with something funny, members like nullius probably Roll Eyes. Something like Sir theymos ,the holy genius cracked  my rib cage down.
milugau

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:28:07 AM

This is my first time to experience April the first in the forum , so congratulations to frightened-users due to new new rank requirements, which totally April Fools. For now, we can go back to ranking system and merit requirements to rank up.
Gabz999

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:29:35 AM

I see that every stats has disappeared. Wonderful fools day Shocked. Who knows what the genus theymos would give us again next April 1, by God's grace (guess I'm seeking some virtue now right... Grin).

Meanwhile, I believe we are going to have additional thread to play with on this joke this week. I'm sure some more creative members will come up with something funny, members like nullius probably Roll Eyes
I really thought that its a new system and never believe to all of them saying it's just an April Fools ! Lol!

Well played sir theymos Cheesy now I know !
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:31:14 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 10:20:35 AM by bobq

Yesterday not less than 172 sMerit was received by the forum administrator TheyMos for the newly introduced system which later turn out to be April Fools. Can one conclude that sMerit sent was a waits?

If people have sent sMerits to theymos to reward him for the quality of the joke, then why not. We could argue that generally it makes zero sense to send sMerits to theymos, since he is the top sMerits creator and as such the very one in the forum who absolutely doesn't need to receive them. But perhaps people like to waste their sMerits just for the pleasure to make a point by notifying theymos that they're appreciating what he's doing.
But if on the other side these people have sent their sMerits to theymos to praise his newest merit reform, without obviously having understood how it works, since there was nothing to understand there, then they have fully deserved to lose their sMerits. One shouldn't merit a post without having understood it. It defies the logic and the purpose of the merit system.

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:36:16 AM

This is an april fools joke.

I think a lot of users would love to all merit system turn to the 1st April joke  Grin
Nice game theymos, I've never saw so many "Sir" and "Please" before Grin
GoldenLad

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:40:03 AM

It means overdoing it. Saying please and thank you isn't unnecessary but doing it over and over in the same post and throwing in a few Sirs as well can be a bit over the top. There's a certain type of poster on this forum that displays that trait.

I do not support the constant repetition of the said words in the same post because over doing it will make the words loss its value.
And Yes, I agree. There are certain type of posters who might have that trait but the way Theymos exhibited it makes it looks like a bad thing.
Anyway, just thought I should say out my mind, no harms done anyway.

that unnecessarily polite is pertinent to short reply mostly at alternative cryptocurrencies board, which if allowed would turn the forum into spamming nightmare, but in general one should be more polite towards other as to not just shout profanity at others all the time in the discussion.

On the other hand that board actually have nothing more than just weekly report board for the bounty participant, you will learn nothing there.

This is also what I meant by it's constant repetition in the same post is what I don't support unlike people who say them out of genuine gratitude.
kiver

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:43:29 AM

I am literally laughing out loud right now  Grin despite I didn't understand that new fake system but never would have  thought that coming out from the forum administrator  anyway nice joke i think you had a lot of us by this one  Smiley
P.S i surely hope for a (new new rank requirements coming up even though I don't care much about ranking up )
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:57:32 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 09:25:32 AM by fxstrike

Yesterday not less than 172 sMerit was received by the forum administrator TheyMos for the newly introduced system which later turn out to be April Fools. Can one conclude that sMerit sent was a waits?
If people have sent sMerits to theymos to reward him for the quality of the joke, then why not. We could argue that generally it makes zero sense to send sMerits to theymos, since he is the top sMerits creator and as such the very one in the forum who absolutely doesn't need to receive them. But perhaps people like to waist their sMerits just for the pleasure to make a point by notifying theymos that they're appreciating what he's doing.
But if on the other side these people have sent their sMerits to theymos to praise his newest merit reform, without obviously having understood how it works, since there was nothing to understand there, then they have fully deserved to lose their sMerits. One shouldn't merit a post without having understood it. It defies the logic and the purpose of the merit system.
What drive people most to dumps their sMerit to this topic probably just their appreciation to theymos as a leader or someone they look up to. 2.5% of the weekly sMerit marketshare is huge.

yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:06:22 AM

April fools, yeah i get fooled by admin theymos, nice game well played haha. I thought it was something that will also be a help aside from merit feature but it was like kinda animated, Virtue, karma, all got me with a single blow, i also thought that it was serious because admin himself posted it. Nice joke Admin +1 HAHA
billykannithi

Activity: 330

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:37:41 AM

Theymos are creating this fools for getting sMerit purposeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....
Bannnn himmmmmmm pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! (2nd April joke).
Sigmas55

Activity: 658
Merit: 36

Telegram:@sigmas55

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:53:48 AM

Turned out to be an April fool’s joke 🙂, at least i learned something new and never heard of it before (Conway's Game of Life)
ztaz

Activity: 602
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:05:25 AM

and yet it was an April Fool's joke Undecided but it would be very interesting to listen to a sensible explanation for the new introductions, it might be as easy to get an increase in rank ... and so everything remains very sad Undecided
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:07:58 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1), sirazimuth (1)

P.S., Dr. Cerimon shall must needs advise on how best to program the forum software to distinguish between good and ill humours.

After briefly making it up in my head consulting my most revered texts, it is clear to me that the humourless shitposters are of the sanguine temperament - enjoy being part of a crowd (megathreads), enthusiastic and outgoing (constantly spamming), boisterous, and have a hard time relaxing. The are certainly not choleric (independent, logical), melancholic (thoughtful, introverted) or phlegmatic (quiet, sympathetic).

As we all know, the sanguine temperament is linked closely to the blood humour, which is also warm and moist. It seems logical, then, that the best treatment for these humourless shitposters, is either complete derision with cold, dry sarcasm, or bloodletting, perhaps of their entire blood volume. I will begin organising a randomised control trial immediately.

Honestly, I did wonder about about in some way locally tagging all the people who did not get the joke for my own benefit - not to say they are untrustworthy per se, just that they are colossally dense.

With this being an April Fools joke (who'd have thunk it!?), I am very upset that I wasted all that time creating an Ultimate Guide to ranking up as fast as possible. Seems only fair for theymos to recompense me with 200 virtue points.
ekdahlswart

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:12:11 AM

This is an april fools joke.

While merit improved things a lot, clearly more adjustments were necessary. Therefore, some new rank requirements have been added in addition to the old requirements.

The new rank components are:

Activity & Merit
As before.

Politeness
How polite you have been in your posts, using language such as "please" and "sir". Politeness is after all the cornerstone of any good community.

fMerit
An obvious extension on top of Merit, sMerit, and source merit. It is calculated using this simple formula:
Code:
min((1103515245*(uid+activity)+12345) % (1<<10),(1103515245*posts+12345) % (1<<10), (1103515245*merit+12345) % (1<<10))

Imagination
Bitcoin would not even exist without Satoshi's impressive imagination, so I've decided to take this into account on the forum. Imaginative people are those who have posted many images.

Virtue
This is an upright, God-fearing community which will suffer no witchcraft or other heresy. This stat measures your moral virtue. Warning: those with low virtue may be visited by the holy inquisition.

Coins
How many different coins you have invested in. A good Bitcointalker will maintain a reasonable balance between conservative (100% yearly return) and aggressive (7% weekly return) tokens/coins.

This is how many non-scammer trust ratings you have both sent and received. Due to our strict moderation of the trust system, this is sure to be a highly reliable measure of your reliability vis-à-vis the trust system.

Previously a lot of people were posting questions about the ranking system, so I decided to simplify it. Just put the highest-order 10 bits of each number into a grid in this configuration:
https://bitcointalk.org/Themes/guide.png
Then run Conway's Game of Life on the cells. If the cells never stop moving even after infinite steps, then you advance to the next rank.

For example, consider someone with these stats:
Merit: 40
Activity: 56
Politeness: 36
fMerit: 56
Imagination: 36
Virtue: 40
Coins: 56
This gives you a grid like:
https://bitcointalk.org/Themes/sample.png
https://bitcointalk.org/Themes/sample2.gif

This never ends, so the person will advance in rank.

Rank adjustments happen every week on Tuesday, and you can only go up 1 rank per week.

Hopefully this easy-to-understand, graphical ranking system will put to rest many users' questions and concerns once and for all.
I thought this was real and if this was real it would be very confusing for newbie like me. Nice jokes "Sir"
greeklogos

Merit: 152

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:25:18 AM

That is really so. 172 sMerits that's exactly how much I nedd to rank up to Sr.member and he got it for a joke. A little bit not fair. Can we count this case as merit abusing one and report on theymos? Haha Tongue
Jupil

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:52:35 AM

I am still curious about the "April fool's joke" thing. Can anyone please give me some useful links for clarifications. I am a newbie. Thank you in advanced. 
The_Don1

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:00:24 AM

sir when you recover our hacked accounts .. please take a look on it too Smiley
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 11:10:03 AM

I am still curious about the "April fool's joke" thing. Can anyone please give me some useful links for clarifications. I am a newbie. Thank you in advanced. 

Here you go http://bfy.tw/4ywc

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GDragon

Merit: 126

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:40:33 AM

Wahahahha I knew it!! It almost ruin my life 😂😂 several people was falled in this kind of joke and I am one of those. Nice joke sir 😂

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: