Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:32:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Monarch update  (Read 14067 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:50:49 PM

From the original post in the topic quoting Josh:

Current chip production has an expected delivery date in early/first half of December. We expect to have chips at that time and hope to have our first units shipped out the door by the end of December. We did not reach our goal of November delivery.

Today we find out the chips won't be ready for another 5 weeks.
BFL ran the exact same scam as last year, and may have made even more off it this time around.
Meanwhile difficulty is at 3,815,723,799 and growing.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:57:59 PM

Current chip production has an expected delivery date in early/first half of December. We expect to have chips at that time and hope to have our first units shipped out the door by the end of December. We did not reach our goal of November delivery.

BFL ran the exact same scam as last year, and may have made even more off it this time around.

BFL ran the exact same scam in 2011, 2012, and 2013.

How long does it take for some people to catch on?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:35:51 PM

At least the power consumption looks ok............for now  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:41:34 AM

All customers who ordered 600GH Monarchs prior to the price decrease on November 28, 2013 will be upgraded to the Imperial Monarch product, which is a new, high performance version of the card.  The Imperial Monarch will operate at 1 TH/s (+ / - 20%).

Ahahaha, the IMPERIAL monarch... joshie...

Ahahaha, April due date... BFL...  Grin

well unacceptable i may have to come to the conclusion via 'logic' that 'pigs are indeed flying" according to this

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information-2.html#post77863

march 4th announcement....you can according to the below quote from the above link

quote:

Six Month Refund or Double Shipment Guarantee
If you’ve been waiting in queue for six months or more, you qualify for either a full refund in USD, OR double the hardware you ordered. This latter option will come in the form of (a) first shipping you the new Imperial Monarch, giving you an expected 160-175% of your ordered hashrate, and then (b) an additional Standard 600 GH Monarch at the end of the queue, giving you another 100% hashrate boost, totaling an expected 250+% of your ordered hashrate once all products have shipped. (Note: Electing the refund cancels the Imperial Monarch upgrade offer in the first section above.)

unquote:

well anyway according to the above (when they get around to showing us how) I 'supposedly" can get a FULL REFUND for my August 22nd 2013 monarch upgrade of my 65mm brick equipment to the last gasp monarch (which up till like 3hrs ago seemed very very stupid)

so if the above is true (hmmmmm....).....as being that early an order ...full price....and it has been a bit more then 6 months when I count on my toes....

I 'supposedly' should get a full refund on my 600gh monrach of 4900 bucks or whatever it was

(still looking out window for one or more of the following ...'pigs flying" ....jennifer love hewitt flashing me from the sidewalk...alien saucer....bill gates with BBQ delivery and out for drinks.....any of which is more likely to be true then me getting a frigging refund finally from stuff from last april 12th with all the 'adjustments' to my order since then...

a  very confused

Searing

I'll let you know what other lame excuse may or may not come up so that above does not come to pass

( i mean really there should be some pigs flying around here soon...i mean i did feel the 'universe' lurch to the left on this annoucement!

er then again I still am in their (bfl's) clutches have the last of my non-refundable 65mm asic stuff upgraded to a 10/19/13 300gh monarch....if i can just wiggle free
from that I will be free I tell you free...(runs down street looking for flying pigs peeling clothes off making choo choo sound and yelling "choo choo bitcoin" .....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
wunch

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:01:05 PM

If you’ve been waiting in queue for six months or more, you qualify for either a full refund in USD, OR double the hardware you ordered. This latter option will come in the form of (a) first shipping you the new Imperial Monarch, giving you an expected 160-175% of your ordered hashrate, and then (b) an additional Standard 600 GH Monarch at the end of the queue, giving you another 100% hashrate boost, totaling an expected 250+% of your ordered hashrate once all products have shipped. (Note: Electing the refund cancels the Imperial Monarch upgrade offer in the first section above.)

Hey psychologists if you want to see the Stanford Marshmallow Experiment run against Bitcoin miners now is your chance!
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:59:24 PM

bfl'd again. monarchs out by end of summer and worth nothing close to cost

ok
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:49:53 AM

its the noobs...this is a scam for noobs by bfl ......the constant ad's you do a google search for bitcoin and bfl ad comes up

alas bfl noob trap

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:41:13 AM

It's not going to be 5 weeks. Every single time something gets pushed back they take the most optimistic, unrealistic, out-of-their-ass date they can come up with. If they say 5 weeks, it's safe to at least double that number.

I'm going to go ahead and speculate that the chips they received are a disaster. The "power consumption better than expected!" and "we'll compensate you guys for waiting" parts are just to sugar coat the news that, in fact, they can't use the chips and will not have chips any time soon while diff is at a point where everybody who bought a Monarch fucked themselves just like we predicted all those months ago. Minimalizing issues is a tactic we've seen before from Fail Labs.

If it wasn't so predictable it'd be funny.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:25:17 PM

FYI, everyone who ordered from BFL and has not yet received their equipment is eligible for a full refund. If they don't give it to you, take them to small claims court and get a judgement against them. Then get that judgment enforced in Kansas. You don't need a lawyer, shouldn't cost more than $50.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:13:00 PM

I will say at least they gave the customers a bunch of options for compensation.   I have a hosting client that has a large order of these and he wasn't happy but was happy they gave him options.   5 week delay is major in ASIC-land.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:21:26 PM

masochists.

ok
mtminer

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:29:41 PM

I will say at least they gave the customers a bunch of options for compensation.   I have a hosting client that has a large order of these and he wasn't happy but was happy they gave him options.   5 week delay is major in ASIC-land.

How are you going to handle putting more than one card in a case if they require water cooling?

Curious, not trying to troll.

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:08:46 PM

How are you going to handle putting more than one card in a case if they require water cooling?

They are controlled by USB and don't need to be installed in a computer case.  Apparently BFL are designing a stand that they can be mounted upon.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:19:57 AM

I will say at least they gave the customers a bunch of options for compensation.   I have a hosting client that has a large order of these and he wasn't happy but was happy they gave him options.   5 week delay is major in ASIC-land.

They are controlled by USB and don't need to be installed in a computer case.  Apparently BFL are designing a stand that they can be mounted upon.

How can you put enough of these units in stands or cases or racks to make it worth your while to mine and cool them. If you are not building something like the allied controlled / asicminer solution you are simply not playing to win. Crappy and seriously inefficient after market cooling water blocks are not going to keep pace with the density of the system in the videos. Mining at home is pretty much dead and the idea that the Monarch is a design innovation is ludicrous.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=346134.0

http://www.allied-control.com/immersion-2/video

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:39:48 AM

I will say at least they gave the customers a bunch of options for compensation.   I have a hosting client that has a large order of these and he wasn't happy but was happy they gave him options.   5 week delay is major in ASIC-land.

They are controlled by USB and don't need to be installed in a computer case.  Apparently BFL are designing a stand that they can be mounted upon.

How can you put enough of these units in stands or cases or racks to make it worth your while to mine and cool them. If you are not building something like the allied controlled / asicminer solution you are simply not playing to win. Crappy and seriously inefficient after market cooling water blocks are not going to keep pace with the density of the system in the videos. Mining at home is pretty much dead and the idea that the Monarch is a design innovation is ludicrous.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=346134.0

http://www.allied-control.com/immersion-2/video

I agree completely... at-home bitcoin mining is dead.  But I didn't foresee density and cooling becoming such a hindrance so soon.

I have 3THs at home (here in the US southwest) and it's already much to hot during the day.  I don't know what I'm going to when the last of my preorders are finally delivered.  Depressing.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:25:20 AM

FYI, everyone who ordered from BFL and has not yet received their equipment is eligible for a full refund. If they don't give it to you, take them to small claims court and get a judgement against them. Then get that judgment enforced in Kansas. You don't need a lawyer, shouldn't cost more than $50.

you know anyone that has won this in the way of an actual check from BFL?...I know a bunch of guys won in small claims court but BFL I heard has appealed them all and it is still tied up in court (this was a couple months ago so maybe this log jam has been fixed?)

only place I heard that BFL has  paid was some guys in Europe because of tougher 'enforcement' of their consumer laws (we have such laws but no enforcement..if you get a
product here in usa even if it is 9 months late enforcement wanes...and lawyer's have passed on class actions because in that you did get a 'product' even though it was very late....told not worth their time unless you want to pay up front

anyway would be nice to hear that BFL has actually paid some folks in the states

As to the MONARCH REFUND ANNOUCEMENT of a couple days ago:

as a side note I have an email from BFL saying they will give a refund on monarch full on the early monarch orders (mine is Aug 22nd... a force upgraded of all my 65mm stuff)...they say it will take 30-45 days to get it and they will contact us about details with what we get per customer situation...er me thinks that email will likely be another 30 days coming.....

ie.....if it is 45 days and everyone refunds (which is what I'd expect ...most of us) then likely that will be the day bfl declares bankruptcy and pulls a GOX on us!

I mean if it is a bet between getting a date with Kate Upton or BFL gives me a refund I'd have to go with the date (I mean the odds are better I'd win a contest for a blind date with Kate Upton before BFL gives us any money back right?)

so I am going to do this

(ie get used to disappointment.....) to save my sanity..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZIlAExvneo

I am NOT counting on BFL's good graces to follow thru on this for a full refund (ie I JUST missed the bullet run by 1 day or so...if I don't get a full refund in my position Aug 22nd 2013 order..(more then 6 months already according to what they said is eligible ie more the 6 months full refund) then that would mean it was another scam and or email of stall by Josh.

anyway keeping expectations in check (hope I'm wrong) still have another forced update of 300gh monarch oct 19th 2013 so I will still be in their clutches even if above 600gh is refunded...I just can't wiggle away fast enough.

(need to escape I tell you ...frigging BFL ASIC Death Star for crying out loud...)

Searing

DontMineMe

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:21:40 AM

Criminal intent to defraud maybe present based on prior repeated actions/behavior. Good prosecutor can build this case easily in my opinion. Yet it is also up to consumer to exercise some due diligence when doing biz with such vendors. 
joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:49:27 PM

Hey psychologists if you want to see the Stanford Marshmallow Experiment run against Bitcoin miners now is your chance!

If this was the Stanford Marshmallow test I'd have 1 miner now.

Clearly not the case Smiley
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:02:34 AM

Come to think of it, the whole of bitcoin is a Stanford marshmallow test.... $100 now, $200 later.... $500 now, $1000 later.... $600 now $1200 later...

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:17:32 AM

Ok, so we are helping Josh with a realistic March 2014 shipping.

What will be the projected network hash rate?
What would will an under performing Monarch make in March 2014?
What are these Monarch's going to need PSU / PDU and control or back plane wise?

Given what we have seen in the past from BFL there is a lot of unanswered design questions here and with little or no guidance on what the finished product will be able to do, what it will cost in terms of 'accessories' to get this Monarch hashing for the user seems to me to be a good place to question this design.

Failure to plan.

Plus,you know BFL will miss thier power targets by at least 3 fold,a leopard can't change his spots  Cheesy

Best get your head examined, CBH!  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: